• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hebrew Godess

What do you think of the question

• Good

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Great

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A flop

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Intellectual

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
A

angellous_evangellous

angellous_evangellous said:
Thank God you had some wine. I'm sure you were at least tempted to make cents.

Then you try and read the schrift with a bifergated tongue!:areyoucra

gnostic

The Lost One
I don't anyone here has included Shekinah to the feminine principle or Goddess. Some Gnostics have equated Shekinah with the Gnostic Sophia, or even Barbelo. And a few Christian mystics have associated Shekinah with the Holy Spirit.

Regardless of Shekinah, I have not read The Hebrew Goddess.

gnostic

The Lost One
Feathers in the hair said:
I'm not sure what you're asking for us to debate here.
I think you need to read The Hebrew Goddess, Feathery. I have not read it, so I can't really comment much on the book's content.

athanasius

all religions were just a by-product of the alien races that brought them here zillions of years ago.

All female deities were just a by-product of the male alien Yog Sogoth. The female deity is just a imperfect male version of this robotic alien formed from the planetary confenderation of the temples of syrynx. Therefore all all female deities and religions which contain them owe thier allegience to a higher Male alien matrix named Nana ueth and his partner Yog Sogoth.

It is my hope that when the end comes that Nana Ueth will prove what uselessnes the silly female deities are who copied his robotic RNA to multiply in a imperfect state and found what humans consider "mystic Pagan Religions".

I hope to be eaten first when they come in the end to destroy the feminine so -called deities in the oracles of Zanzabar.

To be eaten first is our only Hope.

Remember Yog Sogoth is the Gate:

SB Habakuk

Barbelo- the virginal spirit-
She whose Forethought brought this entire system of things into play-
Whose offshoot Zoe- is she who teaches Saboath- Who is set over this deficiency

Yes Barbelo is a powerful Gnostic concept and equivalent to THe Holy Spirit- She is the Holy Spirit

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
gnostic said:
I think you need to read The Hebrew Goddess, Feathery. I have not read it, so I can't really comment much on the book's content.

Ohhhhhh. Thanks, Gnostic! I didn't know it was a book being talked about. *kicks self in head*

gnostic

The Lost One
feathers in hair said:
Ohhhhhh. Thanks, Gnostic! I didn't know it was a book being talked about. *kicks self in head*

That's why Habakuk has a poll at the top, where it says Good, Great, Flop and Intellectual. The "Flop" is dead giveway that it's referring to a book :p (it's unlikely a movie title). Beside, I have seen the cover of the book in the bookshop. What Habakuk should have done is list the author's name at the OP.

Please don't kick yourself in the head, feathers. :(

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
SB Habakuk said:
WHo is this female Godess- the very thought of her is an enigma- from Lilith to Eve- this Mary of Magdala- her mystery lay shrouded in an ancient myth

is she truth or myth

And what of her worship and her importaance for Christian psyche
Sorry, but I didn't respond to your poll since I couldn't figure out quite what you were getting at. I do believe that God has a female counterpart, an eternal companion who is our Mother in Heaven. But I don't pray to her or otherwise worship her. I simply believe that she exists. After all, how could there be a Father without a Mother?

A

angellous_evangellous

SB Habakuk said:
WHo is this female Godess- the very thought of her is an enigma- from Lilith to Eve- this Mary of Magdala- her mystery lay shrouded in an ancient myth

is she truth or myth

And what of her worship and her importaance for Christian psyche

The thought of interpreting Eve and other characters in Genesis as god or goddesses has never occured to me - or anyone else that I have read.

Many commentators read most of the Genesis stories as emphasizing the supermacy of the God of Israel over other myths. So the interpretation of bibilical characters as gods is utterly out of the question.

However, the interpretation of Adam, Eve, and many other biblical characters in the Genesis storys as gods actually makes sense of the text - making certain practical questions void like:

1) How did the characters live so long?
2) What about the sons of heaven and daughters of men?
3) The giants in the land
4) Practical questions of propagation: if these are the first humans, how did they procreate without incest - well, they're actually gods, so it doesn't matter
5) It also explains the one on one communication between biblical characters and God - as a human being, no one can see/talk to God face to face, but as a god...

SB Habakuk

It is not female deism that I bring into question but the relevance of it to Christian thought.
Of equalness in all attributes,
Lilith in popular myth represents a dominant female
Eve represents An Intellectual

But i must also speak of Norea- sister of Seth- for it is to this line MAry of Magdala comes
A woman who is not only Intellectual but also AWARE of herself and her role
She became 'Paroused"

She is ZADOK and High ZADOk- after the line of Melkezedok-
She transcends Christ disciples who are representatives of Truth Vulgare- she has clutched the Divine WILL
and understand the Totality of the Truth

Random

SB Habakuk said:
It is not female deism that I bring into question but the relevance of it to Christian thought.
Of equalness in all attributes,
Lilith in popular myth represents a dominant female
Eve represents An Intellectual

But i must also speak of Norea- sister of Seth- for it is to this line MAry of Magdala comes
A woman who is not only Intellectual but also AWARE of herself and her role
She became 'Paroused"

She is ZADOK and High ZADOk- after the line of Melkezedok-
She transcends Christ disciples who are representatives of Truth Vulgare- she has clutched the Divine WILL
and understand the Totality of the Truth

I can't figure out for the life of me whether you like the idea of the Goddess or not. :shrug:

Seriously, what is YOUR opinion of the book and the Goddess thing in general, SB Habakuk?