• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Well, there are actually two questions there, Soapy.
1. When will you respond to my question about your claim that a lawyer prays to a judge, and that 3rdAngel prays to you?
2. Why are you running away? (Answer to this is that at last you have stopped running and decided that you had better respond, or others will know that you ran away.

Oh, and about your ‘WHAT????!!!!!!’
You are attempting to express incredulity with all those
!s and ?s. You are fooling no one. Even you must know that you are using the word ‘pray’ ambiguously.

What’s more you are using this ambiguity to misrepresent the truth.

So, when you ask someone to do something, you are praying to her/him? Let's see what this looks like:--
“I prayed to Soapy today. I asked him to please stop worrying about apostrophes”. Nope. That's just crazy.:facepalm:

Addressing a judge ≠ praying to a judge. And what he asks of the judge would vary according to the case. This should be obvious.
3rdAngel asking you a question (or vice versa) does not mean that he is praying to you or that you are praying to him. :oops: Get a grip, Soapy!

You are the first person (Christian?)I have come across who equates Almighty, Everlasting God with a human being, however important the human being may be.

God is not ‘a anyone’(sic)

No. Not true. If you quote me, please use my words – not yours. Asking a fellow poster to answer a question is not praying to her/him. You have built a kind of eisegesic strawman. :(
I would never pray to a person on an internet forum. Face it, Soapy, even you would not do such a thing. Do you think 3rdAngel knows that she is praying to the Almighty Soapy? ;)
…’
I am not God, Soapy; 3rdAngel is not God; SZ is not God. And you, at the moment, are not rational.
Wow… ignorance must be your middle name. No wonder you have so much trouble debating with other people.

A little thing such as the word, ‘Pray’, flummoxes you… Now THAT is crazy.

“Pray, tell me… what do you not understand about the word, ‘Pray’?”

‘Pray’ means ‘To petition’ - to ask sincerely from another for something’.

The word is not EXCLUSIVE to the Bible - which you seem not to understand. Maybe your language skills are less than your ability to fully communicate by word or writing (by thought in the first instance). Or maybe you have only ever come across the usage of the word in the scriptures and in your place of worship and do you think it’s an exclusively biblical word…. I see it might be all of those things since you point out only the biblical usage of the word in reference to almighty God:
I am not God, Soapy; 3rdAngel is not God; SZ is not God. And you, at the moment, are not rational.
I suggest you go back to debating on your own level with those less acquainted with truth and reality and leave Bible scripture stuff to those who have better understanding….

If you are so adamantly ignorant in such a small thing then what if more complexed things were set out to you??

Just for amusement I present an (annotated) extract from the book:

THE ENGLISH LADY’S COMPLETE CATECHISM: (The English lady's complete catechism - Wikisource, the free online library)
  • Q: YOU say, Madam, you [were] brought up in the Christian religion: Pray of what nation are you?
  • A: I am an English Lady by birth.
  • Q: Pray what is your name?
  • A: VANITY.
  • Q: Who gave you this name?
  • A. Every body.
Here is another extract from another book:
  • “The men have ben long unpaid and need relief, I pray your Lordship that the money that should have gone to Plymouth may now be sent to Dover,”
And you can Google MANY MORE SUCH USAGE of ‘Pray’ as a term.

Perhaps you should have checked first before you embarked on showing ignorance that lowers even more your credibility when it comes to spiritual matters which are multidimensional levels above this simple definition!!!

Soapy

Wow hasn't this thread descended into a tit for tat stoush.

Soapy I have to say, you are not responding to 3rd angel with supporting evidence.. that tells me immediately you are wrong in your assumptions and not really interested in debate. In a debate people usually need to support their arguments with good logical thinking and EVIDENCE.
Without evidence Soapy, youre resorting to nitpicking over spelling and grammar and it is pitiful....consequently, you are getting hammered.
Ermm… What is this?

You jump into the middle of a debate without checking the line of argument?

Do you not see that I have been posting to 3rdAngel for him to PINPOINT THE EXACT QUESTION HE WANTS ANSWERING!!

And what is 3rdAngels response?

Start off by NOT taking sides until you fully understand what is going on.

IT IS 3rdAngel who is not posting the questions he wants answering - My nitpicking is just a distraction away from HIS distraction.

I HAVE ANSWERED HIM… but just like with SZ, he just ignores what is posted to him - his tactic is to just to try to wear his opponent down by posting, re-posting, and re-re-posting.. ad nauseam the same text and links and adding a new question to the HUGE POSTS he makes.

You may be unaware that he has been doing this type of thing for a long time. His huge posts are a minefield in which he can plant ‘incendiaries’ waiting for his opponent to tread on.

This type of poster ‘can never be wrong’ since his argument will be modified as he goes along with subtle changes of belief CLOUDED and SHROUDED in the humungous posts he makes. And he makes them fast and repetitive by copy-pasting swathes of text and implanting auto-suggestions: ‘So that’s a no, then!’

Last edited:

samtonga43

Wow… ignorance must be your middle name. No wonder you have so much trouble debating with other people.
LOL! ‘Debating’ with people like you and SZ is a walk in the park, Soapy. Note that I placed the word ‘debate’ in quote marks because what we’re doing here is not debating.
A little thing such as the word, ‘Pray’, flummoxes you… Now THAT is crazy.
The flummox is all yours, Soapy.
“Pray, tell me… what do you not understand about the word, ‘Pray’?”
Oh my! Pray tell me = Please tell me. Is English your first language Soapy? If not, then I understand your confusion, and I will try to help you.
The word is not EXCLUSIVE to the Bible - which you seem not to understand.
You definitely do not understand that, in the Bible, the meaning of the word is used exclusively in relation to God.
I suggest you go back to debating on your own level with those less acquainted with truth and reality and leave Bible scripture stuff to those who have better understanding….
Use your own words, Soapy. ;)
If you are so adamantly ignorant in such a small thing then what if more complexed things were set out to you??
Tsk! Complex, not complexed.
Just for amusement I present an (annotated) extract from the book:
THE ENGLISH LADY’S COMPLETE CATECHISM: (The English lady's complete catechism - Wikisource, the free online library) Here is another extract from another book: “The men have ben long unpaid and need relief, I pray your Lordship that the money that should have gone to Plymouth may now be sent to Dover,”
:grinning: You’re right; this IS amusing. Here you are, quoting two-hundred-year-old words as evidence of the usage of the word ‘pray’ today. Got news for you, Soapy --this is 2022.
“Pray tell me” = Please tell me.
“I pray your Lordship” has no ‘to’ after the word ‘pray’. Why? Because this ‘Lordship’ is a human. We Christians do not pray to human beings. (Well. I don’t, but perhaps you do). ?
Perhaps you should have checked first before you embarked on showing ignorance that lowers even more your credibility when it comes to spiritual matters which are multidimensional levels above this simple definition!!!
Calm down. Soapy. One ! is quite sufficient.

3rdAngel

Ermm… What is this?

You jump into the middle of a debate without checking the line of argument?

Do you not see that I have been posting to 3rdAngel for him to PINPOINT THE EXACT QUESTION HE WANTS ANSWERING!!

And what is 3rdAngels response?

Start off by NOT taking sides until you fully understand what is going on.

IT IS 3rdAngel who is not posting the questions he wants answering - My nitpicking is just a distraction away from HIS distraction.

I HAVE ANSWERED HIM… but just like with SZ, he just ignores what is posted to him - his tactic is to just to try to wear his opponent down by posting, re-posting, and re-re-posting.. ad nauseam the same text and links and adding a new question to the HUGE POSTS he makes.

You may be unaware that he has been doing this type of thing for a long time. His huge posts are a minefield in which he can plant ‘incendiaries’ waiting for his opponent to tread on.

This type of poster ‘can never be wrong’ since his argument will be modified as he goes along with subtle changes of belief CLOUDED and SHROUDED in the humungous posts he makes. And he makes them fast and repetitive by copy-pasting swathes of text and implanting auto-suggestions: ‘So that’s a no, then!’
Look Soapy take some helpful advice from people trying to help you. @AdamjEdgar can see whats happening simply by reading the OP thread. Others here have been saying the same thing to both you and SZ for some time already. Just learn from your mistakes and move on. If you spend more time addressing the scriptures and the post content that is in disagreement with you rather than making false personal claims and accusations about others you cannot prove than you would become more believable here. When someone takes that approach others can see it is simply because you have no response to what has been posted to you so you try and make the discussion personal as a distraction because you are unable to address post and topic content that is in disagreement with you. People that are smart can see in a discussion if someone can prove what they say and form logical arguments or not. Anyhow just some helpful advice. No need to be angry with anyone here trying to help you. Lets try and get back on topic and have a proper discussion. If you feel you are unable for whatever reason perhaps you can pray about it and we can agree to disagree.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Soapy

LOL! ‘Debating’ with people like you and SZ is a walk in the park, Soapy. Note that I placed the word ‘debate’ in quote marks because what we’re doing here is not debating.

Oh my! Pray tell me = Please tell me. Is English your first language Soapy? If not, then I understand your confusion, and I will try to help you.

You definitely do not understand that, in the Bible, the meaning of the word is used exclusively in relation to God.

:grinning: You’re right; this IS amusing. Here you are, quoting two-hundred-year-old words as evidence of the usage of the word ‘pray’ today. Got news for you, Soapy --this is 2022.
“I pray your Lordship” has no ‘to’ after the word ‘pray’. Why? Because this ‘Lordship’ is a human. We Christians do not pray to human beings. (Well. I don’t, but perhaps you do). ?

Ummm…. Did I refer to the Bible when I said that 3rdAngel prayed to me for an answer….?

You now realise the grave error you made and are now trying to put false claims towards j my E to cover yourself.

Everyone can read the post dud themself and see that I did not use ‘pray’ in reference to God. In any case, I stipulated the meaning towards which I was using the term but you are the one who keeps using it in a biblical manner - then accuse me of not understanding what I am/was saying to you.

This manner of destructive criticism marks you out as someone willing to do anything to try to win a debate - but you fail at every step with this one….

What? You thought I might be a pushover? You thought you had something on me?

Read the scripture where a man who did not have the support of the spirit of God tried to exorcise a demon spirit - The demon Spirit turned on him and mutilated the man….!!

I pray you to go back to disagreeing with someone else - you are not qualified in this thread regarding the debate between 3rdAngel and myself!!

Soapy

Look Soapy take some helpful advice from people trying to help you. @AdamjEdgar can see whats happening simply by reading the OP thread. Others here have been saying the same thing to both you and SZ for some time already. Just learn from your mistakes and move on. If you spend more time addressing the scriptures and the post content that is in disagreement with you rather than making false personal claims and accusations about others you cannot prove than you would become more believable here. When someone takes that approach others can see it is simply because you have no response to what has been posted to you so you try and make the discussion personal as a distraction because you are unable to address post and topic content that is in disagreement with you. People that are smart can see in a discussion if someone can prove what they say and form logical arguments or not. Anyhow just some helpful advice. No need to be angry with anyone here trying to help you. Lets try and get back on topic and have a proper discussion. If you feel you are unable for whatever reason perhaps you can pray about it and we can agree to disagree.

Take Care.
Oh my… says the man who can’t learn the difference between “your” and “you’re”.

How many times did I point it out to you and you still continued your error?

Also, I wrote in plain simple English that the questions you want me to answer I will answer IF YOUR OUTLINE THEM EXPLICITLY instead of posting links to humongous posts from yesteryear.

Surely even you don’t even know what questions you think I haven’t answered to you still need answering.

And how many times have I stipulated my request to you and you cannot respond?

And why can’t you respond? Because you are actually playing a game - Tuh! Such childishness.

It’s your trademark. Even SZ can see through your tactic… yet you still persist in using it - Wow!! You are brazen - That’s not name-calling, just an expression of truth! But maybe you use it so often you don’t know any other way of debating…. I feel sorry for you - I’d have you on my side if I were into despicable debating like I see in online trinity-vs-JW debates. Happily I’m not into that so your methodology saddens me - not gladden me!

Soapy

“Debating with SZ is a walk in the park!”…. Maybe - so is that what made you bold enough to challenge me unwarrantedly?

“Complex”, yes, thank you. I saw it changed by auto-edit but was rushing to go out and didn’t bother to change it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
LOL! ‘Debating’ with people like you and SZ is a walk in the park, Soapy. Note that I placed the word ‘debate’ in quote marks because what we’re doing here is not debating
And yet you refuse to do it. In fact the one "debate" we had you ran away from eventually. You know, the one where you tried to defend the myth about Noah and his magic boat.

3rdAngel

Oh my… says the man who can’t learn the difference between “your” and “you’re”.
Are you referring to yourself here in post # 1351 linked Mr Grammarly? (Matthew 7:1-5)
How many times did I point it out to you and you still continued your error?
Lets be honest here Soapy. You have never proven anywhere in this thread that what I have posted to you from this OP and scripture is in error. This is why others on this website have been saying to you and pointing out that you simply make statements unsupported by any fact or evidence to support what you say than make personal claims and accusations you are also unable to support while not addressing any actual scriptures and post content that is in disagreement with you. This has been pointed out to you by others reading our discussions in this thread has it not?
Also, I wrote in plain simple English that the questions you want me to answer I will answer IF YOUR OUTLINE THEM EXPLICITLY instead of posting links to humongous posts from yesteryear. Surely even you don’t even know what questions you think I haven’t answered to you still need answering. And how many times have I stipulated my request to you and you cannot respond? And why can’t you respond? Because you are actually playing a game - Tuh! Such childishness.
Lets be honest please Soapy. You are making strawman arguments no one is talking about here as a distraction to something I have never requested from you. You know that I was asking you to address the posts and scripture content that are in disagreement to your claims that Gods' 4th commandment "seventh day Sabbath" is any day of the week from the posts you ignored and are unwilling to respond to in post # 1577 linked; post # 1578 linked; post # 1579 linked; post # 1580 linked; post # 1581 linked; post # 1582 linked and post # 1583 linked. The linked posts are the most recent. You have been ignoring my post and scripture content and unwilling to respond to them because they prove from the scriptures why what you claim is not biblical. The childishness therefore is your side not mine because you are unwilling to address the post and scripture content the prove what you say is not truthful. Others can also see this and have been pointing it out to you. Your response has been to get angry with everyone that is in disagreement with you rather than receiving helpful correction and moving on with the discussion here.
It’s your trademark. Even SZ can see through your tactic…
I do not know why you think it is evidence to support your view here by trying to appeal to someone that does the exact some things as you do in this discussion. Everything shared with you here has been proven with evidence and even other random people throughout this thread have told you the exact same things Soapy. You make claims unsupported by any evidence while ignoring all the evidence that is presented against what you say that is in disagreement with you proving what you say is untruthful. This is why it was pointed out to you earlier that you are being destroyed in our debate because your unable to prove what you say while the evidence shared against you proves what you say is untruthful.
You are brazen - That’s not name-calling, just an expression of truth! But maybe you use it so often you don’t know any other way of debating…. I feel sorry for you - I’d have you on my side if I were into despicable debating like I see in online trinity-vs-JW debates. Happily I’m not into that so your methodology saddens me - not gladden me!
To express something as truth you need to be able to support what you say with evidence and prove what you say is true. If you cannot provide evidence for your claims and accusations you make against others here than all you have provided are false claims and accusations you are unable to prove which is untruthful and being dishonest. Don't feel sorry for me. Feel sorry for yourself as many other people that are reading our discussions now have pointed this out to you but you are closing your eye refusing to receive correction so you can learn from your mistakes and move on. I feel sorry for you as I would much rather you learn and move on so we can discuss the OP.

Take Care

Last edited:

3rdAngel

“Complex”, yes, thank you. I saw it changed by auto-edit but was rushing to go out and didn’t bother to change it.
As shown in post # 1351 linked and in the post you are quoting from by @samtonga43 she is simply pointing out that you play Mr Grammarly to others here as a distraction to addressing scriptures and post content addressed to you when you make the same kinds of mistakes. We are best to do as Jesus says and not to be hypocrites and pull the beam out of our own eyes before trying to pull the splinter (typos) out of others * Matthew 7:1-5.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I do not know why you think it is evidence to support your view here by trying to appeal to someone that does the exact some things as you do in this discussion. Everything shared with you here has been proven with evidence and even other random people throughout this thread have told you the exact same things Soapy. You make claims unsupported by any evidence while ignoring all the evidence that is presented against what you say that is in disagreement with you proving what you say is untruthful. This is why it was pointed out to you earlier that you are being destroyed in our debate because your unable to prove what you say while the evidence shared against you proves what you say is untruthful.
No, it does show that you are not fooling anyone. Do you not remember how so many people just dropped this discussion in disgust? I was bored. You were entertaining. You kept doing what you accused others of. I brought my own twist up to the discussion and you still cannot handle it. Just because you cannot handle a discussion does not make your opponent "untruthful'.

3rdAngel

No, it does show that you are not fooling anyone. Do you not remember how so many people just dropped this discussion in disgust? I was bored. You were entertaining. You kept doing what you accused others of. I brought my own twist up to the discussion and you still cannot handle it. Just because you cannot handle a discussion does not make your opponent "untruthful'.
That would be something you would have to prove. You never have.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: You have not provided anything factual SZ. If you have you would be able prove what your saying here and not run away from a discussion.
Your response here...
False again. The only way to show that you were and again are running away was to ask you questions that you were afraid to answer, and in most cases you even pretended that they did not exist. You are still running. It is your OP. Why are you afraid to discuss it?
The only one running away from the discussion is you. What have you posted in this thread that has addressed anything in the OP? - Nothing. If you disagree please post me a link and prove your false claims and accusations. Your words here are simply untruthful but they do make me smile because you are unable to prove what you say showing what you are posting here is not true and it is you who is running away from the discussion here. :)

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Nope sorry I am just enjoying the popcorn. As posted earlier I do enjoy our chats even if there is nothing truthful in what you say. :)
Your response here...
Oh I have plenty to say. But you keep demonstrating fear. Why else would you continually run away from discussions about the OP? Are you still afraid? You appear to have no answer to the fact that the six day creation story is a myth. Or that the Hebrews got their seven day week from the Babylonians. You are applying exegesis improperly.
You do? I am still waiting to hear what you have to say in regards to the OP. Please let me know when your ready to start. You do not need to be afraid to understand the truth. Make a start and lets discuss. You do not know what exegesis is dear friend do you. Perhaps you can prove your claims if you disagree with anything I have posted here in regards to exegesis. If you cannot than all you have is empty words unsupported by fact again proving what you say is untrue and showing you are running away from a discussion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your response here...

You do? I am still waiting to hear what you have to say in regards to the OP. Please let me know when your ready to start. You do not need to be afraid to understand the truth. Make a start and lets discuss. You do not know what exegesis is dear friend do you. Perhaps you can prove your claims if you disagree with anything I have posted here in regards to exegesis. If you cannot than all you have is empty words unsupported by fact again proving what you say is untrue and showing you are running away from a discussion.
I already did. You seem to have no answer. But let's try again. You seem to base your exegesis on events that never happened. The six day creation myth, never happened. The Moses and the Ten Commandments story. the whole Moses thing did not happen Was there a rather small group of ancestors to the ancient Hebrews in Egypt? Maybe, but the stories themselves appear to be legend at best. So what is your basis of the claim that Saturday is special?

3rdAngel

I already did. You seem to have no answer. But let's try again. You seem to base your exegesis on events that never happened. The six day creation myth, never happened. The Moses and the Ten Commandments story. the whole Moses thing did not happen Was there a rather small group of ancestors to the ancient Hebrews in Egypt? Maybe, but the stories themselves appear to be legend at best. So what is your basis of the claim that Saturday is special?
Then prove what you say. Post a single link to where you have proven what you say? I am not really interested in you quoting you unsupported by any facts of evidence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Then prove what you say. Post a single link to where you have proven what you say? I am not really interested in you quoting you unsupported by any facts of evidence.
What do you want me to prove? What did I write that you have problems with? Let's go over it point by point. What I posted is fairly common knowledge so I did not think that any of it needed "evidence". But if you disagree just tell me where.

3rdAngel

What do you want me to prove? What did I write that you have problems with? Let's go over it point by point. What I posted is fairly common knowledge so I did not think that any of it needed "evidence". But if you disagree just tell me where.
All your false claims and accusations and address the post content that has been sent to you. There is a lot. When are you doing to make a start?

3rdAngel

Agreed sis well said. :)