• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Your response here...

There is a lot of scripture here that disagrees with you. What is it that you do not understand from the post you were not able to respond to here?

more to come...
It’s not what I don’t understand - it’s the nonsense that you wrote and you know that!
——————————
Numbers 15:32-36:
  • “32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.
——————————-

Last edited:

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Says the man unwilling to respond to all the scriptures and the post content that disagrees with him :)
My point is made - again!!!

But I give you another chance: What EXPLICITLY are you asking me to answer to you?

Be SPECIFIC - no LINKS to an obscure post… just the question!!!

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Your response here...

You do not believe like Jesus who says in Matthew 4:4 Man does not live by bread alone but by every words that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Therefore it is a contradiction to say which is more important to obey man's concept of the commandment or the God who gave it. You where provided scripture which is from God who gave it but you choose not to believe it.

Take Care.

I believe God is not dead but the book is.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Your response here...

If you disagree with the scriptures in the post you are quoting from than show what it is you disagree with and why? All you have posted in response to what you are quoting from is you quoting you disagreeing with the scriptures that disagree with you without showing why you disagree.

Take Care

I believe I disagree because God is not bound or limited by a book. He is the living God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I see so how can you say you have Jesus but not do what Jesus says you should do? It is Jesus that says in...
  • Matthew 7:21-23 21, Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22, Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
According to the scriptures if we do not believe and follow what Gods' Word says then according to the scriptures we do not have Jesus but the dead faith of devils according to James in James 2...
  • James 2:17-20 17, Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18, Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19, Your believe that there is one God; your do well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20, But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
and again...
  • 1 John 2:3-4 3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4, He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Therefore it is a contradiction of the scriptures for us to say we have Christ but not do what Christ says when Jesus says in His own words only those who do the fathers will will enter into God's kingdom and the only way we can claim to know God is when we do what Gods' Word says.

Take Care.

I believe I do what Jesus tells me to do not what a book tells me to do. BTW Jesus never said that a person had to worship on the Sabbath. In fact He said something quite different.

3rdAngel

It’s not what I don’t understand - it’s the nonsense that you wrote and you know that!
——————————
Numbers 15:32-36:
  • “32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.
——————————-

We are in the new covenant now not the old. According to the old covenant scriptures under the civil laws of the nation of Israel, if anyone was found openly and publicly breaking Gods' Sabbath day by working on the Sabbath they were to be put to death. This was to teach Gods' people that the wages of all sin or breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments is death without Gods' forgiveness as also shown in the new covenant in Romans 6:23 "The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord". Therefore Exodus 31:5 was not talking about doing good on the Sabbath day it was talking about openly doing your own work on the Sabbath day that can be done any other day of the week. What you also fail to understand here is that according to the old covenant scriptures, "the death penalty" was not restricted to only Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath and openly breaking it but it was a law linked to all of Gods' 10 commandments to teach that if we break Gods' law we are all under sin and death.

The same death penalty was given to anyone who was caught breaking 1st Commandment (Exodus 20:3), Thou shalt have no other gods before me (Deuteronomy 17:1-5; 14:6-10; Exodus 22:20); 2nd Commandment, (Exodus 20:4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any idols (Exodus 20:4; Deuteronomy 27: 15); 3rd Commandment (Exodus 20:7), Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain (Leviticus 24:16); 4th Commandment Sabbath (Exodus 20:8-11) see Exodus 31:14-15; 35:2; 5th commandment (Exodus 20:12) honor your father and mother see Exodus 21:15-17; 6th commandment thou shalt not kill (Exodus 20:13) see Leviticus 24:17; Numbers 35:31-33; 7th commandment thou shalt not commit Adultery (Exodus 20:14) see Leviticus 20:10; John 8:3-5; 8th Commandment thou shall not steal (Exodus 20:15) but only applied to man stealing or kidnapping (Exodus 21:16); 9th commandment (Exodus 20:16) thou shall not bear false witness see Deuteronomy 19:15-21 and the 10th commandments thou shall not covet (Exodus 20:17) see Joshua 7:21-25.

This of course all ceased during the time of Christ when Israel was under Roman rule and law and at the death of Christ bringing an end to the old covenant and the bringing in of the new covenant. The death penalty is still in force today because it is written that the wages of sin is death for those that do not repent before the time of judgement is finished (Romans 6:23; James 2:8-12) but enforcement of the death penalty does not take place until the second coming (see Psalms 9:17; Matthew 5:22,29,30, 10:28, 18:9, 23:15,33; Mark 9:43,45,47; Luke 12:5; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; James 3:6; Revelation 2:11, 20:6,14, 21:8 etc etc)

The only difference today is that we are in the new covenant now so we no longer put people to open death because we are not in the physical nation of Israel in the flesh or under the old covenant civil laws of Israel. The death penalty for sin is still the same however for those who reject the gift of God's dear son and continue in sin *Romans 6:23 but Jesus says now that Vengeance is mine and his reward will be with him at the 2nd coming *Romans 12:19-21; Revelation 22:12. God's Word does not teach or support the false doctrine of lawlessness (without law) and Gods' 4th commandment in the new covenant is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Exodus 20:8-10; Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4.

Take care.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Says the man unwilling to respond to all the scriptures and the post content that disagrees with him :)
Your response here...
My point is made - again!!! But I give you another chance: What EXPLICITLY are you asking me to answer to you? Be SPECIFIC - no LINKS to an obscure post… just the question!!!
No your point was not made and I do not see that you have ever made a point to begin with if I am honest with you. Did you want to try again? How can you make a point by not responding to the scriptures in the post content that is in disagreement with you that show why you are in error? The evidence is all throughout this thread that you do not address the scriptures and post content that prove why your understanding of the scriptures are in error. Most recently for example you ignored and did not respond to or address post and scriptures that show why your claim that any day is a Sabbath is not supported in the scriptures which can be seen by everyone in this thread in post # 1577 linked; post # 1578 linked; post # 1579 linked; post # 1580 linked; post # 1581 linked; post # 1582 linked and post # 1583 linked. The links provided here and elsewhere are evidence you do not respond to post content. Then you seek to make false claims and accusations that you are unable to prove and then when your challenged like your friend, you run away from the discussion and as a deflection make claims and accusations you are unable to prove because you are unable to address the post content from the scriptures that are in disagreement with you. Lets talk more when you would like to have a discussion.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

I believe God is not dead but the book is.
God is not a book dear friend but His Words are recorded for us to believe and follow. We cannot know God therefore if we do not believe and follow what His Word says. Let me ask you a serious question. You do not have to answer it if you do not want to. Perhaps pray about it and think it through.
  • "If the scriptures teach us that "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God" (Romans 10:17) and we are saved by God's grace through faith that comes from Gods' Word (Ephesians 2:8-9) and again whatsoever is not of faith is sin according to Gods' Word (Romans 14:23) and again without faith that comes from Gods' Word it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6) how can we have Gods' salvation and how can the scriptures not be the only rule of faith when our faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God?"
What is the answer?

3rdAngel

I believe I disagree because God is not bound or limited by a book. He is the living God.
God indeed is a living God and this same God says to us "Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God" - Matthew 4:4 and again "All scripture (the written word) is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." - 2 Timothy 3:16.

Take Care

3rdAngel

I believe I do what Jesus tells me to do not what a book tells me to do. BTW Jesus never said that a person had to worship on the Sabbath. In fact He said something quite different.
God and Jesus tell us what to do through the scriptures we are to believe and follow. Jesus and all the Apostles believed and obeyed Gods commandments and taught everyone to follow them, including how to correctly keep the Sabbath. You do err not knowing scripture. (Matthew 5:17-28)

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Nice parroting. Are you just trolling your own thread now?
Says the man who continues to make false claims and accusations and is unwilling to discuss the OP and post and scripture content that disagrees with him. We all know that you are not interested in a discussion and your posts are all Ad hominem like your friend.

3rdAngel

And I already explained why. It is a pity that you could not understand it.
I read what you said. I did not see what you were saying at all in this thread and asked if you could post a link to show what you believe to be personal attacks by @samtonga43 against you. I did not see any and you have not provided any evidence that supports your claims again.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Says the man who continues to make false claims and accusations and is unwilling to discuss the OP and post and scripture content that disagrees with him. We all know that you are not interested in a discussion and your posts are all Ad hominem like your friend.
You have never shown one of my claims to be false,. You have only linked lost arguments of yours You keep demonstrating that you do not know how to use evidence properly. And since you cannot handle the refutation of your argument since it is based upon myth you have been running away again because you do not wish to discuss that here. When an idea applies directly to your belief that needs to be discussed in a thread.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I read what you said. I did not see what you were saying at all in this thread and asked if you could post a link to show what you believe to be personal attacks by @samtonga43 against you. I did not see any and you have not provided any evidence that supports your claims again.
Then that is your own blindness. I cannot help you in that fashion.

I do not think the day matters, but i believe saturday is the last day of the week. But the jewish calendar is different from normal week and year. The muslim calendar is different as well. That being said. What matters is the heart not religious observances. Those who go to church/synagogue on a certain day doesnt matter. What matters to God is following the laws and the honesty and love which comes from a spiritual heart.

3rdAngel

You have never shown one of my claims to be false,. You have only linked lost arguments of yours You keep demonstrating that you do not know how to use evidence properly. And since you cannot handle the refutation of your argument since it is based upon myth you have been running away again because you do not wish to discuss that here. When an idea applies directly to your belief that needs to be discussed in a thread.
Your post is false. Evidence has already been provided in the post. You just ignore it.

3rdAngel

I do not think the day matters, but i believe saturday is the last day of the week. But the jewish calendar is different from normal week and year. The muslim calendar is different as well. That being said. What matters is the heart not religious observances. Those who go to church/synagogue on a certain day doesnt matter. What matters to God is following the laws and the honesty and love which comes from a spiritual heart.
God says it does. Its one of Gods' 4th commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your post is false. Evidence has already been provided in the post. You just ignore it.
Please, you are not fooling anyone.
Do you want to discuss the OP or are you just going to fantasize about the arguments that you lost? One reason that you use the word "deflection" so much is because that is one of your main debating tools. When you lose you never want to discuss the topic of the thread. You would rather deflect.