• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I could stuff you into an oven and set it for [Rewarm]. It would be small, dry, and deathly hot…..just like Texas. :D

We had a long-standing joke in my home state of Alaska, that the state Senate was debating cutting our state in half, for no other reason than to make Texas the third largest state. :p
Your home state is Alaska? Too much wet and snow for me. I live in NE Texas where it's not dry and deathly hot, by the way. And Texas is many things but it's not small. Rhode Island is small. Delaware is small. Connecticut is small.

Hey, I may be winning something or other!

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Living in France which is smaller than Texas but i don't care... That's a win

It's a sunny day (with scattered clouds) and 15c so thats a win too

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Living in France which is smaller than Texas but i don't care... That's a win

It's a sunny day (with scattered clouds) and 15c so thats a win too

But they still have Paris.

1679752747740.png

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
certainement pas...... c'est un discours de fou

Of course, we don't have to speak French now, thanks to a young George Washington who won the French and Indian War for the British and expanded their empire - and all they gave him was a lousy t-shirt. But he later showed them at Yorktown, when he defeated General Charles "Corn" Wallace. The French helped us on that one.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
New France in America actually covered quite a bit of territory, even more than what's shown on that map I posted earlier. The territory of Louisiana (named after Louis XIV) covered quite a bit of territory, including the Great Lakes States and much of the Great Plains region. Of course, it doesn't mean much now, but I think there's a little bit of Cajun lingering around in all of those states.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The Senate report concluded that Eckstrom was solely responsible for the mapping error, which happened during the state's transition to a new internal information system from 2011 to 2017. State officials testified that Eckstrom ignored auditors' yearslong warnings of a "material weakness" in his office and flawed cash reporting.

"Mapping error."

Eckstrom has said the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report exaggerated the state's cash balances for a decade by double counting the money sent to colleges and universities. The mistake went unsolved until a junior staffer fixed the error this fall.

Officials have said the overstatement did not affect the state budget. But lawmakers alarmed by Eckstrom's inconsistent testimony slammed his failure to fulfill one of his primary constitutional duties: to publish an accurate account of state finances.

So, it didn't affect the state budget, and there doesn't appear to be any allegation of stealing or embezzlement. It seems he made a mistake when they transitioned over to a new internal information system.