• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Homing Pigeon and Evolution

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Game was have I edited it . you missed my b point everything that changes has a mechanism to cause it. What mechanism would change v laws

That is my question.

An offspring resembles it's parents. The offspring I am talking about is the universe with it's life forms. How does the universe with it's life forms resemble it's parent or parents?

Let's just say the mother of everything is law and the father is force. Those are the two things causing reality. To fit the notions about all things with NO intelligence, those two parents should be like their offspring. All of their offspring changes. I think everything BUT force and natural law changes.

How is it possible that the parents do not change but ALL of their offspring do?

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
That is my question.

An offspring resembles it's parents. The offspring I am talking about is the universe with it's life forms. How does the universe with it's life forms resemble it's parent or parents?

Let's just say the mother of everything is law and the father is force. Those are the two things causing reality. To fit the notions about all things with NO intelligence, those two parents should be like their offspring. All of their offspring changes. I think everything BUT force and natural law changes.

How is it possible that the parents do not change but ALL of their offspring do?

There's no mechanism. The laws

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's no mechanism. The laws

OK. You are the brave one. Thank you.

I shall agree with half of that. There is no mechanism that controls reality. BUT my second answer is GOD.

You have before you three things. One; force. two; the law of nature and 3; The laws.

My third one is GOD.

How are you smarter than I am? I think it is the point of the thread. You believe law is the force for law and force. I believe God is.

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
I was trying to point out how stupids the evolutionist's ideas and thoughts are.

No scientific answers for the amazing ability of the homing pigeon to return back to his exact location,IOW this ability should be a designed one and not a natural thing to happen.

Scientists tried to understand the mysterious ability for the homing pigeon that even if taken while anesthetic to a far distant point then it will be directed to its origin location as if it is guided by a magnetic compass,but how and how this ability have to be developed in natural way which is impossible and hence there is one answer for it and which is that someone has planned and designed this for the pigeon.

If you have a good answer then bring it for the discussion other than the silly blind faith on evolution.

You know what's stupid? Incessantly asking questions that a quick google search would instantly reveal have been thoroughly investigated and satisfactorily explained by evolutionary biologists, then arguing that your questions show how dumb people are if they accept the fact of evolution.

What do you expect people to do? We're all sitting here with gadgets that connect to the internet. If you don't google it yourself, somebody else will and you'll look like a complete fool.

Here's one from the first page of search results. How do scientists explain homing? Like this:

Behavioral and Neural Mechanisms of Homing and Migration in Birds

Happy reading!

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
How science explains according to natural selection the amazing ability of the homing pigeon to return home from extremely long distances ?

Scientist think that the homing pigeon may trace the exact location by using a magnetic compass because there is no other reasonable explanation and even if it is in relation to the earth's magnetic field still no clue on how it works.

Magnetoception has been observed in bacteria, in invertebrates such as fruit flies, lobsters and honeybees. It has also been demonstrated in vertebrates including birds, turtles, sharks and stingrays. Magnetoception in humans is controversial.
Wiki.

Some species develop (or evolve) to have very unique and special abilities. Like us, we evolved a brain that can reason and think on a much more advanced level than any other animal.

The Mantis Shrimp can see 16 colors instead of the 3 that we can see.

Many animals have unique abilities because of evolution.

That's how evolution works.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Wiki.

Some species develop (or evolve) to have very unique and special abilities. Like us, we evolved a brain that can reason and think on a much more advanced level than any other animal.

One wonders why God "directed" the mantis shrimp to be a super-fab death machine at the bottom of the sea. :D

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Wiki.

Evolution is about effecting change for survival. What caused evolution? Why does evolution perform according to the laws of nature? According to you what caused the laws of nature and do they change like everything they touch changes?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
OK. You are the brave one. Thank you.

I shall agree with half of that. There is no mechanism that controls reality. BUT my second answer is GOD.

You have before you three things. One; force. two; the law of nature and 3; The laws.

My third one is GOD.

How are you smarter than I am? I think it is the point of the thread. You believe law is the force for law and force. I believe God is.

So you basically personify the "Law" in three?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Evolution is about effecting change for survival. What caused evolution? Why does evolution perform according to the laws of nature? According to you what caused the laws of nature and do they change like everything they touch changes?

The same thing that "caused" god.

I mean, if it can work for god, why can't it work for evolution?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So you basically personify the "Law" in three?

You can honestly say that. But did you not notice that law is mentioned twice? Are there two kinds? Is there a law or laws governing the laws of nature?

It seems neither does the law governing law nor the law governed by law changes. Can you explain that?

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I was trying to point out how stupids the evolutionist's ideas and thoughts are.

No scientific answers for the amazing ability of the homing pigeon to return back to his exact location,IOW this ability should be a designed one and not a natural thing to happen.
So why did God only give it to a few random species? There are a few other animals (and bacteria) that have similar or same abilities. So why did God choose only them? Why not give it to us, the epitome of creation? Why are we missing so many different special abilities that exists in the animal kingdom? What made God select against that?

Scientists tried to understand the mysterious ability for the homing pigeon that even if taken while anesthetic to a far distant point then it will be directed to its origin location as if it is guided by a magnetic compass,but how and how this ability have to be developed in natural way which is impossible and hence there is one answer for it and which is that someone has planned and designed this for the pigeon.
We don't know, therefore God, it's not a good way of approaching questions. It's the magical-black-box answer.

If you have a good answer then bring it for the discussion other than the silly blind faith on evolution.
God created one "kind" of pigeons that don't have homing, and then another "kind" of pigeons that have homing, just for the purpose so he could send Noah and drown all people and have a bird that could help him find land afterwards... that's the answer. LOL!

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
You can honestly say that. But did you not notice that law is mentioned twice? Are there two kinds? Is there a law or laws governing the law of nature?

It seems neither does the law governing law nor the law governed by law changes. Can you explain that?
I already v did

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
One wonders why God "directed" the mantis shrimp to be a super-fab death machine at the bottom of the sea. :D

Yeah. I wonder why... And why only that "kind" of shrimp? Why not the other? Why not give us humans that kind of force?

I don't understand. God is so selective in his creating. It's almost like... nooooo... don't say it... it's almost like God is the same as natural selection... dang!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I already v did

What is "v" please?

The evolution of the life on Earth can and has been explained well. There are examples.

Please explain "law caused law" and give an example.

Saying law caused law is NOT an explanation. It is an opinion.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Yeah. I wonder why... And why only that "kind" of shrimp? Why not the other? Why not give us humans that kind of force?

I don't understand. God is so selective in his creating. It's almost like... nooooo... don't say it... it's almost like God is the same as natural selection... dang!

:O Blasphemer! God can't be something so natural! He (and it must be a "he") must be a giant human who spends His time creating things arbitrarily.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
:O Blasphemer! God can't be something so natural! He (and it must be a "he") must be a giant human who spends His time creating things arbitrarily.

You did not read my post. I truly am disappointed. The force and the laws that God created created things.

Alceste

Vagabond
You did not read my post. I truly am disappointed. The force and the laws that God created created things.

I read your posts. I haven't got a response for you because we are starting from very different premises. Your view of the universe is more anthropomorphic than mine, and you see harmony where I see a universe teetering on a razor's edge between order and chaos.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum

LOL.

Yes. I can totally see it now. It makes so much sense. A super-magical giant living in the clouds, fi fi fo fum, here he comes, playing with us like little toys.