• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

Yes. Do you know where they came from?
Then what is your response to the OP? The answer to your question is that it depends what reckoning of time you are talking about and what country and culture. In the reckoning of time we are discussing in this OP we are talking about the Hebrew reckoning of time for the days of the week that make up a week based on Genesis 1 (day 1 to day 7 based on the evening or darkness first part of the day followed by morning or daylight the second part of the day ) and other passages of the scriptures converted back to our current reckoning of time handed down by the Babylonians named after their gods (e.g our time Sunset Saturday to Sunset Friday). The Hebrew reckoning of time is not the same as the Babylonians reckoning of time passed on to the Romans and other cultures which is what we use today and never has been. Now did you want to address the OP?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Then what is your response to the OP? The answer to your question is that it depends what reckoning of time you are talking about and what country and culture. In the reckoning of time we are discussing in this OP we are talking about the Hebrew reckoning of time for the days of the week that make up a week based on Genesis 1 (day 1 to day 7 (evening or darkness first part of the day followed by morning or daylight the second part of the day ) and other passages of the scriptures converted back to our current reckoning of time (e.g our time Sunset Saturday to Sunset Friday). The Hebrew reckoning of time is not the same as the Babylonians reckoning of time passed on to the Romans which is what we use today and never has been. Now did you want to address the OP?
And now you are just playing fanfiction games again. You do not care where the seven day week really originated. But your argument relies on that. This is why I asked you a long long time ago if you are just playing fanfiction games. If that is the case I am not interested. And you should not be shocked when the vast majority of Christians do not take you seriously either.

Was Jesus just for the Hebrews or for the whole world? Even with fanfiction your arguments fail.

3rdAngel

And now you are just playing fanfiction games again. You do not care where the seven day week really originated. But your argument relies on that. This is why I asked you a long long time ago if you are just playing fanfiction games. If that is the case I am not interested. And you should not be shocked when the vast majority of Christians do not take you seriously either. Was Jesus just for the Hebrews or for the whole world? Even with fanfiction your arguments fail.

I already told you that the origin of the week is dependent on what culture you are talking about. We are discussing the creation reckoning of time to the Hebrew culture and their reckoning of time to the Sabbath of Gods' 10 commandment as it a part of this OP related to the Sabbath and "the Lords day" claimed by many Christians to be Sunday. So we are comparing the Hebrew Old testament origins of time and comparing this to the Greek New testament scriptures and times. It is you who relies on fan fiction and I am sure you are now going to do your best to back track now so you do not have to address this OP like you said you were going to. Is that true? Are you preparing to run away again?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I already told you that the origin of the week is dependent on what culture you are talking about. We are discussing the creation reckoning of time to the Hebrew culture and their reckoning of time to the Sabbath of Gods' 10 commandment as it a part of this OP related to the Sabbath and "the Lords day" claimed by many Christians to be Sunday. So we are comparing the Hebrew Old testament origins of time and comparing this to the Greek New testament scriptures and times. It is you who relies on fan fiction and I am sure you are now going to do your best to back track now so you do not have to address this OP like you said you were going to. Is that true? Are you preparing to run away again?
But that is incorrect. Just because one has a myth that explains where they supposedly got the days of the week from that does not mean that is how it happened in reality.

Why is this so hard to understand? In the US right now there are some people that claim to be "Indigenous Moroccans." The problem is that they are not indigenous. It is actually an attempt at a scam to get out of following laws. But even if they believed that it would not make it so. Just because the Hebrews at one time believed the stories of Genesis does not make them so. You are trying to exert authority over others by referring to a Hebrew myth. And that just does not work. It would be a case of eisegesis rather than exegesis. One cannot fully understand the Bible unless one knows at least some of the history behind it.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: I already told you that the origin of the week is dependent on what culture you are talking about. We are discussing the creation reckoning of time to the Hebrew culture and their reckoning of time to the Sabbath of Gods' 10 commandment as it a part of this OP related to the Sabbath and "the Lords day" claimed by many Christians to be Sunday. So we are comparing the Hebrew Old testament origins of time and comparing this to the Greek New testament scriptures and times. It is you who relies on fan fiction and I am sure you are now going to do your best to back track now so you do not have to address this OP like you said you were going to. Is that true? Are you preparing to run away from a discussion again SZ?
Your response here...
But that is incorrect. Just because one has a myth that explains where they supposedly got the days of the week from that does not mean that is how it happened in reality. Why is this so hard to understand?
It is not hard to understand. So why are you finding it hard to understand? You should not be holding on to your myths. Come and discuss the detail with me. Are you going to discuss the OP now or are you preparing to run away again SZ?
In the US right now there are some people that claim to be "Indigenous Moroccans." The problem is that they are not indigenous. It is actually an attempt at a scam to get out of following laws. But even if they believed that it would not make it so. Just because the Hebrews at one time believed the stories of Genesis does not make them so. You are trying to exert authority over others by referring to a Hebrew myth. And that just does not work. It would be a case of eisegesis rather than exegesis. One cannot fully understand the Bible unless one knows at least some of the history behind it.
We are not talking about "Indigenous Moroccans" here in this OP. We are talking about the question what day is "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10. Did you want to discuss the OP now? I am guess not and you are preparing to run away again to follow your myths.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your response here...

It is not hard to understand. So why are you finding it hard to understand? You should not be holding on to your myths. Come and discuss the detail with me. Are you going to discuss the OP now or are you preparing to run away again SZ?

We are not talking about "Indigenous Moroccans" here in this OP. We are talking about the question what day is "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10. Did you want to discuss the OP now? I am guess not and you are preparing to run away again.
Oh my! You do not understand analogies. The analogy was there to show why you failed. So of course the cognitive dissonance kicked in. Do you seriously think that if God is real that he thinks and speaks in Hebrew? Believing myths is your flaw. I want to know what really happened.

Your argument fails on almost every level. I attacked it from reality. @Soapy attacked it using what Jesus taught. You just conveniently ignored what Jesus taught about the sabbath and concentrated on all of the verses but that.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: It is not hard to understand. So why are you finding it hard to understand? You should not be holding on to your myths. Come and discuss the detail with me. Are you going to discuss the OP now or are you preparing to run away again SZ? We are not talking about "Indigenous Moroccans" here in this OP. We are talking about the question what day is "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10. Did you want to discuss the OP now? I am guess not and you are preparing to run away again.
Your response here...
Oh my! You do not understand analogies. The analogy was there to show why you failed. So of course the cognitive dissonance kicked in. Do you seriously think that if God is real that he thinks and speaks in Hebrew? Believing myths is your flaw. I want to know what really happened.
Oh my, than I guess you failed at that again didn't you and your back to your false personal attacks you accuse others of doing that you are unable to prove again in order to avoid having to address the OP. We all knew were this was heading I guess (popcorn please)
Your argument fails on almost every level. I attacked it from reality. @Soapy attacked it using what Jesus taught. You just conveniently ignored what Jesus taught about the sabbath and concentrated on all of the verses but that.
Once again you quoting you is not evidence to support your claims. You made the false claims and accusations so it is up to you to prove them. I do not think calling for your master is going to help you here. It never has in the past. I am guessing though it is run away time for you which is popcorn time for me. :)

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your response here...

Oh my, than I guess you failed at that again didn't you and your back to your false personal attacks you accuse others of doing that you are unable to prove again in order to avoid having to address the OP. We all knew were this was heading I guess (popcorn please)

Once again you quoting you is not evidence to support your claims. You made the false claims and accusations so it is up to you to prove them. I am guessing though it is run away time for you. (popcorn time) :)
Where did I use a personal attack? You falsely accused me of following myth. But you seem to believe that the stories of Genesis are accurate. They are not. But you do not appear to want to know how we know that they are far from accurate.

And as to quoting me, quoting me would only be part of a refutation. A quote without an explanation is of no value at all. It does not support you. Also when quotes are used a link is a good idea since one method of lying is to quote out of context. For example did you know that at least twelve different times the Bible says "there is no God"? That quote without a chapter and verse is worthless because you have no idea of the context of it.

And I addressed the OP. I explained why I was not going to play silly fanfiction games a long long time ago. Not agreeing to badly chosen rules is not not addressing the OP.

3rdAngel

Where did I use a personal attack?
You use personal attacks unsupported by evidence throughout most of your posts (some examples provided below from this current page only....
Subduction Zone said: Believing myths is your flaw.
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
Subduction Zone said: And now you are just playing fanfiction games again.
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
Subduction Zone said:You do not care where the seven day week really originated.
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
Subduction Zone said: you should not be shocked when the vast majority of Christians do not take you seriously either.
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
Subduction Zone said: You do not understand analogies.
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
Subduction Zone said: You do not care where the seven day week really originated.
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
Subduction Zone said: You are trying to exert authority over others by referring to a Hebrew myth.
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
Subduction Zone said: you know that at least twelve different times the Bible says "there is no God"?
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM

The above are just a few mild current examples on this page, with many more all throughout this thread, that you use, unsupported be any evidence all through out this thread in the majority of your posts here (the arrows all link back to context)..
You falsely accused me of following myth.
No I am not accusing you of following myths. I believe you are following myths because you choose not to believe God and His Word in order to follow those who do not believe God and His Word and because you have no evidence to support for your views.
But you seem to believe that the stories of Genesis are accurate.
To you Genesis is not real because you chose to walk away from God and His word to follow after the teachings of men that do not believe and follow Gods' Word.
And as to quoting me, quoting me would only be part of a refutation. A quote without an explanation is of no value at all. It does not support you. Also when quotes are used a link is a good idea since one method of lying is to quote out of context. For example did you know that at least twelve different times the Bible says "there is no God"? That quote without a chapter and verse is worthless because you have no idea of the context of it.
You quoting you is not evidence. The bible does not teach there is no God. The chapter and verse is provided as evidence of what is being said. If you believe context does not support what someone is saying then use the context to prove your argument. This is what I did to you in our earlier discussions to show what you where claiming in Exodus 20 and elsewhere was false and not supporting what you were arguing at the time.
And I addressed the OP. I explained why I was not going to play silly fanfiction games a long long time ago. Not agreeing to badly chosen rules is not not addressing the OP.
You did no such thing. Post me a link where you addressed the OP? You are not being truthful here if you cannot support what you say with evidence. - You lose again. Lets talk more when you have something to contribute to the OP.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You use personal attacks unsupported by evidence throughout most of your posts (some examples provided below from this current page only....
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM
- FAILED/FALSE CLAIM

The above are just a few mild current examples on this page, with many more all throughout this thread, that you use, unsupported be any evidence all through out this thread in the majority of your posts here (the arrows all link back to context)..

No I am not accusing you of following myths. I believe you are following myths because you choose not to believe God and His Word in order to follow those who do not believe God and His Word and because you have no evidence to support for your views.

To you Genesis is not real because you chose to walk away from God and His word to follow after the teachings of men that do not believe and follow Gods' Word.

You quoting you is not evidence. The bible does not teach there is no God. The chapter and verse is provided as evidence of what is being said. If you believe context does not support what someone is saying then use the context to prove your argument. This is what I did to you in our earlier discussions to show what you where claiming in Exodus 20 and elsewhere was false and not supporting what you were arguing at the time.

You did no such thing. Post me a link where you addressed the OP? You are not being truthful here if you cannot support what you say with evidence. - You lose again. Lets talk more when you have something to contribute to the OP.

Take Care.
Observations are not personal attacks. I supported those observations. And no. You just demonstrated that I was correct. Sadly you do probably do not understand how you did that.

3rdAngel

Observations are not personal attacks. I supported those observations. And no. You just demonstrated that I was correct. Sadly you do probably do not understand how you did that.
Popcorn time. I agree that observation are not personal attacks if they are truthful and you can prove them. You have not been truthful with your personal accusations and neither have you proven or supported them. So what you posted was never an observation to begin with but untruthful personal attacks. Your excuse making and denials are not really helping you here. Do you want to start discussing the OP now :)

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Popcorn time. I agree that observation are not personal attacks if they are truthful and you can prove them. You have not been truthful with your personal accusations and neither have you proven or supported them. So what you posted was never an observation to begin with but untruthful personal attacks. Your excuse making and denials are not really helping you here. Do you want to start discussing the OP now :)
And I regularly proved my claims. Meanwhile you could not remember how to use a quote of someone properly. I probably explained to you the proper way to do it before your latest epic failure.

By the way, just because you do not like the facts presented against you does not mean that someone is not being truthful.

And need I remind you that you started this detour because you were running away from your failure in regards to the OP.

Yes, if you are done showing that my claims about what you were doing is accurate then we can discuss why you failed again.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
We are in the new covenant now not the old. According to the old covenant scriptures under the civil laws of the nation of Israel, if anyone was found openly and publicly breaking Gods' Sabbath day by working on the Sabbath they were to be put to death. This was to teach Gods' people that the wages of all sin or breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments is death without Gods' forgiveness as also shown in the new covenant in Romans 6:23 "The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord". Therefore Exodus 31:5 was not talking about doing good on the Sabbath day it was talking about openly doing your own work on the Sabbath day that can be done any other day of the week. What you also fail to understand here is that according to the old covenant scriptures, "the death penalty" was not restricted to only Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath and openly breaking it but it was a law linked to all of Gods' 10 commandments to teach that if we break Gods' law we are all under sin and death.

The same death penalty was given to anyone who was caught breaking 1st Commandment (Exodus 20:3), Thou shalt have no other gods before me (Deuteronomy 17:1-5; 14:6-10; Exodus 22:20); 2nd Commandment, (Exodus 20:4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any idols (Exodus 20:4; Deuteronomy 27: 15); 3rd Commandment (Exodus 20:7), Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain (Leviticus 24:16); 4th Commandment Sabbath (Exodus 20:8-11) see Exodus 31:14-15; 35:2; 5th commandment (Exodus 20:12) honor your father and mother see Exodus 21:15-17; 6th commandment thou shalt not kill (Exodus 20:13) see Leviticus 24:17; Numbers 35:31-33; 7th commandment thou shalt not commit Adultery (Exodus 20:14) see Leviticus 20:10; John 8:3-5; 8th Commandment thou shall not steal (Exodus 20:15) but only applied to man stealing or kidnapping (Exodus 21:16); 9th commandment (Exodus 20:16) thou shall not bear false witness see Deuteronomy 19:15-21 and the 10th commandments thou shall not covet (Exodus 20:17) see Joshua 7:21-25.

This of course all ceased during the time of Christ when Israel was under Roman rule and law and at the death of Christ bringing an end to the old covenant and the bringing in of the new covenant. The death penalty is still in force today because it is written that the wages of sin is death for those that do not repent before the time of judgement is finished (Romans 6:23; James 2:8-12) but enforcement of the death penalty does not take place until the second coming (see Psalms 9:17; Matthew 5:22,29,30, 10:28, 18:9, 23:15,33; Mark 9:43,45,47; Luke 12:5; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; James 3:6; Revelation 2:11, 20:6,14, 21:8 etc etc)

The only difference today is that we are in the new covenant now so we no longer put people to open death because we are not in the physical nation of Israel in the flesh or under the old covenant civil laws of Israel. The death penalty for sin is still the same however for those who reject the gift of God's dear son and continue in sin *Romans 6:23 but Jesus says now that Vengeance is mine and his reward will be with him at the 2nd coming *Romans 12:19-21; Revelation 22:12. God's Word does not teach or support the false doctrine of lawlessness (without law) and Gods' 4th commandment in the new covenant is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Exodus 20:8-10; Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4.

Take care.
So you are agreeing that the covenant has changed … You are saying that ‘DO NO WORK’ some how does not now apply to the Sabbath!

So if PARTS of the Sabbath Law are changed (when YOU say they are changed) what of the Sabbath Law that Jesus says is changed: WORSHIP IS NOW IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH … not on the mountain as excommunicated Jews (Samaritans) do, not in Jerusalem as the nation of God did.

Also, the Jews worshipped in Jerusalem and in Synagogues…. Christian’s do not (on the whole) worship in Synagogues nor in Jerusalem but in Churches… isn’t that yet another change to Sabbath Law?

Or was it illegal to worship in your own home?

Soapy

God says it does. Its one of Gods' 4th commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).
Hmmm… 3rdAngel, it seems you do not have a concrete answer but just keep posting rhetoric.

Your posts are repetitive wordings as of an auto-bot!

Soapy

Well that is something you would need to prove as you have not done so in anything you have said throughout this thread despite all the evidence provided to you by many people in this thread that have also provided evidence that you do not respond to post contents, deflect with personal false claims and accusations you are unable to prove and then run away when challenged to prove what you say. You do make many smile here though even if you cannot prove what you say. :)
Your expertise is in always asking for proof. How many times did you use ‘proof’ and ‘prove’ in your posts?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Again, non-specific queries…. representative of an auto-bot!
Well, to be honest, though he did not admit it, he finally saw that he had been running away. Sadly he could not address my next post. He had to deflect. I am pretty sure about 90% of his attacks against others consists of repeating observations that others have made about him. If he keeps on topic he loses, and he seems to know it.

3rdAngel

And I regularly proved my claims.
There is a false claim right there. Post me a link where you have proven your claims and prove what you say. If you cannot you are only posting your words you are unable to prove unsupported by and facts.
Meanwhile you could not remember how to use a quote of someone properly. I probably explained to you the proper way to do it before your latest epic failure.
Again more false words you are unable to prove. You were posted you denying you. Cant get any better than that. It makes for real popcorn reading
By the way, just because you do not like the facts presented against you does not mean that someone is not being truthful.
I have been waiting for you to start posting facts so we can start having a discussion. I am still waiting. You are not being truthful because you have not posted any facts.
And need I remind you that you started this detour because you were running away from your failure in regards to the OP.
Well that is also not true. I am still waiting for you to start discussing the OP instead of making this detour because you are unable to discuss the OP is why you are here right now so it is you who is running away from discussing the OP. I am just here trying to encourage you to make a start to discuss it.
Yes, if you are done showing that my claims about what you were doing is accurate then we can discuss why you failed again.
You have not posted anything accurate in our current discussion and this has been proven to you in earlier posts, but I am happy for you to start discussing the OP now if you are finished and ready to make a start.

Take Care

Last edited:

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: We are in the new covenant now not the old. According to the old covenant scriptures under the civil laws of the nation of Israel, if anyone was found openly and publicly breaking Gods' Sabbath day by working on the Sabbath they were to be put to death. This was to teach Gods' people that the wages of all sin or breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments is death without Gods' forgiveness as also shown in the new covenant in Romans 6:23 "The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord". Therefore Exodus 31:5 was not talking about doing good on the Sabbath day it was talking about openly doing your own work on the Sabbath day that can be done any other day of the week. What you also fail to understand here is that according to the old covenant scriptures, "the death penalty" was not restricted to only Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath and openly breaking it but it was a law linked to all of Gods' 10 commandments to teach that if we break Gods' law we are all under sin and death.

The same death penalty was given to anyone who was caught breaking 1st Commandment (Exodus 20:3), Thou shalt have no other gods before me (Deuteronomy 17:1-5; 14:6-10; Exodus 22:20); 2nd Commandment, (Exodus 20:4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any idols (Exodus 20:4; Deuteronomy 27: 15); 3rd Commandment (Exodus 20:7), Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain (Leviticus 24:16); 4th Commandment Sabbath (Exodus 20:8-11) see Exodus 31:14-15; 35:2; 5th commandment (Exodus 20:12) honor your father and mother see Exodus 21:15-17; 6th commandment thou shalt not kill (Exodus 20:13) see Leviticus 24:17; Numbers 35:31-33; 7th commandment thou shalt not commit Adultery (Exodus 20:14) see Leviticus 20:10; John 8:3-5; 8th Commandment thou shall not steal (Exodus 20:15) but only applied to man stealing or kidnapping (Exodus 21:16); 9th commandment (Exodus 20:16) thou shall not bear false witness see Deuteronomy 19:15-21 and the 10th commandments thou shall not covet (Exodus 20:17) see Joshua 7:21-25.

This of course all ceased during the time of Christ when Israel was under Roman rule and law and at the death of Christ bringing an end to the old covenant and the bringing in of the new covenant. The death penalty is still in force today because it is written that the wages of sin is death for those that do not repent before the time of judgement is finished (Romans 6:23; James 2:8-12) but enforcement of the death penalty does not take place until the second coming (see Psalms 9:17; Matthew 5:22,29,30, 10:28, 18:9, 23:15,33; Mark 9:43,45,47; Luke 12:5; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; James 3:6; Revelation 2:11, 20:6,14, 21:8 etc etc)

The only difference today is that we are in the new covenant now so we no longer put people to open death because we are not in the physical nation of Israel in the flesh or under the old covenant civil laws of Israel. The death penalty for sin is still the same however for those who reject the gift of God's dear son and continue in sin *Romans 6:23 but Jesus says now that Vengeance is mine and his reward will be with him at the 2nd coming *Romans 12:19-21; Revelation 22:12. God's Word does not teach or support the false doctrine of lawlessness (without law) and Gods' 4th commandment in the new covenant is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Exodus 20:8-10; Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4.
Your response here...
So you are agreeing that the covenant has changed … You are saying that ‘DO NO WORK’ some how does not now apply to the Sabbath! So if PARTS of the Sabbath Law are changed (when YOU say they are changed) what of the Sabbath Law that Jesus says is changed: WORSHIP IS NOW IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH … not on the mountain as excommunicated Jews (Samaritans) do, not in Jerusalem as the nation of God did. Also, the Jews worshipped in Jerusalem and in Synagogues…. Christian’s do not (on the whole) worship in Synagogues nor in Jerusalem but in Churches… isn’t that yet another change to Sabbath Law?
Or was it illegal to worship in your own home?
Goodness Soapy when are you going to start addressing all the post content and the scriptures that you are responding to that are in disagreement with you in post # 1577 linked; post # 1578 linked; post # 1579 linked; post # 1580 linked; post # 1581 linked; post # 1582 linked and post # 1583 linked? Where did I post in what you are quoting from that the Sabbath law has changed and that doing no work does not apply to the Sabbath? As posted earlier no one worships God in Spirit and in truth by not believing and obeying what God's Word says. That is only evidence of someone that does not know God (see 1 John 2:3-4).

Take Care.