• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Government and the UFOs

The Government and the UFOs

• Yes, I believe that there is a government UFO cover-up.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes, there is a secrecy but it is ok because it is in the best interest of national security.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is no secrecy. My government wouldn’t lie to me.

• My government isn’t interested in UFOs because UFOs pose no threat to us.

• Here we go again!

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

cardero

Citizen Mod
Most every country has had documented reports of UFOs and in most cases these cases have been reported to some authority. Depending on what country you hail from, how does your government handle UFO reports?

Do you believe that your government has disclosed everything they know about UFOs?

Do you suspect that your government may be a covering up what they know about the UFO phenomenon? Why do you suspect this?

If you believe that your government is withholding information, do you believe that all this information should be disclosed to the public? Why or why not?

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I don't know what's going on about those "ufos." I don't know enough to make a guess as to what the government does. I can say, however, that I do not believe that there are alien UFOs from other planets coming here. The government might have some sort of secret aircrafts, but I don't know. I love you guys though.

OutOfTime

i think they do it on purpose to make everyone think that there are ufos visiting earth all the time. maybe it's the government? maybe they're tricking us and want us to believe in aliens.

maybe they want us to think life started from aliens instead of god. who knows. they've done a good job because before the 50s, anyone who believed in ufos was crazy but now its the ohter way around

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Most every country has had documented reports of UFOs and in most cases these cases have been reported to some authority. Depending on what country you hail from, how does your government handle UFO reports?
Beats me, Patrick. Is it important? I do know that even if I saw an Unidentified Farking Object, I would NOT report it. Why bother?

Do you believe that your government has disclosed everything they know about UFOs?
Not likely, but quite honestly, does it really matter all that much?

Do you suspect that your government may be a covering up what they know about the UFO phenomenon? Why do you suspect this?
Cover-up is a pretty strong accusation, Patrick. Personally, I have no reason to believe they are participating in a so-called "cover up". I have no compelling evidence on the matter, nor have I seen anything that strikes me as coming from particularly reliable sources.

If you believe that your government is withholding information, do you believe that all this information should be disclosed to the public? Why or why not?
It depends on the nature of the documentation they may theoretically possess. I really don't care, one way or the other.

Aside: I am an avid storm watcher and am always looking at the sky. To date, I have only seen one thing I could not explain adequately but I was not compelled to rush to earmark the "object" as a UFO. I don't know what it was. It was rather pretty though and resembled a merry go round (without the horses). No doubt it was "marsh gas" or a "weather balloon". :run:

cardero

Citizen Mod
YmirGF writes: Not likely, but quite honestly, does it really matter all that much?
If the government has been in contact or in arrangement with extraterrestrial beings as some researchers have reasoned, I would have to consider this the most significant discovery in the history of humankind.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I think it is beneficial for the government to let people believe in UFOs. It means when they are testing secret projects, new planes and the like, lots of people will think it is UFOs and not wonder what the government is up to.

Phasmid

Mr Invisible

I've never really heard of any.

Nearly every UFO picture I've seen has been a blur. Half the time it's an out of focus bird.

I think if there were any cover up, then it would be due to experimental aircraft being spotted, not alien space ships.

If you believe that your government is withholding information, do you believe that all this information should be disclosed to the public? Why or why not?[/B]

No, because there's a good reason for keeping military technology secret.

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
i think they do it on purpose to make everyone think that there are ufos visiting earth all the time.

There was a TV program over here in Britain a few years ago. In it, this team of engineers made a fully operational flying saucer and flew it over parts of Britain to see what kind of reaction it would get. Quite interesting. Might be on youtube.

I think a lot of papers were ranting on about it... I don't know why I mention it... seemed relevant.

A

angellous_evangellous

If the government has been in contact or in arrangement with extraterrestrial beings as some researchers have reasoned, I would have to consider this the most significant discovery in the history of humankind.

"Reason" is a bit naiive and optimistic. "Speculated" would be much more adequate.

I would have to agree that it would be a significant discovery for humanity, but just how significant would be up for debate.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I would have to agree that it would be a significant discovery for humanity, but just how significant would be up for debate.

There must be a great amount of significance in discovering that we are not the only intelligent life forms--or even that earth isn't the only life-supporting planet--in the universe.

A

angellous_evangellous

There must be a great amount of significance in discovering that we are not the only intelligent life forms--or even that earth isn't the only life-supporting planet--in the universe.

O sure, I argee. How much significance is there in a baseless fantasy?

cardero

Citizen Mod
No, because there's a good reason for keeping military technology secret.

I may possibly agree but what would be the reason for trying to keep it secret if they are testing or flying it over populated regions? Consider the 1980 Texas case of Betty Cash and Vicki Landrum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doaPF3l_KGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1IMac-xLfs&feature=related

If there is an agency that is testing these experimental aircraft, I think that they should at least be considerate of the well being of the public. The victims of this incident were not out to expose military secrets or jeopardize national security, they just wanted specific information that would help them with their medical condition.

Whether the government was directly or indirectly involved in this incident, I think some responsibility should be taken on their part.

A

angellous_evangellous

Angellous, I know you were very young when this happenned but did you ever are hear of the Cash/Landrum incident?

It may help to remind me... I may have read about it long ago...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It is my understanding that the Federal Government (Republican administration) discovered that Yetis were being used by aliens to produce crop circles in Great Britain by hypnotically inducing a power grazing compulsion. The poor dumb creatures munched themselves to death. Their bodies were discovered by MI5, shipped out of the country with the aid of the US Department on UFO Cover-up, and dumped in Georgia. Fortunately, the whole nefarious scheme is about to be fully exposed ...

A

angellous_evangellous

It is my understanding that the Federal Government (Republican administration) discovered that Yetis were being used by aliens to produce crop circles in Great Britain by hypnotically inducing a power grazing compulsion. The poor dumb creatures munched themselves to death. Their bodies were discovered by MI5, shipped out of the country with the aid of the US Department on UFO Cover-up, and dumped in Georgia. Fortunately, the whole nefarious scheme is about to be fully exposed ...

I want what yer smokin.

A

angellous_evangellous