• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
French kiss ?......French fries?......French history?.....French dressing?......French what?

Thank you....I ran out......why would @ChristineM be so inconsiderate as to not communicate what she means ? Her and her Scot chum may know the code, I sure don't like people being so....so....secretive..eh...

@Revoltingest french engine, are you not following the conversation or did you just want an excuse to gripe?

Daemon Sophic

I'm curious about the final outcome.
I guess I'd better hit the hay before the hay hits me.

funny-epic.gif

Unless he was thrown to one side, the outcome was likely lethal. :oops: Those hay rolls are usually over 1,000 lbs ( >450kg). At velocity, the bones of his limbs and his ribs would fracture, and lethality would depend upon which internal organs were ruptured…..much like a car vs pedestrian collision.
Those bales are also not soft and giving. It’s like a 5 foot diameter wooden log.

Daemon Sophic

Unless he was thrown to one side, the outcome was likely lethal. :oops: Those hay rolls are usually over 1,000 lbs ( >450kg). At velocity, the bones of his limbs and his ribs would fracture, and lethality would depend upon which internal organs were ruptured…..much like a car vs pedestrian collision.
Those bales are also not soft and giving. It’s like a 5 foot diameter wooden log.
OK. I found it. He did get thrown to one side, so he lived. :) Failing at your try for a Darwin Award would count as a win. Right? :rolleyes:
Viral Video: Man Hit By Massive Hay Bale

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@Revoltingest french engine, are you not following the conversation or did you just want an excuse to gripe?
I also have a replica Ferdinand Forest engine.
The original is French, ca 1883.
It's a non-compression 2-cycle flame ignition engine.
The Lenoir cyle....he was French too.
I'm thinking of selling it.
(Too many other things demanding attention.)
R.46bf5579f707ad83e367325c80a23dca

ChristineM

Premium Member
It immigrated here back around 1917 though.
It no longer has a French accent.
Hey...would you happen to have a carb for it?
(Technically, it's not a carburetor...different kind
of gas valve, one without a float.)

Nope, sorry, it's not the sort of thing i keep about my person. And I'm thinking you'd have a hard time finding one.

A carburetor won't be much good for an aircraft engine. Flying at funny angles (especially upside down) may cause the demise of the whole idea of flying.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I also have a replica Ferdinand Forest engine.
The original is French, ca 1883.
It's a non-compression 2-cycle flame ignition engine.
The Lenoir cyle....he was French too.
I'm thinking of selling it.
(Too many other things demanding attention.)
R.46bf5579f707ad83e367325c80a23dca

That is a clever engine, two people can walk holding the engine between them and pretend they are scrap iron powered

ChristineM

Premium Member
Been back from a funeral for about 10 minutes. The dear old lady died age 95, now that's winning.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nope, sorry, it's not the sort of thing i keep about my person. And I'm thinking you'd have a hard time finding one.

A carburetor won't be much good for an aircraft engine. Flying at funny angles (especially upside down) may cause the demise of the whole idea of flying.
Carbs are commonly used on airplanes that don't fly upside down.