• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Gita Deck

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
are those divination cards? or a reflective tool?

Maija

not tarrot cards or anything. they are individually painted and have verses from the BG in sanskrit, hindi and english..i think its sanskrit..daily reflective tools. 68 in a deck, strong materials. great gift or self gift

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
not tarrot cards or anything. they are individually painted and have verses from the BG in sanskrit, hindi and english..i think its sanskrit..daily reflective tools. 68 in a deck, strong materials. great gift or self gift

Is it something any one would benifit from.? Even those unfamiliar with the bg

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Gadzooks! I want that! I have gone through the Gita and picked out some verse I really like and compiled thm into a little booklet. I add more occasionally, so it's not really complete. But someone has beaten me to the punch and done it professionally.

Btw, depending on the margins, you might be able to take them to a FedEx/Kinkos or Staples and have them "coil bound" into a small booklet. That way they stay together in order and you can flip them open and closed. A front and back plastic protective cover is provided.

Iti oj: The Gita is timeless and its words are valid for everyone, even non-Hindus. While there is much that is specific to Vaishnavism and Krishna as Supreme God, there is also a lot of just plain common sense and inspiration about love and devotion, kindness and duty.

Yes, the Gita does build on itself for the most part, but many verses can stand on their own to reflect and meditate on. One is the "famous" 9.26 "If one offers Me with love and devotion, a leaf, flower, fruit or water, I will accept it". That could very well have been said by Maa Lakshmi, Sri Shiva, Sri Ganesha because it points out the loving and accepting nature of God, who will accept even the smallest and most meager offering given with love and devotion. There is a story about how a devotee of Sri Shiva mentally offered every flower he saw to the Lord, how it immediately went to and pleased the Lord more than an elaborate daily puja Arjuna performed. So when you see a beautiful flower, look at it and think "Here is this flower Lord, I wish I could hand it to You myself, but please accept it from my mind". God will be thrilled to pieces. :)

Anything from Mandala Publishing are gems! Their products are all inspired from a Gaudiya Vaishnava company from one of the lesser known Gaudiya Vaishnava organisations (headed by Bodhayan Maharaj), and they are aimed to the general public to bring out the beauty of India's spirituality.

All their products are sweet and beautiful! I'm hoping to get some of their books myself!

Maija

will post more later, will see if i can send you two some pics of the deck at work now. happy friday hariboool!

Maija

Anything from Mandala Publishing are gems! Their products are all inspired from a Gaudiya Vaishnava company from one of the lesser known Gaudiya Vaishnava organisations (headed by Bodhayan Maharaj), and they are aimed to the general public to bring out the beauty of India's spirituality.

All their products are sweet and beautiful! I'm hoping to get some of their books myself!

http://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Though...1345910868&sr=8-12&keywords=wisdom+hindu+book

This is another great book, every page has a beautiful photograph and a quote, they are all dated so it gives you something wonderful to start the day with.

Back to my cards, I do love them oh so much :D ! I am able to recognize deities now, Narasimha, Saraswati, beautiful pix of Arjuna..I think even Yama was in some. It will be nice to one day share these with Kaija (my daughter).

I also got these books for her: llluminations of the Bhagavad Gita Book
Amazon.com: Illuminations from the Bhagavad Gita (9781886069329): Kim Waters, Chris Murray: Books

and the Butter Thief book:
Amazon.com: Butter Thief (9781886069206): Chris Murray, Kim Waters: Books

There's so many cute religious books of your kiddies. :rainbow1:

Check it out! !

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Gadzooks! I want that!

jai jai , nothing like a bit of enthusiasm :)

Yes, the Gita does build on itself for the most part, but many verses can stand on their own to reflect and meditate on.

yes , I have spent many an hour opening on a random page , and allways the most perfect answer to the dilema of the day spontaniously selects itself :bow:

So when you see a beautiful flower, look at it and think "Here is this flower Lord, I wish I could hand it to You myself, but please accept it from my mind". God will be thrilled to pieces. :)

beautifull thinking , .......just keep thinking like this and forget all the interlectual heckklers , .... this is deffinately the way to go .:namaste

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
yes , I have spent many an hour opening on a random page , and allways the most perfect answer to the dilema of the day spontaniously selects itself :bow: :namaste

Have you been reading Gandhi again? ;)

The Geeta is the universal mother. I find a solace in the Bhagavadgeeta that I miss even in the Sermon on the Mount. When disappointment stares me in the face and all alone I see not one ray of light, I go back to the Bhagavad Gita. I find a verse here and a verse there , and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming tragedies - and my life has been full of external tragedies - and if they have left no visible or indelible scar on me, I owe it all to the teaching of Bhagavadgeeta.

Beautiful! Before I gave them away to my boyfriend, I actually owned both "The Butter Thief" storybook and the other one, Illuminations of the Bhagavad Gita, both GREAT treasures to own!! They are worth your money, trust me! I also had the Gods and Goddesses deck from them, which contain mantras and a beautiful image for each Vedic divinity (even Lord Chaitanya!).

They also have a few of Swami Tripurari's books... the Swami is LGBT friendly and unique in the Gaudiya Vaishnava world, and well-known for utilising his intellect to express and bring modernity in Vaishnavism.

Anyways, enjoy! And as I said, anything from Mandala Publishing is supreme quality products!

Maija

Not intending to spur people into a purchasing spree but I assure you, you'll be in awe of these cards. I'm going to frame a few with clear glass frames and hang them in my hall they're so detailed.
Gaura Priya--- I'm very excited about the Butter Thief, I bought both of those books on Amazon, apparently I didn't look at the dimensions of the book so now I have a Illuminations mini book..meh, it'll be for car rides and travel.

Yes, the Gita does build on itself for the most part, but many verses can stand on their own to reflect and meditate on. One is the "famous" 9.26 "If one offers Me with love and devotion, a leaf, flower, fruit or water, I will accept it".

I saw that verse on a card last night, my hub kept saying "Go to bed, you can look at your cards tomorrow!" lol..I thought of you Jainarayan. It'll be nice to know we have the same set of cards..lemme know when you get them :)

They also have a few of Swami Tripurari's books... the Swami is LGBT friendly and unique in the Gaudiya Vaishnava world, and well-known for utilising his intellect to express and bring modernity in Vaishnavism.

I'll have to remember that :) I saw a few of his titles on amazon and put them on my wishlist along with a few other book on Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.

x
Haribol & happy saturday

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
You're killing me! Shipping charges are sending me to the poorhouse! :p

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
That's what I was talking about. I could have ordered them together. My Gita Deck has shipped. Shipping charges are only a few $$. From India, though, the charges are more than the total order. But sometimes that's the only place you can find something, so I don't really mind.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
dear jainarayan ,

Have you been reading Gandhi again? ;)

no , unfortunately not , so I guess you are going to say that he enjoyed to do likewise ?
I know he advocated reading daily from the gita and the ramayana :bow:

ramayana ki jai , bhagavad gita ki jai , ghandi ji ki jai :namaste