• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Well that is not true ... As shown in the posts you ignored Kenny, Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 is a warning that says no one enters into Gods seventh day Sabbath rest or eternal rest (that is they are not saved) if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says.
You clearly don't believe Jesus when he said that all the Commandments were just based on two: love of God and love of all. You're basically pretending to act like God in being so judgmental-- "Judge ye not...".

So, maybe tell us when you actual decide to believe in Jesus, OK?

3rdAngel

You clearly don't believe Jesus when he said that all the Commandments were just based on two: love of God and love of all. You're basically pretending to act like God in being so judgmental-- "Judge ye not...". So, maybe tell us when you actual decide to believe in Jesus, OK?
I think it is more like you do not believe the words of Jesus in the very scripture you are only part quoting in Matthew 22:36-40. Jesus says in the verse you left out (Matthew 22:40) "On these two great commandments (of love to God and man) hang all the law and the prophets. Therefore, love is not separate from obeying Gods law. Love to God and man is expressed in obedience to Gods law. Obedience to Gods law through faith in Gods Word is how we show our love to God and man. It is not pretending to act like God by believing and obeying Gods Word. We are told to judge righteous judgement as expressed in what Gods Word says not unrighteous judgement that is not according to Gods Word. As you can see your own words testify against you.

Take Care.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Most do not include that nonsense.
Even if you prefer a protestant Bible that does not contain the deuterocanonicals, you should try to be a little more respectful. The early church, which was largely Greek speaking, used the Septuagint. That was their ONLY Bible, as the NT had not yet been canonized. It included the Deuterocanonicals. That's your heritage.

metis

Most do not include that nonsense.
Did you ever read them? Don't say you did because there's basically nothing that does against Torah. This is your m.o.: spout off without evidence and not doing much studying nor thinking.

metis

I think it is more like you do not believe the words of Jesus in the very scripture you are only part quoting in Matthew 22:36-40. Jesus says in the verse you left out (Matthew 22:40) "On these two great commandments (of love to God and man) hang all the law and the prophets. Therefore, love is not separate from obeying Gods law. Love to God and man is expressed in obedience to Gods law. Obedience to Gods law through faith in Gods Word is how we show our love to God and man. It is not pretending to act like God by believing and obeying Gods Word. We are told to judge righteous judgement as expressed in what Gods Word says not unrighteous judgement that is not according to Gods Word. As you can see your own words testify against you.

Take Care.
You are repeatedly being judgmental and just spouting off and also judging others, thus this will be our last conversation.

3rdAngel

You are repeatedly being judgmental and just spouting off and also judging others, thus this will be our last conversation.
This is where your mistake is dear friend. I am not the one who judges you. According to Jesus in Matthew 12:47-48 it is the Words of God we accept or reject that become our judge come judgement day. As posted earlier according to Jesus we are to judge not according to the outward appearance, but we are to judge righteous judgment (John 7:24). Righteous judgement according to the scriptures is to make our judgements according to Gods Words and laws because Gods Word and law are the standards of truth and righteousness and the judgement to come (see Psalms 119:123; Psalms 119:172; Psalms 19:9; John 17:17; John 12:47-48). So according to Jesus, it is allowable to make judgements that are based on the truth of Gods Word which are the standard of what is true and right and what is not true and not right. So it is not being judgemental by sharing Gods righteous Words. If you feel judged then perhaps you need to consider that it is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak to you are Gods Words and they are spirit, and they are life and it is the Spirit of Gods Word the convicts of sin and of righteousness and of the judgement to come (see John 6:63; John 16:8; 1 Corinthians 6:2). Receive Gods correction and be blessed. Ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear. It become our judge come judgement day.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

This is where your mistake is dear friend. I am not the one who judges you. According to Jesus in Matthew 12:47-48 it is the Words of God we accept or reject that become our judge come judgement day. As posted earlier according to Jesus we are to judge not according to the outward appearance, but we are to judge righteous judgment (John 7:24). Righteous judgement according to the scriptures is to make our judgements according to Gods Words and laws because Gods Word and law are the standards of truth and righteousness and the judgement to come (see Psalms 119:123; Psalms 119:172; Psalms 19:9; John 17:17; John 12:47-48). So according to Jesus, it is allowable to make judgements that are based on the truth of Gods Word which are the standard of what is true and right and what is not true and not right. So it is not being judgemental by sharing Gods righteous Words. If you feel judged then perhaps you need to consider that it is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak to you are Gods Words and they are spirit, and they are life and it is the Spirit of Gods Word the convicts of sin and of righteousness and of the judgement to come (see John 6:63; John 16:8; 1 Corinthians 6:2). Receive Gods correction and be blessed. Ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear. It become our judge come judgement day.
Your response here...
Oh please. I watch you judge people in here all the time. Don't blame your judgmentalism on God.
Your post is a good example of someone who is being judgemental and is a good example of what we are told not to do in Matthew 7:1-5 and again in Romans 2:1-6 . However as shown in the post you are quoting from it is not being judgemental by sharing scripture. Scripture is Gods Word and is righteous judgement.

Oeste

No one said that the first day of the week biblically is the same as Sunday as we know it today as the timing is different. In biblical time the night comes before the daylight (Genesis 1:5).

Well, it was you who asked us to show that the Lord's day is "Sunday", remember?

The OP is asking for scripture and there is no scripture that states anywhere in the bible that Sunday is "the Lords day". The only references to "the Lords day" in the bible is to Gods Sabbath day.

You asked for scripture about "SUNDAY" when there is no "SUNDAY" in scripture. I pointed out that we don't celebrate the Lord's Day because it's "SUNDAY". We celebrate it because Jesus rose on the "FIRST" Day, which has been shown by scripture and church records going back to the first century.

Now I know you did say Sunday or first day. But the church has a specific reason for stating it was the first day, as the Ebionites were quick to hurl allegations that the church had become "apostate", because it had joined in celebrating the sun with the pagans. First day is supported in scripture. Sunday is not.

But that's not my only point.

The point is no one "keeps" the Sabbath. Many claim to, but they don't actually "keep" it, no more than anyone who claims to "keep" God rules, ordinances and commandments. If anyone did, there would be no need for Christ to have come. We could just keep the law and save ourselves. Break one, you lose. Keep them all, you win. As fallen creatures, we can only "keep" them for a short period of time.

Certainly, no one "keeps" the Sabbath for one or two months, which is about how long one would have to "biblically" keep it if they just happened to live 50 degrees latitude or higher in our northern or southern hemispheres. In fact, they could possible have months long daylight Sabbaths in the summer, and months long Sabbath nights in the winter. By attempting to extend the JEWISH Sabbath to "all mankind", you would have God condemn a large segment of earth's population simply because of where they lived.

All to keep a Sabbath that you yourself are unable to keep. Let's not forget about the work component.

“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.​

SIX DAYS of work my friend. ONE day of rest. That's the command, no ifs, ands or "buts". But let's look at your "but":

The context is to "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy". Six days you shall labor and do all your work BUT THE SEVENTH DAY... is not stating that we have to work 6 days a week it is stating that we have 6 other days to do our work the "BUT" is the reference point stating that of all the says of the week God calls us to "Remember the seventh day of the week to keep it Holy" Why? because Exodus 20:11 says For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: why the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and made it holy. God is quoting back to Genesis 2:1-3. You do err not knowing scriptures in order to teach lawlessness.

I want to zoom in on your statement here:

Six days you shall labor and do all your work BUT THE SEVENTH DAY... is not stating that we have to work 6 days a week it is stating that we have 6 other days to do our work

First, can you elaborate on these 6 "other" days? Where do these 6 other days come from if not from the 6 days immediately discussed by our biblical author???

How does "Six days you shall labor and do all your work" confuse you?

This command is telling you that you need to work SIX days and rest the SEVENTH. All the "BUT" does here is supply contrast to the phrase that precedes it. You can substitute "Nevertheless", "Even so", "Yet", or "Still" for the word "BUT" and get the same effect. Work is contrasted with rest. Six days work, one day rest.

Simple.

What is even simpler is the word "SHALL". The word Shall here means "certainly will" or "must" happen. If the word was "MAY" it would be optional or something you could put off for another time. BUT the word is SHALL and it works on "LABOR".

That means no rest the other days 3rdAngel. If your employer offers you a 2 week vacation lying in a leisure chair in the Bahamas, you need to refuse, and as far as sitting around, getting TWO days off every week? That's one day too many.

Let's make this easier. If your working for someone, and they say to you "Five days you shall work, BUT the the sixth and seventh you have off", are you getting the impression you don't have to work those 5 days because of the word "BUT"?

Now your work package might be a whole lot better than what I've stated here, but the package in the 4th commandment doesn't come with weekends. If God expects us to rest the 7th day because He rested, then He expects us to work 6 days because He worked.

Simple and consistent.

I think someone said it best:

You do err not knowing scriptures in order to teach lawlessness.

If you are going to keep the law, keep all of the law, otherwise you are lawless. Better to preach Christ and rely on him then to preach the Sabbath and rely on the Sabbath.

As I've stated before, I have no problem with anyone trying to keep a Sabbath. Our freedom in Christ allows it, but the Sabbath is not a yolk we need be anchored to. Christ offered us rest, and I eagerly accept it. If I am at rest in Christ every day, why would I trade him for a 7th day Sabbath?

MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)

Partially correct.

Note the word "EVEN". It's used to emphasize something surprising or extreme, especially for the Jews at that time (it points to Christ's deity).

Without the "EVEN" he is Lord of the Sabbath Day, just as you stated. But with "Even" he is Lord of all creation, which means the first through the sixth, and yes, EVEN of the seventh.

3rdAngel

Well, it was you who asked us to show that the Lord's day is "Sunday", remember?
Well that is simply being misleading and untruthful dear friend. Perhaps you have a misunderstanding, although I have already told you plainly what I believe. What I posted was the challenge of this OP is to prove that "the Lords day" is Sunday or the first day of the week. I simply mentioned Sunday because many believe that Sunday our time is "the Lords day" and that is why they go to Church on Sunday in honor of the resurrection of Jesus as we know it today or in bible time it is called the first day of the week that Jesus rose from the dead in Matthew 28:1. I never said that in biblical time the first day of the week is Sunday in bible time as we know it today although there is some overlap. I posted this to you many times now, already proving from the scriptures that bible time for a day, starts in the evening (sunset) and finishes the following evening or sunset from Genesis 1.
You asked for scripture about "SUNDAY" when there is no "SUNDAY" in scripture. I pointed out that we don't celebrate the Lord's Day because it's "SUNDAY". We celebrate it because Jesus rose on the "FIRST" Day, which has been shown by scripture and church records going back to the first century.
Well that is not true again. I said prove that "the Lords day" is Sunday or the first day of the week. see above for bible times.
Now I know you did say Sunday or first day. But the church has a specific reason for stating it was the first day, as the Ebionites were quick to hurl allegations that the church had become "apostate", because it had joined in celebrating the sun with the pagans. First day is supported in scripture. Sunday is not.
Your not telling the truth dear friend and your comments only prove you did not even read the OP here or are deliberately not telling the truth. Which one is it? According to the scriptures the later (lying) is sin. The last paragraph of this OP is there for everyone to see and is locked for sometime now and says and states the following........ (Highlighted in red below from page one first post of this OP).
The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.
Please read the OP first before posting here dear friend. Bearing false witness against a brother is sin according to the scriptures. I say this because I have already corrected you on this and told you already what I believe but you are either ignoring my posts and not reading them like you did the OP or deliberately not being truthful. I will leave that between you and God. Receive Gods correction and be blessed.
But that's not my only point. The point is no one "keeps" the Sabbath. Many claim to, but they don't actually "keep" it, no more than anyone who claims to "keep" God rules, ordinances and commandments. If anyone did, there would be no need for Christ to have come. We could just keep the law and save ourselves. Break one, you lose. Keep them all, you win. As fallen creatures, we can only "keep" them for a short period of time. Certainly, no one "keeps" the Sabbath for one or two months, which is about how long one would have to "biblically" keep it if they just happened to live 50 degrees latitude or higher in our northern or southern hemispheres. In fact, they could possible have months long daylight Sabbaths in the summer, and months long Sabbath nights in the winter. By attempting to extend the JEWISH Sabbath to "all mankind", you would have God condemn a large segment of earth's population simply because of where they lived.
For me your words here are unsupported in the scriptures. While it is true that every single one of us are sinners and in need of Gods grace and salvation and we are only saved by Gods grace through faith in what Gods Word says (Ephesians 2:8-9). Gods salvation is from sin which is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments and not believing and following what Gods Word says (see 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Romans 14:23). If you are continuing to live your life in known unrepentant sin you are still lost in your sins and do not know God according to the scriptures here in 1 John 2:3-4; see also 1 John 3:6-9; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 8:1-4; Matthew 7:21-23; Hebrews 10:26-31; compare Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14. Now of course we are not saved by what we do or the works of law but genuine saving faith is from the power of sin and sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4) so the fruit of someone that has genuine saving faith is that they are obedient to Gods Word and laws. Someone that claims to know God according to the scriptures but does not do and obey what Gods Word says and breaks Gods law which is defined as sin according to 1 John 2:3-4 does not know God and the truth is not in them and are in danger of losing their salvation because they have the dead faith of devils *see James 2:13-26; Hebrews 10:26-31 and Matthew 7:21-23.
Let's not forget about the work component. “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. SIX DAYS of work my friend. ONE day of rest. That's the command, no ifs, ands or "buts". But let's look at your "but"First, can you elaborate on these 6 "other" days? Where do these 6 other days come from if not from the 6 days immediately discussed by our biblical author??? How does "Six days you shall labor and do all your work" confuse you?
Sorry dear friend I am not confused at all because I am not the one who is seeking excuses to break Gods law. The scriptures do not teach anywhere that we are to work six days and rest any day in seven. According to Gods Sabbath commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11 in Exodus 20:10 in God (not me) specifically states "THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD" IN IT YOU SHALL DO NO WORK" The Hebrew word for work here is מְלָאכָה (mᵉlâʼkâh | H4399) and it means all business (buying and selling, shopping) employment, occupation, domestic work including cooking and cleaning. The focus of Exodus 20:8-11 is that we have free to our work, six other days that we are free to do any type of work but the "seventh day is the Sabbath" of rest and no work is to be done. Breaking Gods Sabbath commandment just like anyone of Gods 10 commandments is sin according to the scriptures (see 1 John 3:4 compare with James 2:10-11) and if we continue practicing known unrepentant sin after we receive a knowledge of the truth of Gods Word we will be in danger of the judgement and can lose everlasting life (see Hebrews 10:26-31). Receive Gods correction and be blessed dear friend. Ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear. According to Jesus the Words of God we choose to accept or reject will become our judge come judgement day (see John 12:47-48).

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

And I suppled you with the quote from Ignatius that the Lord's Day was NOT the sabbath.
Why do you think some guys quote outside of scripture is important? Its not. Read the OP please. I am after scripture. The OP was written because I know that there is none and that is what makes this interesting. We have all been taught lies at Sunday school.

Take Care.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Why do you think some guys quote outside of scripture is important? Its not. Read the OP please. I am after scripture. The OP was written because I know that there is none and that is what makes this interesting. We have all been taught lies at Sunday school.

Take Care.
Because, obviously, the Bible does not tell you which day the Lord's Day is, but other Christian writings do.

3rdAngel

Because, obviously, the Bible does not tell you which day the Lord's Day is, but other Christian writings do.
Well that is not true at all. The bible does tell us what day the Lord's day is. Yet it is your post that is looking outside of the scriptures to teachings and traditions of men leading us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God because there is no scripture to support Sunday or the first day of the week as the Lord's day and, comes under Matthew 15:3-9 and is not relevant to this OP. As already proven in the scriptures including the Torah and in the Greek meaning of the scriptures used in Revelation 1:10 the Greek words κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ (the Lord's day) means the day that the Lord' claims ownership over and includes both in authority and ownership. In scripture this is clearly demonstrated in the Torah and directly in the New testament scriptures.

If you read my OP, the challenge is to prove Sunday or the first day of the week (biblical time) is the Lords day? You cannot because there is no scripture that makes this connection. Yet it is simply a lie to claim that "the Lords day" cannot be shown to be the seventh day of the week (biblical time) when the OP already demonstrates this with scripture that you simply choose to ignore..

As demonstrated though the scriptures earlier.. The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question

WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY (Matthew 12:8)
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

• EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

• EZEKIEL 20:20 20, And keep holy MY SABBATHS (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.

• ISAIAH 58:13 13, If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure ON MY HOLY DAY; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shalt honor him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK (bible time).

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day". So as proven above it is untruthful to make the claim you cannot prove that "the Lords day" or the Lords ownership of a day in the bible cannot be proven to be the Sabbath day. The scriptures and the Koine Greek disagree with you here.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Oeste

I want to zoom in on your statement here:

Six days you shall labor and do all your work BUT THE SEVENTH DAY... is not stating that we have to work 6 days a week it is stating that we have 6 other days to do our work

First, can you elaborate on these 6 "other" days? Where do these 6 other days come from if not from the 6 days immediately discussed by our biblical author???

I am still trying to find where these "...6 other days to do our work" come from. They were not addressed in your response.

I have come to some tentative conclusions regarding your assertions, which may or may not be correct, based on what you've told us so far. I would much rather have you clarify a few things:

SABBATH COMMANDMENT (Correct)

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God …Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy​

SABBATH COMMANDMENT (Incorrect)

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God …Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy​

Are we reading this command correctly?

I want to be sure that we are all on the same page and reading the same command correctly. From my perspective, it appears you may be reading it incorrectly, as shown above. I get the distinct impression that while you keep part of the command, you don't quite keep all of it, and nothing in your prior responses leads me to believe otherwise.

Of course, I could be mistaken. If so, please tell us how your church doesn't drop a section from the Sabbath commandment and explain how members keep (or get to ignore) a six day labor requirement. Also, not only how they refuse to work on the Sabbath, but how they just as adamantly refuse to rest on non-Sabbath days.

Anything less is simply telling us you either don't keep the commandment, and you are just as "lawless" as the rest of us, no more capable of exalting yourself over a Christian with a Sabbath than the Pharisee was able to exalt himself over a tax collector with his tithes.

3rdAngel

I am still trying to find where these "...6 other days to do our work" come from. They were not addressed in your response.
Well that is not true. Perhaps you did not like the answers provided. Again as posted earlier but simply ignored, the scriptures do not teach anywhere that we are to work six days and rest any day in seven. According to Gods Sabbath commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11 in Exodus 20:10 in God (not me) specifically states "THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD" IN IT YOU SHALL DO NO WORK" The Hebrew word for work here is מְלָאכָה (mᵉlâʼkâh | H4399) and it means all business (buying and selling, shopping) employment, occupation, domestic work including cooking and cleaning. The focus of Exodus 20:8-11 is that we have free to doing our own work, six other days but the "seventh day is Gods Sabbath day" of rest and no work is to be done in. Breaking Gods Sabbath commandment just like anyone of Gods 10 commandments is sin according to the scriptures (see 1 John 3:4 compare with James 2:10-11) and if we continue practicing known unrepentant sin after we receive a knowledge of the truth of Gods Word we will be in danger of the judgement and can lose everlasting life (see Hebrews 10:26-31). Receive Gods correction and be blessed dear friend. Ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear. According to Jesus the Words of God we choose to accept or reject will become our judge come judgement day (see John 12:47-48). As for me I do my own work and please on the other six days of the week but sunset Friday (our time) to sunset Saturday is Gods Sabbath and one of Gods 10 commandments we are to remember and do no work on. Breaking it like anyone of Gods 10 commandments is sin according to the scriptures in James 2:10-11; compare 1 John 3:4).
I have come to some tentative conclusions regarding your assertions, which may or may not be correct, based on what you've told us so far. I would much rather have you clarify a few things
I have made no assertions accept to provide scripture in disagreement with your teachings of lawlessness. They are Gods Words not mine. For me though according to the scriptures only Gods Words are true (Romans 3:4) and we should believe and follow them *see John 3:36; Acts 5:29; John 10:26-27;
SABBATH COMMANDMENT (Correct)

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God …Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy

SABBATH COMMANDMENT (Incorrect)

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God …Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy

Are we reading this command correctly?
No not at all. Only pointing out what you choose to close your eyes and ears to seeking to justify breaking Gods Sabbath commandment which is sin according to the scriptures (1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11). As posted earlier, according to Gods Sabbath commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11 in Exodus 20:10 in God (not me) specifically states "THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD" IN IT YOU SHALL DO NO WORK" The Hebrew word for work here is מְלָאכָה (mᵉlâʼkâh | H4399) and it means all business (buying and selling, shopping) employment, occupation, domestic work including cooking and cleaning.

The focus of Exodus 20:8-11 is that we have free to doing our own work (see all the definitions of work that constitute work above), six other days but the "seventh day is Gods Sabbath day" of rest and no work is to be done in it. Breaking Gods Sabbath commandment just like anyone of Gods 10 commandments is sin according to the scriptures (see 1 John 3:4 compare with James 2:10-11) and if we continue practicing known unrepentant sin after we receive a knowledge of the truth of Gods Word we will be in danger of the judgement and can lose everlasting life (see Hebrews 10:26-31). Receive Gods correction and be blessed dear friend. Ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear. According to Jesus the Words of God we choose to accept or reject will become our judge come judgement day (see John 12:47-48). As for me I do my own work and please on the other six days of the week but sunset Friday (our time) to sunset Saturday is Gods Sabbath and one of Gods 10 commandments we are to remember and do no work on. Breaking it like anyone of Gods 10 commandments is sin according to the scriptures in James 2:10-11; compare 1 John 3:4).
I want to be sure that we are all on the same page and reading the same command correctly. From my perspective, it appears you may be reading it incorrectly, as shown above. I get the distinct impression that while you keep part of the command, you don't quite keep all of it, and nothing in your prior responses leads me to believe otherwise.
I keep all of Gods Sabbath commandment not part of it. See last post. Whats your excuse in breaking it?
Of course, I could be mistaken. If so, please tell us how your church doesn't drop a section from the Sabbath commandment and explain how members keep (or get to ignore) a six day labor requirement. Also, not only how they refuse to work on the Sabbath, but how they just as adamantly refuse to rest on non-Sabbath days.
Already did above as outlined in the scriptures (this is repetition)

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

You are that guy quoting outside of scripture.
Actually that is not true at all as proven in the OP here where only scripture and the Greek meaning of Revelation 1:10 was provided. Sorry but the person quoting outside of the scriptures is you who is seeking to make excuses not to believe Gods Word and break Gods commandments which is defined as sin in the scriptures (see 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11).