• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
One simple act of generosity, consideration, or thoughtfulness can literally have a domino affect, eventually touching people you may never meet. In a very real way, a simple act of kindness can expand your positive impact on the world beyond the limitations of your individual reach.

We might not be able to see it or measure it, but if we all make a conscious choice to be kind, we can create the kind of world we want to live in, starting with ourselves.

I recently contributed to the Kindness Manifesto, a free download available on TheBridgeMaker.com that includes 132 ideas to make kindness a daily habit. My suggestions included:

• Listen without forming an opinion or judgment.
  • Give without expecting something in return.
  • Help without feeling or acting superior.
  • Be willing to say no if it’s the best thing you can do.
  • Be kind to yourself–it’s the first step in being kind to everyone else
How do you spread kindness around you?

From the Tiny Buddha site -

Tiny Wisdom: On Everyday Kindness

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
20170217_friday_quote_alternate2.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness requires us to offer two things that can be very difficult to give in our world today: empathy and time.

Empathy means putting yourself in another person’s place. Often that means slowing down and offering your time to another person when they really need you.

It’s nice to send someone a text or an email when they are having a hard time. Kindness means taking the time to pick up the phone and call them. Kindness is stopping by someone’s house to sit with them and just listen.

Why You Should Opt for Kindness vs Niceness

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Some people say there’s no such thing as a selfless act—that any time we do something to help another person, we get something in return, even if it’s just a warm fuzzy feeling.

I’ve spent a lot of time playing with this idea in my head. It doesn’t really bother me to know it feels good to help someone else. That, to me, is a completely acceptable type of selfishness. What give me cause for concern are the underlying expectations we often have when we give “selflessly.”

We’ve all been there. You cover for your coworker because you know you’ll need her assistance next month. You give your sister $20, and then silently look for ways she can pay you back, even if not monetarily. You help your friend get leads for a job, and then feel angry when she isn’t as proactive in offering you support.

20 Ways to Give Without Expectations

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Living life fully kindness - several ...
  1. Don’t badmouth other people. If there’s something you don’t like about someone, say it to his/her face — otherwise, don’t say it at all. It’s not nice to badmouth others, and it also reflects a small mind.
  2. Be empathetic. If everyone only sees life from his/her own perspective, we’ll forever be close-minded and insular. See things from others’ shoes.
  3. Be compassionate. Show compassion and kindness to everyone around you.
101 Ways To Live Your Life To The Fullest | Personal Excellence

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Start a kindness revolution

Kindness. That’s a word we don’t hear a lot these days. Perhaps it seems antiquated in our competitive, social-media-infused, politically contentious culture—reserved for fools and chumps, not for those who want to get ahead.

But nothing could be further from the truth, according to Tara Cousineau, researcher and author of the new book The Kindness Cure. In today’s world, she argues, we need to cultivate kindness more than ever—not only for the sake of our society, but for our own well-being.

From this site -

How to Start a Kindness Revolution

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness make a difference -

The healing power of kindness is amazing, but not many of us realize it. Indeed, just a small act of kindness can have a big positive impact on the world.

With our actions we are shaping our world, and hence the kind of life we are living. Different actions bring different results: an act of anger will bring hatred and violence, an act of kindness will bring love and compassion.

I believe that everyone feels that, when we are kind, no matter how small our acts of kindness are, we experience kindness coming back to us from the whole existence. When we are kind, we feel our soul opening, expanding and embracing the world. In this state of being, we feel transformed, as well as that we can help transform the world. By performing acts of kindness, we influence others to be kind too, and this produces an endless chain of effects, a circle of kindness.

From this site -

The Healing Power of Kindness: How Small Acts of Kindness Can Make a Big Difference

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
We’ve all been that kid at one time or another: the new kid in class, the shy or uneasy child reaching out to make new friends, the new kid in the neighborhood. And as parents, we all hope our child will be the one to offer up a smile and welcoming hello to break the ice.

Teaching and modeling kindness gives children a life skill they will take with them forever.

In a world where media bombard us and our children with talk of dislike, impatience and intolerance, teaching kindness to children is an important part of their healthy development―and their role in our communities. And the first lessons on this skill start at home.

Comes from this excellent site -

Kindness: How a Simple Act Can Make a Big Difference

All the best!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Almost finished for the day ... enjoy ...

Parenting encourage kindness

Do you ever remember hearing a friend or relative complain that their kids are too kind?

No, neither do we.

Kindness is one of those qualities that we can never have enough of.

There are so many reasons that kindness is important. At its essence, kindness allows us to develop awareness of and sensitivity to others. Having concern for others and being able to show that concern through our thoughts and actions helps us feel connected to the people and world around us.

5 Tips to Help Kids Develop The Kindness Advantage - Positive Parenting Solutions

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Mindfulness plus kindness -

The term mindfulness has been mentioned everywhere from front cover TIME Magazine to speeches at the United Nations. But some people are asking…what’s next?

Earlier this year I attended a talk by my favourite monk, Ajahn Brahm. He was speaking at Google Headquarters in Mountain View, California—a cool place for a forest monk to hang out. Brahm expressed the problem of separating mindfulness and compassion—they work far better together.

Mindfulness on it’s own is simply a present moment non-judgmental awareness, as researchers say. But to develop the beautiful peace, gentleness, and stillness of meditation, a kindly awareness is required.

So Brahm developed a new term—kindfulness. And I like it!

Mindfulness and kindness are the two wings to help you soar to the dizzy heights of insightful wisdom, unconditional joy, and deep peace.

It's Not Mindfulness Without Kindness - Mindful

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Life secrets kindness

Kindfulness is being aware of the present moment with heart. Whether this is finding time for a short prayer, a 20-minute centering practice, taking a walk in nature, or another kind of contemplative moment, make time for a “sacred routine.”

It’s much easier to embody radical kindness when you are not stressed. A kindful pause instills a foundation for a friendly mindset. Even if you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, or are holding a grudge, or anticipate a tough day ahead, simply acknowledge the moment without judgment and with a caring heart.

Comes from the finer minds site -

7 Secrets to Radical Kindness

Enjoy!