• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

samtonga43

The evidence is that the translations do not make any sense when the wrong word is used but if makes perfect sense when the right translated word is used. The Trinitarians were desperate to claim Jesus as God so they were made to every way to make it seem so : This is why Jesus says in the book of Revelation that there will be serious consequences for those who do this very thing!!
You still do not understand. You really must try to read more carefully. Where is your evidence that “TRINITARIAN translators were commanded to make an object into a person for the sake of trinity belief”
?

The Old Testament Hebrew doesn’t have capitalisations either - what are you trying to squirm away from???
:facepalm: Says Soapy, as he squirms away from the fact that he actually thought that the O.T. was translated from the Greek. As I thought, he knows less about Scripture than he would have us believe.
What’s wrong with ‘Stolen’? ‘Borrowed’, Is that better?
Well, of course it’s better! Can’t you tell the difference in meaning between ‘borrowed’ and ‘stolen’? If not, you could end up in serious trouble…
Nah! You are just upset that YOUR straw man has just been burnt down…. Trinity means THREE… and trinitarian belief is that there are THREE PERSONS (entities) who are an impossible ONE GOD!!
Another strawman. Trinity does not mean three. And you are going much too much shouting, Soapy. Watch that B.P.!
Trinity means the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead.
Oh, and by the way, Soapy -- you don’t have the strength to ‘burn down’ the Triune God. What a ridiculous fantasy world you must live in.
Oh, wow! You are actually admitting that there is no such thing as ‘Godhead’ in scriptures!!!
Strawman again! I am actually admitting nothing of the kind. Your limited understanding, tells you that if you cannot read the seven letters of ‘Godhead’ in the scriptures, then there is no Godhead. This naivety of yours must lead you to the ridiculous conclusion that Scripture says nothing about responsibility or discipleship, for example.
We, in turn, create electronic worlds inside computer structures and put images of ourselves (Avatars!) into those worlds because we are ‘Gods’… we are like God who creates and gives life to that which he creates… our SPIRIT is in those avatars just as the Spirit of God is in His human creation.
“We are like God”
And there we have it, folks! Soapy, there is NO analogy anywhere, at any time that could possibly lead to the conclusion that we are like God. Don’t be silly.
What are you on? I said over and over in many many threads and post exactly what scriptures says - that Jesus Christ is the ‘Last Adam’. This means that Jesus was created in the same way (metaphorically speaking) in that a lifeless ‘body’ was inspirited through the power of the spirit of God and became a sinless, righteous, and holy living Soul. Adam, the first Adam, sinned, so a SECOND ‘Adam’ was required - and since no other ‘Adam’ would ever be created, Jesus was also, therefore, the LAST ADAM.
If you cannot understand this either, it makes sense that you cannot understand graver and deeper matters in scriptures.
I neither understand nor believe your interpretation of Scripture, Soapy. Here is what Trinitarians believe:
“The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven” (1 Corinthians 15:45-49).
So, you are wrong; most Trinitarians do not deny that Christ is the new Adam.

samtonga43

Or are you one of those who claim Jesus IS GOD: is Father: Is the Spirit of God??
No, you still don’t get it. How many times do I have to say that Jesus is not the Father, nor the Holy Spirit. This is not what I, as a Trinitarian, believe. A bit of advice, Soapy; throw out all that straw. It is wrecking your so-called ‘argument’.
Oh, you are so naive!! ‘God’ is a TITLE.
We are speaking here of God in a certain context, Soapy. Had you not noticed?
You say that God is: A title
I say that God is: The eternal, supreme being who created and preserves all things. He is both transcendent and immanent. He is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
A title can belong to many persons or entities. The Egyptians had many God, the philistines had many gods, the Greeks, the Romans, the Hittites, the Canaanites, etc…. all believed in multiple Gods. Even the ONE GOD that the Jews believed in called men of godly glory “GOD’s”, holy angels are called “Gods”….
No. There are multiple gods, but only one God.
The reason we read “God” concerning the Jews in scriptures, is because since the Jews only believed in ONE GOD they did not need to GIVE OR USE A NAME when referring to Him!! They simply referred to Him by his TITLE in short “only … God…. of the Jews’. Do you not notice that when any OTHER GOD is referred to their NAME is used to identify them.
Have you not noticed that when any other god is referred to, they are referred to as ‘god’?
And I know what you are thinking: NO!! A GOD is a DEITY that it’s believed to be a spiritual RULER. So they DO NOT HAVE TO BE REAL…. They simply requires BELIEVING ON…. Remember the Golden Calf made by the Israelites: Exo 32:23 & 32:31 - ‘They have made themselves Gods of gold’.
No. Look again. Not Gods of gold, but gods of gold.
(Interestingly enough, all the translations says ‘GODS’ (plural) even though ONLY ONE CALF IDOL was made!!)
No. not Gods, but gods.
Wow!! Who is teaching you? … sack them!!!
God. And I can’t sack Him. He holds me in the palm of His hand.
I don’t think you know much at all. That’s why your posts never really go anywhere close to a resolution. After all, with all the errors you are making regarding scriptures, it’s a shame you don’t realise that myriad errors don’t make up for one truth!
Empty words, Soapy. But if they make you feel better about yourself…
Moreover, what I said was that BOTH YOU AND 3rdAngel ARE WRONG… so if you argue with each other it is like two people both trying to convince each other of something that are both false…
And that offends you?
Of course not. Why would that offend me? I just consider the source of the comparison.

However, you should be ashamed. You are squirming away from your own words, aren’t you, Soapy? Here they are:

“ I wonder if 3rdAngel is going to jump in here and ask you to PROVE THAT Jesus IS GOD….!!! Then you and he can accuse each other like Satan fighting Satan!!”

You are comparing any forthcoming argument between 3rdAngel and myself as being between satan and satan.

Are you not man enough to stop squirming and apologize?

(Note that satan does not deserve capital letters).

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
No, you still don’t get it. How many times do I have to say that Jesus is not the Father, nor the Holy Spirit. This is not what I, as a Trinitarian, believe. A bit of advice, Soapy; throw out all that straw. It is wrecking your so-called ‘argument’.
I see you are afraid to expose what you believe about your multiple gods: god the Father; god the son; god the Holy Spirit!

Jesus was a man whom the god of heaven anointed with his power by his spirit. Jesus, himself, declared that god had ‘set him aside for greatness: Priesthood and kingship’… Consecrated him and by so enabled him to do great things (called ‘Miracles’ in the scriptures…)

Notice that Jesus did not do any of these miracles until after he was anointed ‘With Holy Spirit and Power’ (Acts 10:37-38).

The Apostles, likewise, did ‘Miracles’ by means of the spirit of god in them after being anointed with god’s spirit at Pentecost.

The greatness of God in man is seen by the operation of the spirit of god in them - God’s active force enabling man to carry out unheard of positive things in the world.

Yet you know that the spirit of the one true God is not a person. ‘It’ is the personal spirit of Yahweh. It is the means by which Yahweh carries out the things He declares both in Heaven and in the created world - indeed, to create the created world: all things were created BY IT and there is nothing created that was not created BY IT.

God spoke: ‘Let there be light!’ and His almighty spirit acted to bring it to realisation.

This is why it is said that the word of Yahweh is ‘God’… it means that Yahweh’s utterances are ALMIGHTY… Monumental… Irresistible … All Powerful…
We are speaking here of God in a certain context, Soapy. Had you not noticed?
You say that God is: A title
I say that God is: The eternal, supreme being who created and preserves all things. He is both transcendent and immanent. He is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
That is exactly the problem. I stated the context saying ‘THE WORD “God” is a TITLE’. But since it is a convincing statement you choose to ignore my context and inject your own.

Let me say it again: “The word “God” is a TITLE.

You know that a title can belong to many individuals since it describes a station of authority, of position, of status:
  • ‘Yahweh is Father’ yet all normal humans have a biological ‘Father’ - yet that human’s biological Father is not Yahweh
  • ‘Charles is KING’ yet Yahweh is KING - but Charles is not Yahweh!
  • ‘Yahweh is God’ but Satan is also ‘GOD’ but not the God of all Gods
  • Moses was called ‘God’ but he wasn’t YAHWEH
I shouldn’t be teaching you this except because you are purposely pretending to be ignorant in this regard.
No. There are multiple gods, but only one God.
You are falling purposely or ignorantly for the old tactic of relating to CAPITAL letters for ‘God’ and lower case for ‘gods’… or even a named GOD that is not Yahweh…. The capitalisation (‘G’) is only for readability - it carries no importance at all in terms of scriptural truth. We could just as rightly write:
  • ‘Yahweh is god of all gods’
In fact, in John 1:1 only Trinitarians capitalise the ‘W’ in ‘Word’ and emphasise the indefinite article (‘The’) as though it were a title ‘The Word’. It is not so - it is simply “God’s word” (his spoken utterance).
Have you not noticed that when any other god is referred to, they are referred to as ‘god’?
The reality has nothing to do with any capitalisation (as shown above). But why it is done is to alert the reader to the JUDAISTIC/Christian VIEW. It is used as a SHORT CUT of the full TITLE:
  • ‘The god of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob’, ‘The god of the Jews / Israelites’
The writers of the scriptures did not (rightly) desire to keep writing ‘The God of …..’ and BECAUSE ‘god’ on its own in a sentence without a context it is taken as meaning: ‘The God of the Jews / Israelites / Christians / Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob’. Point of fact, all mentioning of ‘god’ is put in terms of a context or status position:
  • ‘The god of this system of things’: Satan
  • ‘The god of the philistines’: Baal, Dagon, etc.
  • ‘The god over Pharoah’: Moses
And an even simpler example is:
  • ‘God of all whom are called God(s)’
This is expressing that though there are mighty ones in the world, the god (context…) of heaven is greater than all of them. IT DOES NOT DENY (it even PROCLAIMS) that there are others whom are called ‘god’.

If you are afraid of this simple reality then it is indicative of your inability to understand greater matters.
No. Look again. Not Gods of gold, but gods of gold.
But look again… there was ONLY ONE GOLDEN CALF!!!
No. not Gods, but gods.
See above about capitalisation purposes. If you were reading the verses in Greek, or Hebrew, or Aramaic, would there have been capitalisations in the verses??? So can you not see that it is the TRANSLATORS who CHOSE to emphasise the word ‘God’ with capital ‘G’ when translating to ENGLISH.
God. And I can’t sack Him. He holds me in the palm of His hand.

Empty words, Soapy. But if they make you feel better about yourself…

Of course not. Why would that offend me? I just consider the source of the comparison.

However, you should be ashamed. You are squirming away from your own words, aren’t you, Soapy? Here they are:

You are comparing any forthcoming argument between 3rdAngel and myself as being between satan and satan.

Are you not man enough to stop squirming and apologize?
(Note that satan does not deserve capital letters).
Ha ha ha…. Personal names and titles are generally first-letter capitalised as an emphasis. ‘Satan’ is a TITLE… it is not a NAME. It means: ‘Accuser / Adversary’ and is applied to ANYONE who WRONGLY AND HIGHLY ERRS against another person. It is applied more often to THE ANGEL who first opposed and caused humanity to oppose the command of God. So just as the title ‘God’ can be applied to anyone of highly glorious, powerful, ultimate authorative status, etc, so also the title of ‘Satan’ can be applied to someone who greatly wrongfully opposes a truth from someone else. But since it is almost a sin to accuse anyone so wrongfully high, it is generally not used of humans.
But Jesus, with authority, accused certain Jews of being ‘Sons of Satan’ (paraphrased) - meaning that these Jews were so badly opposing the word of god that they resembled the angel who was the ‘Father of the lie’…”The Satan”.

Last edited:

Soapy

Thank you for your reply :)
To answer your question of me providing scripture from the Bible, I have to say i can not do so, since I have little knowledge about the scriptures that is the Bible.
My only reason for answering the first time in this OP was that I seached for Sabbath day, and when I saw both a Jewish and a Christian Sabbath day, I replied with the links.

I understand that my limited knowledge about the topic in discussion make it impossible for me to reply further, but that is ok :)
That’s a great reply…. Otherwise 3rdAngel would try to chase you into hell to prove every minutiae of your claim. This way you won’t have him eternally on your accusing you of not answering him even after you have: his favourite tactic!

Soapy

See last response to you above. Proving different Hebrew words meanings to Sabbath (H7676) and rest (H7673). Rest is the root word which is a verb of where Sabbath which is a descriptive noun comes from. God's 4th commandment Sabbath is the seventh day noun not a verb (rest) that it comes from. Do you understand that the Hebrew for rest and Sabbath are two different Hebrew words (H7676 Shabbath and H7673 Shabath) and do you know the difference between a noun and a verb?
So that’s a no answer to my questions from you, then???

I knew it - I knew it….

3rdAngel

I already know this - that’s why I wrote it to you since you don’t seem to know it!
Sorry I do not believe you but at least you might know the difference now between the meanings of Sabbath (shabbath H7676 noun) and Rest (shabath H7373 verb) now and they are not the same thing in the Hebrew.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

So that’s a no answer to my questions from you, then???I knew it - I knew it….
Well that is not truthful sadly. Your question was answered with evidence disagreeing with your words that are not Gods' Word as provided from a number of Hebrew Dictionaries shown below and linked online Hebrew text analysis resources also linked in the post after this one. So it is definitely a no for your view that Sabbath means rest and not the seventh day of the week as proven in post # 2077 linked that you do not want to respond to. As posted earlier, you need to buy yourself a Hebrew Greek Dictionary as well as a Lexicon and Interlinear and google up on how to use them. Your question here on the Hebrew words for rest (H7673) and Sabbath (H7676) that comes from the former have already been answered in post # 1689 linked and in post # 2047 linked. Here let me highlight the key parts and provide more evidence for you...

HEBREW DICTIONARY

SABBATH (H7676)

Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM, Strong - H7676
שַׁבָּת (shabbâth | shab-bawth')

Derivation: intensive from שָׁבַת; (H7673 - rest)
Strong's: intermission, i.e (specifically) the Sabbath
KJV: ([phrase] every) sabbath.
Cognate Group: H7673 (cease), H7676 (sabbath), H7678 (Shabbethai), H4868 (sabbath), H7674 (cease), H7677 (rest)

Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon, Unabridged - H7676
H7676. shabbath
שַׁבָּת noun feminine Ex 31:41+ and masculineIsa 66:2, 6 (under influence of יוֺם in frequent הַשּׁ ׳יוֺם, AlbrZAW xvi (1896), 47) sabbath ( = ת + שׁבת; Late Hebrew שַׁבָּת, Aramaic שַׁבְּתָא, ; perhaps Assyrian šabattum (||um nu— libbi, day of rest of heart (i.e. propitiation) [of deity]: only in lexical Tablets); compare LotzQuaest. de hist. Sabbati, 1883 JenZA iv (1889), 274 ff. (doubts connection of Assyrian word with Hebrew Sabbath) IdS. S. Times, Jan. 16, 1892, 35 f. Muss-ArnJBL xi (1892), 93 SchwIdioticon 127; see (more recently) JastrAmos. J. Theol. ii (1898), 332 ff. ToyTBL xviii (1899), 190 ff. DrHast. DB SABBATH (1902) ZimKAT 3. 592 ff.; ZMG 1904, 199 ff. [15th day of month so called]458ff.); — absolute ׳שׁ Exod 16:25 64t.; construct שַׁבַּת 16:23 10t.; suffix שַׁבַּתּוֺ Num 28:10 3t. suffix; plural שַׁבָּתוֺת Lev 23:15 7t.; construct שַׁבְּתתֹ 23:38; 25:3, 8; suffix שַׁבְּתוֺתַי Isa 56:4 +, etc.; —
1 sabbath:
a. primitive ׳שׁ ליהוה Exod 16:25 (J), 20:10 = Deut 5:14 (ten words) Lev 23:3 (P); ׳הַשּׁ Exod 16:29 (J); שׁ ׳הַשְּׁבִיעִי בַּיוֺם 16:26 (J); on seventh day הַשַּׁבָּת יוֺם 20:8, 11 = Deut 5:12, 15 (ten words), so throughout; Exod 31:15 3t. P, Jer 17:21; Ezek 46:4; Neh 10:32 9t., + (|| new moon) Isa 1:13; Ezek 46:1; 2Kin 4:23; Amos 8:5, compare Isa 66:23 (twice in verse), also חג and מועד Hosea 2:13; time of change of watch in temple 2Kin 11:5, 7, 9 (twice in verse) = 2Chr 23:4, 8 (twice in verse); ׳הַשּׁ מיסך (in temple) 2Kin 16:18; originally observed simply by abstinence from labour Exod 20:9-10, = Deut 5:12-14; Exod 23:12 (E), 34:21 (J; BrHex. 181-195).
b. Deuteronomic reason for day is deliverance from Egypt Deut 5:15, hence its consecration, לְקַדְּשׁוֺ 5:12 = Exod 20:8; השׁ יום ׳קדּשׁ Jer 17:22, 24, 27 (especially no load carried), Ezek 20:20; 44:24.
c. intensified by anith. שׁ ׳חלּל Ezek 20:13 5t. Ezekiel; compare Neh 13:18. Phrases in H: (ה)שׁ ׳שׁמר Lev 19:3, 10; 26:2, then P Exod 31:13-14, 16; compare Isa 56:2, 4, 6; י ׳קדושׁ קָדְשִׁי, יוֺם: 58:13 (twice in verse) (with כבּד). H also שַׁבְּתֹתֵיכֶם Lev 26:35; הַשּׁ ׳מִמָּחֳרַת 23:11, 15, 16; שַׁבְּתוֺתַי 19:3, 30; 26:2; Isa 56:4; Ezek 20:12; 22:26, +8 t. Ezekiel; || מוֺעֵד Lam 2:6.
d. P gives as basis God's resting Exod 20:11; 31:17; י ׳שׁבתות Lev 23:38; ליהוה ׳שׁ קדשׁ Exod 16:23, compare Neh 9:14, ׳שׁ שׁבתון Exod 31:15; 35:2; Lev 23:3; השׁ ׳עשׂה Exod 31:16, שׁ ׳עֹלַת בְּשַׁבַּתּוֺ Num 28:10, compare Isa 66:23; הַשּׁ ׳בְּיוֺם הַשּׁ ׳בְּיוֺם Lev 24:8 on every sabbath, abbreviation שַׁבָּת שַׁבַּת 1Chr 9:32; לַשַּׁבָּתוֺת || חֳדָשִׁים + מועדים 23:31 3t. Chronicles, Neh 10:34 (ל omitted by error); work punished by stoning Num 15:32, 36; trade prohibited Neh 10:32; 13:15-21.
2 day of atonement is a שַׁבָּתוֺן שַׁבַּת Lev 16:31; 23:32 (P), compare שַׁבָּת שָׁבַת 23:32 (P).
3 sabbath year, שַׁבָּתוֺן שַׁבַּת Lev 25:4 (H); ליהוה שַׁבָּת 25:2; 25:4 (H), (הארץׅ רצה שַׁבְּתוֺתֶיהָ 26:34 (twice in verse); 26:43 (H), 2Chr 36:21.
4 = week(?): שַׁבָּתוֺת שֶׁבַע Lev 23:15 (H), seven sabbaths or weeks; (ה)שָּׁנִים שַׁבְּתתֹ שֶׁבַע 25:8; Lev 28:8 (H) seven sabbaths or weeks (of years), uncertain (see Mark 16:2, 9; Luke 18:12; Matt 28:1, compare Jewish-Aramaic usage); possibly שַׁבָּת Isa 66:23 = week (Du).
5 הָאָ֫רֶץ שַׁבַּת Lev 25:6 (H) = produce in sabbath year (growing of itself).

SCRIPTURAL DEFINITION
  • EXODUS 20:10 BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD...
REST / RESTED (H7673)

Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon, Unabridged - H7673
H7673. shabath

שָׁבַת71 verb cease, desist, rest (As šabâtu, probably cease, be completed DlWB ZimKAT 3. 593 (JenZA iv (1889), 277 f. is sceptical); Arabic cut off, interrupt; Late Hebrew has שֶׁבֶת neglect, etc., Aramaic שִׁבְתָּא cost of nealect); —
Qal27 Perfect3masculine singular ׳שׁ Gen 2:3 +; 3 plural שָׁבָ֑תוּ Lam 5:14, etc.; Imperfect3masculine singular יִשְׁבּוֺת Hosea 7:4; יִשְׁבֹּת Prov 22:10 2t.; 3 feminine singular תִּשְׁבֹּת Lev 26:35; תִּשְׁבַּת 26:34; Neh 6:3 +, etc.; —
1 cease: (absolute 13 t.) of seasons Gen 8:22 (J); manna Josh 5:12 (P), etc., Isa 14:4 (twice in verse); Neh 6:3 +; with מִן Hosea 7:4 3t.
2 desist from labour, rest:
a. with מִן (of god) Gen 2:2-3,(P).
b. מִן omitted, ב temporal Exod 23:12 (E), 16:30; 34:21 (J), 31:17 (P); שׁ וּבַקָּצִיר ׳בֶּחָרִישׁ 34:21 (J; i.e., even in these busy seasons).
c. land in 7th year Lev 26:34-35, (twice in verse) (H), 2Chr 36:21. — Lev 23:32; 25:2 see [ שָׁבַת] verb denominative below
Niph`al Perfect3masculine singular נִשְׁבַּת Isa 17:3 2t.; plural נִשְׁבְּתוּ Ezek 6:6; — cease: absolute 6:6; 30:18; 33:28; with מִן Isa 17:3.
Hiph`il40 Perfect3masculine singular הִשְׁבִּית Ruth 4:14 +; 2 masculine singular הִשְׁבַּתָּ Psa 89:45; 119:119, etc.; Imperfect3masculine singular יַשְׁבִּיתּ Prov 18:18; Dan 9:27; וַיַּשְׁבֵּת 2Kin 23:11; 2Chr 16:5, etc.; Infinitive construct הַשְׁבִּית Psa 8:3; לַשְׁבִּית Amos 8:4 (Ges§ 53q); Imperative masculine plural הַשְׁבִּ֫יתוּ Isa 30:11; Participle מַשְׁבִּית Jer 16:9; Psa 46:10; —
1 cause to cease, put an end to: with accusative mirth Hosea 2:13, work 2Chr 16:5; Neh 4:5; sacrifice Dan 9:27; war Psa 46:10, compare Isa 13:11; Ezek 7:24; Prov 18:18 6t., + ׳הִשׁ מִן שָׂשׂוֺן קוֺל Jer 7:34; 16:9, compare 48:33.
2 = exterminate, destroy: with accusative 2Kin 23:5, 11; Amos 8:4 (Now conjectures העשׁקים), Hosea 1:4; Psa 8:3; 119:119; with accusative + מִן, Jer 36:29, הָאָרֶץ מִן Lev 26:6 (H), Ezek 34:25; אלילים 30:13; Deut 32:26.
3 cause to desist from: with מִן Ezek 16:41; 34:10; Exod 5:5 (E = give rest from); לְבִלְתִּי infinitive Josh 22:25 (P).
4 remove ( = הֵסִיר מִן): with מִן Ezek 23:27, 48; Psa 89:45 (text dubious: read הִשְׁבַּתּוֺ [
3] ᵐ5 Du; הֹדוֺ מַטֵּה Herz Che, see also below טֳהָר); leaven מבתים Exod 12:15 (P); ׳הַשׁ ׳אֶחקֿ ׳ישׂר מִמָּנֵינוּ Isa 30:11.
5 cause to fail, let be lacking: salt מִנְחָתֶ֑ךָ מֵעַל Lev 2:12 (P); accusative pers + ל person Jer 48:35; Ruth 4:14.
[שָׁבַת] verb denominative keep, observe (sabbath);
Qal, with accusative of congnate meaning with verb; Perfect3feminine singular לי ׳שַׁבָּת הָאָרֶץ וְשָֽׁבְתָה Lev 25:2; 2masculine plural שַׁבַּתְּכֶ֑ם תִּשְׁבְּתוּ עַדעֶֿרֶב מֵעֶרֶב 23:32 (P).

As shown above the creation Sabbath of Genesis 2:1-3 and Gods' commandment in Exodus 20:10 and the scripture definition to the creation Sabbath of Gods' 4th commandment in Exodus 20:8-10 is the "seventh day of the week". The instructions on how to keep the "seventh day" that God blessed and made holy are given in Gods' 4th commandment in Exodus 20:8-10. As shown above the Hebrew and Greek noun of H7676 and G4521 shabbath of Gods 4th commandment does not mean rest. It is a noun that is descriptive or a name applied to "the seventh day of the week". The word that Sabbath comes from though is שָׁבַת (shâbath | H7673) shabath (note one b instead of 2 between H7676 and H7673) is from Genesis 2:1-3 and means rest and is a action verb. So we keep the Sabbath by resting on the "seventh day" of the week while the name of the "seventh day" of God's weekly creation is simply called "the Sabbath" which is the noun of what we are to rest on. Rest is the root word of shabbath which is a verb or action word of how the Sabbath is kept. The shabbath (Sabbath) is a noun or descriptive word of what is being kept by resting and it is defined in the Hebrew and the scriptures as "the seventh day" of the seek that God blessed, and made a holy day of rest. So even if you do not understand what you are writing here your link is agreeing with what I have already shared with you. Go look them up for yourself shabbath (H7676 - noun) is not the same as shabath (H7673 - verb). The former comes out of the latter meaning we rest on "the seventh day" of the week. The Sabbath (noun) means "the seventh day" not rest which is the root verb that Sabbath comes from in the Hebrew.

continued..

Last edited:

3rdAngel

@Soapy

More evidence to the above see links below from Biblehub...

Two different words..

Rest (H7673)
Text Analysis Hebrew Genesis 2:2 Hebrew Text Analysis

Rest H7673 Strong's Hebrew: 7673. שָׁבַת (shabath) -- to

Sabbath (H7676)
Text Analysis Hebrew Exodus 20:10 Hebrew Text Analysis

Sabbath H7676 Strong's Hebrew: 7676. שַׁבָּת (shabbath) -- sabbath

Receive God's correction and be blessed. The Hebrew word for Sabbath does not mean rest. The Sabbath meaning in context to Exodus 20:10 is "the seventh day" of the week. Another words we keep the Sabbath by resting (verb). The word Sabbath however which is a noun (descriptive of what is being kept by resting) is every seventh day of the week. Rest (H7673) and Sabbath (H7676) are two different words and not the same thing.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

That’s a great reply…. Otherwise 3rdAngel would try to chase you into hell to prove every minutiae of your claim. This way you won’t have him eternally on your accusing you of not answering him even after you have: his favourite tactic!
No need to be like that Soapy. Your evidence was provided. Own up to it, you were simply wrong again. I have no tactic other than sharing Gods' Words to those who will receive them and follow them so we can all receive Gods' blessings. We should not be afraid of discussing the scriptures because they lead us into the truth so we can see if what we believe is true or not true and discover if we are "in the faith" and following what Gods' Word says or not. This is why it is written "examine yourselves to see if you are in the faith or whether you be unbelievers". What we should be afraid of is not receiving Gods' correction and hardening our hearts to hearing and believing Gods' Word when we are in error and refuse to receive Gods' correction and be blessed. I pray that none us will walk that path here.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Soapy

Sorry I do not believe you but at least you might know the difference now between the meanings of Sabbath (shabbath H7676 noun) and Rest (shabath H7373 verb) now and they are not the same thing in the Hebrew.
Why are we discussing this?

Soapy

No need to be like that Soapy. Your evidence was provided. Own up to it, you were simply wrong again. I have no tactic other than sharing Gods' Words to those who will receive them and follow them so we can all receive Gods' blessings. We should not be afraid of discussing the scriptures because they lead us into the truth so we can see if what we believe is true or not true and discover if we are "in the faith" and following what Gods' Word says or not. This is why it is written "examine yourselves to see if you are in the faith or whether you be unbelievers". What we should be afraid of is not receiving Gods' correction and hardening our hearts to hearing and believing Gods' Word when we are in error and refuse to receive Gods' correction and be blessed. I pray that none us will walk that path here.

Take Care.
If what you say here is true then you would also express what Jesus, as the ambassador of God, said.

It seems to me that you are stuck in the Old Testament covenant and therefore deny all of the new covenant that came through Jesus Christ.

Jesus remonstrated with the Jews about mistreating the Sabbath day by apply overly rigorous restraints on that day.

But further to that, Jesus declared that in time to come, ‘and that time is now’, worship was no longer to be on the mountain nor in Jerusalem (in the temple) but in spirit and truth.

This means that to worship God there would be no need for an assembly as before. The emphasis is on ‘no need’, in that there is nothing wrong with CORPORATE WORSHIP in a ‘Church’ or ‘Synagogue’ but rather, it should be on a one-to-one personal basis so that rituals and regulations do not become a restraint.

And this release from regulations allow for worship on any day of the week that is considered as ‘a day of rest’ since, as we now see, six day work - one day rest, is not an absolute commonality among working people.

In the ‘past’, a strict six day work regime was in force, which meant that the seventh day was a common day for all Israelites / Jews. But with the incorporation of non-Jews (Gentiles) into the Salvation and belief in God and his Christ, and the expansion of industry and commerce encompassing the whole world (not just the region of the Jews in the time of Jesus) there would be seven day working across all systems. Therefore many people would not be ‘resting on a common seventh day’.

As such, keeping a ‘Seventh day Sabbath’ would mean a day given to your rest from work as commanded: ‘the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work’ (Exo 20:10)

A Sabbath day is an absolute necessity for ALL MANKIND… no one should work all seven days of seven day week - effectively being slaves to work or the rewards of work. Therefore, if your weekly work covers the whole of the seven day week you are required to have AT LEAST ONE DAY OF REST… This is your SABBATH DAY.

How is one going to say to his employer: ‘I’m not working on Friday sun down to Saturday sun down even though my work pattern requires this.’

Well, the answer is that you can say that but if all workers were to insist then many industries and businesses could not function properly. A furnace, for instance, requires 24/7 operation. Should part of the job interview be ‘We need workers on Friday to Saturday to keep the furnace at optimum temperature. Would you be keeping a Sabbath Day ritual?’

Ok, a couple of questions for you:
  1. Should those observing the Sabbath still make burnt offerings to God as the Israelites did (Num 28:9) - if not, why not?
  2. Should anyone not observing or violating the Sabbath day law still be put to death (Exo 31:15)?

Last edited:

Soapy

Well that is not truthful sadly. Your question was answered with evidence disagreeing with your words that are not Gods' Word as provided from a number of Hebrew Dictionaries shown below and linked online Hebrew text analysis resources also linked in the post after this one. So it is definitely a no for your view that Sabbath means rest and not the seventh day of the week as proven in post # 2077 linked that you do not want to respond to. As posted earlier, you need to buy yourself a Hebrew Greek Dictionary as well as a Lexicon and Interlinear and google up on how to use them. Your question here on the Hebrew words for rest (H7673) and Sabbath (H7676) that comes from the former have already been answered in post # 1689 linked and in post # 2047 linked. Here let me highlight the key parts and provide more evidence for you...

HEBREW DICTIONARY

SABBATH (H7676)

Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM, Strong - H7676
שַׁבָּת (shabbâth | shab-bawth')

Derivation: intensive from שָׁבַת; (H7673 - rest)
Strong's: intermission, i.e (specifically) the Sabbath
KJV: ([phrase] every) sabbath.
Cognate Group: H7673 (cease), H7676 (sabbath), H7678 (Shabbethai), H4868 (sabbath), H7674 (cease), H7677 (rest)

Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon, Unabridged - H7676
H7676. shabbath
שַׁבָּת noun feminine Ex 31:41+ and masculineIsa 66:2, 6 (under influence of יוֺם in frequent הַשּׁ ׳יוֺם, AlbrZAW xvi (1896), 47) sabbath ( = ת + שׁבת; Late Hebrew שַׁבָּת, Aramaic שַׁבְּתָא, ; perhaps Assyrian šabattum (||um nu— libbi, day of rest of heart (i.e. propitiation) [of deity]: only in lexical Tablets); compare LotzQuaest. de hist. Sabbati, 1883 JenZA iv (1889), 274 ff. (doubts connection of Assyrian word with Hebrew Sabbath) IdS. S. Times, Jan. 16, 1892, 35 f. Muss-ArnJBL xi (1892), 93 SchwIdioticon 127; see (more recently) JastrAmos. J. Theol. ii (1898), 332 ff. ToyTBL xviii (1899), 190 ff. DrHast. DB SABBATH (1902) ZimKAT 3. 592 ff.; ZMG 1904, 199 ff. [15th day of month so called]458ff.); — absolute ׳שׁ Exod 16:25 64t.; construct שַׁבַּת 16:23 10t.; suffix שַׁבַּתּוֺ Num 28:10 3t. suffix; plural שַׁבָּתוֺת Lev 23:15 7t.; construct שַׁבְּתתֹ 23:38; 25:3, 8; suffix שַׁבְּתוֺתַי Isa 56:4 +, etc.; —
1 sabbath:
a. primitive ׳שׁ ליהוה Exod 16:25 (J), 20:10 = Deut 5:14 (ten words) Lev 23:3 (P); ׳הַשּׁ Exod 16:29 (J); שׁ ׳הַשְּׁבִיעִי בַּיוֺם 16:26 (J); on seventh day הַשַּׁבָּת יוֺם 20:8, 11 = Deut 5:12, 15 (ten words), so throughout; Exod 31:15 3t. P, Jer 17:21; Ezek 46:4; Neh 10:32 9t., + (|| new moon) Isa 1:13; Ezek 46:1; 2Kin 4:23; Amos 8:5, compare Isa 66:23 (twice in verse), also חג and מועד Hosea 2:13; time of change of watch in temple 2Kin 11:5, 7, 9 (twice in verse) = 2Chr 23:4, 8 (twice in verse); ׳הַשּׁ מיסך (in temple) 2Kin 16:18; originally observed simply by abstinence from labour Exod 20:9-10, = Deut 5:12-14; Exod 23:12 (E), 34:21 (J; BrHex. 181-195).
b. Deuteronomic reason for day is deliverance from Egypt Deut 5:15, hence its consecration, לְקַדְּשׁוֺ 5:12 = Exod 20:8; השׁ יום ׳קדּשׁ Jer 17:22, 24, 27 (especially no load carried), Ezek 20:20; 44:24.
c. intensified by anith. שׁ ׳חלּל Ezek 20:13 5t. Ezekiel; compare Neh 13:18. Phrases in H: (ה)שׁ ׳שׁמר Lev 19:3, 10; 26:2, then P Exod 31:13-14, 16; compare Isa 56:2, 4, 6; י ׳קדושׁ קָדְשִׁי, יוֺם: 58:13 (twice in verse) (with כבּד). H also שַׁבְּתֹתֵיכֶם Lev 26:35; הַשּׁ ׳מִמָּחֳרַת 23:11, 15, 16; שַׁבְּתוֺתַי 19:3, 30; 26:2; Isa 56:4; Ezek 20:12; 22:26, +8 t. Ezekiel; || מוֺעֵד Lam 2:6.
d. P gives as basis God's resting Exod 20:11; 31:17; י ׳שׁבתות Lev 23:38; ליהוה ׳שׁ קדשׁ Exod 16:23, compare Neh 9:14, ׳שׁ שׁבתון Exod 31:15; 35:2; Lev 23:3; השׁ ׳עשׂה Exod 31:16, שׁ ׳עֹלַת בְּשַׁבַּתּוֺ Num 28:10, compare Isa 66:23; הַשּׁ ׳בְּיוֺם הַשּׁ ׳בְּיוֺם Lev 24:8 on every sabbath, abbreviation שַׁבָּת שַׁבַּת 1Chr 9:32; לַשַּׁבָּתוֺת || חֳדָשִׁים + מועדים 23:31 3t. Chronicles, Neh 10:34 (ל omitted by error); work punished by stoning Num 15:32, 36; trade prohibited Neh 10:32; 13:15-21.
2 day of atonement is a שַׁבָּתוֺן שַׁבַּת Lev 16:31; 23:32 (P), compare שַׁבָּת שָׁבַת 23:32 (P).
3 sabbath year, שַׁבָּתוֺן שַׁבַּת Lev 25:4 (H); ליהוה שַׁבָּת 25:2; 25:4 (H), (הארץׅ רצה שַׁבְּתוֺתֶיהָ 26:34 (twice in verse); 26:43 (H), 2Chr 36:21.
4 = week(?): שַׁבָּתוֺת שֶׁבַע Lev 23:15 (H), seven sabbaths or weeks; (ה)שָּׁנִים שַׁבְּתתֹ שֶׁבַע 25:8; Lev 28:8 (H) seven sabbaths or weeks (of years), uncertain (see Mark 16:2, 9; Luke 18:12; Matt 28:1, compare Jewish-Aramaic usage); possibly שַׁבָּת Isa 66:23 = week (Du).
5 הָאָ֫רֶץ שַׁבַּת Lev 25:6 (H) = produce in sabbath year (growing of itself).

SCRIPTURAL DEFINITION
  • EXODUS 20:10 BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD...
REST / RESTED (H7673)

Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon, Unabridged - H7673
H7673. shabath

שָׁבַת71 verb cease, desist, rest (As šabâtu, probably cease, be completed DlWB ZimKAT 3. 593 (JenZA iv (1889), 277 f. is sceptical); Arabic cut off, interrupt; Late Hebrew has שֶׁבֶת neglect, etc., Aramaic שִׁבְתָּא cost of nealect); —
Qal27 Perfect3masculine singular ׳שׁ Gen 2:3 +; 3 plural שָׁבָ֑תוּ Lam 5:14, etc.; Imperfect3masculine singular יִשְׁבּוֺת Hosea 7:4; יִשְׁבֹּת Prov 22:10 2t.; 3 feminine singular תִּשְׁבֹּת Lev 26:35; תִּשְׁבַּת 26:34; Neh 6:3 +, etc.; —
1 cease: (absolute 13 t.) of seasons Gen 8:22 (J); manna Josh 5:12 (P), etc., Isa 14:4 (twice in verse); Neh 6:3 +; with מִן Hosea 7:4 3t.
2 desist from labour, rest:
a. with מִן (of god) Gen 2:2-3,(P).
b. מִן omitted, ב temporal Exod 23:12 (E), 16:30; 34:21 (J), 31:17 (P); שׁ וּבַקָּצִיר ׳בֶּחָרִישׁ 34:21 (J; i.e., even in these busy seasons).
c. land in 7th year Lev 26:34-35, (twice in verse) (H), 2Chr 36:21. — Lev 23:32; 25:2 see [ שָׁבַת] verb denominative below
Niph`al Perfect3masculine singular נִשְׁבַּת Isa 17:3 2t.; plural נִשְׁבְּתוּ Ezek 6:6; — cease: absolute 6:6; 30:18; 33:28; with מִן Isa 17:3.
Hiph`il40 Perfect3masculine singular הִשְׁבִּית Ruth 4:14 +; 2 masculine singular הִשְׁבַּתָּ Psa 89:45; 119:119, etc.; Imperfect3masculine singular יַשְׁבִּיתּ Prov 18:18; Dan 9:27; וַיַּשְׁבֵּת 2Kin 23:11; 2Chr 16:5, etc.; Infinitive construct הַשְׁבִּית Psa 8:3; לַשְׁבִּית Amos 8:4 (Ges§ 53q); Imperative masculine plural הַשְׁבִּ֫יתוּ Isa 30:11; Participle מַשְׁבִּית Jer 16:9; Psa 46:10; —
1 cause to cease, put an end to: with accusative mirth Hosea 2:13, work 2Chr 16:5; Neh 4:5; sacrifice Dan 9:27; war Psa 46:10, compare Isa 13:11; Ezek 7:24; Prov 18:18 6t., + ׳הִשׁ מִן שָׂשׂוֺן קוֺל Jer 7:34; 16:9, compare 48:33.
2 = exterminate, destroy: with accusative 2Kin 23:5, 11; Amos 8:4 (Now conjectures העשׁקים), Hosea 1:4; Psa 8:3; 119:119; with accusative + מִן, Jer 36:29, הָאָרֶץ מִן Lev 26:6 (H), Ezek 34:25; אלילים 30:13; Deut 32:26.
3 cause to desist from: with מִן Ezek 16:41; 34:10; Exod 5:5 (E = give rest from); לְבִלְתִּי infinitive Josh 22:25 (P).
4 remove ( = הֵסִיר מִן): with מִן Ezek 23:27, 48; Psa 89:45 (text dubious: read הִשְׁבַּתּוֺ [
3] ᵐ5 Du; הֹדוֺ מַטֵּה Herz Che, see also below טֳהָר); leaven מבתים Exod 12:15 (P); ׳הַשׁ ׳אֶחקֿ ׳ישׂר מִמָּנֵינוּ Isa 30:11.
5 cause to fail, let be lacking: salt מִנְחָתֶ֑ךָ מֵעַל Lev 2:12 (P); accusative pers + ל person Jer 48:35; Ruth 4:14.
[שָׁבַת] verb denominative keep, observe (sabbath);
Qal, with accusative of congnate meaning with verb; Perfect3feminine singular לי ׳שַׁבָּת הָאָרֶץ וְשָֽׁבְתָה Lev 25:2; 2masculine plural שַׁבַּתְּכֶ֑ם תִּשְׁבְּתוּ עַדעֶֿרֶב מֵעֶרֶב 23:32 (P).

As shown above the creation Sabbath of Genesis 2:1-3 and Gods' commandment in Exodus 20:10 and the scripture definition to the creation Sabbath of Gods' 4th commandment in Exodus 20:8-10 is the "seventh day of the week". The instructions on how to keep the "seventh day" that God blessed and made holy are given in Gods' 4th commandment in Exodus 20:8-10. As shown above the Hebrew and Greek noun of H7676 and G4521 shabbath of Gods 4th commandment does not mean rest. It is a noun that is descriptive or a name applied to "the seventh day of the week". The word that Sabbath comes from though is שָׁבַת (shâbath | H7673) shabath (note one b instead of 2 between H7676 and H7673) is from Genesis 2:1-3 and means rest and is a action verb. So we keep the Sabbath by resting on the "seventh day" of the week while the name of the "seventh day" of God's weekly creation is simply called "the Sabbath" which is the noun of what we are to rest on. Rest is the root word of shabbath which is a verb or action word of how the Sabbath is kept. The shabbath (Sabbath) is a noun or descriptive word of what is being kept by resting and it is defined in the Hebrew and the scriptures as "the seventh day" of the seek that God blessed, and made a holy day of rest. So even if you do not understand what you are writing here your link is agreeing with what I have already shared with you. Go look them up for yourself shabbath (H7676 - noun) is not the same as shabath (H7673 - verb). The former comes out of the latter meaning we rest on "the seventh day" of the week. The Sabbath (noun) means "the seventh day" not rest which is the root verb that Sabbath comes from in the Hebrew.

continued..
Write less!

Soapy

@Soapy

More evidence to the above see links below from Biblehub...

Two different words..

Rest (H7673)
Text Analysis Hebrew Genesis 2:2 Hebrew Text Analysis

Rest H7673 Strong's Hebrew: 7673. שָׁבַת (shabath) -- to

Sabbath (H7676)
Text Analysis Hebrew Exodus 20:10 Hebrew Text Analysis

Sabbath H7676 Strong's Hebrew: 7676. שַׁבָּת (shabbath) -- sabbath

Receive God's correction and be blessed. The Hebrew word for Sabbath does not mean rest. The Sabbath meaning in context to Exodus 20:10 is "the seventh day" of the week. Another words we keep the Sabbath by resting (verb). The word Sabbath however which is a noun (descriptive of what is being kept by resting) is every seventh day of the week. Rest (H7673) and Sabbath (H7676) are two different words and not the same thing.
Your desperation to try to prove yourself right is why you write so much.

Presenting a valid response to a simple question does not require swathes of text that brings tedium to a reader - who you then accuse of not reading what you said …. TOO RIGHT I DON’T READ IT….

And that is exactly why you do it…..!!!!

3rdAngel

Your desperation to try to prove yourself right is why you write so much.

Presenting a valid response to a simple question does not require swathes of text that brings tedium to a reader - who you then accuse of not reading what you said …. TOO RIGHT I DON’T READ IT….

And that is exactly why you do it…..!!!!

No desperation on my side. Why are you so upset? You were the one asking for evidence to the meanings of Sabbath (Sabbath) and Shabath (Rest) from the Hebrew which was in disagreement with your posts earlier. Now your upset about being corrected.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: No need to be like that Soapy. Your evidence was provided. Own up to it, you were simply wrong again. I have no tactic other than sharing Gods' Words to those who will receive them and follow them so we can all receive Gods' blessings. We should not be afraid of discussing the scriptures because they lead us into the truth so we can see if what we believe is true or not true and discover if we are "in the faith" and following what Gods' Word says or not. This is why it is written "examine yourselves to see if you are in the faith or whether you be unbelievers". What we should be afraid of is not receiving Gods' correction and hardening our hearts to hearing and believing Gods' Word when we are in error and refuse to receive Gods' correction and be blessed. I pray that none us will walk that path here.
Your response here...
If what you say here is true then you would also express what Jesus, as the ambassador of God, said. It seems to me that you are stuck in the Old Testament covenant and therefore deny all of the new covenant that came through Jesus Christ. Jesus remonstrated with the Jews about mistreating the Sabbath day by apply overly rigorous restraints on that day. But further to that, Jesus declared that in time to come, ‘and that time is now’, worship was no longer to be on the mountain nor in Jerusalem (in the temple) but in spirit and truth.
Unlike you, what I share is God's Words (scripture) not my words and opinions arguing against the scriptures. Of course we are in the new covenant not the old covenant but it seems you do not know what that means. Every single one of God's 10 commandments are repeated in the new covenant as the standard of Christian living. Gods' 10 commandments according to the new covenant and testament scriptures have the same role they always had and that is to give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); sin (moral wrong doing) and righteousness (moral right doing) *see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172) and according to James if we break anyone of Gods' 10 commandment which includes Gods' 4th commandment "seventh day Sabbath" *Exodus 20:8-11 we stand guilty before God of breaking all of God's law and sin (see James 2:10-11 compare 1 John 3:4). The rest of your post makes no sense.
This means that to worship God there would be no need for an assembly as before. The emphasis is on ‘no need’, in that there is nothing wrong with CORPORATE WORSHIP in a ‘Church’ or ‘Synagogue’ but rather, it should be on a one-to-one personal basis so that rituals and regulations do not become a restraint.
To worship God in Spirit and in truth means to believe and follow what God's Word says (see John 3:36; Matthew 7:21-23; John 10:26-27; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 14:12). No one worships the father in Spirit and in truth if they do not believe and follow what Gods' Word says. Your post here is not biblical and there is no truth in it. Reads the attached scriptures.
And this release from regulations allow for worship on any day of the week that is considered as ‘a day of rest’ since, as we now see, six day work - one day rest, is not an absolute commonality among working people. In the ‘past’, a strict six day work regime was in force, which meant that the seventh day was a common day for all Israelites / Jews. But with the incorporation of non-Jews (Gentiles) into the Salvation and belief in God and his Christ, and the expansion of industry and commerce encompassing the whole world (not just the region of the Jews in the time of Jesus) there would be seven day working across all systems. Therefore many people would not be ‘resting on a common seventh day’. As such, keeping a ‘Seventh day Sabbath’ would mean a day given to your rest from work as commanded: ‘the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work’ (Exo 20:10) A Sabbath day is an absolute necessity for ALL MANKIND… no one should work all seven days of seven day week - effectively being slaves to work or the rewards of work. Therefore, if your weekly work covers the whole of the seven day week you are required to have AT LEAST ONE DAY OF REST… This is your SABBATH DAY
Once again read the scriptures you are making things up not supported by scripture when the scriptures say that "But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God..." - Exodus 20:10 which is Gods' 4th commandment. It does not say any day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. Also, when Jesus say that the Sabbath was made for all mankind in John 4:27 there was no Jew or Israel when God made the Sabbath on "the seventh day" of the creation week and blessed "the seventh day" and made "the seventh day" a holy day of rest for all mankind. There was only Adam and Eve representing all mankind who were created on the 6th day of creation *Genesis 1:26-31. Sorry Soapy, seems once again the scriptures disagree with your words that are not Gods
How is one going to say to his employer: ‘I’m not working on Friday sun down to Saturday sun down even though my work pattern requires this.’ Well, the answer is that you can say that but if all workers were to insist then many industries and businesses could not function properly. A furnace, for instance, requires 24/7 operation. Should part of the job interview be ‘We need workers on Friday to Saturday to keep the furnace at optimum temperature. Would you be keeping a Sabbath Day ritual?’
Trust in God and get a new job.

continued...

3rdAngel

Ok, a couple of questions for you: Should those observing the Sabbath still make burnt offerings to God as the Israelites did (Num 28:9) - if not, why not?
Burnt offerings were made for everyday of the week under the old covenant Sanctuary laws under the Levitical Priesthood for sin offerings and for forgiveness of sins which all pointed to the coming of Jesus as Gods' sacrifice for the sins of the world once and for all *See John 1:29 and Hebrews 10:10. We are in the new covenant now based on better promises and these sacrificial and ceremonial laws that pointed to things to come in God's promised Messiah and Saviour have now been fulfilled and continued in Jesus to who they pointed to (see Hebrews 7:1-25; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-27 and Hebrews 10:1-22). There Sabbath however is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of good and evil in the new covenant and according to the scriptures if we knowingly break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin (see James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4).
Should anyone not observing or violating the Sabbath day law still be put to death (Exo 31:15)?
Once again according to the scriptures, in the old covenant, the death penalty was not unique to the Sabbath but was applied to all of God’s 10 commandments and were a part of the civil laws of Moses given to the nation of Israel for anyone openly or publicly caught breaking Gods' 10 commandments to help teach God’s people that the wages of sin is death as also shown in the new covenant to all who have sinned (Romans 6:23). The same death penalty was given to anyone who was caught breaking 1st Commandment (Exodus 20:3), Thou shalt have no other gods before me (Deuteronomy 17:1-5; 14:6-10; Exodus 22:20); 2nd Commandment, (Exodus 20:4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any idols (Exodus 20:4; Deuteronomy 27: 15); 3rd Commandment (Exodus 20:7), Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain (Leviticus 24:16); 4th Commandment Sabbath (Exodus 20:8-11) see Exodus 31:14-15; 35:2; 5th commandment (Exodus 20:12) honor your father and mother see Exodus 21:15-17; 6th commandment thou shalt not kill (Exodus 20:13) see Leviticus 24:17; Numbers 35:31-33; 7th commandment thou shalt not commit Adultery (Exodus 20:14) see Leviticus 20:10; John 8:3-5; 8th Commandment thou shall not steal (Exodus 20:15) but only applied to man stealing or kidnapping (Exodus 21:16); 9th commandment (Exodus 20:16) thou shall not bear false witness see Deuteronomy 19:15-21 and the 10th commandments thou shall not covet (Exodus 20:17) see Joshua 7:21-25.

This of course all ceased during the time of Christ when Israel was under Roman rule and law and at the death of Christ bringing an end to the old covenant and the bringing in of the new covenant. The death penalty is still in force today because it is written that the wages of sin is death for those that do not repent before the time of judgement is finished (Romans 6:23; James 2:8-12) but enforcement of the death penalty does not take place until the second coming (see Psalms 9:17; Matthew 5:22,29,30, 10:28, 18:9, 23:15,33; Mark 9:43,45,47; Luke 12:5; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; James 3:6; Revelation 2:11, 20:6,14, 21:8 etc etc) The only difference today is that we are in the new covenant now so we no longer put people to open death because we are not in the physical nation of Israel in the flesh or under the old covenant civil laws of Israel. The death penalty for sin is still the same however for those who reject the gift of God's dear son *Romans 6:23 but Jesus says now that Vengeance is mine and his reward will be with him at the 2nd coming *Romans 12:19-21; Revelation 22:12. God's Word does not teach or support the false doctrine of lawlessness (without law) and Gods' 4th commandment in the new covenant is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Exodus 20:8-10; Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4.

@Soapy I am guessing you will ignore all of my posts and scriptures that are in disagreement with you but that is alright as I am use to it. I have answered your questions anyway for anyone interested in what the bible says.

Hope this is helpful. :)

Last edited: