• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Google translate use to be hilarious. Some of the Chinese translations in the early days of Google Translate were comedy gold. It has goen much better than ti use to be. But I still recommend if you are translating from English to Chinese, once you get the Chinese for what you are trying to say, translate that back to English, generally it is fine, but on occasion it is WAY off. Once had a coworker try that as a joke and send me an email, Google translated it, and he thought he was calling me a Jerk in Chinese. When I showed it to Mrs Wu, she asked why is he calling you a rapist.
Google translated it VERY wrong. To this day Ihave not yet let him forget that ;)

I still do that with English/French/English when I'm doing official stuff, letters to the Imports (Tax) or CPAM/Ameli (health service) etc.

Always best to make double sure.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
If it has any at all, it is probably this

61UYBPHiLuL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

It is a cat after all.... aka evil incarnate

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I still do that with English/French/English when I'm doing official stuff, letters to the Imports (Tax) or CPAM/Ameli (health service) etc.

Always best to make double sure.
For fun, go to google translate enter something like "have a nice day" and translate it at least a half dozen times into other languages. The last time it came out as "good day"

Wu Wei

At least it's not a grumpy bear on the lookout for picnic baskets
May be grumpy... and inspecting pick-a-nick baskets is my JOB.... but at least I don't try and take your soul...may maul you a little bit... but at least you are not sent to HADES for it....

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
If it has any at all, it is probably this

61UYBPHiLuL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

It is a cat after all.... aka evil incarnate
Not a fan of goats, either?
May be grumpy... and inspecting pick-a-nick baskets is my JOB.... but at least I don't try and take your soul...may maul you a little bit... but at least you are not sent to HADES for it....
I wouldn't mind Hades, though maybe not this time of year. I'd rather wait for the cool months, so I can see Persephone.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You should realize, of course, that the Lord of Karma is a cat and you have just earned being a cat lady in your next life spending every second of the day caring for your 50 cats.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
You should realize, of course, that the Lord of Karma is a cat and you have just earned being a cat lady in your next life spending every second of the day caring for your 50 cats.
All the cats became terribly ill around the time the Covid lockdowns hit.

It took me about 3 hours twice a day to get them fed/medicated(several had to have food/liquid forced on them).

Wu Wei

All the cats became terribly ill around the time the Covid lockdowns hit.

It took me about 3 hours twice a day to get them fed/medicated(several had to have food/liquid forced on them).
So you admit to being a minion of evil....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Been in hell, not a nice place to be.

Also been to the gates of hell at Solfatara.