• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The glamour of another age

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This woman has decided to live her own life as if it were the fifties. 1958 to be precise.
I think that's very glamorous.

Would you do the same?
I would, but I would choose the eighties instead.:p

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I grew up as if it were 1939.

Mom bought the house when I was 12 and she did it as though it were 1939. We had a tin bath, outhouse, etc.

Sounds crazy to most folks.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
This woman has decided to live her own life as if it were the fifties. 1958 to be precise.

Would you do the same?

I already do. I live my life like it's the '20s.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
When we moved to this house it had not been updated from 1970s French rustic. Apart from covering the bright orange and lime green paintwork, removing the dark brown corduroy wallpaper, fitting modern showers and an oven (it had no oven) it's still pretty much 70s rustic

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal

Would you do the same?
Her husband has a beard. :eek:

Is he one of those commie beatniks?! :mad:

Viker

Joseph_McCarthy_adjusted.jpg

"Let's all go back to the 50s together. And crush those commie beatniks before they run for president one day." Uncle Joe Mccarthy

Viker

Best part about the 50s, if you voted Democrat you got a free shotgun. Now it's just free phones.

$_3.jpeg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Would you do the same?

This was the number one song for 1958:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
View attachment 51265
"Let's all go back to the 50s together. And crush those commie beatniks before they run for president one day." Uncle Joe Mccarthy

Although by 1958, McCarthy was dead and already fallen out of favor in the eyes of many. But Nixon and J. Edgar were still around. And the John Birch Society was also founded in 1958. The Cold War was still raging on, and in the following year (1959), Nixon and Khrushchev would have their famous "Kitchen Debate."

It was also the year that Major League Baseball was brought to the West Coast, as the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants moved to Los Angeles and San Francisco.