• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Master Of Horror

Titanic

What are your thought's on Stephen King book's and Stephen King? He is my fav author by the way.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
He is certainly skillful (I loved "Needful Things"), but I like others as well. Edgar Alan Poe, for one. I recently got a liking to Brian Lumley as well.

Titanic

He is certainly skillful (I loved "Needful Things"), but I like others as well. Edgar Alan Poe, for one. I recently got a liking to Brian Lumley as well.

Stephen King just click's with me. Poe of course is one of the best. Stephen King just make's you really think he just might be a serial killer. He truly is the master of horror. Thank's for your reply. peace.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't honestly read any of King's works, but I am also not a fan of the horror genre so I wouldn't go out of my way to consume anything of that classification. >_>

The X-files is probably my one exception to consuming a semi-horror themed product. IIRC, he did write (and direct?) a couple of episodes. I forget which one. I'm not the X-phile I used to be years ago.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Hey, Titanic, have you read any of King's most "cthulhoid" works? I have been researching the Cthulhu Cycle story authors that are not Lovecraft, and Stephen King (who usually includes a few shout-outs to Lovecraft's works) seems to have writter a few pieces that are more directly linked.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I read The Eyes of the Dragon when I was a kid, and I've been a fan ever since.
I wouldn't say he's the best there is, but he has a way of writing that makes it really hard to put a book down.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
He was great with the Shining and the one where the devil takes the child. Besides that he was only OK imo

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The first SK book I read was Firestarter when I was a teen. Then I read the book Christine (the title caught my eye, LOL, it is kind of strange to read about an evil car that has my name, though. ;) ).
I also read Dean Koontz and John Saul.

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
Personally, I prefer his older works. Love Needful Things, Salem's Lot and the like. Not do much a fan of Rose Madder, Bag of Bones. I do have to add, for not being a "horror" story, The Long Walk was amazing.

.. And of course, Green Mile.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Personally, I prefer his older works. Love Needful Things, Salem's Lot and the like. Not do much a fan of Rose Madder, Bag of Bones. I do have to add, for not being a "horror" story, The Long Walk was amazing.

.. And of course, Green Mile.

I feel much the same way. "The Long Walk" is one of my favorites. But for modern epics, it's difficult to top "The Stand."

Titanic

Hey, Titanic, have you read any of King's most "cthulhoid" works? I have been researching the Cthulhu Cycle story authors that are not Lovecraft, and Stephen King (who usually includes a few shout-outs to Lovecraft's works) seems to have writter a few pieces that are more directly linked.

Yeah I read one crouch end. I think he is much better suited to write epic horror story's than short story's. He is coming out with two book's this year, I can not wait!