• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The huge shift from Yeshua to the Christian Jesus Christ

Neutral Name

Many modern folks in the Western world are quite done with Christianity but yet many people retain special feelings for the teachings of Jesus.
However, the teachings of Jesus as found in the New Testament are not the teachings of the original Yeshua, but the teachings of the largely mythical Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ in the New Testament is a cleverly constructed projection of Christian beliefs.

Despite the heavy corruption of the original words of Yeshua, their original can somehow still be extracted from the New Testament by carefully looking at the two versions of the gospel stories in gMatthew and gLuke by sifting away the editing done by Christians revealing the original words in their original pre-Christian context.

One of the best illustrations of what happened in the huge shift from the teachings of Yeshua to Christian teachings is what happened to this important saying of Yeshua:

Original words of Yeshua:

Q 17: 20b-21
/ Luke 17: 20b-21 = Matthew 24: 26

20b The Rule of God does not come by observation [‘parateresos’]. 21 They should not say: “He can be observed in the wilderness, nor in the inner, secret chambers (of temples) [‘tameiois’]. For the Rule of God is within you! [‘entos humon’].

Christian edited end-products:

Luke 17: 20-37

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the Rule of God should come, he answered them and said, The Rule of God cometh not with observation.
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the Rule of God is within you.
22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see [it].
23 And they shall say to you,
See here; or, see there: go not after [them], nor follow [them].
24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one [part] under heaven, shineth unto the other [part] under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed [them] all.
31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
32 Remember Lot's wife.
33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two [men] in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
35 Two [women] shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body [is], thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Matthew 24: 26, 23, 26-27, 37-39, 40-41, 28

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the wilderness; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
37 But as the days of Noe [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two [women shall be] grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

You can clearly see how the Christian authors made up a lot of stuff which they based loosely on things they read in their Jewish scriptures as well as on some other sayings they may have found in Q-lite (and aLuke also based it on what he read in the version already made in gMatthew).
The central mystic idea in the original saying has been abandoned and exchanged for the Christian obsession with the expected return of Christ Jesus. The Rule of God has been changed from something to be found through mystical practices inside the mind of the individual disciple into to some mythical future rewarding event when Jesus returns to judge everyone collectively at the same time.

So the big shift is from the original esoteric teachings of Yeshua to the largely mythical exoteric teachings of Christianity.
The shift is most clear in this one edited saying but can of course be seen throughout the editing of Q-lite in gLuke and gMatthew.

Once you've seen it, you can no longer 'unsee' it.

Where are you getting your information? I study religious scholarship, archaeology, science and many other subjects which might be related to spirituality, in particular Christianity. I have never seen any of this before anywhere. Can you give me some references?

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Where are you getting your information? I study religious scholarship, archaeology, science and many other subjects which might be related to spirituality, in particular Christianity. I have never seen any of this before anywhere. Can you give me some references?
The many reconstructions of Q have variations but the core sayings are always the same.
My own reconstructrion is largely based on The Critical Edition of Q – Synopsis, including the Gospels of Matthew and Luke, Mark and Thomas (2000) – edited by James M. Robinson, Paul Hoffman and John S. Kloppenborg

But since I believe that aLuke knew and partly used gMatthew, there are also some differences.

See: The sayings of the tantric-mystic Master Yeshua the Nazarene

Which gives some links that together explain more or less where the reconstruction comes from:

* The Critical Edition of Q – Synopsis, including the Gospels of Matthew and Luke, Mark and Thomas (2000) – edited by James M. Robinson, Paul Hoffman and John S. Kloppenborg

* The First New Testament – Marcion’s Scriptural Canon (2013) – Jason D. BeDuhn

intense debate.pdf

MwEL: A New Synoptic Hypothesis - Tricky NT Textual Issues

The Holtzmann-Gundry Solution to the Synoptic Problem (Three Source Hypothesis)

A statistical approach to the synoptic gospel problem

interpretation

A brief history of the Three-Source Theory

Merits of the Three-Source Theory

Fundamental flaws in the Two-Source Theory

Q+/Papias hypothesis - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Neutral Name

The many reconstructions of Q have variations but the core sayings are always the same.
My own reconstructrion is largely based on The Critical Edition of Q – Synopsis, including the Gospels of Matthew and Luke, Mark and Thomas (2000) – edited by James M. Robinson, Paul Hoffman and John S. Kloppenborg

But since I believe that aLuke knew and partly used gMatthew, there are also some differences.

See: The sayings of the tantric-mystic Master Yeshua the Nazarene

Which gives some links that together explain more or less where the reconstruction comes from:

* The Critical Edition of Q – Synopsis, including the Gospels of Matthew and Luke, Mark and Thomas (2000) – edited by James M. Robinson, Paul Hoffman and John S. Kloppenborg

* The First New Testament – Marcion’s Scriptural Canon (2013) – Jason D. BeDuhn

intense debate.pdf[/URL

[URL="https://sites.google.com/site/inglisonmarcion/Home/the-synoptic-problem/mwel-theory"]MwEL: A New Synoptic Hypothesis - Tricky NT Textual Issues

The Holtzmann-Gundry Solution to the Synoptic Problem (Three Source Hypothesis)

A statistical approach to the synoptic gospel problem

interpretation

Thank you very much. I have read through some of it and will continue to study. I have a couple of questions. Why is the Gospel of Thomas included and why is the Gospel of John not included? I get that it goes back in time but why were those gospels chosen? Did I just miss that in all of the information?[/URL]

Marcion

Thank you very much. I have read through some of it and will continue to study. I have a couple of questions. Why is the Gospel of Thomas included and why is the Gospel of John not included? I get that it goes back in time but why were those gospels chosen? Did I just miss that in all of the information?
In the Critical Edition of Q, there is both the (their) reconstruction of the Q-sayings as well as their parallel texts in the synoptic gospels for comparison.
I would myself not have included the gThomas parallel texts because I see Thomas as a secondary gospel that depends on gMatthew and gLuke (i.e. the author of gThomas would not himself have seen the text of Q, so he is useless as a source for reconstructing Q).

gJohn is not a synoptic gospel, there are almost no parallel texts with Q and it is not a source for finding information about the original text of Q.

Marcion

The first of these two Q-saying is hard to reconstruct because it does not seem possible to say whether either aMatthew or aLuke copied the original more primitive version from Q.
The saying is preceded by text which aMatthew added before it and which aLuke seems to have copied from gMatthew (green text).

The original Q saying can make sense on its own, but aMatthew tried to change the meaning through adding it to a story. It is hard to say which of the two authors edited the Q-saying (blue) most and for exactly what reason.

Q
Q 11: 21-22 / Luke 11: 21-22 = Matthew 12: 29

(Luke version) 21 When a strong man armed keeps his palace, his belongings are safe.22 But when a man stronger than himself comes upon him, and overcomes him, he takes from him all his armour in which he trusted, and divides the spoils.

(Matthew version) How can anyone break into a strong man’s house and make off with his goods unless he as first tied the strong man up before ransacking the house?

Q 11: 23 / Luke 11: 23 = Matthew 12: 30

23 The one not with me is against me, and the one not gathering with me scatters.

====

MATTHEW
Matthew 12: 29-30
22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw. 23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David? 24 But when the Pharisees heard [it], they said, This [fellow] doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. 25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: 26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? 27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast [them] out? therefore they shall be your judges. 28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. 29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house. 30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

====

LUKE
Luke 11: 21-23
14 And he was casting out a devil, and it was dumb. And it came to pass, when the devil was gone out, the dumb spake; and the people wondered.15 But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils. 16 And others, tempting [him], sought of him a sign from heaven. 17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house [divided] against a house falleth. 18 If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub. 19 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast [them] out? therefore shall they be your judges. 20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. 21 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: 22 But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils. 23 He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

Last edited:

Marcion

The small addition (green text) made by aMatthew is typically Matthean and has nothing whatsoever to do with the original meaning or intention of the saying, which (like the previous saying) has to do with keeping bad habits and thoughts out of the disciple's mind. (Remember, the typical Christian ways of thinking can be found in the green text only.)

Q
Q 11: 24-26 / Luke 11: 24-26 = Matthew 12: 43-45

24 When the defiling spirit has left the person, it wanders through waterless regions looking for a resting-place, and finds none. Then it says, I will return to my house from which I came. 25 And on arrival it finds it swept and tidied up. 26 Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and, moving in, they settle there. And the last circumstances of that person become worse than the first.

====

MATTHEW
Matthew 12: 43-45
43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth [it] empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last [state] of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

====

LUKE
Luke 11: 24-26
24 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out. 25 And when he cometh, he findeth [it] swept and garnished. 26 Then goeth he, and taketh [to him] seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last [state] of that man is worse than the first.

Marcion

The Matthean additions (in green) in this case reveal the most about the Christian way of thinking which may or may not correspond to that which Jesus intended with these sayings.

Q
Q 11: 33 / Luke 11: 33 = Matthew 5: 15

33 No one lights a lamp and puts it in a hidden place, but on the lamp-stand, and it gives light for everyone in the house.

Q 11: 34 / Luke 11: 34 = Matthew 6: 22-23

34 The lamp of the body is the eye. If your eye is generous, your whole body is radiant; but if your eye is jaundiced, your whole body is dark.

====

MATTHEW
Matthew 5: 15, 6: 22-23
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. 23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great [is] that darkness!

====

LUKE
Luke 11: 33-34
33 No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth [it] in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when [thine eye] is evil, thy body also [is] full of darkness. 35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. 36 If thy whole body therefore [be] full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

steveb1

Many modern folks in the Western world are quite done with Christianity but yet many people retain special feelings for the teachings of Jesus.
However, the teachings of Jesus as found in the New Testament are not the teachings of the original Yeshua, but the teachings of the largely mythical Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ in the New Testament is a cleverly constructed projection of Christian beliefs.

... [snipped] ...

Once you've seen it, you can no longer 'unsee' it.

Coming late to the party here. First thing, I'm a Christ Myth fan. Had to mention that just for clarity.

What fascinates - whether Jesus was historical or just a non-material, heavenly revelatory "Son" - is that the Death-and-Resurrection experience, which Paul indicates was the same for him as for the Jerusalem apostles - took on two radically differing interpretations.

Judging from Acts 21:20ff, other NT texts, and testimonies of early Church writers, the Jerusalem apostles and their successors believed that they were right to remain Jewish followers of Jesus, to keep circumcision, kosher, "the customs", the Mosaic Law and Temple observance. For them, there was nothing in Jesus's death/resurrection that mandated that they enter a "new covenant in His blood". James affirmed this at "the first council of Jerusalem" when he permitted Jewish converts to remain Jewish, and mandated for Gentile converts only that they adhere to a few Noachide Covenant rules. No "new covenant" existed in their minds or their plans.

Quite the contrary applies to Paul, who thought that Jesus's crucifixion "crucified the Law" and did away with any and all serious practice of Judaism, which no longer had power to redeem.

So we have the paradox of a "Jewish Jesus" and his revelation(s) to the Twelve and the Jerusalem brothers;

-and-

a mystical "Pauline Jesus" and his special, private revelation(s) to Paul, which led Paul to teach that Jesus's death/resurrection had the effect of completely invalidating Judaism.

If Jesus was historical, why did Paul ignore his pro-Judaistic teaching as stated in the later Gospels?
Did Paul value his revelatory Christ more than he valued the supposed historical Jesus?
If so ... Why?

Marcion

If Jesus was historical, why did Paul ignore his pro-Judaistic teaching as stated in the later Gospels?
Did Paul value his revelatory Christ more than he valued the supposed historical Jesus?
If so ... Why?
When you speak about a historical Jesus, you cannot depend on the later gospel stories for historical information because those authors were shaping their stories in such a way that it matched their own religious ideals. Acts is certainly not a reliable source for historical information about Jesus, Paul or other early followers of Jesus (apostles are a Christian invention).

But the gospel writers may have incorporated bits of anecdotes about Jesus that had a historical base.
And of course, they incorporated an edited form of Q which is ideologically a very different (more strong) text compared to the gospel stories.

The figure called Paul in the (forged) letters need not have been the same personality as the person who may have known the first disciples of Jesus. He may have been based on a historical Simon Magus who thought that he himself had become the Christ through internalising the crucified heavenly Jesus. This Simon Magus rejected the Jewish scriptures, the Jewish (primitive revengeful) God and following the Jewish laws and customs. A weakened, more orthodox mythical version of Paul can be found in edits of and additions to the letters as well as in Acts. This is how the gnostic Paul (a projection of the historical Simon Magus) was made palatable for inclusion into the orthodox collection of scriptures.

Other Christians however remained partly Jewish and wrote their jewish ideas into their gospel stories and most so in gMatthew. The Christians who admired the school of Paul/Simon Magus, distanced themselves from this gMatthew and wrote the original (shorter) version of gLuke in reaction to it. They revered Simon Magus through their fictional apostle Paul's letters. There may have been a real Paul in the first century, but he was nothing like the Paul of the letters, those were a product of later times.

So we have the Jesus of Q, perhaps the real Jesus.
We also have the heavenly Christ Jesus (originally created by Simon Magus) who was never a real historical person and who can be found in the original parts of the so-called Letters of Paul.
And we have the different types of Jesus in the different gospel stories that have been somewhat altered by later Christian orthodoxy to match their hybrid Jesus of the Church centered on Rome.

So, how could Simon Magus have opted so early for a heavenly Jesus who was (in his eyes) never a corporeal being?
Perhaps the reason was that Simon never met Jesus, so he could more easily have imagined him as a divine being with no real physical base.

A similar thing happened to Shiva and Krishna, they had been historical teachers just like Jesus but were also soon mythologized into purely divine Beings.

Last edited:

steveb1

When you speak about a historical Jesus, you cannot depend on the later gospel stories for historical information because those authors were shaping their stories in such a way that it matched their own religious ideals. Acts is certainly not a reliable source for historical information about Jesus, Paul or other early followers of Jesus (apostles are a Christian invention).

But the gospel writers may have incorporated bits of anecdotes about Jesus that had a historical base.
And of course, they incorporated an edited form of Q which is ideologically a very different (more strong) text compared to the gospel stories.

The figure called Paul in the (forged) letters need not have been the same personality as the person who may have known the first disciples of Jesus. He may have been based on a historical Simon Magus who thought that he himself had become the Christ through internalising the crucified heavenly Jesus. This Simon Magus rejected the Jewish scriptures, the Jewish (primitive revengeful) God and following the Jewish laws and customs. A weakened, more orthodox mythical version of Paul can be found in edits of and additions to the letters as well as in Acts. This is how the gnostic Paul (a projection of the historical Simon Magus) was made palatable for inclusion into the orthodox collection of scriptures.

Other Christians however remained partly Jewish and wrote their jewish ideas into their gospel stories and most so in gMatthew. The Christians who admired the school of Paul/Simon Magus, distanced themselves from this gMatthew and wrote the original (shorter) version of gLuke in reaction to it. They revered Simon Magus through their fictional apostle Paul's letters. There may have been a real Paul in the first century, but he was nothing like the Paul of the letters, those were a product of later times.

So we have the Jesus of Q, perhaps the real Jesus.
We also have the heavenly Christ Jesus (originally created by Simon Magus) who was never a real historical person and who can be found in the original parts of the so-called Letters of Paul.
And we have the different types of Jesus in the different gospel stories that have been somewhat altered by later Christian orthodoxy to match their hybrid Jesus of the Church centered on Rome.

So, how could Simon Magus have opted so early for a heavenly Jesus who was (in his eyes) never a corporeal being?
Perhaps the reason was that Simon never met Jesus, so he could more easily have imagined him as a divine being with no real physical base.

A similar thing happened to Shiva and Krishna, they had been historical teachers just like Jesus but were also soon mythologized into purely divine Beings.

Points well-said... and well-taken. Thanks for your detailed comments.

Marcion

The Christian editors embed the Q text in much other (green colour) weaker text and aMatthew mixes in another Q-saying (blue text, not bold).

Q
Q 11: 39b, 42-44, 46b, 52 / Luke 11: 39b, 42-44, 46b, 52 = Matthew 23: 25-26, 23, 6, 27, 4, 13

39b Woe to you, Pharisees, for you purify the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 42 Woe to you, Pharisees, for you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and give up justice and mercy and faithfulness. 43 Woe to you, Pharisees, for you love the place of honour at banquets and the front seat in the synagogues and accolades in the markets. 44 Woe to you, Pharisees, for you are like indistinct tombs, and people walking on top are unaware. 46b And woe to you, exegetes of the Law, for you bind people with burdens and load them on their backs, but you yourself do not want your finger to move them. 52 Woe to you, exegetes of the Law, for you (Luke version: take away the key to mystic knowledge) and (Matthew version: lock the Rule of God in front of people), you yourself do not go in, nor do you let in those trying to enter.

====

MATTHEW
Matthew 23: 25-26, 23, 6, 27, 4, 13
1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses'seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, [that] observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay [them] on men's shoulders; but they [themselves] will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, [even] Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no [man] your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, [even] Christ. 11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. 13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in [yourselves], neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. 15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. 16 Woe unto you, [ye] blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! 17 [Ye] fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? 18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. 19 [Ye] fools and blind; for whether [is] greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? 20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. 21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. 22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon. 23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier [matters] of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 24 [Ye] blind, which guidesstrain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. 25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26 [Thou] blind Pharisee, cleanse first that [which is] within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. 27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead [men's] bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. 29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and [some] of them ye shall kill and crucify; and [some] of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute [them] from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. 37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

====

LUKE
Luke 11: 39b, 42-44, 46b, 52
37 And as he spake, a certain Pharisee besought him to dine with him: and he went in, and sat down to meat. 38 And when the Pharisee saw [it], he marvelled that he had not first washed before dinner. 39 And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness. 40 [Ye] fools, did not he that made that which is without make that which is within also? 41 But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you. 42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 43 Woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye love the uppermost seats in the synagogues, and greetings in the markets. 44 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as graves which appear not, and the men that walk over [them] are not aware [of them]. 45 Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Master, thus saying thou reproachest us also. 46 And he said, Woe unto you also, [ye] lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. 47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them. 48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres. 49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and [some] of them they shall slay and persecute: 50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; 51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation. 52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered. 53 And as he said these things unto them, the scribes and the Pharisees began to urge [him] vehemently, and to provoke him to speak of many things:

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Despite the heavy corruption of the original words of Yeshua, their original can somehow still be extracted from the New Testament by carefully looking at the two versions of the gospel stories in gMatthew and gLuke by sifting away the editing done by Christians revealing the original words in their original pre-Christian context.

It didn't take much time after Jesus' death for people to twist and corrupt it in order to take power from it. One who seriously studies with cultural and historical context in mind can come away with the original views.