• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hebrew Godess

What do you think of the question

• Good

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Great

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A flop

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Intellectual

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

SB Habakuk

WHo is this female Godess- the very thought of her is an enigma- from Lilith to Eve- this Mary of Magdala- her mystery lay shrouded in an ancient myth

is she truth or myth

And what of her worship and her importaance for Christian psyche

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
The divine feminine is the Creatrix who is her own creation, hence all goddesses are "virgin" (yes, even those who have sex, or are mothers). The God creates something apart from his self; the Goddess's self is the creation she makes. The God looks down objectively upon us; we all subjectively embody the Goddess.

She is a myth and a symbolic truth.

I can't speak on the last issue.

SB Habakuk

But It is Written
femaleness was not first

Though I agree she is the Creative force- for the Holy Spirit is a female entity as is her attributes

She is the one who created without assistance
The Husband of herself

As for Mary of Magdala it is written
There is a mystery in earthly marriage how much more must there be a mystery in the heavenly

For Christ used to kisss her openly on her lips
For she was his true consort not in a sexual way however for she is said
To had understood him- the completion of the totalities of Truth

The child who she carried with her is called
The Black Madonna
Esephech- the child of the Son or the offshoot of the Melchezedek School of Karma (in Sudan) she ended up at Glastonbury another Melchezedek School
She was the hope of "the little ones" she carried this flock

Random

Sun Goddess - Star Son (Sun) - Triple Goddess - Divine Twins - Horned god - Many Gods and Goddesses in multiplicity (Paganism) - Nature Worship - Patriarchal reformers - Hebrew Prophets - ONE GOD.

The above is more or less accurate step-by-step history of Religion and deity.

No spiritual figure of the past, whether Zoroaster, Jesus, Plato, Aristotle, Buddha, Mohammed or The First Guru of Sikhism, was unaware of the Goddess experience and what it meant.

SB Habakuk

Feathers in Hair said:
I'm not sure what you're asking for us to debate here.
What is it you seek
I clearly outlined the question
Who is Mary of Magdala
what is her influence on Christianity

I did not speak as one who is lacking in knowledge but from an abundance

It is written
No man will be able to teach this hard doctrine unless he has Love

I only seek to become smaller
Even the Kingdom of Heaven is lickened to a mustard seed - the smallest of seeds

Random

Feathers in Hair said:
I'm not sure what you're asking for us to debate here.

I think he wants opinions/justifications for or on the influence of the Goddess in Christianity, presumably including Gnosticism according to the scripture he quotes.

Who is the Magdalen, hmm?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Habukuk, Mary Magdalene is not the only vision of the Sacred Feminine in Judeo-Christian tradition. There's also "Mother Mary", Lillith, and Sophia (considered the embodiment of divine knowledge).

SB Habakuk

Godlike said:
Sun Goddess - Star Son (Sun) - Triple Goddess - Divine Twins - Horned god - Many Gods and Goddesses in multiplicity (Paganism) - Nature Worship - Patriarchal reformers - Hebrew Prophets - ONE GOD.

The above is more or less accurate step-by-step history of Religion and deity.

No spiritual figure of the past, whether Zoroaster, Jesus, Plato, Aristotle, Buddha, Mohammed or The First Guru of Sikhism, was unaware of the Goddess experience and what it meant.

I disagree
Totally
For it is stated that Eve taught Adam
Christ use to Kiss Mary of Magdala- once he said- Grace and hope has kissed each other

also
Mary said, "Tell me, Lord, why I have come to this place to profit or to forfeit."
The Lord said, "You make clear the abundance of the revealer!"
Mary said to him, "Lord, is there then a place which is [...] or lacking truth?"
The Lord said, "The place where I am not!"
Mary said, "Lord, you are fearful and wonderful, and [...] those who do not know you."

and
There were three who always walked with the Lord: Mary, his mother, and her sister, and Magdalene, the one who was called his companion. His sister and his mother and his companion were each a Mary

Writings of Philip the Apostle

SB Habakuk

I am not Gnostic but Christian- I am aware of what Gnostics say- As it is the Chrism to which I subscribe -after this i am called

Not the Gnosis or the Baptism or The Eucharist or the Temple

For what is there if there is not life

A

angellous_evangellous

The only Hebrew goddesses that I know of are Ashteroth (sp?) and the Queen of Heaven (Jeremiah 7).

There are no godesses in the NT, unless of course you read the NT texts uber-metaphorically, super-imposing external assumptions and theologies onto people.

SB Habakuk

angellous_evangellous said:
The only Hebrew goddesses that I know of are Ashteroth (sp?) and the Queen of Heaven (Jeremiah 7).

There are no godesses in the NT, unless of course you read the NT texts uber-metaphorically, super-imposing external assumptions and theologies onto people.
1 simple question
IS those 66 books writ the hand of deception and a twin tongue your only grip on reality?

A

angellous_evangellous

SB Habakuk said:
1 simple question
IS those 66 books writ the hand of deception and a twin tongue your only grip on reality?

:eek:

I can't grip anything with my twin tongue writ 6 book.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Feathers in Hair said:
Well, obviously! Only we pagans have forked tongues. I'll help you! *prepares to take dictation*

Being so full of evil and all [/sarcasm]

SB Habakuk

O I see you want vitriolic relief
ok
What about the Hebrew Goddess that upsets pagans
is that she is not pagan in her aspects

That she is undefiled and incorruptible

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Goddesses do not upset me. Sophia, Mary and Lillith are some of my favorites. Are you saying that Pagans, like myself, are defiled and corruptable?

A

angellous_evangellous

angellous_evangellous said:
:eek:

I can't grip anything with my twin tongue writ 6 book.

Thank God you had some wine. I'm sure you were at least tempted to make cents.