• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Holy Ghost

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
Please try to not mock, if you can't respect this thread, please go elsewhere, thank you.

I know that talk is cheap, and for all you know, I could be making this whole thing up, but I am not.
I have better thing to do than troll for attention ;)
Do you? :sarcastic

Given that, let us precede.

I never knew the signs of the Holy Ghost entering ones body, never knew of such a thing.
So in my reasoning, I could have not been deceiving myself.
That idea is not a possible explanation.

I was a completely broken man, and could not lift myself up again.
I finally decided to give myself over to God and begged him to help me, help myself.
Within seconds, I felt completely drunk(best way to explain) and could not walk and was weak and all rubbery inside.
When I tried to talk, nothing but gibberish came out.
It was a feeling of pure love as well.
This lasted for well over two hours and then, instantly it was gone.
The only thing remained was the pure love, that did fade over time though, I blame that on others in my life, we wont go there ;)

The need for drugs, was gone instantly, the desire to smoke, gone.
All I wanted to do was share this Gift an let others on drugs know that it works, God is real, he saved me from myself.

To this day, I have no desire to do drugs etc...
The Holy Ghost seems to be there inside me, and its not explainable.
It talks to me but not in words, but I cant figure out what its saying, so I ignore it.

Try to image that what I said as truth and give it merit, even if you think I am full of it, as I know many will think that, so just put that aside.
If that was not God, what was it?

No mocking please, we are adults here.
I am far from perfect, nor a bible thrumper, nor trying to convert anyone.

Again, talk is cheap, but you can be assured that everything I said is as true as the words I have written.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi,

I believe that you experienced something taking over your body, sure. We read accounts of that happening in the scriptures too.

But may i respectfully ask you, why do you believe it was a holy spirit?

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
Hi,

I believe that you experienced something taking over your body, sure. We read accounts of that happening in the scriptures too.

But may i respectfully ask you, why do you believe it was a holy spirit?

It is my only explanation that I can give to myself

Pastek

Sunni muslim
If you felt that God helped you and you feel now better i think it's possible. But the concept of Holy Ghost i don't belive it, maybe there's another explanation for that.

Was you already christian ?

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
If you felt that God helped you and you feel now better i think it's possible. But the concept of Holy Ghost i don't belive it, maybe there's another explanation for that.

Was you already christian ?

Yes and no, I knew of Jesus.
I am no more a Christian now as I was then, if that helps
I always been about love, and to me Jesus was too
That is all that he ever wanted.
That is all that I want, is love in the world.

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
It is my only explanation that I can give to myself

what if it wasnt' a holy spirit? What if it was actually a bad spirit? That may not be something you would want to consider....but i would seriosly question whether a holy spirit would make you feel drunk (something against Gods law) and talk gibberish.

I hope you dont feel offended by me saying this... i dont want mean to offend, only consider that the holy spirit would cause a person to behave as it behaves, yes?

would holy spirit get drunk or promote drunkeness?

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
what if it wasnt' a holy spirit? What if it was actually a bad spirit? That may not be something you would want to consider....but i would seriosly question whether a holy spirit would make you feel drunk (something against Gods law) and talk gibberish.

I hope you dont feel offended by me saying this... i dont want mean to offend, only consider that the holy spirit would cause a person to behave as it behaves, yes?

According to scripture that was presented to me and I now have a King James Bible that verifies what happened to them back then, as it is written, and I have read over and over, that is what happened to me, what happened to them, and logic follows, It is what they said "Holy Ghost, gift from God.

So, if its a trick of satan, they(Jesus's Disciples and all those who experienced it)possess it, not just me, correct?
Nothing in Biblical scripture says that satan can preform such deceivers of men, so i assume satan cant be "tricking me"
My love is pure too.
I cant hurt a soul, love even tiny birds, if you will.
If I see any life suffer, I suffer, and suffer bad :(

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
It is certainly the Holy Spirit working in you.. Continue to do well, and to help others like yourself!!

arcanum

Do the JW's not read the Book of Acts? His experience is biblical and was something experienced by the early Christians. Just because it's not part of one's particular denomination does not mean it doesn't exist and is not experienced by others.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Please try to not mock, if you can't respect this thread, please go elsewhere, thank you.

I know that talk is cheap, and for all you know, I could be making this whole thing up, but I am not.

I never knew the signs of the Holy Ghost entering ones body, never knew of such a thing.

I finally decided to give myself over to God and begged him to help me, help myself.
Within seconds, I felt completely drunk(best way to explain) and could not walk and was weak and all rubbery inside.
The only thing remained was the pure love, that did fade over time though, I blame that on others in my life, we wont go there ;)

All I wanted to do was share this Gift an let others on drugs know that it works, God is real, he saved me from myself.

It talks to me but not in words, but I cant figure out what its saying, so I ignore it.

Try to image that what I said as truth and give it merit, even if you think I am full of it, as I know many will think that, so just put that aside.

Again, talk is cheap, but you can be assured that everything I said is as true as the words I have written.

Thanks for reading.
A two-part question... How long ago did this happen, and how long have you been freed of you addictions?

I have no doubt that all good things come down from the Father of lights (James 1). In this light, I think the love you're experiencing and the freedom from temptation is truly God's relief for which you've been praying.

But your description of being "drunk," as it were, sounds odd to me, and it makes me skeptical. It could have been you suggesting yourself into that state, or your body just unwinding and chilling out, or something else. I can't comment on that. I'll leave you to pray and discern what that actually was.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member

Thanks for reading.

I think it most important what you think of it. :) I happen to believe what you are saying: I've heard very similar stories from others.

arcanum

A two-part question... How long ago did this happen, and how long have you been freed of you addictions?

I have no doubt that all good things come down from the Father of lights (James 1). In this light, I think the love you're experiencing and the freedom from temptation is truly God's relief for which you've been praying.

But your description of being "drunk," as it were, sounds odd to me, and it makes me skeptical. It could have been you suggesting yourself into that state, or your body just unwinding and chilling out, or something else. I can't comment on that. I'll leave you to pray and discern what that actually was.
Does it not say in the Book of Acts 2:15 that when the disciples were filled with the holy spirit they appeared as drunk?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Does it not say in the Book of Acts 2:15 that when the disciples were filled with the holy spirit they appeared as drunk?

As a matter of fact, it did:

Act 2:13 But others mocking said, These men are full of sweet wine.
Act 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the Eleven, lifted up his voice and said to them, Men, Jews, and all who dwell at Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
Act 2:15 For these are not drunk as you suppose, for it is the third hour of the day.

arcanum

I think the problem we are confronted with in modern Christianity is it has been so mixed, watered down, and homogenized that the actual spiritual experience is not only discouraged but missing. It has become an empty shell of the once powerful spiritual experience one would have in the early church that caused Christianity to grow in such numbers.

Shiranui117

Premium Member
Yes, because they were speaking in other languages. To your average Judaean peasant, Arabic and Syriac and whatever else (outside of Greek) probably sounded like drunken gibberish or really badly slurred Hebrew/Aramaic.

I don't mean to rule out the possibility that the Holy Spirit really did induce such a "drunken" state. I just believe that there are other possible explanations, including the OP's own reaction to the Holy Spirit coming upon him. The circumstances and reactions are definitely unique to each person.

I think the problem we are confronted with in modern Christianity is it has been so mixed, watered down, and homogenized that the actual spiritual experience is not only discouraged but missing. It has become an empty shell of the once powerful spiritual experience one would have in the early church that caused Christianity to grow in such numbers.
This is definitely the case among practically all of Western Christianity, though I know there are exceptions to this. Eastern Christianity is rather heavily focused on spirituality as it always has been, even if we do exercise discernment. There are still many Orthodox Christians who are deeply spiritual; the fools-for-Christ, monastics and new martyrs are definitely reminiscent of the early Christians.

Last edited:

Shiranui117

Premium Member
Unless it was a bad spirit, then it wasn't, and the change it has made in their life is actually for the worse and they don't realize it?

Just another perspective.
^Another possibility that crossed my mind, but I didn't want to put a damper on the OP's mood. Perhaps I should learn to be more blunt when I need to... Anyway. For now, I'm personally inclined to view it as a change for the better. What happens now and later will determine whether I'm right or wrong. For the OP's sake, I pray I'm right.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Congratulations on your recovery. I hope you understand how blessed you are to be free from the desire to use. If that had happened to me, and I was as sure as you seem to be that Jesus was responsible, I would never cease annointing him.

nazz

Doubting Thomas

Thanks for reading.

I'd say that was God. Praise the Lord :)