• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
So that is a no then? You are unable to address the post and the scripture content you are quoting from that is in disagreement with you because it exposes what you say has no truth in it. Do those scriptures mention the day that God claims direct ownership and authority over as the Lords day? Yes or No?
I could address your post if I chose, but I choose not to waste my time. I don't even need to look the citations up, because I've already reserached this issue, and know for a fact that the only place in the Bible that the Lord's Day is mentioned is Revelation 1:10, and in that verse, it doesn't tell which day of the week the Lord's Day is. In short, NO VERSE EXISTS in the bible that tells which day the Lord's Day is.

I've explained that to you many times, and your response is to send me yet another lengthy post in which you quote irrelevant verses. I am NEVER going to read them. They go straight to Delete.

3rdAngel

I could address your post if I chose, but I choose not to waste my time. I don't even need to look the citations up, because I've already reserached this issue, and know for a fact that the only place in the Bible that the Lord's Day is mentioned is Revelation 1:10, and in that verse, it doesn't tell which day of the week the Lord's Day is. In short, NO VERSE EXISTS in the bible that tells which day the Lord's Day is.

I've explained that to you many times, and your response is to send me yet another lengthy post in which you quote irrelevant verses. I am NEVER going to read them. They go straight to Delete.
Well that claim is not true at all. All the scriptures posted to you earlier are directly relevant to identifying what day is the Lords day because they all identify what day the Lords day. Evidence already provided from the scriptures.
  1. The meaning of the Koine Greek from "the Lords day" (τη κυριακη ημερα) literally means the day that the Lord claims direct ownership over.
  2. Any scripture that shows what day the Lord claims both authority and ownership over is "the Lords day".
  3. Matthew 12:8 and Mark 2:28 directly state Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath day in the new testament scriptures (Rev 1:10 is NT scripture).
  4. Isaiah 58:13-14; Lev. 19:30 and Ezekiel 20:12; 20 from the OT all state Gods direct claim of ownership over the Sabbath day.
  5. There is no other scripture in all the bible where God claims ownership over with man in regards to any other day of the week.
  6. The only day identified in the scriptures as "the Lords day" is the Sabbath day.
  7. Every scripture quoted to you has to do with Gods ownership and authority of the day and is identified as being the Sabbath day (the Lords day).
You are given 7 reasons of proof and supporting scripture evidence including the Koine Greek meaning of Rev. 1:10 as shown above proving why every one of the scriptures I have posted earlier are directly relevant and prove from the scriptures that the Sabbath day is defined in the scriptures alone as being "the Lords day". If you disagree you will need to prove from the scriptures why those seven points above taken from scripture alone are as you say "irrelevant"? If you cannot why do you deny Gods Words with your words? According to the scriptures, only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow them according to Romans 3:4 and all you bring to this discussion is your words disagreeing with Gods. Something to pray about.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

In short, NO VERSE EXISTS in the bible that tells which day the Lord's Day is.
So that is a no then? You are unable to address the post and the scripture content you are quoting from that is in disagreement with you because it exposes what you say as having no truth in it. Do those scriptures mention the day that Jesus and God claims direct ownership and authority over as the Lords day? Yes or No?

WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD OF THE SABBATH DAY
See also. Mark 2:27-28; Isaiah 58:13-14; Leviticus 19:30; Ezekiel 20:12 and Ezekiel 20:20

YES/NO?

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Nope. completely irrelevant because they don't mention the Lord's Day.
Then we have Gods Word answering the same question disagreeing with your words that state verbatim...
What day is Jesus claiming He is Lord over?

IndigoChild5559

You are deleting Gods Words that you disagree with not mine. We can agree to disagree though.
No, we cannot agree to disagree. It is factual that there is no place in the Bible that identifies teh Lord's Day as the sabbath. It is also factual that extra biblical sources identify the Lord's Day as Sunday.

3rdAngel

No, we cannot agree to disagree. It is factual that there is no place in the Bible that identifies teh Lord's Day as the sabbath. It is also factual that extra biblical sources identify the Lord's Day as Sunday.
Well lets be honest you have not provided any facts. All you have provided is your words disagreeing with the scriptures shared with you that are Gods Word. It is a not being honest or truthful in my mind to say that there is no scripture that identifies what day the Lord day is. You were provided many scriptures proving that the day God claims ownership and authority over is the Sabbath day (Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:27-28; Isaiah 58:13-14; Leviticus 19:30; Ezekiel 20:12 and Ezekiel 20:20). Then provided a further seven proofs from the scripture you refuse to respond to proving this that you were unwilling to respond to. Furthermore, this OP is not asking what are the extra biblical sources outside of the bible written 100s of years after the death of Jesus and the Apostles that are in support of this false teaching that claims Sunday is "the Lords day". It is asking for scripture that proves Sunday is the Lords day. There is none. That is the only part you have been right about.

Lets be honest and start slowly...

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Well lets be honest you have not provided any facts.
Sure I have. Fact number 1: there is NO PLACE in the Bible that tells us which day of the week the "Lord's Day" is. Fact number 2: Extrabiblical Christian sources identify the Lord's Day as Sunday. These two are absolutely undisputable, and until you acknowledge that, we have nothing to say to each other.

3rdAngel

Sure I have. Fact number 1: there is NO PLACE in the Bible that tells us which day of the week the "Lord's Day" is.
Lets examine your facts and look at the detail. Once again lets be honest you have not provided any facts that have not been refuted already in earlier posts. You are just repeating yourself without responding to the posts that have already debunked your claims here. It is a not being honest or truthful to say that there is no scripture that identifies what day the Lord day is. You were provided many scriptures proving that the day God claims ownership and authority over is the Sabbath day (Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:27-28; Isaiah 58:13-14; Leviticus 19:30; Ezekiel 20:12 and Ezekiel 20:20). Then provided a further seven proofs from the scripture you refuse to respond to proving this that you were unwilling to respond to.
Fact number 2: Extrabiblical Christian sources identify the Lord's Day as Sunday. These two are absolutely undisputable, and until you acknowledge that, we have nothing to say to each other.
This OP is not asking what are the extra biblical sources outside of the bible written 100s of years after the death of Jesus and the Apostles that are in support of this false teaching that claims Sunday is "the Lords day". It is asking for scripture that proves Sunday is the Lords day. There is none. That is the only part you have been right about. So no. Your claim here also does not address the OP either now does it.

Lets be honest you have no facts to support your view.

Lets start slowly...

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

We should be careful that if we delete Gods Word from our lives that God does not end up deleting us from His. Ignoring Gods Word does not make them disappear (see John 12:47-48).

Take Care.
Your posts are not God's words. What an arrogant ....

3rdAngel

Your posts are not God's words. What an arrogant ....
The scriptures provided in my posts are all Gods Word dear friend that are in disagreement with your words that are not Gods Word. As posted earlier ignoring Gods Word and deleting them do not make them disappear. They become our judge come judgement day according to the Word s of Jesus in John 12:47-48.