• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Last Supper Painting

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
Luther's theses initiated more than a hundred years of bloodshed, political upheaval, war and civil war.
I don't think that was his plan. I know the road to hell is paved with good intentions, but you got to give the guy a little credit. He was trying to make things better.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don't think that was his plan. I know the road to hell is paved with good intentions, but you got to give the guy a little credit. He was trying to make things better.
Yes and no, and the "no" comes in with the fact that he was strongly anti-Semitic, was willing to break solemn vows to God, plus quite willing to go to war.

I have just been looking at a YouTube Video that talks about The Last Supper Painting.

In it a woman who is said to be Mary Magdalene is next to Jesus. I have seen "other" depictions of this painting in which Mary is not shown. I've talked to religious folk so enured to the idea of the sinful Eve, that it would not surprise me to find that someone edited her out. I'm not looking it up right now, but I believe that Jesus had a rather undebatable opinion of Mary Magdalene.

My own opinion of Mary Magdalene is that the book "The Da Vinci Code" the depiction of her is most accurate. :)

Very interesting.
The Da Vinci Code is a 'hoax'.. Leonardo Da Vinci did not spell his name Da Vinci. He spelled it da Vinci.

Leonardo da Vinci

Or am I 'pulling' rabbits out of the hat?

Are you going to continue swimming upstream or are you going to start going with the tide?

Noone can ever win a losing battle albeit how hard they try. It's wasted years.

Look.. What is your life expectancy? We are not immortal, yet.

Last edited: