• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
As posted to you earlier according to the scriptures in Genesis 2:1-3 on the seventh day God ended his work of creation which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made and God blessed the seventh day, and and made it a holy day of rest: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. According to the Words of Jesus, the Sabbath for all mankind. According to the scriptures the Sabbath commandment is a memorial of Gods creation when He rested on the seventh day of creation from all His Work of creation and God made the seventh day a holy day of rest and one of the 10 commandments as our duty of love to God (see Mark 2:27; compare Exodus 20:8-11 and Genesis 2:1-3).
Again...yes, God rested that day. What do you think that means? Do you think that means he needed a refresher to rest up so he could get ready to continue his work for the next 6 days?

Ebionite

Tell me do you not think God gave us the Hebrew bible made up of the old testament scriptures through Moses and the prophets and the new testament scriptures through the words of Jesus and the Apostles that together make up the Words of God?
"God" got redefined by the Church.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: As posted to you earlier according to the scriptures in Genesis 2:1-3 on the seventh day God ended his work of creation which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made and God blessed the seventh day, and and made it a holy day of rest: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. According to the Words of Jesus, the Sabbath for all mankind. According to the scriptures the Sabbath commandment is a memorial of Gods creation when He rested on the seventh day of creation from all His Work of creation and God made the seventh day a holy day of rest and one of the 10 commandments as our duty of love to God (see Mark 2:27; compare Exodus 20:8-11 and Genesis 2:1-3).
Your response here
Again...yes, God rested that day. What do you think that means? Do you think that means he needed a refresher to rest up so he could get ready to continue his work for the next 6 days?
What do you think my post is saying to you? Genuine question. I am trying to understand how you interpret what I said to you earlier. Thanks for the clarification.

Take Care.

YoursTrue

As posted to you earlier according to the scriptures in Genesis 2:1-3 on the seventh day God ended his work of creation which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made and God blessed the seventh day, and and made it a holy day of rest: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. According to the Words of Jesus, the Sabbath for all mankind. According to the scriptures the Sabbath commandment is a memorial of Gods creation when He rested on the seventh day of creation from all His Work of creation and God made the seventh day a holy day of rest and one of the 10 commandments as our duty of love to God (see Mark 2:27; compare Exodus 20:8-11 and Genesis 2:1-3).
Again...yes, God rested that day. Do you think he takes a day off for rest once a week?

YoursTrue

Your response here

What do you think my post is saying to you? Genuine question. I am trying to understand how you interpret what I said to you earlier. Thanks for the clarification.

Take Care.
I'm still trying to figure if you think God takes a rest day or day off once a week each week. It shouldn't be a complicated question but if it is maybe we can look at it later.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Well that is not true ... As shown in the posts you ignored Kenny, Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 is a warning that says no one enters into Gods seventh day Sabbath rest or eternal rest (that is they are not saved) if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says.
3:1 – Jesus is our eternal High Priest – Changing the Mosaic Law because it is a new priesthood
:2 – Comparing Jesus superior over Moses.
:4 – God maker over the universe
:5-6 Jesus not only over God’s House but in God’s House “

Followed by “The rest for the people of God” vs “The Mosaic law” So we have a comparison between the failure of the Law and the works of the Law (no rest) to that which is of faith, not by works (eternal rest) unless you want to go back to the Law (Gal 3:1)

Past – 3:7-19 – the error of the people under the Law. The failure of the Law through lack of obedience.

19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief culminating in lack of obedience

The problem you have is that you don’t follow into the next chapter… a new covenant – new priesthood - new laws – new rest / an eternal rest... but you don't enter because of your unbelief relying on a Mosaic Law which was but a shadow of things to come.

Hebrews 10 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

So you mined and took out of context the whole of Hebrew... which you are free to do but I won't:

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. 3 O foolish readers, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

You want me to live in the shadows when I am already complete in Him.

Ebionite

3:1 – Jesus is our eternal High Priest – Changing the Mosaic Law because it is a new priesthood
No, Christianity doesn't understand what the fulfilment of the law is.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matthew 5:18

But [this cometh to pass], that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
John 15:25

Men [and] brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
Acts 1:16

Kenny

Premium Member
No, Christianity doesn't understand what the fulfilment of the law is.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matthew 5:18

But [this cometh to pass], that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
John 15:25

Men [and] brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
Acts 1:16
Or, maybe you don't understand?

Jesus fulfilled the law.

In Matthew 5:17, Jesus says, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”

For Christians...
Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Ebionite

Jesus fulfilled the law.
That says nothing about what John 15:25 means. It's a reference to Psalm 35, 69 and 109. Acts 1:16 refers to Psalm 69 and 109. Taken together, with Isaiah 53, these chapters refute The Pauline doctrine of vicarious sacrifice.

For Christians...
Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
This is refuted in Matthew:

Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law?
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Matthew 22:36-40

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
That says nothing about what John 15:25 means. It's a reference to Psalm 36, 69 and 109. Acts 1:16 refers to Psalm 69 and 109. Taken together, with Isaiah 53, these chapters refute The Pauline doctrine of vicarious sacrifice.

And this is the issue.... not in the understanding that a Pharisee of Pharisees so well presented but rather you position that you know better than the Apostle Paul

Ebionite

And this is the issue.... not in the understanding that a Pharisee of Pharisees so well presented but rather you position that you know better than the Apostle Paul
Paul lied about being appointed by Jesus as a minister and witness while on the road to Damascus (Acts 26, Acts 9). Paul was endorsed by Peter but their roles were complementary - Paul's role was to make the name known but Peter denied the name. Also there is circumstantial evidence that Paul was among the liars and false apostles that were rejected at Ephesus.

Kenny

Premium Member
Paul lied about being appointed by Jesus as a minister and witness while on the road to Damascus (Acts 26, Acts 9). Paul was endorsed by Peter but their roles were complementary - Paul's role was to make the name known but Peter denied the name. Also there is circumstantial evidence that Paul was among the liars and false apostles that were rejected at Ephesus.
Again... this is why you and I will differ on understanding.

Ebionite

I mentioned Psalm 36 before, bit it should have been Psalm 35. It relates to Isaiah 53 because of the righteous servant.

False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge [things] that I knew not.
Psalms 35:11

He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:11

Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let YHWH be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Psalms 35:27

Kenny

Premium Member
I mentioned Psalm 36 before, bit it should have been Psalm 35. It relates to Isaiah 53 because of the righteous servant.

False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge [things] that I knew not.
Psalms 35:11

He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:11

Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let YHWH be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Psalms 35:27
You just don't understand the Jubilee Sabbath - its representation and the work of Is 53 and the reality of Psalm 103 and 22

Ebionite

You just don't understand the Jubilee Sabbath - its representation and the work of Is 53 and the reality of Psalm 103 and 22
Bollocks. Isaiah 53:11 is about the righteous servant as shown, Psalm 22:1 is about the crucified man because of the cry of dereliction, and Psalm 103 is irrelevant.

1. John 15:25 is a reference to Psalm 35, 69 and 109.
2. Acts 1:16 is about Judas, and refers to Psalm 69 and 109.
3. Psalm 35 is about the righteous servant, just as Isaiah 53 is.

None of this relates to the jubilee sabbath.

Kenny

Premium Member
Bollocks. Isaiah 53:11 is about the righteous servant as shown, Psalm 22:1 is about the crucified man because of the cry of dereliction, and Psalm 103 is irrelevant.

1. John 15:25 is a reference to Psalm 35, 69 and 109.
2. Acts 1:16 is about Judas, and refers to Psalm 69 and 109.
3. Psalm 35 is about the righteous servant, just as Isaiah 53 is.

None of this relates to the jubilee sabbath.
Yes... there is much that doesn't reference to the year of Jubilee... are you surprised? Or did you want every scripture to reference it. Genesis 4,5,6 and more doesn't mention the 7th day Sabbath. Neither does Deut. 1 or Exodus 1.

Is it recorded that it Israel fulfilled that Jubilee 50th year Sabbath?

Ebionite

Yes... there is much that doesn't reference to the year of Jubilee... are you surprised?
No, but an argument from absence is still a fallacy.

Is it recorded that it Israel fulfilled that Jubilee 50th year Sabbath?
I have no idea. How is that relevant to the point that the fulfilment of the law relates to Psalms which do not support Paul's doctrine of vicarious sacrifice?

Kenny

Premium Member
No, but an argument from absence is still a fallacy.

I have no idea. How is that relevant to the point that the fulfilment of the law relates to Psalms which do not support Paul's doctrine of vicarious sacrifice?
If you study the year of Jubilee you will put the pieces together of the rest that Jesus brings... not the shadow of it but the real thing. After all, he was anointed to complete it for us.