• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

Deleted. When you admit the two facts that I stated, I will read your post. Til then, I will simply continue deleting your posts.
Addressed already with a detailed scripture response in post # 2456 linked and post # 2457 linked. You simply choose to close your eyes and ears and to delete Gods Word as many do today in fulfillment of Isaiah 6:9-10. We should be careful that if we delete Gods Word from our lives that God does not end up deleting us from His

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The scriptures provided in my posts are all Gods Word dear friend that are in disagreement with your words that are not Gods Word. As posted earlier ignoring Gods Word and deleting them do not make them disappear. They become our judge come judgement day according to the Word s of Jesus in John 12:47-48.
I have no problems with Bible verses in general. My problem is ONLY that the verses you are citing have no relevance to the question at hand. Thus, I will continue to delete your posts when you cite these random verses.

3rdAngel

Again, it is the most reprehensible form of arrogance for you to say that YOUR posts are God's words.
Again dear friend, the scriptures provided in my posts are indeed all Gods Word (scripture) and these scriptures are in disagreement with your words that are not Gods Word (scripture). As posted earlier ignoring Gods Word (scripture) and deleting them do not make them disappear. They become our judge come judgement day according to the Words of Jesus in John 12:47-48. We should be careful therefore because if we delete Gods Word from our lives and choose not to believe and follow them, then God will end up deleting us from His. You are just repeating yourself here dear friend without addressing any of the posts and scripture content shared with you for your correction that is in direct disagreement with you. Closing our eyes and ears in fulfillment of Isaiah 6:9-10 does not make Gods Word (scripture) disappear.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

I have no problems with Bible verses in general. My problem is ONLY that the verses you are citing have no relevance to the question at hand. Thus, I will continue to delete your posts when you cite these random verses.
Well it seems you kind of do have a problem dear friend. You have been provided Gods Word (scripture) that are in disagreement with your words (not scripture or Gods Word) proving that everything you have been saying here is not truthful, unsupported with scripture, and in disagreement with scripture. Lets talk more when you can prove what you say. Lets be honest. So far you had failed at that. The supporting scripture evidence showing why you are in error and made for your correction you chose to ignore and not respond to has already been provided for you in post # 2428 linked; post # 2432 linked; post # 2438 linked; post # 2443 linked; and post # 2452 linked. You are free to believe as you wish dear friend. I will leave it between you and God whose words you choose to ignore to work out. Lets talk more when you want to discuss your claims that have already been refuted in the linked posts you refuse to discuss.

You take Care now.

IndigoChild5559

Again dear friend, the scriptures provided in my posts are indeed all Gods Word dear friend that are in disagreement with your words that are not Gods Word. As posted earlier ignoring Gods Word and deleting them do not make them disappear. They become our judge come judgement day according to the Word s of Jesus in John 12:47-48. We should be careful that if we delete Gods Word from our lives that God does not end up deleting us from His. Your just repeating yourself without addressing any of the posts and scriptures share with you that are in disagreement with you. Closing our eyes and ears in fulfillment of Isaiah 6:9-10 does not make them disappear.
blah blah blah. your posts are STILL not god's words.

IndigoChild5559

Agreed. You are deleting my posts, with all the scriptures in them that are Gods Word not my words, disagreeing with your words that are not Gods Word.
ROFL. It's not going to work. If you keep sending me posts that have irrelevant verses, I will continue deleting them, and I won't bat an eye.

3rdAngel

ROFL. It's not going to work. If you keep sending me posts that have irrelevant verses, I will continue deleting them, and I won't bat an eye.
Sorry dear friend but I do not believe you. I have not sent you irrelevant scriptures and you continue to ignore Gods Words (scripture) with your words that are not Gods Word (scripture). Well it seems you kind of do have a problem dear friend. You have been provided Gods Word (scripture) that are in disagreement with your words (not scripture or Gods Word) proving that everything you have been saying here is not truthful, unsupported with scripture, and in disagreement with scripture. Lets talk more when you can prove what you say. Lets be honest. So far you had failed at that. The supporting scripture evidence showing why you are in error and made for your correction you chose to simply ignore and not respond to has already been provided for you in post # 2428 linked; post # 2432 linked; post # 2438 linked; post # 2443 linked; and post # 2452 linked. You are free to believe as you wish dear friend. I will leave it between you and God whose words you choose to ignore and delete. Lets talk more when you want to discuss your claims that have already been refuted in the linked posts and scriptures that you refuse to discuss.

You take Care now.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

SUNDAY WORSHIP IS NOT THE LORD'S DAY

The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question
  • WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.
2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Yes, Certainly, The Lord's Day is the Sabbath Day.

Lord's Day

The Lord's Day in Christianity is generally Sunday, the principal day of communal worship. It is observed by most Christians as the weekly memorial of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who is said in the canonical Gospels to have been witnessed alive from the dead early on the first day of the week.

According to some sources, Christians held the Sabbath as resting day, commemorating the God's Commandment, which said that the Sabbath should be the day of resting, according to Exodus. 20:08. After Constantine the Great's in 321 and the Council of Laodicea from 363, the Christian rulers decided that the commandment of God is no more valid, now being needed to follow the commandments of people, switching in this sense the day of rest to Sunday, and by 361 AD it had become a mandated weekly occurrence.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Yes, Certainly, The Lord's Day is the Sabbath Day.
There is absolutely no verse in teh Bible that identifies that "the Lord's Day" is the Sabbath Day. Furthermore, if you read the writings of the Apostolic Fathers, you learn that the gentile churches gave up keeping the Sabbath, and chose Sunday as their day to assemble.
" no longer living for the Sabbath, but for the Lord's Day" == Ignatius. This quote definitely says that the Sabbath is not the Lord's Day.

3rdAngel

There is absolutely no verse in teh Bible that identifies that "the Lord's Day" is the Sabbath Day. Furthermore, if you read the writings of the Apostolic Fathers, you learn that the gentile churches gave up keeping the Sabbath, and chose Sunday as their day to assemble.
" no longer living for the Sabbath, but for the Lord's Day" == Ignatius. This quote definitely says that the Sabbath is not the Lord's Day.
Sorry dear friend but the bible disagrees with you and your post has no truth in it. Your probably better off to do some more research before posting here as it is clear that you do not know the scriptures, the Greek meaning of Revelation 1:10, and Christian church history and application and use of the term "the Lords day" which is a reference used by some in the early Church well after the death of Jesus and all the Apostles to try and justify the change of Gods seventh day Sabbath commandment to Sunday the first day of the week in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. Here let me help. "The Lord's day" from Revelation 1:10 of the new testament, is commonly referred to by mainstream Christianity today and after the death of the Apostles, as Sunday in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. This tradition and teaching however has no scriptural connection. It is simply a man-made teaching and tradition that is unsupported by scripture.

Please pay attention;

REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος

In the Koine Greek the meaning of the word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20, 23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture. According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question

WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD OF THE SABBATH DAY

This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

WHAT SCRIPTURE FROM THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT PROVE "THE LORDS DAY" IS THE SABBATH DAY?

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
  • EZEKIEL 20:20 20, And hallow MY SABBATHS; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day" yet as proven above and in this OP there are many scriptures in the old and new testament that show Gods claims to ownership and authority over the Sabbath day and Jesus himself claiming he is Lord of the Sabbath day.

Seems like Gods Word disagrees with your words again dear friend.

Receive Gods correction and be blessed. Ignoring it does not make it disappear.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Then you would need to prove your idea. So far all you have posted is your words disagreeing with the scriptures that have been shared with you (evidence). So your argument is with God not me.
I write what God says not what I say, so God and I are on the same page.