• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Great Deception of Christianity - Departing the Faith (the Word)

Muffled

Jesus in me
Nonsense. That's like saying the English Professor can't grade his students on the correctness of his students' interpretations of texts. Sure there is a lot of flexibility. But there are times when students are just going to be WRONG.

I believe there is also a time when a teacher can be wrong. I had an English Composition professor declare my paper was plagiarism but he was totally wrong about that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
My church is that of the bible. The question was never which Church does my denomination belong to. This is something you only added to the end after making claims to the Roman Catholic Church as being the true Church of God. While I believe God's people are in every church the scriptures show that God's true Church are only those who believe and follow God's Word. Those who do not are not God's Church. I believe according to the scriptures as shown already in previous posts.

I believe words can be corrupted so my belief is that the people of God are those who have received Jesus as Lord and Savior.

3rdAngel

What you believe is immaterial. There is no need for me to prove my accusations. You've already done that work for me in your own posts.
Sorry my friend to me this is just more misguided empty words and accusations you cannot prove and is like someone stamping up and down when someone presents facts supported by the evidence of scriptures saying not true not true without proving why. To me only God's Word which you deny is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men the break the commandments of God. Just because you say so simply does not make it so and if I have only provided God's Word, why do you not believe it. I believe you are only demonstrating "unbelief" in God's Word. God's Word is not my words but God's so we will have to agree to disagree.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Sorry my friend to me this is just more misguided empty words and accusations you cannot prove and is like someone stamping up and down when someone presents facts supported by the evidence of scriptures saying not true not true without proving why. To me only God's Word which you deny is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men the break the commandments of God. Just because you say so simply does not make it so and if I have only provided God's Word, why do you not believe it. I believe you are only demonstrating "unbelief" in God's Word. God's Word is not my words but God's so we will have to agree to disagree.
I never said I denied "God's word." It's obvious that you have a very different and skewed concept of what constitutes "God's word." I may deny your twisted concepts (as I think is proper), but as I've pointed out the obvious: your concepts do not constitute "God's word."

3rdAngel

I believe words can be corrupted so my belief is that the people of God are those who have received Jesus as Lord and Savior.

For me I do not believe God's Word (the scriptures) are corrupt. I believe our understanding of the scriptures can become corrupt. No one receives JESUS as Lord and Savior without believing and following God's Word. The question in my view is how can we continue in the faith and be guided by God's Spirit *JOHN 8:31-36? The answer of course is through faith in God's promises *see JOHN 14:26; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 7:17; JOHN 7:17; 1 JOHN 2:27. These promises are all conditional of course on continuing in God's Word believing and following what God says *JOHN 8:31-36. This is the new covenant promise to all those who believe and follow God's Word *HEBREWS 8:10-12

God bless

3rdAngel

I never said I denied "God's word." It's obvious that you have a very different and skewed concept of what constitutes "God's word." I may deny your twisted concepts (as I think is proper), but as I've pointed out the obvious: your concepts do not constitute "God's word."
Denying God's Word is the same as not believing them in my opinion. You have not pointed out anything except to say you do not believe the scriptures shared here without showing why and saying you do not believe something is true because you say so. This is only providing an opinion that is not based on fact or supported by evidence within the scriptures and is simply a denial of the scriptures.

sojourner

Denying God's Word is the same as not believing them in my opinion. You have not pointed out anything except to say you do not believe the scriptures shared here without showing why
I said I never said I denied God's word.
No, I pointed out that I disagree with your opinions regarding the scriptures you've shared.

This is only providing an opinion that is not based on fact or supported by evidence within the scriptures and is simply a denial of the scriptures.
It's supported by the evidence of your own failed arguments based on faulty interpretations.

3rdAngel

I said I never said I denied God's word.
Indeed, as posted earlier not believing God's Word is the same as denying God's Word in my opinion.
No, I pointed out that I disagree with your opinions regarding the scriptures you've shared.
And what preceisely do you disagree with and why?
It's supported by the evidence of your own failed arguments based on faulty interpretations.
What faulty interpretations and why are they faulty in your view? You cannot prove your claims can you? If you cannot prove your claims why do you not believe the scriptures and make up things that are not true?

3rdAngel

Depends on what you mean by "corrupt." The scriptures are not infallible.
For me I see the scriptures as God's Word and truth. For those who believe God's Words are not infallible I believe it is because they do not understand God's Word nothing more and nothing less.
I believe yours certainly are.

Yet here you still are making claims your unable to prove from the scriptures because you do not know them. How can you be a teacher in a church and not know these things?

sojourner

Indeed, as posted earlier not believing God's Word is the same as denying God's Word in my opinion
I never said I disbelieve. God’s word, either.

And what preceisely do you disagree with and why?
I disagree the the Bible is “God’s words.” There is nothing to show that god wrote the Bible. Nothing. Prove that God wrote the Bible. You can’t.

What faulty interpretations and why are they faulty in your view?
See above.

For those who believe God's Words are not infallible I believe it is because they do not understand God's Word nothing more and nothing less
See above. You’re conflating “God’s word” and “God’s words.” There is nothing to indicate that the words in the Bible are God’s. they are words of people ostensibly speaking for God.

Yet here you still are making claims your unable to prove from the scriptures because you do not know them. How can you be a teacher in a church and not know these things
Scripture can’t be used to prove scripture. That isn’t its purpose. And to abuse in that way disrespects the texts for what they are.

3rdAngel

I never said I disbelieve. God’s word, either.
Sure you did by denying the scriptures already shared with you and stating you do not believe them.
I disagree the the Bible is “God’s words.” There is nothing to show that god wrote the Bible. Nothing. Prove that God wrote the Bible. You can’t. See above. You’re conflating “God’s word” and “God’s words.” There is nothing to indicate that the words in the Bible are God’s. they are words of people ostensibly speaking for God. Scripture can’t be used to prove scripture. That isn’t its purpose. And to abuse in that way disrespects the texts for what they are.
Thank you. You have just proven my point again that you do not believe the scriptures are God's Word. Who do you think directly made, wrote and spoke the God's 10 commandments? According to the scriptures I believe only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it as all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness and written for our admonition upon whom the ends of the world have come. Are you a teacher in a church and do not know these things?

sojourner

Sure you did by denying the scriptures already shared with you and stating you do not believe them
I disagreed with your use and interpretation of them. It’s wrong.

Thank you. You have just proven my point again that you do not believe the scriptures are God's Word
Nope. I said that they’re not God’s words.

Who do you think directly made, wrote and spoke the God's 10 commandments
I don’t think they ever existed on tablets of stone.

3rdAngel

I disagreed with your use and interpretation of them. It’s wrong.
Yet you are not able to prove why it is you disagree or to show why from the scriptures. Does this not worry you? It should. Stamping up and down saying no does not make it so because you say so. Your simply denying the scriptures that disagree with you that you do not believe.
Nope. I said that they’re not God’s words. I don’t think they ever existed on tablets of stone.
All you have proven is what I have already said. You do not believe the scriptures. Yet it is the very scriptures you deny that disagree with you. EXODUS 32:16, "And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven on the tables".

3rdAngel

HATE is the first beast who gives his power to NO-LOVE the second beast.

Love tells the truth and is truth and is no lie. Hate is the lie that seeks to conceal it because men love darkness (false teachings) rather than light (truth of God's Word) because their deeds were evil (sin).

MonkeyFire

Love tells the truth and is truth and is no lie. Hate is the lie that seeks to conceal it because men love darkness (false teachings) rather than light (truth of God's Word) because their deeds were evil (sin).

They love darkness because hurting people makes them happy.

dfnj

Hi all,
Friendly conversations please. Remember this OP is not about the people in these Church’s, but the teachings of the fallen Church’s of Christianity that are no longer following God’s Word that I believe, God is calling his people out from, back to his Word.

I have a very friendly comment. I don't think any words in the Bible were written by God. The words in the Bible were written by men. I think it could possible be the height of human hubris and possibly man's greatest possible sin to pretend to speak for God on Earth. God is beyond our comprehension.

I think the problem is most people are lazy and want to be told what to think. I don't think this how the Bible works. If you want to discover God you have to do the hard work of figuring it all out on your own.

dfnj

My experience has been people who are obsessed with hate, evil, and sin are the ones who are the most hateful, evil, and sinful.

Sometimes it's better not to judge and just see the best in people.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe there is also a time when a teacher can be wrong. I had an English Composition professor declare my paper was plagiarism but he was totally wrong about that.
Sure. Teacher's aren't infallible. But notice the error that you cited had nothing to do with the interpretation of the text.