• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The fossil graveyards also disprove evolution and billions of years.

AdamjEdgar

Highly intelligent responses to @SavedByTheLord consist of Not Worth Responding To, No you are wrong, Logic Fail etc. That is from those of us whose grey matter suffered through his spam attacks. To say that he presented evidence is false, he only made assertions and then declared them "proof"
nothing more than avoiding the issues...

I do not agree with everything Saved by the Lord writes here, however, he has presented some evidence above that is referenced and therefore, in order to refute that evidence, referenced responses must be posted...otherwise the answer to his statements are pretty pictures of scantly clad women on a religious forum!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
nothing more than avoiding the issues...

I do not agree with everything Saved by the Lord writes here, however, he has presented some evidence above that is referenced and therefore, in order to refute that evidence, referenced responses must be posted...otherwise the answer to his statements are pretty pictures of scantly clad women on a religious forum!
I do not think that you understand what counts as evidence and why. Saved has not presented any evidence. I can support this with reliable sources if you wish, but to even have evidence in the sciences you need to have at bare minimum a scientific hypothesis first:

In the sciences, evidence is understood as what confirms or disconfirms scientific hypotheses.[

Forcing a person to state their explanation as a testable hypothesis forces them to "put their money where their mouth is". If you really believe something then you can think of a way to test it and possibly refute it if it is wrong.

Yes, There are other problems with evolution too that the proponents refuse to acknowledge and instead form utterly horrible unscientific beliefs for. Some problems with evolution:

1. There are no transitional forms universally accepted by evolutionists and doubters in the fossil record.

2. Evolution cannot explain the origin of life. And it was never intended to do so. And so it does not refute the existence of God. Don't let any evolutionists tell you otherwise because they're wrong in that case.

3. It really does contradict the scientific method of Testability, Replicability, falsifiability etc. Especially macro-evolution. Has anybody ever observed evolution occurring? No.

4. Evolution acts like another religion, seriously. Need I say more?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Yes, There are other problems with evolution too that the proponents refuse to acknowledge and instead form utterly horrible unscientific beliefs for. Some problems with evolution:

1. There are no transitional forms universally accepted by evolutionists and doubters in the fossil record.
Archaeopteryx
Tiktaalik

2. Evolution cannot explain the origin of life. And it was never intended to do so. And so it does not refute the existence of God. Don't let any evolutionists tell you otherwise because they're wrong in that case.
Correct

3. It really does contradict the scientific method of Testability, Replicability, falsifiability etc. Especially macro-evolution. Has anybody ever observed evolution occurring? No.
Broccoli
Banana

YOU have not said much.
You have merely parroted the Institute for Creation website.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Thanks for analyzing some basic points of mine. Your rebuttal?
Here you have merely emphasized the fact that YOU have not presented anything.
You have merely parroted the Institute For Creation website with out actually understanding what you parroted.

Otherwise you would know that the answers I gave to your "points" readily refute them.
Archaeopteryx and Tiktaalik are the two most well known transitional fossils.
Not only have broccoli and bananas been observed evolving, but their evolution was actually guided by humans to get the versions of broccoli and bananas most commonly eaten today.

But you did not know that.
Thus it appears that an honest, meaningful discussion on this topic with you is not possible.

Have a nice day.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

That is a lying pseudoscience source. Why did you use it?

That is because the origin of life is different and more complex. It is a different science. They are not one and the same. Abiogenesis is explaining the origin of life.
No, this has already been refuted. Why repeat the lies of others? Even worse, why do you repeat the lies of others after being corrected? When you do that you look as if you are lying.
That is another false claim. Evolution is evidence based. Religions are faith based. In other words evolution is based upon reality. Religions are all too often based on wishful thinking.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, that comment may as well apply to you because you haven't said anything worthwhile yet. You might as well have said nothing.
We already know I'm as dumb as you are
so, no barb you can launch will sting.

This topic has been done to death here.
That's why I've not weighed in.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

What's the point of all this?

1 is completely wrong because there are already transitional fossils discovered and well documented now. This is not still the past prior to these discoveries.

2 is convoluted as it is abogenesis that deals with the origins of life on Earth whereas evolution deals with an organism's adaptability to its environment resulting in speciation.

3 is a denial of the scientific method since Evolution can be directly observed in the micro scale involving lizards finches and fruit flies as well as your own biology. The macro scale is just an extension and there's no different than the micro scale but it takes thousands if not millions of years for notable major changes which of course human beings do not have the capability of living that long to see for themselves which is why the fossil record records macroevolution and logs the changes to organisms over those vast periods of time.

My advice is to catch up with the times.

Last edited: