• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

I said you didn’t do it on purpose. I simply added what you forgot to quote.
Hang on the the context to what we were talking about was how love fulfills the law. Perhaps you were confused.
I think I just listed one of them. Here is another. Do people still sacrifice lambs? No. That part of the Law changed.
Hang on the the context to what we were talking about was how love fulfills the law. Perhaps you were confused.
I think we have gone over this before as I listed many scriptures. Did you want me to list them again?
We did, every scripture you listed never said Gods 10 commandments of seventh day Sabbath was abolished right?
I said every day is a Sabbath. I didn’t disregarded it, I enlarged it.
How can every day be a Sabbath when God says that the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord you God (Exodus 20:10)?
Luke 4:18-20 New American Standard Bible
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He anointed Me to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent Me to proclaim release to captives,
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set free those who are oppressed,

Isaiah 61:2 NASB19 - - Bible Gateway To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord.”
To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord

Leviticus 25:10 NASB
So you shall consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim a release throughout the land to all its...
But we do know what it says. - however, we must study to show ourselves approved.
But I do… and if I miss it, I have an advocate and if I confess my sins he is faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.
Kenny none of those scriptures say we are in the Year of Jubilee now do they? I am not sure how you get that.
But we do know what it says. - however, we must study to show ourselves approved.
Yes I agree we have been given Gods Words but again how are you doing what Gods Word says when God says to remember the seventh day Sabbath to keep it holy as a memorial of creation? Gods commandment is one of Gods eternal 10 commandments that the new covenant tells us gives us the knowledge of what sin is if we break it (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) while James says in James 2:10-11 if we break anyone of them we stand guilty of sin before God. This obviously includes all of Gods 10 commandments which are Gods eternal laws of good and evil and sin and righteousness according to the scriptures, or are you arguing that 9/10 commandments are still Gods standard of good and evil and the Sabbath is is now a shadow law?

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure you do not misunderstand you.
But I do… and if I miss it, I have an advocate and if I confess my sins he is faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.
Yes if we occasionally sin we have an advocate with the father in Jesus. However if the bible teaches in the new covenant that sin is the breaking of any one of Gods 10 commandments (James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Romans 3:20 and Romans 7:7) and the Sabbath is one of Gods 10 commandments and we continue breaking Gods 4th commandment living in unrepentant sin not confessing anything to God how can you have an advocate with the father while continuing to practice sin? (breaking Gods law). see Hebrews 10:26-31.

Thanks I am enjoying the discussion trying to understand your thinking here.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

No… you just forgot to quote a portion of what I said

No… I think you just aren’t quite understanding what I am saying.
We did, every scripture you listed never said Gods 10 commandments of seventh day Sabbath was abolished right?

Perhaps you didn’t understand what I said. It wasn’t “abolished” - it was enlarged to an eternal rest - I am in my year of Jubilee
How can every day be a Sabbath when God says that the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord you God (Exodus 20:10)?

Are you limiting God’s capacity? Do you think that in Heaven there isn’t an eternal rest? I simply made God’s will on earth as it is in Heaven.

Kenny none of those scriptures say we are in the Year of Jubilee now do they? I am not sure how you get that.

??? I’m not sure you are understanding. Perhaps a prayer of “the Spirit of wisdom and revelation be imparted unto you?"
Yes I agree we have been given Gods Words but again how are you doing what Gods Word says when God says to remember the seventh day Sabbath to keep it holy as a memorial of creation? Gods commandment is one of Gods eternal 10 commandments that the new covenant tells us gives us the knowledge of what sin is if we break it (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) while James says in James 2:10-11 if we break anyone of them we stand guilty of sin before God. This obviously includes all of Gods 10 commandments which are Gods eternal laws of good and evil and sin and righteousness according to the scriptures, or are you arguing that 9/10 commandments are still Gods standard of good and evil and the Sabbath is is now a shadow law?

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure you do not misunderstand you.
No… I think you just don’t understand scripture in reference to “To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord.” - you might want to study it.

Yes if we occasionally sin we have an advocate with the father in Jesus. However if the bible teaches in the new covenant that sin is the breaking of any one of Gods 10 commandments (James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Romans 3:20 and Romans 7:7) and the Sabbath is one of Gods 10 commandments and we continue breaking Gods 4th commandment living in unrepentant sin not confessing anything to God how can you have an advocate with the father while continuing to practice sin? (breaking Gods law). see Hebrews 10:26-31.

Thanks I am enjoying the discussion trying to understand your thinking here.

But bringing that into perspective, you must be careful not to enter into spiritual adultery (Romans 7)

additionally...

19 Why the Law then? It was added on account of the violations, having been ordered through angels at the hand of a mediator, until the Seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; but God is only one. 21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? Far from it! For if a law had been given that was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. 22 But the Scripture has confined everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the Law, being confined for the faith that was destined to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our guardian to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.26 For you are all sons and daughters of God through faith in Christ Jesus.27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

3rdAngel

No… you just forgot to quote a portion of what I said
Well that is not true Kenny. We were specifically talking about how love fulfills and obeys Gods law on which you agreed on three or four examples on Gods 10 commandments. Then I do the same thing with Gods Sabbath commandment and you start back peddling. Do you know see anything wrong in your consistency and view of your interpretation of the scriptures? - I do.
No… I think you just aren’t quite understanding what I am saying.
Yes because the context of our discussion was that we were talking about was how love fulfills the law. So in that context what you are responding to does not make sense.
Perhaps you didn’t understand what I said. It wasn’t “abolished” - it was enlarged to an eternal rest - I am in my year of Jubilee
You might want to consider that the year of Jubilee still included weekly Sabbaths of Gods 10 commandments Kenny. Likewise, whatever year you believe we are in Kenny if we are breaking Gods commandments we are sinning against God or neighbor. This demonstrate also as we have been discussing that we are do not love and are sinning against God or our fellow man and therefore not not resting in him (see 1 John 3:4; Comp James 2:10-11 and Isaiah 57:20). Just as sin is the transgression of Gods law, James says if we break anyone of Gods 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of breaking all of them. This includes Gods 7th Day Sabbath which is one of Gods 10 commandments.
Are you limiting God’s capacity? Do you think that in Heaven there isn’t an eternal rest? I simply made God’s will on earth as it is in Heaven.
It is not limiting Gods capacity by believing and obeying what Gods Word says. It is unbiblical to think that we can not believe Gods Word and break Gods commandments and sin against God and believe we are resting in God because it is written in the scriptures, in Isaiah 57:20 20, But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
??? I’m not sure you are understanding. Perhaps a prayer of “the Spirit of wisdom and revelation be imparted unto you?"
Kenny I understood the scriptures you posted. Just not your application of them. You say you are in the year of Jubilees. How does this negate your responsibility of believing God and obeying Gods Words and commandments? - It doesn't. Breaking Gods law is the very definition of what sin is *1 John 3:4 in the new testament scriptures.
No… I think you just don’t understand scripture in reference to “To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord.” - you might want to study it.
Well thanking Kenny but I already have and it is not teaching that in the acceptable hear of the Lord we are now free to not believe and obey Gods Word and break His commandments. That is the very definition of what sin is.
But bringing that into perspective, you must be careful not to enter into spiritual adultery (Romans 7)additionally... 19 Why the Law then? It was added on account of the violations, having been ordered through angels at the hand of a mediator, until the Seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; but God is only one. 21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? Far from it! For if a law had been given that was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. 22 But the Scripture has confined everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the Law, being confined for the faith that was destined to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our guardian to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.26 For you are all sons and daughters of God through faith in Christ Jesus.27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.
Again we are not saved by keeping the law because we are all sinners who have broken Gods law. That said if we have acknowledge our sins and turn away from them in repentance and confession of sin through faith in Gods Word we have Gods forgiveness of sins and are no longer standing guilty before God under the law of sin and death but are now free to walk in Gods Spirit. Therefore we are now free to obey Gods law and believe His Word and not sin against God. So it is not spiritual adultery to believe and obey Gods Word this is what it means to be faithful to God by believing and obeying His Word and the very definition of what saving faith is that we agreed on earlier. This is what Romans 6 is talking about 1, What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2, God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3, Know you not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4, Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5, For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6, Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that from now on we should not serve sin. 7, For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8, Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9, Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dies no more; death has no more dominion over him. 10, For in that he died, he died to sin once: but in that he lives, he lives to God. 11, Likewise reckon you also yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12, Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13, Neither yield you your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin: but yield yourselves to God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14, For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace. 15, What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.16, Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness? 17, But God be thanked, that you were the servants of sin, but you have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18, Being then made free from sin, you became the servants of righteousness. 19, I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as you have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity to iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness to holiness. 20, For when you were the servants of sin, you were free from righteousness. 21, What fruit had you then in those things whereof you are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22, But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23, For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Breaking Gods Sabbath commandment of the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11) is sin Kenny (1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11). Does this not concern you Kenny? It should because according to Hebrews 10:26-31 you could lose your salvation.

Kenny

Premium Member
Breaking Gods Sabbath commandment of the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11) is sin Kenny (1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11). Does this not concern you Kenny? It should because according to Hebrews 10:26-31 you could lose your salvation.

But bringing that into perspective, you must be careful not to enter into spiritual adultery (Romans 7)

additionally...

19 Why the Law then? It was added on account of the violations, having been ordered through angels at the hand of a mediator, until the Seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; but God is only one. 21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? Far from it! For if a law had been given that was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. 22 But the Scripture has confined everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the Law, being confined for the faith that was destined to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our guardian to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.26 For you are all sons and daughters of God through faith in Christ Jesus.27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

I really do think you should pray for the spirit of revelation to help you

3rdAngel

additionally...

I really do think you should pray for the spirit of revelation to help you
Kenny this was already answered in the last post perhaps you missed it. Again we are not saved by keeping the law because we are all sinners who have broken Gods law. That said if we have acknowledge our sins and turn away from them in repentance and confession of sin through faith in Gods Word we have Gods forgiveness of sins and are no longer standing guilty before God under the law of sin and death but are now free to walk in Gods Spirit. Therefore we are now free to obey Gods law and believe His Word and not sin against God. So it is not spiritual adultery to believe and obey Gods Word this is what it means to be faithful to God by believing and obeying His Word and the very definition of what saving faith is that we agreed on earlier. This is what Romans 6 is talking about 1, What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2, God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3, Know you not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4, Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5, For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6, Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that from now on we should not serve sin. 7, For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8, Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9, Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dies no more; death has no more dominion over him. 10, For in that he died, he died to sin once: but in that he lives, he lives to God. 11, Likewise reckon you also yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12, Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13, Neither yield you your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin: but yield yourselves to God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14, For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace. 15, What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.16, Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness? 17, But God be thanked, that you were the servants of sin, but you have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18, Being then made free from sin, you became the servants of righteousness. 19, I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as you have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity to iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness to holiness. 20, For when you were the servants of sin, you were free from righteousness. 21, What fruit had you then in those things whereof you are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22, But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23, For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Breaking Gods Sabbath commandment of the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11) is sin Kenny (1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11). Does this not concern you Kenny? It should because according to Hebrews 10:26-31 you could lose your salvation. Also, you might want to consider if you do not believe and obey Gods Word Kenny and are sinning against God you do not have Gods Spirit because according to the scriptures God only gives His Spirit to those who believe and obey His Words (see John 3:36; Acts 2:38 and Acts 5:32). Once we have been freed from sin and received Gods forgiveness of sin Kenny we are now not free to break Gods law.

You did not read Romans 6:1-23 now did you.

Kenny

Premium Member
Kenny this was already answered in the last post perhaps you missed it. Again we are not saved by keeping the law because we are all sinners who have broken Gods law. That said if we have acknowledge our sins and turn away from them in repentance and confession of sin through faith in Gods Word we have Gods forgiveness of sins and are no longer standing guilty before God under the law of sin and death but are now free to walk in Gods Spirit. Therefore we are now free to obey Gods law and believe His Word and not sin against God. So it is not spiritual adultery to believe and obey Gods Word this is what it means to be faithful to God by believing and obeying His Word and the very definition of what saving faith is that we agreed on earlier. This is what Romans 6 is talking about 1, What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2, God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3, Know you not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4, Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5, For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6, Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that from now on we should not serve sin. 7, For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8, Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9, Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dies no more; death has no more dominion over him. 10, For in that he died, he died to sin once: but in that he lives, he lives to God. 11, Likewise reckon you also yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12, Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13, Neither yield you your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin: but yield yourselves to God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14, For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace. 15, What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.16, Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness? 17, But God be thanked, that you were the servants of sin, but you have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18, Being then made free from sin, you became the servants of righteousness. 19, I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as you have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity to iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness to holiness. 20, For when you were the servants of sin, you were free from righteousness. 21, What fruit had you then in those things whereof you are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22, But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23, For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Breaking Gods Sabbath commandment of the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11) is sin Kenny (1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11). Does this not concern you Kenny? It should because according to Hebrews 10:26-31 you could lose your salvation. Also, you might want to consider if you do not believe and obey Gods Word Kenny and are sinning against God you do not have Gods Spirit because according to the scriptures God only gives His Spirit to those who believe and obey His Words (see John 3:36; Acts 2:38 and Acts 5:32). Once we have been freed from sin and received Gods forgiveness of sin Kenny we are now not free to break Gods law.

You did not read Romans 6:1-23 now did you.
Gal 3 is so concise and direct and Rom 7 comes after 6 and gives you the amplified Sabath that is my year of Jubilee.

Sounds more like you want spiritual adultery of Rom 7

3rdAngel

Gal 3 is so concise and direct and Rom 7 comes after 6 and gives you the amplified Sabath that is my year of Jubilee.
Sounds more like you want spiritual adultery of Rom 7
Sadly though Kenny Galatians 3 and Romans 7 does not delete the content of Romans 6. Just like the bible teaches it is sin to break anyone of Gods 10 commandments in James 2:10-11 and 1 John 3:4. Therefore no one commits spiritual adultery by believing and obeying what Gods Word says. We commit spiritual adultery by not believing Gods Word and breaking His commandments. This is called sin. We commit adultery therefore by sinning against God. Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4) and of course this includes anyone of Gods 10 commandments including Gods 4th commandment (Exodus 20:8-11). According to Hebrews 10:26-31 those who continue in known unrepentant sin are not in a saved state with God according to the scriptures. Does that not worry you Kenny? - It should.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Galatians 5:3
And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.

Romans 2:17
But if you bear the name “Jew” and rely upon the Law and boast in God,

Romans 3:19
Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;

Romans 4:16
For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,

Galatians 3:23
But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.

Galatians 4:5
so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

Hebrews 9:22
And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Galatians 3:10
For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.”

Romans 2:12
For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;

1 Corinthians 9:20
To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law;

Source: 13 Bible verses about Under The Law

Brian2

Veteran Member
That is because it is scripture and saving faith to believe Gods Word and to do what Gods Word says. Anything else is the dead faith of devils according to James 2:10-11.

God's Word says that we should be led by the Spirit and not the letter of the law.
2Cor 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

According to the scriptures, Gods 10 commandments is neither positive of negative. The purpose of Gods 10 commandments is to give us the knowledge of GOOD AND RIGHT DOING when obeyed and SIN AND EVIL when disobeyed (see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and Psalms 119:172). Gods 10 commandments are the knowledge of good when obeyed and evil when disobeyed.

Mainly the 10 Commandments are negative in the sense that they say "do not" do certain things. We can learn what sin was in the Mosaic Covenant from the law and what God might want from us also, but sin is also what is not of faith. (Romans 14:23)
If I have faith about the Sabbath and how and if it is to be kept by those in the New Covenant, and especially when we are told that we are not under the Law and we are not told to keep the Sabbath in the New Covenant, we are told that love fulfills the requirements of the law.
( Romans 6:14, Romans 10:4, Gal 2:16)

The scriptures disagree with you as it is written in ROMANS 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law. [9], FOR THIS, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT KILL, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, YOU SHALL NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is SUMMED UP in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore, love is the fulfilling [DOING] of the law.

Not notice what the scriptures say above...
1. He who loves another has fulfilled the law (8)
2. For this that is if you love another, you will not break Gods commandments (commandments listed) see (9)
3. Loving our neighbor from the heart is simply summing up obedience to those commandments in Gods law to do with loving our fellow man (9)
4. Fulfilling of the law mean "doing of the law". The Greek word here used is G4138 πλήρωμα it means to "accomplish" or "keeping" (context is "the law) So fulfilling means to accomplish or keeping the law.

So the scripture are saying here that if we love our neighbor as our self we will obey those laws in Gods 10 commandments that demonstrate love. For example, when we love God and our neighbour it is expressed in our actions to do good (obeying Gods law). Romans 13:8-10 is saying if we love our neighbour...

* We will honor our parents,
* We will not kill them
* We will not commit adultery with thier spouse
* We will not steal from them
* We will not lie to them
* We will not covet what they own.

According to the scriptures therefore no one can claim to love their fellow man by breaking those commandments in Gods 10 commandments to do with how love to our fellow man is expressed. This is the very definition of what sin is in the bible.

If I love my neighbour in practice, then I have not harmed my neighbour and do I have kept the law, those "do nots" of the 10 commandments. (Romans 13:8-10)
But if I keep those commands that are mentioned in Romans 13: 8-14, that does not mean that I am loving my neighbour.
Love actually goes beyond the "do nots". We cannot say for example that we have loved our neighbour because we refrain from killing our neighbour.
You are sort of right but seem to be looking at things from the Old Covenant pov.

As shown from the scriptures above no one can claim to love their fellow man by breaking those commandments in Gods 10 commandments that shows us how love is demonstrated in Gods 10 commandments in loving God and our neighbour as yourself. If you claim to love your neighbour but steal from them and lie to them this simply means you do not love your fellow man and are still in your sins and unbelief. Love is not separate from obeying Gods commandments. Obedience to Gods law is how our love to God and our fellow man is expressed. This is why Jesus says in Matthew 22:36-40 that "On these two great commandments of love to God and man" Hang all the law and the prophets.

I have loved my neighbour by refraining from killing him and refraining from having sex with his wife and refraining from stealing his goods etc. No not really, that is just the basics of what God wants us to be like in the New Covenant.
And really there are no passages in the New Testament that tell us to keep the Sabbath, so you should stop speaking as if there are.
The Law is based on love for God and for neighbour, but the Law of Moses was specifically for Israel, the Jews.
The greatest commandments were not even in the 10 commandments.

See above no one can claims to love God and their fellow man if they do not obey Gods commandments. For example we cannot claim to love God by taking Gods name in vain, making idols and having other Gods and breaking His Sabbath. That is the very definition of what sin is in the bible (1 John 3:4; Romans 3:20; James 2:10-11). Love to God and our fellow man is not separate from obeying Gods 10 commandments which shows us our duty of love to God and man and how love is expressed according to the scriptures (Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12).

Our love is expressed by not showing partiality, by feeding the hungry, by visiting the sick and those in prison, by forgiving, by being patient and kind etc.

Your making stuff up now Brian. What you are saying here is not in the bible and is in direct opposition to the scriptures just shared with you above.

How is allowing ourselves to rest and our neighbour to rest in opposition to the scriptures?
You are sneaking in "Keep the Sabbath day" as a requirement under the New Covenant when no partial list of commands in the NT include the Sabbath.

Agreed it is also one of Gods 10 commandments from Exodus 20:8-11 and our duty of love to God showing us how to express our love to God.

Gentiles show that they have the law written in their heart. They may not know of the Sabbath but can still do what God requires. Those in the New Covenant also do not know of having to keep the Sabbath, at least not as a way to fulfil the Law.
Romans 2:14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15So they show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them 16on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Christ Jesus, as proclaimed by my gospel.

Read your bible dear friend. See Exodus 20:8-11 [8], Remember the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day) [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD THY GOD: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT.

You quote the Law of Moses as if it is a requirement for Christians. If you want to show your love for God by keeping the Sabbath and not working, then you should do that otherwise you are not acting in faith and it is sin.

You need to start reading the bible for yourself Brian. Everyone of Gods 10 commandments are repeated in the new covenant as a requirement for Christian living. No where in the scriptures does it teach anywhere in the old or new covenant scriptures that gentile believing Christians are now free to break anyone of Gods 10 commandments. In the new covenant scriptures breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments is the very definition of what sin is (see James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Romans 3:20 and Romans 7:7). Acts 15 is talking about the question is the Mosaic shadow law of "circumcision" being a requirement for new gentile believers (see Acts 15:1-2). Acts 15 was never over the question are Gods 10 commandments still the standard for Christian living.

Take Care.

Acts 15:5 But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses.”
It does not say that the Gentiles should be circumcised according to the Law of Moses,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it says that the Gentiles should be told to be circumcised AND to order them to keep the law of Moses.
And no, the Sabbath is not in the NT as a requirement for Christians, just as Sunday also is not there as a requirement for Christians.

3rdAngel

Galatians 5:3
And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.

Romans 2:17
But if you bear the name “Jew” and rely upon the Law and boast in God,

Romans 3:19
Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;

Romans 4:16
For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,

Galatians 3:23
But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.

Galatians 4:5
so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

Hebrews 9:22
And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Galatians 3:10
For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.”

Romans 2:12
For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;

1 Corinthians 9:20
To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law;

Source: 13 Bible verses about Under The Law
Thanks for the scriptures. Now why did you post them?

3rdAngel

God's Word says that we should be led by the Spirit and not the letter of the law.2Cor 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!
Yes, we cannot obey Gods law in our own power. We have to learn to walk in Gods Spirit through faith. That said no one receives Gods Spirit if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says (Acts 5:32; Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19). You might want to consider further that Gods Spirit is the Spirit of the Word of God and works through Gods Spirit as we choose to believe and obey what Gods Word says (see John 6:63; John 17:17 and John 3:36; 1 John 5:2-4). So having a belief that we can have Gods spirit by not believing and obeying what Gods Word says is a teaching of lawlessness that is unsupported by the scriptures and is the very definition of someone that does not know God and is still lost in their sins and unbelief twisting scripture to their own destruction. See 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:4-10; Acts 5:32; John 3:36; Matthew 7:21-23.
Mainly the 10 Commandments are negative in the sense that they say "do not" do certain things. We can learn what sin was in the Mosaic Covenant from the law and what God might want from us also, but sin is also what is not of faith. (Romans 14:23)
According to the scriptures in the new covenant the purpose of Gods 10 commandments is to give us the knowledge of GOOD (moral right doing when obeyed) and EVIL (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); SIN (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); and RIGHTEOUSNESS (see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and Psalms 119:172). So according to the scriptures in the new covenant SIN has two complimentary definitions which include breaking God law and not believing and obeying what Gods Word says (James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4 and Romans 14:23)
If I have faith about the Sabbath and how and if it is to be kept by those in the New Covenant, and especially when we are told that we are not under the Law and we are not told to keep the Sabbath in the New Covenant, we are told that love fulfills the requirements of the law.( Romans 6:14, Romans 10:4, Gal 2:16)
According to the scriptures "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" - Romans 10:17. According to the scriptures, no one is "Under the law" if they have repented of their sins and have received Gods forgiveness of sins (Romans 6:1-23; Romans 8:1-13; Proverbs 28:13; Acts 2:38; 1 John 1:9). We are only "under the law" if we stand guilty before God of breaking the law which one of the bible definition of sin defined in the scriptures and not believing and obeying what Gods Word says (see 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Romans 14:23). The scriptures you posted in Romans 6:14; Romans 10:4 and Galatians 2:16 are not saying to us that Christians are now free to break Gods law. That is the very definition of what sin is that separates us from God and His presence (see Isaiah 59:2) and makes us a part of the wicked. Gods Word does not teach lawlessness for without the law we have no knowledge of what sin is *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7. When Romans 6:14 that you posted says " 14, For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace." It means that breaking Gods law and not believing His Word shall not have dominion over you! Compare this to the context of Romans 6:1-2 where it says 1, What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2, God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Therefore we are not to live in sin defined in the scriptures as breaking Gods law and not believing and obeying what Gods Word says. There scriptures are in disagreement with your teachings therefore of lawlessness. Likewise in Romans 10:4 4, For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes." The scripture cannot be pulled from its context to promote teachings of lawlessness. The context in Romans 10:1-3 is that of Israel who reject Christ that the law points to and seeking to go out and establish their own righteousness by law keeping. This is impossible because the law shows us that we have all sinned and broken Gods law. Christ is the end of the law because that is where the law leads us as sinners who are condemned by it. The law gives us a knowledge of what sin is which is transgression of the law (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7) and leads us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith. That is where the law is to lead us to Christ so we might receive His forgiveness through faith (see Galatians 3:22-25). This is the meaning of Romans 10:4. Once again this scripture does not teach we are now free to break Gods law. That is the very definition of sin and lawlessness. Gods Word does not teach we are now free to sin and break Gods law. Once again in Galatians 2:16 it says "16, Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." No one is teaching you that we are justified by keeping the law. It is impossible when we have all sinned and broken the law. So once again, you have not provided a single scripture here that promotes a false teaching that as Christians we are all now free to break Gods law that would be sin in Gods eyes. Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4) and if we break anyone of Gods 10 commandments according to James including Gods Sabbath commandment which is one of Gods 10 commandments, we stand guilty before God of breaking all of them (see James 2:10-11).

continued.....

3rdAngel

If I love my neighbour in practice, then I have not harmed my neighbour and do I have kept the law, those "do nots" of the 10 commandments. (Romans 13:8-10)
But if I keep those commands that are mentioned in Romans 13: 8-14, that does not mean that I am loving my neighbour. Love actually goes beyond the "do nots". We cannot say for example that we have loved our neighbour because we refrain from killing our neighbour. You are sort of right but seem to be looking at things from the Old Covenant pov. I have loved my neighbour by refraining from killing him and refraining from having sex with his wife and refraining from stealing his goods etc. No not really, that is just the basics of what God wants us to be like in the New Covenant. And really there are no passages in the New Testament that tell us to keep the Sabbath, so you should stop speaking as if there are. The Law is based on love for God and for neighbour, but the Law of Moses was specifically for Israel, the Jews. The greatest commandments were not even in the 10 commandments. Our love is expressed by not showing partiality, by feeding the hungry, by visiting the sick and those in prison, by forgiving, by being patient and kind etc.
Yes we have to be born again to walk in Gods Spirit (John 3:3-7) and walking in Gods Spirit leads us to obey Gods Word from the inside out (Matthew 5:17-28). This is what Gods new covenant means by having Gods law now written on our hearts through love (see Jeremiah 31:31-34). Loving God however and our neighbor as our self is not separate from obeying Gods law. This is why Jesus say when quoting the two great commandments of love to God and man hang all the law and the prophets in Matthew 22:36-40 and why Paul says in Romans 13:8-10 that obeying Gods law from the inside out is simply summing up how Gods law is to be obeyed. My earlier post was not saying we should have the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees which is an outward appearance of obeying Gods law as this is the righteousness that Jesus tells us is not good enough to enter into Gods kingdom in Matthew 5:19-20. Gods salvation in the new covenant is higher and from the inside out leading us to obey Gods law from the heart which is Gods new covenant promise in Jeremiah 31:31-34 repeated in Hebrews 8:10-12. So my POV is new covenant application only here which means love leads is to obey Gods law from the inside out. Obviously this also includes Gods Sabbath commandments which is one of Gods 10 commandments which is our duty of love to God which is the first and greatest commandment.
How is allowing ourselves to rest and our neighbour to rest in opposition to the scriptures?
I am not sure if I understand your question here Brian do you want to rephrase it? If you are asking what day is the Sabbath day and why cant we rest any day of the week it is because Gods 4th commandment of the 10 commandments is specific and says in Exodus 20:10 that the seventh day of the week is the Sabbath of the Lord your God and in it we should do no work because in 6 days God created all things and rested on the seventh day of the week (pointing back to Genesis 2:1-3).
You are sneaking in "Keep the Sabbath day" as a requirement under the New Covenant when no partial list of commands in the NT include the Sabbath.
Everyone of Gods 10 commandments are reiterated all through the old and new testament scriptures as the standard of Chrisitan living including Gods 4th commandment. There is too many scriptures here to post. If you would like me to post them I am happy to in my next post just let me know. So no Brian I am not sneaking anything in here. Gods 10 commandments are Gods standard of good and evil and sin and righ doing when obeyed or disobeyed and it also includes Gods Sabbath commandment which is one of Gods 10 commandments in both the old and new covenant scriptures.
Gentiles show that they have the law written in their heart. They may not know of the Sabbath but can still do what God requires. Those in the New Covenant also do not know of having to keep the Sabbath, at least not as a way to fulfil the Law. Romans 2:14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15So they show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them 16on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Christ Jesus, as proclaimed by my gospel.
What God requires of His people is revealed to us through His Word. According to the scriptures Gods salvation is conditional on us believing and obeying what Gods Word says. This is what the scriptures mean when they say "We are saved by Gods grace that we receive through faith" in Ephesians 2:8-9. In Romans 10:17 it tells us that this saving faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God" Therefore genuine saving faith believes and obeyed what Gods Word says (see John 3:36 and Matthew 7:21-23). Anything less according to James in James 2:15-26 is the dead faith of devils and if we hold this kind of faith like the devils who believe but do not obey we will be lost. So once again Romans 2:14 is not telling us we can break Gods law or is it telling is that we have Gods law written on the heart by breaking Gods law. It is saying that Gods law must be obeyed from the inside out from the heart by faith that works by love which is what we were talking about earlier this is also demonstrated in the scripture contexts of Romans 2:12-13 that says 12, For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;13, For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified."
You quote the Law of Moses as if it is a requirement for Christians. If you want to show your love for God by keeping the Sabbath and not working, then you should do that otherwise you are not acting in faith and it is sin.
Actually I quoted Gods law not the law of Moses quoting Gods 4th commandment which is one of Gods 10 commandments that are the standard of Christian living in both the old and new covenant scriptures. See Exodus 20:8-11 [8], Remember the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day) [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD THY GOD: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT. This commandment is one of Gods 10 commandments spoken and written on two tables of stone by God alone, that show us our duty of love to God. Breaking it just like breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments accordinfg to the scriptures is sin in the new covenant scriptures (James 2:10-11 comp. 1 John 3:4)
Acts 15:5 But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses.”
It does not say that the Gentiles should be circumcised according to the Law of Moses,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it says that the Gentiles should be told to be circumcised AND to order them to keep the law of Moses.And no, the Sabbath is not in the NT as a requirement for Christians, just as Sunday also is not there as a requirement for Christians.
The context of Acts 15 can be seen in Acts 15:1-2 for all to see. Acts 15:1-2 "1, And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brothers, and said, Except you be circumcised after the manner of Moses, you cannot be saved. 2, When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and elders about this question. So Act 15 was never over the question "Is CIRCUMCISION" from the law of Moses a requirement for the salvation of new gentile believers. The question was never over the question are Gods 10 commandments still the standard of good and evil and Christian living. That interpretation of the scriptures disagrees with the rest of the bible and has Paul in contradiction to Paul when he later says after the decision at Jerusalem to the Corinthian gentile believers in 1 Corinthians 7:19 19, Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Take Care.

metis

Really where does it say that?
To put it simply: Jews are under the Mosaic Law until they die but Gentiles aren't.

Deuteronomy 4:(2): "your G-d…shall not add to what I have commanded you or subtract."

Dt. 13(1): "You shall be careful to observe, neither adding to it or subtracting."

Dt. 13(5): "His commandment you shall observe, holding fast to Him alone."

Dt. 29(28): "Concerns us and our descendents forever, that we may carry out all the words of this Law."

Joshua 1(5): "I will not leave or forsake you…(7) observe the entire Law … do not swerve from it."

Psalms 19(8): "The Law of the Lord is perfect… (10) the ordinances of the Lord are true; all of them are just."

Ps. 119(160): "permanence is Your words chief trait, each of Your just ordinances is everlasting."

Isaiah 42(21): "pleased the Lord in His justice to make His Law great and glorious."

Is. 66(17): "they who eat swine’s flesh … shall all perish."

Baruch 4(1): "the Law endures forever."

3rdAngel

To put it simply: Jews are under the Mosaic Law until they die but Gentiles aren't.

Deuteronomy 4:(2): "your G-d…shall not add to what I have commanded you or subtract."

Dt. 13(1): "You shall be careful to observe, neither adding to it or subtracting."

Dt. 13(5): "His commandment you shall observe, holding fast to Him alone."

Dt. 29(28): "Concerns us and our descendents forever, that we may carry out all the words of this Law."

Joshua 1(5): "I will not leave or forsake you…(7) observe the entire Law … do not swerve from it."

Psalms 19(8): "The Law of the Lord is perfect… (10) the ordinances of the Lord are true; all of them are just."

Ps. 119(160): "permanence is Your words chief trait, each of Your just ordinances is everlasting."

Isaiah 42(21): "pleased the Lord in His justice to make His Law great and glorious."

Is. 66(17): "they who eat swine’s flesh … shall all perish."

Baruch 4(1): "the Law endures forever."
So the Jews according to you have to continue in Animal sacrifices and sin offerings and not accept Christ? Please think what you are saying through before posting what you are saying here is not biblical and the scriptures you posted do not support what you are saying.

metis

So the Jews according to you have to continue in Animal sacrifices and sin offerings and not accept Christ? Please think what you are saying through before posting what you are saying here is not biblical and the scriptures you posted do not support what you are saying.
The Temple doesn't exist, and you simply do not understand both Jewish Law as being binding on a Jew and also the difference that existed between Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians. Let me recommend you do some studying on these matters.

3rdAngel

The Temple doesn't exist, and you simply do not understand both Jewish Law as being binding on a Jew and also the difference that existed between Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians. Let me recommend you do some studying on these matters.
It is clear you do not understand the scriptures and are not making stuff up.

3rdAngel

The temple existed after the death of Jesus up until 70AD. So your post is not relevant, not truthful and does not support your teachings or interpretation of them. It seems you have not done enough study on this matter.

Last edited: