• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
And which of those scriptures that you posted above Kenny, says Gods seventh day Sabbath commandment is now abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus or that Sunday or the first day of the week is "the Lords day"? - None
I have entered into God's Sabbath... its eternal - there is no 8th day.
Hebrews 4:10
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
So what? I am sure you know that I was referring to Gods Sabbath commandment in the Hebrew and Protestant bible from Exodus 20:8-11 which is the topic of this OP right?
There is nothing in the protestant bible that labels the fourth commandment.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Oh, I do. I just don't think it happened as described in Genesis 1. The best shot we have at knowing what happened back then is to pay attention to the evidence revealed by Science. Not Genesis.

Again, I can't really address that, since I think the days of Genesis 1 are literary devices meant to create verses to a song, not literal days of a historical creation.
You do realize, just to finish the subject, that the "days of creation" were clearly in most rational persons' minds not 24 hours each? Right? And very importantly, whether you want to admit it or not, the seventh day of creation has no end attached to it (yet)? Two questions. The second is important so I'd like to hear your response to that one more than well, it's a song type thing. Thanks.

YoursTrue

And which of those scriptures that you posted above Kenny, says Gods seventh day Sabbath commandment is now abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus or that Sunday or the first day of the week is "the Lords day"? - None
Again, I'd like to say that the days of creation are not like the days of the week as we know them, like from Monday-Sunday in the western calendar, right? So to reiterate, according to the days of creation in Genesis, they are describing the making of the heavens and preparing the earth for life. Those are the works of God -- just let's be honest -- the first six days have a beginning and an end. But the 7th day? No matter what I think or anyone else thinks -- let's be honest -- is it written that the SEVENTH DAY HAS AN END TO IT???

YoursTrue

Not to be combative, but is there anything in what you consider to be the 'JEWISH' part of the Bible that says the seventh day of creation has an end to it?

3rdAngel

Again, I'd like to say that the days of creation are not like the days of the week as we know them, like from Monday-Sunday in the western calendar, right? So to reiterate, according to the days of creation in Genesis, they are describing the making of the heavens and preparing the earth for life. Those are the works of God -- just let's be honest -- the first six days have a beginning and an end. But the 7th day? No matter what I think or anyone else thinks -- let's be honest -- is it written that the SEVENTH DAY HAS AN END TO IT???
I am being honest with you. As posted earlier, the seventh day of creation has ended.

Genesis 2:1-3 1, Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2, And ON THE SEVENTH DAY GOD ENDED THE WORK WHICH HE HAD MADE; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3, And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

That is why we have a SEVEN DAY WEEK AND GOD'S SABBATH COMMANDMENT in Exodus 20:8-11 which is simply every seventh day of the week. Its a memorial of the finished work of creation. (see Genesis 2:1-3). Where does it say that the days of creation are not a normal day as we have them today? According to these scriptures the night and the day makes up a day as we have it today in Gods time (See Genesis 1:4-5). Forgive me dear friend but I prefer what the scriptures say.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Again so what? I am sure you know that I was referring to Gods Sabbath commandment as counted in both the Hebrew and Protestant bible from Exodus 20:8-11 which is the topic of this OP right?

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: And which of those scriptures that you posted above Kenny, says Gods seventh day Sabbath commandment is now abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus or that Sunday or the first day of the week is "the Lords day"? - None
Your response here...
I have entered into God's Sabbath... its eternal - there is no 8th day.
Well that is not true Kenny and cherry picking scripture out of its context does not support your claims here either. I never said to you that there was an 8th day so I do not know what you are talking about here. So I guess you have no response to the post you were quoting from Kenny? Lets be honest now. You did not post a single scripture earlier that says Gods seventh day Sabbath commandment is now abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus or that Sunday or the first day of the week is "the Lords day" now did you.
Hebrews 4:10
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
According to Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 no one enters into Gods seventh day Sabbath rest if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says. According to Hebrews 3:8-19 no one enters into Gods rest in sin (breaking Gods law) and unbelief (not believing Gods Word). This is a warning to all those who do not believe Gods Word and break His commandments. Context is king here and you are disregarding it. Happy to prove why if you are interested.

Take Care.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

It depends on what you believe. If a person believes that the talmud 3 opinion thing explains the Jewish part, there really is no rational discussion because it's 2 men 3 opinions type thing.

YoursTrue

Again so what? I am sure you know that I was referring to Gods Sabbath commandment as counted in both the Hebrew and Protestant bible from Exodus 20:8-11 which is the topic of this OP right?
Why call it the Protestant Bible?

YoursTrue

I am being honest with you. As posted earlier, the seventh day of creation has ended.

Genesis 2:1-3 1, Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2, And ON THE SEVENTH DAY GOD ENDED THE WORK WHICH HE HAD MADE; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3, And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

That is why we have a SEVEN DAY WEEK AND GOD'S SABBATH COMMANDMENT in Exodus 20:8-11 which is simply every seventh day of the week. Its a memorial of the finished work of creation. (see Genesis 2:1-3). Where does it say that the days of creation are not a normal day as we have them today? According to these scriptures the night and the day makes up a day as we have it today in Gods time (See Genesis 1:4-5). Forgive me dear friend but I prefer what the scriptures say.

Take Care.
No it doesn't say the 7th day of creation has ended. Sorry. Look at it again. It says God rested from all the work he had made on the 7th day . Every other day has a beginning and end. Not the 7th day. What do you think it means that he rested? Did he need a break or vacation? Was he a bit tired you think?

YoursTrue

Take Care.
Ok in order for me to settle this discussion do you think that each 'day' of creation had 24 hours each?

YoursTrue

Take Care.
Speaking of which do you think God rests on Sunday or whichever day you think is the Sabbath day? Rests from all His work, or whatever?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Well that is not true Kenny and cherry picking scripture out of its context does not support your claims here either. I never said to you that there was an 8th day so I do not know what you are talking about here. So I guess you have no response to the post you were quoting from Kenny? Lets be honest now. You did not post a single scripture earlier that says Gods seventh day Sabbath commandment is now abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus or that Sunday or the first day of the week is "the Lords day" now did you.
This is so wrong on so many points. Here are three

1) You have basically judged people on Sabbaths - which you were told not to.
2) Every day is a holy day for me... I have entered into the eternal Sabbath fulfilling the commandment
3) There is a difference between "no single scripture" vs "I don't like your scriptures"

According to Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 no one enters into Gods seventh day Sabbath rest if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says. According to Hebrews 3:8-19 no one enters into Gods rest in sin (breaking Gods law) and unbelief (not believing Gods Word). This is a warning to all those who do not believe Gods Word and break His commandments. Context is king here and you are disregarding it. Happy to prove why if you are interested.

Take Care.

Again... a violation of so many scriptures.

Hebrews 4:8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

1) The sin was "not believing" - That which is not of faith is sin. I have entered into rest and have ceased from works as God did... you would like to reestablish your works as the modus of operandi.
2) Taking the whole of Hebrews - "Without faith it is impossible to please God" - not "Without works..." There is a work that comes from faith but it is not by works lest any man should boast.
3) You just negated the sacrifice for sins as stipulated by Hebrews. Are you perfect in works? For that matter, are you perfect in faith? Are you saying you have not sinned?
4) No one is justified by the law... if you have broken one part of the law, you have broken all ... you are justified by faith for the just shall live by faith.

Thus, I am in my year of Jubilee, my debt is paid for and now am in the eternal Sabbath... for me, it is the eternal 7th day as I have ceased from my "works". You may do works because you "have to" - I have works because I want to. You may condemn yourself for not being perfect in the commandments of the Law - I have no condemnation because I walk by the Spirit of life. There is no 8th day - won't you enter into His rest?

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Your response here...

Take Care.
Just wondering if you believe God takes every Sunday off to rest? You know like to take a break, refresh Himself, think about His works during the other six days? I look forward to your answer, 3rdAngel. Thanks. Again, that 7th day of creation --- were humans created on the first creative day in Genesis, by the way? So 2 questions here: 1. do you think God takes a refresher every Sunday? 2. were humans created on the first day of creation in Genesis?

3rdAngel

Why call it the Protestant Bible?
The protestant bible includes the same old testament books as the Hebrew bible and is different to the Catholic bible.

3rdAngel

No it doesn't say the 7th day of creation has ended. Sorry. Look at it again. It says God rested from all the work he had made on the 7th day . Every other day has a beginning and end. Not the 7th day. What do you think it means that he rested? Did he need a break or vacation? Was he a bit tired you think?
Nonsense. Where does it say in the bible that the 7th day of the creation week has not ended? As posted earlier, according to the scriptures, in

Take Care.

3rdAngel

Ok in order for me to settle this discussion do you think that each 'day' of creation had 24 hours each?
Not necessarily as it depends on the season. (e.g. summer longer days and winter shorter). According to the scriptures as posted earlier for you, a day in Gods time includes the darkness of night first followed by the daylight or day second. The evening (darkness) and the morning of daylight comes second. Together, the night and the daylight make up a day.

GENESIS 1:5 5, And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
GENESIS 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
GENESIS 1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
GENESIS 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
GENESIS 1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
GENESIS 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Again, that is why we have a SEVEN DAY WEEK AND GOD'S SABBATH COMMANDMENT in Exodus 20:8-11 which is simply every seventh day of the week. Its a memorial of the finished work of creation. (see Genesis 2:1-3).

Again, where does it say that the days of creation are not a normal day as we have them today or that the seventh day is not finished? If the seventh day was not finished we would not have a seven day week. Think your argument through. Forgive me dear friend but I prefer what the scriptures say.

Take Care.