• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ways to be Kind and Happier

Do you know our kindness IQ was intact when we entered this world? We have to keep our kindness IQ through our actions. The more you use kindness, the more it strengthens. Like, I said we do not require a reason to be kind to people. Now, you must be thinking about how can we be kind to people without any reason or any thought. I am going to share ideas of the ways to be kind.

Read more at the calm sage site -

25 Ways to be Kind and Happier

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness listening generously -

Every once in a while, I come across a life-changing piece of knowledge.

Sometimes it’s something I want so much to be true and then discover that it actually is: Dark chocolate is good for you. So’s an occasional glass of red wine. Dark chocolate and red wine together are a truly splendid and healthy combination.

Comes from this site about living kindly -

The Kindness of Generous Listening…

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“A gift is like a seed; it is not an impressive thing. It is what can grow from the seed that is impressive. If we wait until our seed becomes a tree before we offer it, we will wait and wait, and the seed will die from lack of planting…. The miracle is not just the gift; the miracle is in the offering, for if we do not offer, who will?” (Wayne Muller)

Plenty more quotes here -

Quotes & Resources

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Another great hunch -

What does being kind mean to you?

For example -

What does kindness mean to you? When I was younger, I thought I knew what kindness meant. It involves being nice to other people, making them happy, and doing the right thing and the good thing as often as possible.

Right?

Well, not exactly. As I’ve grown older and gained more life experience, I’ve discovered that kindness comes in many forms that don’t always look “kind.” I’ve also discovered what counts as “right” and “good” to one person might not to the next.

We all know kindness is important. But I think it’s also important to acknowledge that while often the kind thing to do is crystal clear, sometimes it’s a little murkier. It can be tricky to know what counts as kindness, towards ourselves and other people, and which behaviours might seem like kindness but do more harm than good. In this post, I want to share a few thoughts on the true meaning of kindness towards ourselves and others, especially for those grey area situations of life in which kindness feels less clear-cut and less, well, kind.

The True Meaning of Kindness - Becoming Who You Are

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
When you hear the word “kindness”, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Is it about being nice to other people? Or is it doing good things whenever possible?

Truth is, there is more to kindness than being nice and doing right by others. In fact, there may not be a single word that can describe the true meaning of kindness.

The dictionary defines kindness as the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate. Other synonyms of kindness are goodwill, warmth, tenderness, selflessness, and benevolence.

Yet none of those terms can truly convey the significance and complexity of the word.

Read MUCH more here -

The True Definition of Kindness and It's Importance

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
When we talk of helping others, the first thing we usually think of is giving them material things or making cash donations. But there are a lot of ways to help others that don’t involve spending money.

Helping people isn’t just for those with millions in their bank accounts. Each and every one of us has something that we can offer to others. Be it your time, your knowledge, or your ability to crack some really good jokes – all of these can go a long way in making people’s lives a lot less hard. Just imagine how different the world would be if all of us strive to help one another.

If you’re wondering how you can serve others in your own little way, here are 100 ways to help others even if you’re not rich:

Read the list here -

100 Ways to Help Others Even If You're Not Rich - Our Father's House Soup Kitchen

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - ways to help others in your community -

Here is one site -

COVID-19 has affected us all – ourselves, our kids, our communities and beyond. Since the earliest days of the pandemic, Save the Children has been on the front lines assessing the unique needs of children.

Today, more than 18 months since the start of the pandemic, an estimated 1.1 million children have lost at least one parent or grandparent to COVID. Weak health systems and child protection systems have collapsed. Too many families have plunged into poverty. If you’re eager to make an impact in your local community, here are some simple and thoughtful ways to help others in need.

10 Ways to Help Others in Your Community Who May Be Hit Hardest by COVID 19

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From another recent site - charity stories -

For example

So when it comes to teaching my two daughters about generosity, what could be better than to tell them stories of kids who happened upon a need in society and set out to fix it?

Below is a list of eight kids who founded their own charities. Some of these organizations address local needs and others reach internationally, but all were founded by kids.

Kids Charities: 8 Stories to Inspire Generosity in Kids

Plus suggested searches may be fruitful too!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Another hunch - raising generous kids - plus the suggested searches!

Kids tend to generalize into their real life what they’ve learned from realistic stories more than fantastic stories, the researchers found. So ask children’s librarians to help you find books that highlight generosity by human protagonists from around the world, rather than animals.

Corky Klimczak of the Collaborative for Educational Services, one of the Greater Good Parenting Initiative grantees, suggests the following children’s books about generosity: Thank You, Omu! by Oge Mora, Biblioburro by Jeanette Winter, Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett and Jon Klassen, The Trees of the Dancing Goats by Patricia Polacco, and Something Special for Me by Vera Williams. (But don’t rush to throw out your kids’ animal or fantasy stories; they can help with instilling a love for reading and engage kids’ imagination.)

How to Inspire Your Kids to Be Generous

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Look for the heroes -

According to research, the individuals we admire may represent some aspect of our ideal selves as they demonstrate moral courage through difficult times and a desire to do good in the world. They can also inspire us to live more meaningful lives. Studies suggest that seeing images of heroes may move us to sense greater meaning in our lives—and even increase our drive to help others.

Basic social cognitive theory tells us that we are motivated through “vicarious experiences”—as we witness others’ actions. In fact, when adults observe courageous behaviors in their workplaces, like a teacher standing up for a group of students or a colleague advocating for an important policy, they are more likely to see the potential for organizational change and feel inspired to act courageously themselves.

Our students can benefit from models of courage, too. In the “Who Are Your Heroes?” lesson from Giraffe Heroes Project, students listen to and present hero stories, while exploring the risks and benefits of courageous acts. Stories like these can communicate shared values, make us more empathic, and may encourage us to help others.

Comes from tis excellent article I just received about challenging times -

Six Ways to Find Your Courage During Challenging Times

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How to make the world a better place - for example this at Tiny Buddha -

I have always wanted to change the world.

I remember being four years old, sitting glued to the television on Sunday mornings, not watching cartoons, but utterly captivated by World Vision. I cried about the injustices in the world, and begged my mother to let me sponsor Maria, the girl with the large, sad eyes who was around my age.

My mom patiently tried to explain to me that we couldn’t afford to send her money. I couldn’t understand, since we seemed to live in luxury compared to Maria.

Having been raised in a middle-class community of about 800 people in rural Newfoundland, I had never seen a stark divide between the rich and the poor. We all seemed to be the same to my four-year-old eyes.

My heart broke for Maria, and all of the other children on the show. I vowed to myself that someday, I was going to help people like her.

Throughout my childhood, I told everyone that I wanted to change the world. Many didn’t take me seriously. They’d say, “One person can’t change anything.”

Read the rest of the suggestions here -

10 Simple Ways to Make the World a Better Place

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
76104-Making-The-World-A-Better-Place.jpg

More at this site -

Making the world a better place

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Want to start engaging in random acts of kindness? Here’s a big list of ideas.

Feel free to do any of these ideas or change them in ways that fit your life or your style.

Compliment someone on one of their personality traits

Write a handwritten card to someone to say thanks

Text a friend to share your gratitude for something they did for you

Leave a positive review online of a restaurant you like

Tell a friend what you love about their children

Compliment a photo someone posts on social media

Let someone cut in front of you in line

Introduce two people who you think would get along

Pick up trash on the ground and put it in the garbage

Compliment someone on their clothing or hair

For the full article - includes suggestions for kids to be kind too.

Emotional Skills: 25 Skills That Improve Your Life