• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Law of the Land says...

DavidFirth

Adding god to the pledge and money should be reversed. America was just fine how we were founded. No need to mix religion into government. That's fascist and dominionist.

As an atheist, I dislike seeing license plates with 'in god we trust' on it. And that's the standard issue, not a upgrade.

In my county you are given the choice of county name or In God we trust.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
that "under God" is a permanent part of the Pledge of Allegiance to the US flag. Congress passed the law in 1954 and President Eisenhower signed it into law.

Discuss.
But here God clearly is the dollar. After all the dollar bills clearly says it is the God that Americans trust. And it's obvious that US folks believe in the dollar more than anything else in heaven and earth. ;)

220px-1in_god_we_trust.jpg

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I like it, because it's likely to also be in reference to minding one's own business, as in not butting your nose in where it doesn't belong. Cable news as we know it might die within a month if we all starting doing that.

I don't know where you get the idea that this is an issue of "Trump supporters." To things like this and the offense taken over the NFL players taking a knee, you are blinding yourself to the fact many people who aren't Trump supporters believe "in god we trust" and "one nation under god" should stay, and would be very offended if they were removed. They've been around way longer than Trump's political career. Rather, they tend to be "god and country" types, and sometimes they even vote Democrat, and even with a good number of them having voted for Hillary.

There's really no reason to assume such issues are exclusive to Trump supporters, and that Trump supporters hold similar positions on the subject. With the kneeling and "under god," it's more of a Conservative thing than a Trump supporter thing. Even if Hillary was in office, their would still be people outraged over such things.
I think if you looked at the people who are offended by the NFL protests against police brutality and racial prejudice, you would find that the vast majority voted for Trump. I'm not sure there is a way to prove that, though. It is just an assumption on my part, and it could be wrong.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think if you looked at the people who are offended by the NFL protests against police brutality and racial prejudice, you would find that the vast majority voted for Trump. I'm not sure there is a way to prove that, though. It is just an assumption on my part, and it could be wrong.
I live in a state full of Conservatives. Yes, the state went from Trump, but there are lots of people who hate Trump, did not vote for Trump, but yet they are offended over the kneeling and the very idea of removing references to god. These are people aren't even necessarily "Alt-Right" or Trump supporters, but "regular" Conservatives who believe everything should revolve around god and country. Some have even said the kneeling thing is the first time they've ever agreed with Trump.
In my county you are given the choice of county name or In God we trust.
I choose to reject a flag, reject an anthem, reject god, reject a pledge, and instead embrace that all are equal. Not before god or a piece of paper or a drinking song (war song when you add the lyrics), but before the ideas that we are all entitled to equality under the law.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I live in a state full of Conservatives. Yes, the state went from Trump, but there are lots of people who hate Trump, did not vote for Trump, but yet they are offended over the kneeling and the very idea of removing references to god. These are people aren't even necessarily "Alt-Right" or Trump supporters, but "regular" Conservatives who believe everything should revolve around god and country. Some have even said the kneeling thing is the first time they've ever agreed with Trump.
Don't you think it is a bit hypocritical to label yourself as "conservative", yet ignore the fact that the constitution and the SCOTUS clearly forbids any establishment of religion, any public funds being provided to religious institutions, and our founding fathers making clear that we aren't a religiously oriented nation?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Don't you think it is a bit hypocritical to label yourself as "conservative"
You'll have to ask them. I try to point out the issue of mutually respecting the rights of those you don't agree with, but to them that's not even the issue.
I'm also going to hope "don't you think....labeling yourself as conservative" isn't aimed directly at me.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
You'll have to ask them. I try to point out the issue of mutually respecting the rights of those you don't agree with, but to them that's not even the issue.
I'm also going to hope "don't you think....labeling yourself as conservative" isn't aimed directly at me.
Of course not. I wasn't directing that at you personallyl.

QuestioningMind

that "under God" is a permanent part of the Pledge of Allegiance to the US flag. Congress passed the law in 1954 and President Eisenhower signed it into law.

Discuss.

It was an idiotic change made by un-American politicians who completely ignored the intent of the founding fathers. Correcting this mistake is LONG overdue.