• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

Ebionite

If you study the year of Jubilee you will put the pieces together of the rest that Jesus brings.
It's not my job to make your argument for you, but I'm going to show you some context anyway.

And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.
Ezekiel 1:14

Then said I, O my lord, what [are] these? And the angel that talked with me said unto me, I will shew thee what these [be].
And the man that stood among the myrtle trees answered and said, These [are they] whom YHWH hath sent to walk to and fro through the earth.
And they answered the angel of the LORD that stood among the myrtle trees, and said, We have walked to and fro through the earth, and, behold, all the earth sitteth still, and is at rest.
Then the angel of YHWH answered and said, YHWH of hosts, how long wilt thou not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which thou hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?
And YHWH answered the angel that talked with me [with] good words [and] comfortable words.
So the angel that communed with me said unto me, Cry thou, saying, Thus saith YHWH of armies; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.
And I am very sore displeased with the heathen [that are] at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.
Therefore thus saith YHWH; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith YHWH of armies, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem.
Zechariah 1:9-16

And the first beast [was] like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast [was] like a flying eagle.
Revelation 4:7

As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
Ezekiel 1:10

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Revelation 5:6

For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone [shall be] seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith YHWH of armies, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
Zechariah 3:9

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
It's not my job to make your argument for you, but I'm going to show you some context anyway.
Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you Leviticus 25, Luke 4:19

Ebionite

Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you Leviticus 25, Luke 4:19
Getting back to the point, the fulfilment of the law in the context of the crucifixion leads to chapters from Psalms which condemn Paul and associate the crucified man with Judas, rather than with the righteous servant.

For example:
They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, [being] mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored [that] which I took not away.
Psalms 69:4

Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
Matthew 27:3

Kenny

Premium Member
reGetting back to the point, the fulfilment of the law in the context of the crucifixion leads to chapters from Psalms which condemn Paul and associate the crucified man with Judas, rather than with the righteous servant.

For example:
They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, [being] mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored [that] which I took not away.
Psalms 69:4

Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
Matthew 27:3
No... never heard of that position. Who told you that?

3rdAngel

Again...yes, God rested that day. Do you think he takes a day off for rest once a week?
According to the scriptures in Genesis 2:1-3 God rested on the seventh day of the week and made the seventh day a holy day of rest from work and one of Gods 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken. (see Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Exodus 20:8-11). The Sabbath was made for man to spend with God (Mark 2:27). Why ask silly questions. "Do you think God needs a day off?" Why would you think God needs a rest day once a week? You were already posted in the post you were responding to that God made the Sabbath for mankind. God made the Sabbath as a memorial of creation and to spend time with our creator. Sabbath keeping is a part of our duty of love to God.

3rdAngel

3:1 – Jesus is our eternal High Priest – Changing the Mosaic Law because it is a new priesthood
:2 – Comparing Jesus superior over Moses.
:4 – God maker over the universe
:5-6 Jesus not only over God’s House but in God’s House “

Followed by “The rest for the people of God” vs “The Mosaic law” So we have a comparison between the failure of the Law and the works of the Law (no rest) to that which is of faith, not by works (eternal rest) unless you want to go back to the Law (Gal 3:1)

Past – 3:7-19 – the error of the people under the Law. The failure of the Law through lack of obedience........ (cut the nonsense)
Your post is confusing Kenny, your picking, choosing scripture, leaving out context and twisting scripture in this post all for seeking to justify sin and unbelief in Gods Word which is exactly what Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 is warning us against doing. The full context of Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 proves this Kenny here and here linked. As shown in the posts you ignored Kenny, Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 is a warning that says no one enters into Gods seventh day Sabbath rest or eternal rest (that is they are not saved) if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says.

KEY POINTS TO NOTE FROM THE SCRIPTURES IN HEBREWS 3 WORD FOR WORD WITH FULL CONTEXT
  • Hebrews 3:8 A warning not to harden our hearts to God's Word
  • Hebrews 3:9-10 Those in the wilderness tempted God 40 years and did not obey him or his ways
  • Hebrews 3:11 God swore they would not enter into "His Rest" (Genesis 2:1-3; see Ezekiel 20:10-13)
  • Hebrews 3:12 Another warning not to harden our hearts in unbelief departing from God
  • Hebrews 3:13 Encourage one and other lest we harden our hearts in sin (breaking Gods' law 1 John 3:4)
  • Hebrews 3:14 We are only partakers of Christ "IF" we hold the the faith steadfast to the end
  • Hebrews 3:15-17 More warnings not to harden our hearts as those who sinned died in the wilderness
  • Hebrews 3:18-19 God did not let them enter into "His rest" because they were in unbelief
Note: Hebrews 3 and it's link to Ezekiel 20:10-13 how God's people were breaking "His Sabbath" and God poured out his judgements on them...
  • EZEKIEL 20:10-13 [10], Why I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt and BROUGHT THEM INTO THE WILDERNESS. [11], and I GAVE THEM MY STATUTES, AND SHOWED THEM MY JUDGMENTS, WHICH IF A MAN DO, HE SHALL LIVE IN THEM. [12], MOREOVER ALSO I GAVE THEM MY SABBATHS, TO BE A SIGN BETWEEN ME AND THEM THAT THEY MAY KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD THAT SANCTIFY THEM. [13], BUT THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL REBELLED AGAINST ME IN THE WILDERNESS: THEY WALKED NOT IN MY STATUTES AND DESPISED MY JUDGMENTS WHICH IF A MAN DO THEY SHALL LIVE IN THEM AND MY SABBATHS THEY GREATLY POLLUTED: THEN I SAID I WOULD POUR OUT MY FURY ON THEM IN THE WILDERNESS, TO CONSUME THEM.
Note: Hebrews 3 and it's links to Psalms 95:2-11 and Ezekiel 20:10-13 which is also over worshiping God as the God of creation and the Sabbath commandment and not entering God's rest (the seventh day created from the foundation of the world)...
  • PSALMS 95:2-11
  • [2], Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise to him with psalms.
  • [3], For THE LORD IS A GREAT GOD, AND A GREAT KING ABOVE ALL GODS.
  • [4], In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.
  • [5], THE SEA IS HIS, AND HE MADE IT: AND HIS HANDS FORMED THE DRY LAND.
  • [6], O come, let us worship and bow down: let us KNEEL BEFORE THE LORD OUR MAKER.
  • [7], FOR HE IS OUR GOD; AND WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF HIS PASTURE, AND THE SHEEP OF HIS HAND. TODAY IF YOU WILL HEAR HIS VOICE,
  • [8], HARDEN NOT YOUR HEART, AS IN THE PROVOCATION, AND AS IN THE DAY OF TEMPTATION IN THE WILDERNESS:
  • [9], WHEN YOUR FATHERS TEMPTED ME, PROVED ME, AND SAW MY WORK.
  • [10], FORTY YEARS LONG WAS I GRIEVED WITH THIS GENERATION, AND SAID, IT IS A PEOPLE THAT DO ERR IN THEIR HEART, AND THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN MY WAYS:
  • [11], TO WHOM I SWORE IN MY WRATH THAT THEY SHOULD NOT ENTER INTO MY REST.
Note the link back to what Hebrews 3 is quoting....
  • Psalms 95:2-7 is worshiping the only true creator God of heaven and earth. Today if you hear His voice…. (“This is the another day” in Hebrews 4:7-8 spoken of by David ….. for if Joshua had given them rest – (promised land) David would not have spoken of “another day” saying “Today if you hear His voice harden not your hearts as in the provocation in the wilderness. Gods’ people were still hardening their hearts in sin and unbelief)
  • Psalms 95:8 "Harden not your hearts as in the provocation in the wilderness (see Hebrews 3:8)
  • Psalms 95:9 "When your fathers tempted me 40 years" (see Hebrews 3:9)
  • Psalms 95:10 40 years Gods' people did not know God's ways (Hebrews 3:10)
  • Psalms 95:11 Because God's people did not know God's ways they did not enter His rest (Hebrews 3:11)
SUMMARY: Hebrews 3 is has links to Ezekiel 20:10-12 and is directly quoting from Psalms 95 which is about worshiping the only true God and creator of heaven and earth. God's people did not know God's ways and broke His Sabbaths and God did not give them His rest. They could not enter into God's rest because of unbelief and sin and God poured out His judgements on them because they broke his Sabbaths and they died in the wilderness because of their unbelief and sins.

KEY POINTS FROM THE SCRIPTURES OF HEBREWS 4:1-5 WITH FULL CONTEXT PROVIDED
  • Hebrews 4:1 Some must enter into Gods seventh day Sabbath rest but those who did not believe did not enter into Gods' rest
  • Hebrews 4:2 Because unto us was the gospel preached as well us unto them but they did not believe
  • Hebrews 4:3 We who believe (present tense) enter into God's rest from the foundation of the world
  • Hebrews 4:4 Reference of Hebrews 4:3 is to the Gods' Sabbath rest of the "seventh day" (Genesis 2:1-3)
  • Hebrews 4:4-5 God's rest is the seventh day Sabbath of creation that we enter into by faith (Genesis 2:1-3)
NOTE: The context in Hebrews 4:1-5 is God's Rest from the seventh day Sabbath from the foundation of the world (v4-5) and those who enter Gods rest by and believing and following Gods Word [the gospel] who enter into God's Sabbath rest as God did on the seventh day of the week. The context here defining God’s rest/My rest/His rest is to God’s seventh day Sabbath rest created at the foundation of the world that those who believe or do not believe God's WORD do or do not enter into. The new testament writer of Hebrews is warning us that if we do not believe and follow God's Word (the gospel) and continue in sin and unbelief (Hebrews 3:10-13; 18-19) we will never enter into God's rest (His Rest/My Rest) which is defined as the "seventh day" Sabbath rest in Hebrews 4:1-5. There are two rests here. One is to the rest we enter into by believing and following Gods Word which is our rest and the rest we enter into by believing and following God’s Word to God’s rest which is the seventh day Sabbath. Hebrews 4:3-5 defines God's rest by saying [3], For we which have believed do enter into rest (our rest from or the gospel rest of believing and following God's Word), as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest (God's rest): although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. [4], For he spoke in a certain place of the "seventh day" on this wise, And God did rest the "seventh day" from all his works.
  • [5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest ("seventh day").
  • [6], SEEING THEREFORE IT REMAINS THAT SOME MUST ENTER THEREIN, AND THEY TO WHOM IT WAS FIRST PREACHED ENTERED NOT IN BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF:
  • [7], AGAIN, HE LIMITS A CERTAIN DAY, SAYING IN DAVID, TO DAY, AFTER SO LONG A TIME; AS IT IS SAID, TODAY IF YOU WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, HARDEN NOT YOUR HEARTS.
  • [8], FOR IF JOSHUA HAD GIVEN THEM REST, THEN WOULD HE NOT AFTERWARD HAVE SPOKEN OF ANOTHER DAY.
Verse 8 is a reference back to what David is saying in reference to “another day

NOTE: the link back to what Hebrews 3-4 is quoting....
  • Psalms 95:2-11 is worshiping the only true creator God of heaven and earth. To day if you hear His voice…. (“This is the another day” in Hebrews 4:7-8 spoken of by David ….. for if Joshua had given them rest – (promised land) David would not have spoken of “another day” saying “To day if you hear His voice harden not your hearts as in the provocation in the wilderness. Gods’ people were still hardening their hearts in sin and unbelief)
  • Psalms 95:8 "Harden not your hearts as in the provocation in the wilderness (see Hebrews 3:8)
  • Psalms 95:11 Because God's people did not know God's ways they did not enter His rest (Hebrews 3:11)
  • [9] SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.
  • [10], For he that is entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
  • [11], Let us labor therefore to enter that rest, [God’s REST the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH] lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief [rejecting God’s WORD and sin; Hebrews 3].
KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 4:9

Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: “SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

According to the Greek and scripture contexts of Hebrews 3:7-19 and Hebrews 4:1-9, Hebrews 4:9 is in regards to God’s seventh day Sabbath of the 4th commandment which in the context of Hebrews 4:1-5 which defines God’s rest/My rest/His rest (Hebrews 3:11; 18-19; Hebrews 4:1; 3; 5; 10) as the “seventh day” from the foundation of the world *Hebrews 4:3-4.

Kenny, not trying to be mean here but as a brother you need to know that what you are claiming the scriptures teach is not biblical. Gods Word no where teaches and promotes lawlessness. Happy to discuss anything else from your post if you are interested. The shadow laws of Hebrews is not Gods 10 commandments. They are Gods laws of atonement for sin offerings of the old covenant. Happy to demonstrate this for you if you are interested. As shown in the posts you ignored Kenny, Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 is a warning that says no one enters into Gods seventh day Sabbath rest or eternal rest (that is they are not saved) if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Or, maybe you don't understand? Jesus fulfilled the law. In Matthew 5:17, Jesus says, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”
Gods Word does not teach lawlessness Kenny. Jesus did not fulfill and obey Gods law so that we no longer as Christian do not need to. Jesus fulfilled the law to fulfill all righteousness and right doing in order to be our perfect sinless sacrifice for our sins and to be our example that we should follow after Him. Here you part quote the scriptures and seek to twist scripture again trying to teach false teachings of lawlessness that the bible never teaches anywhere. Let me demonstrate the truth of what I am saying by adding back in the scripture context you left out again and highlight key scriptures again if it might be helpful for you.

MATTHEW 5:17-28
  • 17, THINK NOT THAT I AM COME TO ABOLISH THE LAW, OR THE PROPHETS: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
  • 18, For truly I say to you, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS, NOT ONE DOT OR TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.
  • 19, WHOEVER THEREFORE SHALL BREAK ONE OF THESE LEAST COMMANDMENTS, AND SHALL TEACH MEN SO, HE SHALL BE CALLED THE LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN: BUT WHOEVER SHALL DO AND TEACH THEM, THE SAME SHALL BE CALLED GREAT IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.
  • 20, FOR I SAY TO YOU, THAT EXCEPT YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS SHALL EXCEED THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES, YOU SHALL IN NO CASE ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.
  • 21, You have heard that it was said of them of old time, You shall not kill; and whoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
  • 22, BUT I SAY TO YOU, THAT WHOEVER IS ANGRY WITH HIS BROTHER WITHOUT A CAUSE SHALL BE IN DANGER OF THE JUDGMENT: and whoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
  • 23, Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has ought against you;
  • 24, Leave there your gift before the altar, and go your way; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
  • 25, Agree with your adversary quickly, whiles you are in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver you to the judge, and the judge deliver you to the officer, and you be cast into prison.
  • 26, Truly I say to you, You shall by no means come out there, till you have paid the uttermost farthing.
  • 27, YOU HAVE HEARD THAT IT WAS SAID BY THEM OF OLD TIME, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY:
  • 28, BUT I SAY TO YOU, THAT WHOEVER LOOKS ON A WOMAN TO LUST AFTER HER HAS COMMITTED ADULTERY WITH HER ALREADY IN HIS HEART.
Now Kenny, seriously? How you get Jesus fulfilled the law so we no longer have to is beyond me. Not from the scriptures above...

KEY SCRIPTURES WITH CONTEXT PROVIDED BACK
  • Matthew 5:17 Jesus says do not think I have come to abolish the law. That is not to even let this enter your thoughts but your trying to tell us Jesus has abolished the law? You can see the very first sentence you ignored is telling you not to do what your doing
  • Matthew 5:18 Then Jesus says Heaven and earth will pass away before Gods law passes away. This is the very next verse you disregarded
  • Matthew 5:19 Jesus then says who ever teaches Gods law to others will be called great in the kingdom of heaven and whoever teaches others to disobey Gods law will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. Those who are called least in Gods kingdom are the ones no going there
  • Matthew 5:20 Jesus is actually magnifying the law not abolishing the law Kenny. In the next verse Jesus says unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees you shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven
  • Matthew 5:28 Then we have Jesus magnifying the law using adultery from the 10 commandments and saying that even if we look on a woman to lust after her we have already committed adultery already with her in our hearts .
NOTE: Jesus is not abolishing Gods law Kenny like you are claiming as can be shown when adding all the context back you have left out of your teachings of lawlessness. Jesus is magnifying the law saying that the laws righteous requirements start in the heart in our very thoughts and feelings. This is actually a fulfillment of the scriptures from Isaiah.
  • Isaiah 42:21 “The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will MAGNIFY THE LAW, and make it honorable.”
For Christians... Galatians 5:14For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
According to the scriptures as shown in the previous section, Jesus came to magnify the law from the inside out (thoughts and feelings; the mind or heart) quoting Matthew 5:17-32 in fulfillment of *Isaiah 42:21. This is to show that unless our righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the kingdom of heaven *Matthew 5:20. Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. Evil begins in the heart *Genesis 6:5 which was the reason mankind was destroyed the first time in the flood *Genesis 6:7-13. Breaking God's 10 commandments from the heart Jesus says is what defile a man *Matthew15:18-19. Jesus is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *Matthew 23:27-28. So who can be saved?

Jesus knows us that naturally we do not have the love of God in us *John 5:42. This is why we need to be born again in the Spirit by faith to love God and keep his commandments *1 John 3:6-9. Jesus magnified the law to the inside out to show us that we are all sinners *Romans 3:9-10 in need of a Savior but many do not know the meaning of these scriptures *Matthew 9:12-13. This is the new covenant promise of God’s salvation in those who believe his Word and why we need to be born again through faith *1 John 5:3-4 to be free from sin (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *Hebrews 8:10-12; 1 John 3:3-10; John 8:32-36; James 2:10-11; 1 John 2:3-4. If we are not born again into God’s new covenant promise and continue in it we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 2:3-4; Matthew 24:13.

Righteousness comes from love because love is the fulfilling of God's law and the very expression of what love is *Romans 13:8-10. He that does not love does not know God for God is love * 1 JOHN 4:8. All those who are born again have a new heart to love and follow God *1 John 4:7. This is the new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12. Those who are born again do not practice sin (breaking God's Commandments) *1 John 3:4-9. This is why John finishes on this subject by saying; For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous *1 John 5:3 and is why Jesus says If you love me keep my commandments *Jofn 14:15. UNLESS we are BORN AGAIN *John 3:3-7 in to walk in the Spirit *Romans 8:4; Galatians 5:16 under Gods new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12 to love we will not enter God’s Kingdom *John 3:3-7. We need to be changed from the inside out which is what Jesus is talking about in Matthew 5.

All those who knowingly break any one of God's 10 commandments stand guilty before God of sin *James 2:10-11; Romans 3:19-20. All those who knowingly continue in unrepentant sin when they have been given a knowledge of the truth of Gods’ Word and reject it according to the scriptures will not enter into God's kingdom because they reject the gift of God’s dear son and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing doing despite to the Spirit of God’s grace *Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; Hebrews 10:26-27; Romans 6:23. God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4. There is no such thing as the 9 commandments or the 613 in God's WORD. The same as there is no scripture that says God's 4th commandment is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

Love establishes God's law in those who believe and follow God's Word (Romans 8:1-4). Obedience to God's law is not how we are saved it is simply the fruit of love because salvation has already been provided through faith *Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:15; John 15:10-12; John 14:21; Matthew 22:26-40. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *Matthew 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. You cannot separate faith and works according to the scriptures just the same as you cannot separate love and law as obedience is the fruit of faith in God's Word which is how love to God and man is expressed. This is the new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12; from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27; Romans 13:8-10 and is why Jesus says "If you love me keep my commandments. and on these two great commandments of love to God and man hang all the law and the prophets. Gods Word does not teach lawlessness Kenny. That is the very definition of what sin is in 1 John 3:4 and those who continue in known unrepentant sin do not know God according to the scriptures. (see 1 John 2:3-4 and 1 John 3:6-10).

Take Care.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Your post is confusing Kenny, your picking, choosing scripture, leaving out context and twisting scripture in this post all for seeking to justify sin and unbelief in Gods Word which is exactly what Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 is warning us against doing. The full context of Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 proves this Kenny here and here linked. As shown in the posts you ignored Kenny, Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 is a warning that says no one enters into Gods seventh day Sabbath rest or eternal rest (that is they are not saved) if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says.

KEY POINTS TO NOTE FROM THE SCRIPTURES IN HEBREWS 3 WORD FOR WORD WITH FULL CONTEXT
  • Hebrews 3:8 A warning not to harden our hearts to God's Word
  • Hebrews 3:9-10 Those in the wilderness tempted God 40 years and did not obey him or his ways
  • Hebrews 3:11 God swore they would not enter into "His Rest" (Genesis 2:1-3; see Ezekiel 20:10-13)
  • Hebrews 3:12 Another warning not to harden our hearts in unbelief departing from God
  • Hebrews 3:13 Encourage one and other lest we harden our hearts in sin (breaking Gods' law 1 John 3:4)
  • Hebrews 3:14 We are only partakers of Christ "IF" we hold the the faith steadfast to the end
  • Hebrews 3:15-17 More warnings not to harden our hearts as those who sinned died in the wilderness
  • Hebrews 3:18-19 God did not let them enter into "His rest" because they were in unbelief
Note: Hebrews 3 and it's link to Ezekiel 20:10-13 how God's people were breaking "His Sabbath" and God poured out his judgements on them...
  • EZEKIEL 20:10-13 [10], Why I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt and BROUGHT THEM INTO THE WILDERNESS. [11], and I GAVE THEM MY STATUTES, AND SHOWED THEM MY JUDGMENTS, WHICH IF A MAN DO, HE SHALL LIVE IN THEM. [12], MOREOVER ALSO I GAVE THEM MY SABBATHS, TO BE A SIGN BETWEEN ME AND THEM THAT THEY MAY KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD THAT SANCTIFY THEM. [13], BUT THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL REBELLED AGAINST ME IN THE WILDERNESS: THEY WALKED NOT IN MY STATUTES AND DESPISED MY JUDGMENTS WHICH IF A MAN DO THEY SHALL LIVE IN THEM AND MY SABBATHS THEY GREATLY POLLUTED: THEN I SAID I WOULD POUR OUT MY FURY ON THEM IN THE WILDERNESS, TO CONSUME THEM.
Note: Hebrews 3 and it's links to Psalms 95:2-11 and Ezekiel 20:10-13 which is also over worshiping God as the God of creation and the Sabbath commandment and not entering God's rest (the seventh day created from the foundation of the world)...
  • PSALMS 95:2-11
  • [2], Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise to him with psalms.
  • [3], For THE LORD IS A GREAT GOD, AND A GREAT KING ABOVE ALL GODS.
  • [4], In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.
  • [5], THE SEA IS HIS, AND HE MADE IT: AND HIS HANDS FORMED THE DRY LAND.
  • [6], O come, let us worship and bow down: let us KNEEL BEFORE THE LORD OUR MAKER.
  • [7], FOR HE IS OUR GOD; AND WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF HIS PASTURE, AND THE SHEEP OF HIS HAND. TODAY IF YOU WILL HEAR HIS VOICE,
  • [8], HARDEN NOT YOUR HEART, AS IN THE PROVOCATION, AND AS IN THE DAY OF TEMPTATION IN THE WILDERNESS:
  • [9], WHEN YOUR FATHERS TEMPTED ME, PROVED ME, AND SAW MY WORK.
  • [10], FORTY YEARS LONG WAS I GRIEVED WITH THIS GENERATION, AND SAID, IT IS A PEOPLE THAT DO ERR IN THEIR HEART, AND THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN MY WAYS:
  • [11], TO WHOM I SWORE IN MY WRATH THAT THEY SHOULD NOT ENTER INTO MY REST.
Note the link back to what Hebrews 3 is quoting....
  • Psalms 95:2-7 is worshiping the only true creator God of heaven and earth. Today if you hear His voice…. (“This is the another day” in Hebrews 4:7-8 spoken of by David ….. for if Joshua had given them rest – (promised land) David would not have spoken of “another day” saying “Today if you hear His voice harden not your hearts as in the provocation in the wilderness. Gods’ people were still hardening their hearts in sin and unbelief)
SUMMARY: Hebrews 3 is has links to Ezekiel 20:10-12 and is directly quoting from Psalms 95 which is about worshiping the only true God and creator of heaven and earth. God's people did not know God's ways and broke His Sabbaths and God did not give them His rest. They could not enter into God's rest because of unbelief and sin and God poured out His judgements on them because they broke his Sabbaths and they died in the wilderness because of their unbelief and sins.

KEY POINTS FROM THE SCRIPTURES OF HEBREWS 4:1-5 WITH FULL CONTEXT PROVIDED
  • Hebrews 4:1 Some must enter into Gods seventh day Sabbath rest but those who did not believe did not enter into Gods' rest
  • Hebrews 4:2 Because unto us was the gospel preached as well us unto them but they did not believe
  • Hebrews 4:3 We who believe (present tense) enter into God's rest from the foundation of the world
  • Hebrews 4:4 Reference of Hebrews 4:3 is to the Gods' Sabbath rest of the "seventh day" (Genesis 2:1-3)
  • Hebrews 4:4-5 God's rest is the seventh day Sabbath of creation that we enter into by faith (Genesis 2:1-3)
NOTE: The context in Hebrews 4:1-5 is God's Rest from the seventh day Sabbath from the foundation of the world (v4-5) and those who enter Gods rest by and believing and following Gods Word [the gospel] who enter into God's Sabbath rest as God did on the seventh day of the week. The context here defining God’s rest/My rest/His rest is to God’s seventh day Sabbath rest created at the foundation of the world that those who believe or do not believe God's WORD do or do not enter into. The new testament writer of Hebrews is warning us that if we do not believe and follow God's Word (the gospel) and continue in sin and unbelief (Hebrews 3:10-13; 18-19) we will never enter into God's rest (His Rest/My Rest) which is defined as the "seventh day" Sabbath rest in Hebrews 4:1-5. There are two rests here. One is to the rest we enter into by believing and following Gods Word which is our rest and the rest we enter into by believing and following God’s Word to God’s rest which is the seventh day Sabbath. Hebrews 4:3-5 defines God's rest by saying [3], For we which have believed do enter into rest (our rest from or the gospel rest of believing and following God's Word), as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest (God's rest): although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. [4], For he spoke in a certain place of the "seventh day" on this wise, And God did rest the "seventh day" from all his works.
  • [5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest ("seventh day").
  • [6], SEEING THEREFORE IT REMAINS THAT SOME MUST ENTER THEREIN, AND THEY TO WHOM IT WAS FIRST PREACHED ENTERED NOT IN BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF:
  • [7], AGAIN, HE LIMITS A CERTAIN DAY, SAYING IN DAVID, TO DAY, AFTER SO LONG A TIME; AS IT IS SAID, TODAY IF YOU WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, HARDEN NOT YOUR HEARTS.
  • [8], FOR IF JOSHUA HAD GIVEN THEM REST, THEN WOULD HE NOT AFTERWARD HAVE SPOKEN OF ANOTHER DAY.
Verse 8 is a reference back to what David is saying in reference to “another day

NOTE: the link back to what Hebrews 3-4 is quoting....
  • Psalms 95:2-11 is worshiping the only true creator God of heaven and earth. To day if you hear His voice…. (“This is the another day” in Hebrews 4:7-8 spoken of by David ….. for if Joshua had given them rest – (promised land) David would not have spoken of “another day” saying “To day if you hear His voice harden not your hearts as in the provocation in the wilderness. Gods’ people were still hardening their hearts in sin and unbelief)
  • [9] SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.
  • [10], For he that is entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
  • [11], Let us labor therefore to enter that rest, [God’s REST the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH] lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief [rejecting God’s WORD and sin; Hebrews 3].
KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 4:9

Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: “SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

According to the Greek and scripture contexts of Hebrews 3:7-19 and Hebrews 4:1-9, Hebrews 4:9 is in regards to God’s seventh day Sabbath of the 4th commandment which in the context of Hebrews 4:1-5 which defines God’s rest/My rest/His rest (Hebrews 3:11; 18-19; Hebrews 4:1; 3; 5; 10) as the “seventh day” from the foundation of the world *Hebrews 4:3-4.

Kenny, not trying to be mean here but as a brother you need to know that what you are claiming the scriptures teach is not biblical. Gods Word no where teaches and promotes lawlessness. Happy to discuss anything else from your post if you are interested. The shadow laws of Hebrews is not Gods 10 commandments. They are Gods laws of atonement for sin offerings of the old covenant. Happy to demonstrate this for you if you are interested. As shown in the posts you ignored Kenny, Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 is a warning that says no one enters into Gods seventh day Sabbath rest or eternal rest (that is they are not saved) if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says.

Take Care.
you did it again.... you took a portion out of context of the whole of Hebrew. First few chapters shows how Jesus and grace was superior to Moses and the Law

I think you are stuck in the rut.

3rdAngel

you did it again.... you took a portion out of context of the whole of Hebrew. First few chapters shows how Jesus and grace was superior to Moses and the Law
I think you are stuck in the rut.
Well that is not true at all Kenny. If you believe it is prove your claims. It is you taking scriptures out of context and promoting false teachings of lawlessness which is why the full scripture contexts were provided in my earlier posts to you to show that your interpretation of selected scripture taken without context does not support your teachings.

As proven through the scriptures shown in posts # 2785; post # 2787; post # 2907; and post # 2908 linked it is you that have taken your earlier posts promoting out of context promoting lawlessness. That is why these posts were written to you and why you refuse to address them. They show your teachings of lawlessness are not unbiblical or supported in the scriptures. Tell me Kenny, how can the above posts be taken out of context when the above four linked posts provide the full context you disregarded to show what you were claiming was not true? If you disagree then I challenge you to prove how any of those four posts disregard context. If you cannot why make untruthful statements that are simply untrue?

Anyhow, these posts were only posted for your correction and admonition showing the context you disregarded proves your interpretation of Matthew 5; Galatians 5; Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 was not biblical. Receive Gods correction and be blessed Kenny. Ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear. According to Jesus in John 12:47-48 the words of God we accept or reject become our judge come judgement day.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Well that is not true at all Kenny. If you believe it is prove your claims. It is you taking scriptures out of context and promoting false teachings of lawlessness which is why the full scripture contexts were provided in my earlier posts to you to show that your interpretation of selected scripture taken without context does not support your teachings.
Hey! :eek: That was MY line...:shrug:

:hugehug:

3rdAngel

Hey! :eek: That was MY line...:shrug:
Actually even that is not true. I stated first that your interpretation of the scriptures you posted was disregarding context proving your interpretation of the scriptures you were quoting were in error which was why I was providing the context you left out in your earlier posts. If you disagree. Lets discuss your disagreement. If you cannot show me why or how you disagree why not instead receive Gods correction and be blessed Kenny?

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Actually even that is not true. I stated first that your interpretation of the scriptures you posted was disregarding context proving your interpretation of them was in error which was why I was providing the context you left out to prove your interpretation of isolated scriptures was not biblical in the four linked posts you ignored above in the previous post. If you disagree. Lets discuss your disagreement. If you cannot show me why or how you disagree why not instead receive Gods correction and be blessed Kenny?
Listen... we both know we are not moving from our position so I remain:

Rom 14: 5 One person]values one day over another, another values every day the same. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.

2 Tim 2: AMP But have nothing to do with foolish and ignorant speculations [useless disputes over unedifying, stupid controversies], since you know that they produce strife and give birth to quarrels.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore, no one is to act as your judge in regard to food and drink, or in respect to a festival or a new moon, or a Sabbath day

Rom 14: 22 The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God. Happy is the one who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But the one who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

Romans 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

Love God with all of your heart, soul, body and strength and love your neighbor as yourself.

:hugehug:

3rdAngel

Listen... we both know we are not moving from our position so I remain:
Well that is your decision Kenny. You have been shown why your teachings of lawlessness are unsupported by the scriptures when providing the scripture context you choose to ignore. So I will leave your sins between you and God to work through as I have done my part.
Rom 14: 5 One person]values one day over another, another values every day the same. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.
These have all been addressed earlier in the thread here that you chose to ignore much earlier here. You are once again taking scripture out of its context to support a teaching of lawlessness and sin which the bible does not teach. Romans 14 is about eating and not eating on days that men esteem over other day. Romans 14 is not even talking about the Sabbath or Gods 10 commandments.
2 Tim 2: AMP But have nothing to do with foolish and ignorant speculations [useless disputes over unedifying, stupid controversies], since you know that they produce strife and give birth to quarrels.
Kenny you do know this scripture is not talking about discussing scripture right? It is talking about fleeing youthful lust and avoiding foolish and unlearned questions leading to strife and teaching those who oppose themselves from the truth of Gods Word. It is not controversy to discuss the scriptures unless one party is in error. It is edification leading to correction in discussing the scriptures. In fact we are commanded to examine our selves to see if we are in the faith or not or following false teachings in 2 Corinthians 13:5. We are also told in 2 Timothy 2:15 15, Study to show yourself approved to God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth; or 1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear; and Timothy 3:16 16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness? Therefore we should not be afraid to come to the light of Gods Word to see if we are really walking in it or not. Its better for us to receive Gods correction and be blessed rather than follow false teachings and be lost for all eternity right?
Colossians 2:16 Therefore, no one is to act as your judge in regard to food and drink, or in respect to a festival or a new moon, or a Sabbath day
Kenny this was already addressed with a detailed scripture response back in post # 23; post # 25; post # 26 linked. Your response to these posts that prove that Paul is not talking about Gods creation Sabbath but the ceremonial sabbaths in the feast days and animal sacrifices and sin offerings was to simply ignore what was posted to you that once again show that you have disregarded scripture context again. Paul is quoting old testament scriptures here from Ezekiel 45:17 in regards to judging others in regards to meat and drink offerings connected to the new moons, and the sabbaths in the annual feast days. Lets be honest. There is nothing in this scripture anywhere that says Gods Sabbath commandment of the 10 commandments has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus.
Romans 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
Love God with all of your heart, soul, body and strength and love your neighbor as yourself.
Agreed. However no one can claim to love God according to the scriptures if they do not believe Gods Word and keep His commandments. (See John 14:15; John 15:10; Romans 13:8-10). This is why Jesus says in Matthew 22:36-40 "On these two great commandments (love to God and man) hang all the law and the prophets" Gods Word does not teach lawlessness Kenny. Lawlessness is the very definition of what sin is and those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter into the kingdom of heaven according to the scriptures in Hebrews 10:26-31? Does this not worry you? It should. You are being taught lies at Sunday school.

Take Care.

Kenny

Premium Member
These have all been addressed earlier in the thread here that you chose to ignore much earlier here. You are once again taking scripture out of its context to support a teaching of lawlessness and sin which the bible does not teach. Romans 14 is about eating and not eating on days that men esteem over other day. Romans 14 is not even talking about the Sabbath or Gods 10 commandments.
No and wrong. ;) Pretty much down the line. You did, however, try to flood a simple answer with irrelevant and out of context scriptures. ;) All the way down the line :)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
According to the scriptures in Genesis 2:1-3 God rested on the seventh day of the week and made the seventh day a holy day of rest from work and one of Gods 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken. (see Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Exodus 20:8-11). The Sabbath was made for man to spend with God (Mark 2:27). Why ask silly questions. "Do you think God needs a day off?" Why would you think God needs a rest day once a week? You were already posted in the post you were responding to that God made the Sabbath for mankind. God made the Sabbath as a memorial of creation and to spend time with our creator. Sabbath keeping is a part of our duty of love to God.
But again, God rested on the 7th day, didn't he?

3rdAngel

No and wrong. ;) Pretty much down the line. You did, however, try to flood a simple answer with irrelevant and out of context scriptures. ;) All the way down the line :)
Kenny be honest if you believe I am wrong prove it. Just do not say what I post with you words is wrong when I post you scripture that is in disagreement with your use of the scriptures taken out of context proving you wrong. The reason you do not address my posts and scriptures that are in disagreement with you is because you cannot because the context you leave out proves why you are wrong. You were provided detailed scripture responses as a correction and help to you by adding all the scripture context you left out and disregarded proving your claims of lawlessness to be false ones unsupported by the scriptures. Lets be honest Kenny. The reason you will not address my posts and scriptures in them that are in disagreement with you and prove you are wrong is because you cannot. Therefore dear friend what you choose to believe I will leave now between you and God whose words you deny. I would carefully consider reading the scriptures in Hebrews 10:26-31. Your salvation depends on it.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

But again, God rested on the 7th day, didn't he?
Indeed He did no one said he did not. Not only did God rest on the seventh day of the week from all of His creation He blessed the seventh day and made the seventh day a holy day of rest for all mankind. (see Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11 and Mark 2:27) Just wondering, why would you think God needs a rest day once a week? You were already posted in the post you were responding to that God made the Sabbath for mankind. God made the Sabbath as a memorial of creation and to spend time with our creator and one of Gods 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11). Sabbath keeping is a part of our duty of love to God.

Last edited: