• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

Oeste

And I suppled you with the quote from Ignatius that the Lord's Day was NOT the sabbath.

Ignatius is considered a church Father, a disciple of Peter by the vast majority of Christian churches. He provides a reliable historical record of the early church, and he wrote many letters against the "Judaizers" (Jewish Christians who mixed grace with following Jewish Law) much as our good friend, 3rdAngel, does here (see Galatians 2:14).

As for the first day celebration:

7 On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight. 8 There were many lamps in the upstairs room where we were meeting. Acts 20

and:

Now about the collection for the Lord’s people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. 2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made. (1 Corinthians 16)

These verses make it pretty clear the church had transitioned to meeting on the first day of the week following the resurrection of Christ.

3rdAngel

Ignatius is considered a church Father, a disciple of Peter by the vast majority of Christian churches. He provides a reliable historical record of the early church, and he wrote many letters against the "Judaizers" (Jewish Christians who mixed grace with following Jewish Law) much as our good friend, 3rdAngel, does here (see Galatians 2:14).

As for the first day celebration:

7 On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight. 8 There were many lamps in the upstairs room where we were meeting. Acts 20

and:

Now about the collection for the Lord’s people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. 2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made. (1 Corinthians 16)

These verses make it pretty clear the church had transitioned to meeting on the first day of the week following the resurrection of Christ.
Ignatius is only considered a Church father by those who seek to make excuses to not believe Gods Word and break Gods commandments and sin against God. Putting the teachings and traditions of men outside of the scriptures are against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. The Catholic Church has long held up the authenticity of all the letters of Ignatius from past to present as being truthful. However, in 1886, Presbyterian minister and church historian William Dool Killen published an essay extensively arguing that none of the epistles attributed to Ignatius were authentic (Wiki linked). Some however, argue that some letters were authentic and others not. The problem here however, is that there is no agreement as to what is genuine and what is not and when we put the teachings and traditions of men above the scriptures we are no longer following God but man.

I would also like to challenge you on your use of Acts 20:7 and 1 Corinthians 16:2 and using them to make the claim or statement that these scriptures prove that the Church was transitioning from the Sabbath to the first day of the week. Where does it say that in the scriptures you quoted? - Lets be honest, nowhere right. Lets compared what you posted above and your claim that the last two scriptures prove that the Church was transitioning from Sabbath to the first day of the week with Acts 2:47-48

Acts 2:47-48 46, And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47, Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

So as can be proven in the scriptures Gods people met together every day of the week and this also included the first day of the week. This did not make every day of the week a holy day of rest and abolish Gods Sabbath commandment . There is nothing in any of these scriptures that state that the Church was transitioning from Sabbath to the first day of the week. That is you trying to read into the scriptures what is not written in the scriptures. Finally, none of these scriptures make any claims to changing Gods 4th commandment or the obligation to continue keeping the seventh day as a holy day of rest according to Gods 10 commandments . The proof of this is that everyone of the disciples and Apostles continued keeping the Sabbath as Gods holy day of rest until they died (see Acts of the Apostles 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10).

Take care.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Well that is not true at all. The bible does tell us what day the Lord's day is.
No, it doesn't. We've gone round and round on this 3rdAngel, and the only verses you supply do not even mention "the Lord's Day" except the one in Revelation, which does not identify which day of the week it is referring to. I'm not going to rehash my argument with you. You are basically imagining things in the text that aren't there, and that kind of irrationality is impossible to have a discussion with.

3rdAngel

No, it doesn't. We've gone round and round on this 3rdAngel, and the only verses you supply do not even mention "the Lord's Day" except the one in Revelation, which does not identify which day of the week it is referring to. I'm not going to rehash my argument with you. You are basically imagining things in the text that aren't there, and that kind of irrationality is impossible to have a discussion with.
Sorry dear friend but I prefer what the scriptures teach and the scriptures disagree with you here. As posted earlier, the bible does tell us what day the Lord's day is. Yet it is your post that is looking outside of the scriptures to teachings and traditions of men leading us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God because there is no scripture to support Sunday or the first day of the week as the Lord's day and, comes under Matthew 15:3-9 and is not relevant to this OP. As already proven in the scriptures including the Torah and in the Greek meaning of the scriptures used in Revelation 1:10 the Greek words κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ (the Lord's day) means the day that the Lord' claims ownership over and includes both in authority and ownership. In scripture this is clearly demonstrated in the Torah and directly in the New testament scriptures.

If you read my OP, the challenge is to prove Sunday or the first day of the week (biblical time) is the Lords day? You cannot because there is no scripture that makes this connection. Yet it is simply a lie to claim that "the Lords day" cannot be shown to be the seventh day of the week (biblical time) when the OP already demonstrates this with scripture that you simply choose to ignore..

As demonstrated though the scriptures earlier.. The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question

WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY (Matthew 12:8)
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)

• LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

• EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

• EZEKIEL 20:20 20, And keep holy MY SABBATHS (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.

• ISAIAH 58:13 13, If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure ON MY HOLY DAY; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shalt honor him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK (bible time).

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day". So as proven above it is untruthful to make the claim you cannot prove that "the Lords day" or the Lords ownership of a day in the bible cannot be proven to be the Sabbath day. The scriptures and the Koine Greek disagree with you here.

If you disagree, you are welcome to prove how all the scriptures and Greek provided above in disagreement with you does not support a claim that the Sabbath is "the Lord's day". You refuse to address the above because you cannot argue against it. Just be honest. Receive Gods correction and be blessed. If you disagree, prove why you disagree.

Take Care.

IndigoChild5559

Well you have never made an argument against the above to begin with, so nothing new here.
You forget easily. I repeatedly asked you for a verse, any verse, that stated that the Lord's Day was the Sabbath. You provided many verses about the Sabbath, but NONE that stated teh Lord's Day was the Sabbath. That's because none exist.

3rdAngel

You forget easily. I repeatedly asked you for a verse, any verse, that stated that the Lord's Day was the Sabbath. You provided many verses about the Sabbath, but NONE that stated teh Lord's Day was the Sabbath. That's because none exist.
Well that is not true. You were provided not one but four scriptures from the Torah and one from the New testament (5x scriptures total) all proving Gods ownership of the Sabbath as being "the Lords day" which is the meaning of the Greek words used in τη κυριακη ημερα. So the question remains, what day is the Lord's day according to scripture? Answered by the scriptures in the new testament "FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY" (Matthew 12:8). More scripture from the Torah is provided in post # 2844 linked along with the Greek meanings of Revelation 1:10 as further supporting evidence in disagreement with you, waiting for you to address it. Sorry friend it seems Gods Word disagrees with you here.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Well you have never made an argument against the above to begin with, so nothing new here.
Pardon me, but I would like to know if you think God takes a day off every week on what you consider to be the Lord's day. Sorry if this is not attached to your comment, and not sure if you have answered this, but I hope to see your response. Thank you.

Oeste

I am still trying to find where these "...6 other days to do our work" come from. They were not addressed in your response.

Well that is not true. Perhaps you did not like the answers provided.

You provided no answer. Instead you simply repeat yourself. Here, let's look at it again, in full context:

The context is to "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy". Six days you shall labor and do all your work BUT THE SEVENTH DAY... is not stating that we have to work 6 days a week it is stating that we have 6 other days to do our work the "BUT" is the reference point stating that of all the says of the week God calls us to "Remember the seventh day of the week to keep it Holy" Why? because Exodus 20:11 says For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: why the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and made it holy. God is quoting back to Genesis 2:1-3. You do err not knowing scriptures in order to teach lawlessness.

Can you explain these six other days ?

Again as posted earlier but simply ignored, the scriptures do not teach anywhere that we are to work six days
"Six days you shall labor and do all your work." Exodus 20:9

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before and that it's simply been ignored. It's pretty clear.

Why anyone would think this means that the Lord's Day is the Sabbath Day is beyond me, for the Son of Man is Lord even of Resurrection Day.

If you disagree with this statement, or if you have a list of days when our Lord is Not Lord, feel free to post.

AdamjEdgar

He has a long long history of quoting verses about the Sabbath which do not support his theory that the Lord's Day was the Sabbath.
I find it really interesting when Christians say, we follow the bible. They adhere quite strictly to everything in BOTH Testaments of the bible EXCEPT the 4th commandment!

I saw an earlier post where the demand was made to prove that Christ advocated the Seventh Day Sabbath in the NT (whilst not these words, its pretty obvious that is the claim being made).

Firslty, if Christ was a teacher for the Christian movement, would it not be a suprise if said teacher decided to teach us to worship on the Seventh Day Sabbath (as was HIS custom) and then the apostles decide, many decades after their masters death, to ignore that teaching? This makes absolutely no sense. As 3rd angel has stated repeatedly, there are no text passages of scripture anywhere in EITHER testament of the Bible where we are told that Sunday is a holy day, Sunday has been blessed by God, or to even set it aside as a special day of worship of our creator!

See the thing is this, many Christians are not trinitarian. They do not believe that Christ is almighty God. So how do those Christians make the claim that Christ (who according to them is not God) can change the Sabbath, or indeed even give His apostles the authority to change it? To me this is a big inconsistency, and inconsistencies spell bad theology!

Finally, I would like you to consider the following...

Matthew 24:
15So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’a described by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand), 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve anything from his house. 18And let no one in the field return for his cloak.
19How miserable those days will be for pregnant and nursing mothers! 20Pray that your flight will not occur in the winter or on the Sabbath.

given that it was Christ Himself who made this prophecy,

1. please tell us what day of the week the audience in Matthew 24 would have believed that Christ was talking about here in this prophecy?
2. This passage of scripture is considered a dual prophecy...ie it represents more than just one future event in history. The second (perhaps hidden message) is of end times. This is evidenced in part by the next part of the chapter in Matthew 24:

23At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There He is!’ do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible. 25See, I have told you in advance.
The Return of the Son of Man
26So if they tell you, ‘There He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Given that Matthew 24 is very clearly also referring to the second coming of Christ (as illustrated in Nebuchadnezzar's dream in Daniel Ch 2...after the time of the kingdoms of iron and clay...(which cannot possibly be in A.D 70 when Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans because the Romans were still a single world power at the time)...would you not agree that its rather obvious that Christ, in giving the prophecy about the time of the end was clearly talking about the Seventh Day Sabbat (the one he kept during his ministry "as was his custom")?

Oeste

Ignatius is only considered a Church father by those who seek to make excuses to not believe Gods Word and break Gods commandments and sin against God.

As expected, you throw the entire church to the curb. So when did the "true" church appear? After the Great Millerite Disappointment? Or perhaps just after the writings of Ellen White?

Putting the teachings and traditions of men outside of the scriptures are against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9.

Umm... have you read Ignatius's letters? I'm not sure how you can claim he was "outside the scriptures".

Ignatius was certainly against the Judaizers though, but then so was the apostle Paul.

Ignatius is only considered a Church father by those who seek to make excuses to not believe Gods Word and break Gods commandments and sin against God.
This is an unfounded and unsupported judgement against fellow Christians.

The Catholic Church has long held up the authenticity of all the letters of Ignatius from past to present as being truthful. However, in 1886, Presbyterian minister and church historian William Dool Killen published an essay extensively arguing that none of the epistles attributed to Ignatius were authentic (Wiki linked). Some however, argue that some letters were authentic and others not.
1886?

While their certainly have been forgeries, the majority of modern scholars accept at least 7 letters as authentic.

The problem here however, is that there is no agreement as to what is genuine and what is not and when we put the teachings and traditions of men above the scriptures we are no longer following God but man.
What teachings? We have no book of Ignatius. We do have his letters which give us an early historical account of the church.

I would also like to challenge you on your use of Acts 20:7 and 1 Corinthians 16:2 and using them to make the claim or statement that these scriptures prove that the Church was transitioning from the Sabbath to the first day of the week.
Sure! That's what the forum is for.

Where does it say that in the scriptures you quoted?
Prior to his crucifixion, Jesus taught in the temples (Matthew 21:12, Luke 4:15)

After the crucifixion, they met every (not just the Sabbath) day in the temple courts:

Acts 2:42-4743 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts.

Remember, in historic Christian church, there is no "wrong" day to worship. There are traditional days, which generally occur on days we can gather and not work, but there are no "wrong" days. Jesus is Lord, even of 3rd and 4th day.

Which leads us to Acts 20, where we are meeting on the first day of the week.

7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. 8 And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together.

- Lets be honest, nowhere right.
Incorrect. See above.

Lets compared what you posted above and your claim that the last two scriptures prove that the Church was transitioning from Sabbath to the first day of the week with Acts 2:47-48
Compare away my friend.

Acts 2:47-48 46, And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47, Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
You do realize that Acts 2:47 states they continued DAILY with one accord in the temple, and the Lord added DAILY to those saved. This clearly shows that ANY day is a good day to give praise to God!

So if you want to give the 7th day to the Lord, good for you!
If you want to give the 1st day to the Lord, good for you!
If you want to give the 3rd day to the Lord, good for you!

No day is a bad day.

So as can be proven in the scriptures Gods people met together every day of the week and this also included the first day of the week.

Absolutely!

This did not make every day of the week a holy day of rest and abolish Gods Sabbath commandment .
No one claims it did. Christ is our rest. It is Christ that allows us to give any day acceptable to the Lord. There is no wrong day to pray, and no incorrect day to worship.

“This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
– Psalm 118:24

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. - Lamentations 3: 22-23

"Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly, or under a compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:

There is nothing in any of these scriptures that state that the Church was transitioning from Sabbath to the first day of the week.

I think our readers can decide this for themselves. We are under no compulsion for a Sabbath.
That is you trying to read into the scriptures what is not written in the scriptures.

I disagree. That is you reading your doctrine into scriptures. I have not problem with your doctrine 3rd Angel. I just don't understand why you would want to yolk us to it when we're already at rest in Christ.

Finally, none of these scriptures make any claims to changing Gods 4th commandment or the obligation to continue keeping the seventh day as a holy day of rest according to Gods 10 commandments .
Probably because there is no obligation to do so.

The proof of this is that everyone of the disciples and Apostles continued keeping the Sabbath as Gods holy day of rest until they died (see Acts of the Apostles 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10).

Okay, I'll bite. Let's take a look at some of your verses.

Acts

13:14: From Perga they went on to Pisidian Antioch. On the Sabbath they entered the synagogue and sat down.​

Paul and his companions go to a synagogue, sit down, and later preach to those in the temple. This is not a gathering of believing Christians on the Sabbath, it is a gathering of Jews as one might expect.

13:27: The people of Jerusalem and their rulers did not recognize Jesus, yet in condemning him they fulfilled the words of the prophets that are read every Sabbath.​

You would have to explain how this shows Christians gathered in the temple on the Sabbath. I'm not seeing this at all. Certainly the people of Jerusalem and their rulers weren't Christians.

13:44: On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him. Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.​
Once again, the apostle are witnessing to gentiles on the Sabbath. This is a witness, and the Jews show up to argue with them. This is not a gathering of Christian believers for Sabbath services.

This post is getting long. I suspect if I go through 15;21 and the others I'll find much the same. But you didn't take the time to post the actual verses, so I'll take a pass on doing the same.

In any event, I think we have conclusively shown that Christians were free to attend Sabbath, just as they are now, but were never under a compulsion to do so.

Good night everyone, and thank you for the conversation 3rdAngel. I am behind in my work and I have a lot to catch up with, so it may be awhile before I can get back to anyone.

Take care.

Oeste

IndigoChild5559

I find it really interesting when Christians say, we follow the bible. They adhere quite strictly to everything in BOTH Testaments of the bible EXCEPT the 4th commandment!
The Sabbath is the fourth commandment for Jews and Protestants but is the third commandment for Catholics. All groups share the same 17 verses of Exodus 20, but group them differently. There is nothing in the text that numbers the commandments.

Which is fine. I'm not at all opposed to tradition.

3rdAngel

I saw an earlier post where the demand was made to prove that Christ advocated the Seventh Day Sabbath in the NT (whilst not these words, its pretty obvious that is the claim being made).

Firslty, if Christ was a teacher for the Christian movement, would it not be a suprise if said teacher decided to teach us to worship on the Seventh Day Sabbath (as was HIS custom) and then the apostles decide, many decades after their masters death, to ignore that teaching? This makes absolutely no sense. As 3rd angel has stated repeatedly, there are no text passages of scripture anywhere in EITHER testament of the Bible where we are told that Sunday is a holy day, Sunday has been blessed by God, or to even set it aside as a special day of worship of our creator!

See the thing is this, many Christians are not trinitarian. They do not believe that Christ is almighty God. So how do those Christians make the claim that Christ (who according to them is not God) can change the Sabbath, or indeed even give His apostles the authority to change it? To me this is a big inconsistency, and inconsistencies spell bad theology!

Finally, I would like you to consider the following...

Matthew 24:
15So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’a described by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand), 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve anything from his house. 18And let no one in the field return for his cloak.
19How miserable those days will be for pregnant and nursing mothers! 20Pray that your flight will not occur in the winter or on the Sabbath.

given that it was Christ Himself who made this prophecy,

1. please tell us what day of the week the audience in Matthew 24 would have believed that Christ was talking about here in this prophecy?
2. This passage of scripture is considered a dual prophecy...ie it represents more than just one future event in history. The second (perhaps hidden message) is of end times. This is evidenced in part by the next part of the chapter in Matthew 24:

23At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There He is!’ do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible. 25See, I have told you in advance.
The Return of the Son of Man
26So if they tell you, ‘There He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Given that Matthew 24 is very clearly also referring to the second coming of Christ (as illustrated in Nebuchadnezzar's dream in Daniel Ch 2...after the time of the kingdoms of iron and clay...(which cannot possibly be in A.D 70 when Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans because the Romans were still a single world power at the time)...would you not agree that its rather obvious that Christ, in giving the prophecy about the time of the end was clearly talking about the Seventh Day Sabbat (the one he kept during his ministry "as was his custom")?
Thank you, finally someone that actually reads their bible and is sharing scripture for what they believe. It is a good read Adam. I hope others get a blessing from reading it as well. Gods true people according to the scriptures will be continuing to keep the Sabbath in the last days prior to the second coming as proven in Matthew 24:24.

God bless.

3rdAngel

You provided no answer. Instead you simply repeat yourself. Here, let's look at it again, in full context: Can you explain these six other days ? Six days you shall labor and do all your work." Exodus 20:9 I'm pretty sure I've posted this before and that it's simply been ignored. It's pretty clear.
Your words have no truth in them because you seek to justify your sins instead of receiving Gods correction and being blessed. Isaiah, Jesus and Paul would often quote Isaiah 6:9-10 to those who refused to hear Gods Word when all God wanted to do was to bless them. They chose instead to turn away from God and His Word and not believe God or obey Him and they would say to them; Hear you indeed, but understand not; and see you indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Again as posted earlier but simply ignored, the scriptures do not teach anywhere that we are to work six days and rest any day in seven. According to Gods Sabbath commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11 in Exodus 20:10 in God (not me) specifically states "THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD" IN IT YOU SHALL DO NO WORK" The Hebrew word for work here is מְלָאכָה (mᵉlâʼkâh | H4399) and it means all business (buying and selling, shopping) employment, occupation, domestic work including cooking and cleaning. The focus of Exodus 20:8-11 is that we have free to doing our own work, six other days but the "seventh day is Gods Sabbath day" of rest and no work is to be done in. Breaking Gods Sabbath commandment just like anyone of Gods 10 commandments is sin according to the scriptures (see 1 John 3:4 compare with James 2:10-11) and if we continue practicing known unrepentant sin after we receive a knowledge of the truth of Gods Word we will be in danger of the judgement and can lose everlasting life (see Hebrews 10:26-31).

Receive Gods correction and be blessed dear friend. Ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear. According to Jesus the Words of God we choose to accept or reject will become our judge come judgement day (see John 12:47-48). As for me I do my own work and please on the other six days of the week but sunset Friday (our time) to sunset Saturday is Gods Sabbath and one of Gods 10 commandments we are to remember and do no work on. Breaking it like anyone of Gods 10 commandments is sin according to the scriptures in James 2:10-11; compare 1 John 3:4).
Why anyone would think this means that the Lord's Day is the Sabbath Day is beyond me, for the Son of Man is Lord even of Resurrection Day. If you disagree with this statement, or if you have a list of days when our Lord is Not Lord, feel free to post.
As demonstrated though the scriptures earlier.. The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question

This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

• EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

• EZEKIEL 20:20 20, And keep holy MY SABBATHS (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.

• ISAIAH 58:13 13, If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure ON MY HOLY DAY; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shalt honor him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK (bible time).

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day". So as proven above it is untruthful to make the claim you cannot prove that "the Lords day" or the Lords ownership of a day in the bible cannot be proven to be the Sabbath day. The scriptures and the Koine Greek disagree with you here and this is why you have been unable to address this post.

Take Care.

3rdAngel

Pardon me, but I would like to know if you think God takes a day off every week on what you consider to be the Lord's day. Sorry if this is not attached to your comment, and not sure if you have answered this, but I hope to see your response. Thank you.
As posted to you earlier according to the scriptures in Genesis 2:1-3 on the seventh day God ended his work of creation which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made and God blessed the seventh day, and and made it a holy day of rest: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. According to the Words of Jesus, the Sabbath for all mankind. According to the scriptures the Sabbath commandment is a memorial of Gods creation when He rested on the seventh day of creation from all His Work of creation and God made the seventh day a holy day of rest and one of the 10 commandments as our duty of love to God (see Mark 2:27; compare Exodus 20:8-11 and Genesis 2:1-3).