• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Great Deception of Christianity - Departing the Faith (the Word)

3rdAngel

You’ve provided scripture that you have interpreted to mean what you want it to mean. That is only evidence of your bias, not “God’s word.
All I hear sadly is your words denying God's Word and lot's of empty claims you are unable to dicuss or prove, when only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that JESUS says breaks the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:2-9.
It’s my opinion of what is the only reasonable part of your post based on what you yourself wrote. Are you saying that your opinion is unsupported by scripture now?
You have been provided God's Word and you deny God's Word with your words that are not God's Word. If you have only been provided God's Word why do you not believe it? Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it.
You have yet to provide that word. It appears you believe that only your opinion is true.
Please my friend let me know when you would like to share the scriptures of you have something to share in relation to the OP. Until then we will have to agree to disagree. To me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it and that is why it has been shared with you. Ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear.
Except you have not accurately represented it. All you’ve provided is a twisted opinion.
If that were true then you should be able to prove your claims. All I have heard from you are your words and accusations denying God's Word that you cannot prove.
Nope. I pointed out that you said, “this isn’t about the people, only about the [Catholic Church].” To which I replied here: the Catholic Church is the people.
Nope. As shown through the scriptures God's Church (ISRAEL) are all those who believe and follow God's Word. According to the scriptures I believe the Roman Catholic Church (not the people) is the Great mother whore BABYLON foretold in REVELATION 13; 14; 17 and 18. God is calling his people out because it has falled away from God's Word and departed from God.
IOW your claim that it’s not about the people is untrue. Since the Catholic Church is the people, when you accuse the Church you ARE accusing the people. The ecclesiological truth is that you cannot separate the church from the people.
Nonsense. The scriptures teach in times of ignorance God winks at but when he gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word he calls us to believe and follow it *ACTS 17:30-31. At this point if we reject God's Word to continue in sin there remains no more sacrifice for sin but a fearful looking forward to of the judgement to come *HEBREWS 10:26-39. According to the scriptures God's people are in every Church.

Many of the churches however have fallen away from believing and following God's Word to follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God. I believe the scriptures teach that the hour is coming and now is that the true worshippers will hear God's Voice (the Word) to come out of these fallen Church's to worship God in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and those who worship him must wotship him in Spirit and in truth.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word) and follow him. Those who do not hear do not follow. It was the same in the days of JESUS. Many of the JEWS heard His Voice and believed and followed. Many did not hear and did not follow. The Word that we accept or reject will be our judge come judgement day.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

That is all you are going to get. Discussion does not translate here.

The discussion is over the scriptures. Those who do not know the scripture will not discuss them and neither will they come to them because according to the scriptures they condemn what they do *JOHN 3:19-21

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
All are hear sadly is your words denying God's Word
Then you're not listening.

You have been provided God's Word and you deny God's Word
All I've been provided with is your opinion.

Please my friend let me know when you would like to share the scriptures
I will if you will.

If that were true then you should be able to prove your claims.
I have. See the first entry above: You're not listening.

According to the scriptures I believe the Roman Catholic Church (not the people) is the Great mother whore BABYLON
What you believe is immaterial and does not change the reality. Again: the people ARE the RCC. So, when you call the Church the GMWoB, you call the people the GMWoB.
Many of the churches however have fallen away from believing and following God's Word to follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God.
In your opinion. Which doesn't change the reality.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word) and follow him.
What about sheep like you who follow their own opinion?

sojourner

All are hear sadly is your words denying God's Word

You have been provided God's Word and you deny God's Word

Please my friend let me know when you would like to share the scriptures
I will if you will.

If that were true then you should be able to prove your claims.

According to the scriptures I believe the Roman Catholic Church (not the people) is the Great mother whore BABYLON
What you believe is immaterial and does not change the reality. Again: the people ARE the RCC. So, when you call the Church the GMWoB, you call the people the GMWoB.
Many of the churches however have fallen away from believing and following God's Word to follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word) and follow him.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

I will if you will.

An opinion delivered as if it rolled right off the lips of God.

3rdAngel

I will if you will.

For me, He (JESUS) must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind. He tells me it is those that say they see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. There is only life in the living Word. These are his Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops. Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are loved by him. Many are called but few are chosen. There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgment day.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word). Those who do not hear do not follow.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

I will if you will.

There is only life in the living Word. These are his Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. Your Words are not directed towards me but to the one who the Word belongs. The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. There is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops. Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are loved by him.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I will if you will.

It is an interesting twist to have witnessed the mass of Christian humanity used to throw big numbers around in support of an opinion, while then claiming that most of that mass is not even Christian to begin with. Most would recognize that dichotomy and its use for what it is,

Sort of like opening responses with "Yawnzz. Did you say something?". There is honesty to found in the words of some, but not the honesty they have deluded themselves into believing is there.

3rdAngel

An opinion delivered as if it rolled right off the lips of God.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness and life only comes from every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. However God's ways are not our ways. Heavenly father tells us as the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways from your ways and so are my thoughts from your thoughts. Only God knows our heart from within and without him it is desperately wicked. Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. The eyes can see and the ears hear only as the Spirit of God opens them. Ask and it shall be given you seek and you shall find. If any man hear his voice, knock and the door shall be opened unto you. Do you know these scriptures Dan? If so what do you think they mean?

3rdAngel

It is an interesting twist to have witnessed the mass of Christian humanity used to throw big numbers around in support of an opinion, while then claiming that most of that mass is not even Christian to begin with. Most would recognize that dichotomy and its use for what it is, Sort of like opening responses with "Yawnzz. Did you say something?". There is honesty to found in the words of some, but not the honesty they have deluded themselves into believing is there.

There is only life in the living Word. These are his Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. Your Words are not directed towards me but to the one who the Word belongs. There is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach from the housetops. Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are loved by him. God's Word teaches it is hard to kick against the pricks.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You’re making an awful lot of judgments then on God’s behalf that you have no authority to make.
God created all that we see. Therefore, the natural world is also the Word of God. It would be denying the Word of God to reject what we learn there too. I see that here.

3rdAngel

God created all that we see. Therefore, the natural world is also the Word of God. It would be denying the Word of God to reject what we learn there too. I see that here.

When the wisdom of the World disagrees with the Word of God the peope of God follow His Words by faith. Yet there are those here that call themselves by His name yet do not believe his Words.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You’re making an awful lot of judgments then on God’s behalf that you have no authority to make.
It seems most of the effort spent on these threads is to demean other believers for not following the opinion of the OP. The opinion of man. It is almost as if the intent is to drive people from God rather than guide them to Him. As if the key message we are to take from this is that we have been touched by the presence of the most Godly man to have walked the earth. And He is not amused.

3rdAngel

It seems most of the effort spent on these threads is demean other believers for not following the opinion of the OP. The opinion of man. It is almost as if the intent is to drive people from God rather than guide them to Him. As if the key message we are to take from this is that we have been touched by the presence of the most Godly man to have walked the earth. And He is not amused.

If our eyes are not open we cannot see the Garden of Eden or the paradise of God. Sin closes our eyes and makes us blind but seeking Jesus can open the blind eyes to see and the deaf to hear. Truly, truly, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. I say unto you, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do you know the meaning of these scriptures Dan? If so what do you think they mean? I believe your post here is simply a good example of JOHN 3:19-21. If you feel condemned by the scriptures it is because Gods Spirit is calling you.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
God's messenger certainly seems to think His words so important that they must always be the Last Words. I have met used car salesmen like that.

sojourner

For me, He (JESUS) must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind. He tells me it is those that say they see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. There is only life in the living Word. These are his Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops. Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are loved by him. Many are called but few are chosen. There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgment day.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word). Those who do not hear do not follow.
It’s pretty but it’s non sequitur.

sojourner

There is only life in the living Word. These are his Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. Your Words are not directed towards me but to the one who the Word belongs. The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. There is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops. Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are loved by him.
See above.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
See above.
I noticed that my words are constantly twisted. What we learn about the natural world is twisted to "wisdom of the world" so that it can be dismissed. As if God gave us senses to not use. A mind to not think with. And a beautiful world to ignore and learn nothing from.