• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Gita Deck

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I know he advocated reading daily from the gita and the ramayana :bow:

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. If the Gita Deck is what I think it is, it will be an invaluable help to get through day to day life. :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I got them yesterday, but it was too late to open and go through them. I want to see if they can be bound into a booklet. That would be great.

Maija

id like to bind them but im afraid of losing parts of the pictures..i guess i could if it was a spiral binded thing. the more i think about it im thinking its a good idea, i wanna make a wood cover for the front and back and drill holes into the wooden book cover. if any of that makes sense. first id want to take out the cards i want to frame heh

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I would make color copies of the ones you want to frame, and keep the original set intact. Most printers will let you fidoodle with 2 sided copying. If I have them bound it would be the coil/spiral. The people at Staples or FedEx know if they can do it or not. If they can't, they'll say so. They won't ruin take a chance of ruining anything to make a $. Only one dipstick employee at Staples bound something backwards and upside down! Fortunately it was a booklet I printed and was able to re-print. The guy who re-did it for me just went :rolleyes: when he saw it and knew who originally did it. I'm not pushing his, but it's an option for making booklets out of different things.

Satyamavejayanti

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Just to mention that I went through ~75% of the deck and found it "delightful". I love the pictures of all the deities and events. It is not only a Vaishnava item. I am still debating whether to keep them in the box or have them bound so they stay in the order they are in. Though I don't think it much matters because they are not in chapter order. I just wouldn't want any to get lost. One should be very careful not to leave them lying about. Just my ocd talkng, maybe. ;)