But you haven't responded to the list I posted above (#348). Do you say they're all forgeries? Lies? Errors of translation? The devil corrupting scripture? Or do you think they align with the history of the Christian church, which as I said had early pressure to elevate its central character to God status but couldn't agree how till they settled for the incoherent Trinity doctrine in the 4th century?
Isaiah 9:6 looks back to 7:14. The government was on the shoulder of the child the lady bore in Isaiah. That, like everything else in the Tanakh, has nothing to do with Jesus.
2 Corinthians 21: Makes no claim that Jesus is God. Why would it? for Paul, Jesus is "Lord" to the glory of the Father who is God.
Colossians 2:9 merely affirms Jesus' status as God's envoy. If you're the US ambassador to somewhere, in you by agency dwells the full authority of the Presidency.
Hebrews 1:3 does not say Jesus is God. Again it says Jesus wields God's authority.
Hebrews 1:8 πρὸς δὲ τὸν υἱόν ὁ θρόνος equally translates as "God is your throne".
Mark 1:24: "the Holy One of God" (a) is not said by Mark's Jesus and (b) doesn't mean "God".
Matthew 1:23 invokes Isaiah 7:14. The name Immanuel means "God is with us". It does not mean "I am God." Do you think Kant's mother thought she had born a god?
John 1-4 identifies Jesus as the personification of a quality of God, the logos. (Some have suggested that means God's wisdom.) It doesn't say Jesus is God. It says he was in the beginning with God and part of God.
John 5:18 contains no claim by Jesus to be God nor any claim by critics that he's God, only "equal to God".
John 8:58 As I said, in John, Jesus exists in heaven with God and creates the material universe, so in that version, before Abraham he certainly WAS.
John 10:30 Read John 17 and see the manner in which Jesus is one with God and how you too can be one with God in exactly the same manner.
John 20:28 Jesus makes no claim to be God. Thomas' awestruck epithet doesn't alter that.
Acts 10:41 doesn't contain any claim that Jesus is God. The reference is to the Jewish God in the preceding verse.
1 Peter 1:1 contains no claim that Jesus is God.
Titus 2:13 Yes, it calls him God. David gets called God (Psalm 45:6) too. But Titus is low-status, one of the three pseudepigraphical "pastorals", and I don't think I'd prefer it, even as flattery, to the robust denials by all five Jesuses, as I've quoted you.
Not at all. You were directly shown the scriptures in the post you were quoting from that state Jesus is God. You just chose to ignore them. In post # 347 linked you were also directly told that the list you are trying to respond to (e.g John 1:1-4; 14; John 5:18; Matthew 1:23; from Isaiah 9:6; Titus 2:13; Mark 1:24; Acts 10:41; 2 Corinthians 1:21; John 10:30; John 8:58; John 20:28; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:3; Hebrews 1:8; 1 Peter 1:1) in the linked post was a list that included both a list of scripture that say (1) Jesus in God and (2) that Jesus was creator and (3) in the beginning with God. That list was never a list of scripture directly stating Jesus was God. So why pretend that was what I was saying? I posted out the scriptures in full in the same linked post stating that Jesus was God from the gospel writers and the Apostles. You just chose to conveniently ignore them.
You were shown in post # 347 linked the scripture referring to Jesus as God by the writers of the Gospels and Apostles, and post # 349 linked you were shown your claims to one God and Jesus not being God was in error. You just simply ignored both of those post. I wonder why? Not a single scripture you provided in your posts disagree with anything shared with you. If you believe that is not true let's discuss it. However I do not think our discussion will go to far if your going to continue to ignore the content of my posts shared with you and pretend that there is no scripture in the bible calling Jesus God by the gospel writers and the Apostles. That would be simply a lie.
Here let me post them again and give me your response....
As posted earlier, the scripture provided to you (the list of all scriptures) dear friend were direct quotes stating that (1) not only did Jesus pre-exist creation but that (2) Jesus was the God of creation. Did you read them Here lets look at a few I do not think you read them..
- JOHN 1:1-4; 14 1, 1, IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD. 2, THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD. 3, ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. 4, In him was life; and the life was the light of men.  He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. , AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US, AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY AS OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.
- 1 JOHN 5:20 20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son JESUS CHRIST HE IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE.
- JOHN 20:28 28 Thomas answered him, “MY LORD AND MY GOD!”
- HEBREWS 1:8 But UNTO THE SON HE SAYS, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, WILL LAST FOR EVER AND EVER; A SCEPTER OF JUSTICE WILL BE THE SCEPTER OF YOUR KINGDOM.
- 2 PETER 1:1 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of OUR GOD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST
- TITUS 2:1313 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST
- JOHN 10:30-33 30 I and the father are one. 31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, BECAUSE YOU, BEING A MAN, MAKE YOURSELF GOD.”
- LUKE 1:35 “The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and HE WILL BE CALLED THE SON OF GOD”
Agreed it is a waste of time if your not going to respond to my posts and scriptures shared with you and try and build and tare down paper dragons no one is talking about. You were told in post # 347 linked already that that the this list (e.g John 1:1-4; 14; John 5:18; Matthew 1:23; from Isaiah 9:6; Titus 2:13; Mark 1:24; Acts 10:41; 2 Corinthians 1:21; John 10:30; John 8:58; John 20:28; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:3; Hebrews 1:8; 1 Peter 1:1) was a list of scriptures showing that Jesus was from the beginning with God and the God of creation testified by the gospel writers and Apostles. You were also shown in post # 347 linked the scriptures by the gospel writers and the Apostles testifying that Jesus is God. You were not told that every scripture in that list was a reference to Jesus being God. I posted those out in full and you ignored then in the very post you were responding to. While in post # 349 linked you were shown that any claim that there was only "one" God singular is not supported in the scriptures. Once again you choose to ignore these scriptures because they prove your interpretation of the scriptures is in error.Dear oh dear, what a waste of time!