• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
No need. The scriptures shared with you have only been provided as a help to you for correction and instruction in righteousness and shared with you in love to prove that your teachings of lawlessness are leading you away from God and His Word into walking a path of sin and unbelief which is against God and His Word. They were only sent in love and as a help to you so you can find your way back to God which is my duty of love to both you and God.

What you choose to believe is between you and God. Our responses and opinions do not mean much in Gods eyes if our responses are not in agreement with Gods Word and lead us into paths of sin and unbelief. Rejecting the scriptures that are Gods Word that are in disagreement with you should give you cause for concern because it is the scriptures alone that help us to know if we are following God or not following God.

According to the scriptures no one lives by Gods grace that we receive through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9) if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says. As already shared with you from the scriptures, We receive Gods grace through faith and this faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 10:17). So to claim you are living by grace and not believing and obeying what Gods Word says only demonstrates you are not living by grace as shown in John 3:36; Matthew 7:21-23; 1 John 2:3 and Hebrews 10:26-31. Of course we are not saved by the works of the law but no one has ever made this claim in this OP. However, according to the scriptures faith in Gods Word is not separate from believing and obeying what Gods Word says. So to claim you have faith or believe Gods Word but do not do what Gods Word says according to James is simply the dead faith of devils and is not saving faith according to James 2:13-26. Obedience to Gods Word therefore is the fruit of someone that has genuine faith in Gods Word and is what Jesus is also talking about in Matthew 7:21-23.

Take Care.
wow...

3rdAngel

You just keep telling yourself that.
For me, it is the scriptures that are Gods Word not my words telling me what to believe, do and say so it is the Words of God you do not believe that tells me what to believe and what not to believe. As posted earlier, you quoting you trying to argue against the scriptures only proves you do not believe in Gods Word so you do not care what Gods Word says even if it does not agree with anything you say. Lets be honest, you have not provided anything in this thread accept your words that are in disagreement with Gods Word who you do not believe. Likewise dear friend, I do not write for you because you do not believe Gods Word, but for all those who choose to believe the scriptures you do not believe. So we will agree to disagree and I will leave it between you and God to work through.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

I've been telling him that for a LOOOOOOOOONG time. :)
And why would you and your friends words matter to me dear friend when your friend does not believe the scriptures and accepts Jesus as Gods promised Messiah and Savior of the world and you do not believe and obey what Gods Word says? For me as posted earlier only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow them according to Romans 3:4 and Acts 5:29. Lets be honest. You guys do neither and if this is the case 1 John 2:3-4; John 3:26 and Hebrews 10:26-31 are worth reading and should be a wake up call for you.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
And why would you and your friends words matter to me dear friend when your friend does not believe the scriptures and accepts Jesus as Gods promised Messiah and Savior of the world and you do not believe and obey what Gods Word says? For me as posted earlier only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow them according to Romans 3:4 and Acts 5:29. Lets be honest. You guys do neither and if this is the case 1 John 2:3-4; John 3:26 and Hebrews 10:26-31 are worth reading and should be a wake up call for you.
We are back to Romans. 14 :)

3rdAngel

We are back to Romans. 14 :)
Nope that was buried along time ago now. There is nothing in Romans 14 talking about the Sabbath. Remember we looked at all the context you disregarded and saw that Romans 14 is not talking anywhere about the Sabbath. Romans 14 is talking about eating and not eating on days that men esteem over other day and judging others on this. Lets not try and make excuses for sin. If you disagree please prove that Romans 14 is talking about the Sabbath. If you cannot you really have no excuses for your sins now do you. Why not instead receive Gods correction and be blessed. Ignoring Gods Word according to the scriptures only sees those doing so losing their salvation.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In that passage Jesus says some traditions of the Pharisees were in breach of God's commandments (the Decalogue), that's all. The Old Testament, which is scripture, is full of the practices and rules that Jesus and his disciples did not follow. So they did not follow scripture.
Interesting that you say, " did not follow" but gave No example about what you have in mind.
Besides the Decalogue there is a number 11 up to over 600. They are all part of the Mosaic Law covenant or contract with Israel.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Nope that was buried along time ago now. There is nothing in Romans 14 talking about the Sabbath. Remember we looked at all the context you disregarded and saw that Romans 14 is not talking anywhere about the Sabbath. Romans 14 is talking about eating and not eating on days that men esteem over other day and judging others on this. Lets not try and make excuses for sin. If you disagree please prove that Romans 14 is talking about the Sabbath. If you cannot you really have no excuses for your sins now do you. Why not instead receive Gods correction and be blessed. Ignoring Gods Word according to the scriptures only sees those doing so losing their salvation.
Yes, agree. I find the Law ended with Christ according to Ephesians 2:15
This was already brought out at Acts 11:9
There was concern about a pagan connection according to 1st. Corinthians chapter 8. Nothing about any Sabbath keeping.
So, to me what Kenny posted # 3,008 about Romans 14 does Not apply to Sabbath keeping.

AdamjEdgar

No, that would be incorrect. Countless scriptures, explanations supported by scriptures and questions you never really answered.

The correct statement would be:

''150 pages, 2983 posts to date, and I have not accepted a single scripture and explanation that would change my mind."" as stipulated by Romans 14.

But feel free to pat yourself on the back. :)
Would that be the same Romans 14 that also says the following?
19So then, let us pursue what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to let his eating be a stumbling block. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything to cause your brother to stumble.d

I think you are plucking at straws claiming Romans 14 allows us to ignore the Law of Love the predates sinai by thousands of years the same one Lucifer disobeyed in heaven and was cast out for breaking.

Kenny

Premium Member
Would that be the same Romans 14 that also says the following?
19So then, let us pursue what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to let his eating be a stumbling block. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything to cause your brother to stumble.d

I think you are plucking at straws claiming Romans 14 allows us to ignore the Law of Love the predates sinai by thousands of years the same one Lucifer disobeyed in heaven and was cast out for breaking.
Of course, the question is “Who is violating the law of love”. ;)

AdamjEdgar

Anyone engaging in disobedience. And here's the thing, if we are still sinful and engage in disobedience, to what standard are we judged by? Isn't it God's law of love...the 10 commandments? Why only keep 9 and leave out the very one that specifically says "remember you were created"... "remember to keep a special day of worship with your creator"..."remember the Seventh day I set aside for communion with Me (God)..."Remember I sanctified the seventh day"

Here's an interesting question Sunday worshippers should ponder...

Given that quite a number of sunday worshipping churches are NOT trinitarian, how can they claim Christ, who they do not believe is God, may change the Sabbath?

Isn't worshipping the resurrection of an individual on sunday, a individual who is nothing more than a man, antibiblical given God tells us the Sabbath was a day of worship of our Creator?

How do non trinitarians explain this dilemma?

Wouldn't you agree that this is very problematic for the entire doctrine of Sunday worship

Last edited:

3rdAngel

According to the scriptures Kenny, your question is very clearly answered in the scriptures. Love is not separate from obedience to Gods law. Obeying Gods law from the heart is how Gods love is demonstrated according to Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40; Paul in Romans 13:8-10; James in James 2:8-13, and John in 1 John 5:2-4. This is what Gods new covenant promise is as stated in Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27. If you knew Gods Word you would know this. Gods Word does not agree with your teachings of lawlessness. Please read the scriptures with this post Kenny. Receive Gods Word and be blessed.

Kenny

Premium Member
. Gods Word does not agree with your teachings of lawlessness. Please read the scriptures with this post Kenny. Receive Gods Word and be blessed.
LOL - I don’t teach lawlessness…

Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

I am blessed - thank you!

3rdAngel

LOL - I don’t teach lawlessness…

Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

I am blessed - thank you!
Actually Kenny you do if you think Gods 10 commandments are abolished. That is a teaching of lawlessness (without law) which is sin and a doctrine of devils.

Kenny

Premium Member
Actually Kenny you do if you think Gods 10 commandments are abolished. That is a teaching of lawlessness (without law) which is sin and a doctrine of devils.
If I speak with the eloquence of men and of angels, but have no love, I become no more than blaring brass or crashing cymbal. If I have the gift of foretelling the future and hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but the very secrets of God, and if I also have that absolute faith which can move mountains, but have no love, I amount to nothing at all. If I dispose of all that I possess, yes, even if I give my own body to be burned, but have no love, I achieve precisely nothing. 4 This love of which I speak is slow to lose patience—it looks for a way of being constructive. It is not possessive: it is neither anxious to impress nor does it cherish inflated ideas of its own importance. 5-6 Love has good manners and does not pursue selfish advantage. It is not touchy. It does not keep account of evil or gloat over the wickedness of other people. On the contrary, it is glad with all good men when truth prevails. 7-8a Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. It is, in fact, the one thing that still stands when all else has fallen.

EXB
because the law can only bring God’s ·anger [wrath]. But if there is no law, there is ·nothing to disobey [no transgression/violation; C the law points out sin (5:13), but it cannot save from sin].

The law isn’t abolished… I’m just dead to it and alive to love

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

3rdAngel

If I speak with the eloquence of men and of angels, but have no love, I become no more than blaring brass or crashing cymbal. If I have the gift of foretelling the future and hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but the very secrets of God, and if I also have that absolute faith which can move mountains, but have no love, I amount to nothing at all. If I dispose of all that I possess, yes, even if I give my own body to be burned, but have no love, I achieve precisely nothing. 4 This love of which I speak is slow to lose patience—it looks for a way of being constructive. It is not possessive: it is neither anxious to impress nor does it cherish inflated ideas of its own importance. 5-6 Love has good manners and does not pursue selfish advantage. It is not touchy. It does not keep account of evil or gloat over the wickedness of other people. On the contrary, it is glad with all good men when truth prevails. 7-8a Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. It is, in fact, the one thing that still stands when all else has fallen.
According to the scriptures love is not separate from obedience to God's law which shows us how to love God and man from the heart (see Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; 1 John 5:2-4; John 14:15 and John 15:10. This is why Jesus also says that on these two great commandments of love to God and love to man hang all the law and the prophets. (Matthew 22:36-40). James says if we break anyone of Gods 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of breaking all of Gods law in James 2:10-11. So no one can claim to love God or their fellow man if they do not obey Gods law and live in sin which is defined in 1 John 3:4 as breaking Gods law.
EXB because the law can only bring God’s ·anger [wrath]. But if there is no law, there is ·nothing to disobey [no transgression/violation; C the law points out sin (5:13), but it cannot save from sin]. The law isn’t abolished… I’m just dead to it and alive to love 4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
According to the scriptures we are all saved by Gods grace that we receive through faith in Gods Word and their is nothing that we can to do earn Gods free gift of salvation because we have all sinned and broken Gods law and stand guilty before God of sin and death (see Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3:9; 19; 23 and Romans 6:23. If you mean you are dead to the law by not obeying Gods law then you are still in your sins and stand guilty before God of sin and death and need to repent and confess your sins in order to receive Gods forgiveness of your sins (see Proverbs 28:13; 1 John 2:1 and 1 John 1:9; John 3:36). As shown from the scriptures above love is not separate from obeying what Gods law says from the heart. No one loves God or their fellow man of they break Gods commandments they are living their life in sin which is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4) and if they continue in known unrepentant sin they will be a part of that group Jesus says "depart from me you who work iniquity, I never knew you" see Hebrews 10:26-31 and Matthew 7:21-23.

Take Care.

3rdAngel

SUMMARY TO DATE

So 151 pages and 3020 posts to date and not a single scripture that proves Sunday or the first day of the week is "the Lords day" of Revelation 1:10. Where as proven in the OP Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath day (Matthew 12:8). Matthew 15:3-9 is a warning from Jesus saying that if we follow man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from Gods Word to breaking the commandments of God then we are not worshiping God. This is applicable to this OP because Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word into breaking Gods' seventh day Sabbath commandment in Exodus 20:8-11. This is what makes these scriptures directly relevant to this discussion. Jesus says in these scriptures if we follow man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from God and His Word into breaking the commandments of God we are not worshiping God. Begs the question who are we worshiping God or man? This will be the test that will come to everyone of us.