• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The fossil graveyards also disprove evolution and billions of years.

SavedByTheLord

Here is link that describes why these fossil graveyards prove evolution and billions of years false.

Fossil Graveyards | Genesis Park

I have included several paragraphs from this site.

Perhaps the most challenging fossil phenomena for Darwinian apologists to explain are the vast graveyards of animal remains that are found throughout the world. Ongoing excavations in the Gobi Desert tell of one such sight that has become an embarrassment to evolutionists. Twenty-five theropod dinosaurs have been discovered along with 200 skulls of mammals. There is no evidence of the several million year evolutionary gap or of the iridium boundary that is thought to delineate when the dinosaurs became extinct.

“The Gobi Desert of Central Asia is one of the earth’s desolate places. Yet the Gobi is a paradise for paleontologists. …Our expeditions, jointly sponsored by the Mongolian Academy of Sciences and the American Museum of Natural History, have excavated dinosaurs, lizards and small mammals in an unprecedented state of preservation.Freshly exposed skeletons sometimes look more like the recent remains of a carcass than like an 80-million-year-old fossil. In yet another ironic twist, the rocks of the Gobi appear to be missing precisely those strata that currently hold the greatest public interest: no sections found thus far include the Cretaceous-Tertiary (K-T) boundary, when the dinosaurs became extinct. Whatever cataclysm wiped out the dinosaurs (and many other species then on the earth), its mark on Central Asia seems to have been erased.” (Novacek, Michael J., Mark Norell, Malcolm C. McKenna, and James Clark, “Fossils of the Flaming Cliffs,” Scientific American, vol. 271, 1994, pp. 60-69, as cited in Morris, 1997.)

One of the most fascinating fossil graveyard of all is located in the southern United States. The Ashley Beds is an enormous phosphate graveyard that contains mixed remains of man with land and sea animals, notably dinosaurs, pleisosaurs, whales, sharks, rhinos, horses, mastodons, mammoths, porpoises, elephants, deer, pigs, dogs, and sheep. This catalogue of fossils from the phosphate beds was given in the records of Major Edward Willis who displayed them at multiple expositions (Willis, “Fossils and Phosphate Specimens,” 1881.) Professor F.S. Holmes (paleontologist and curator of the College of Charleston’s Natural History Museum) described the fossil graveyard in a report to the Academy of Natural Sciences: “Remains of the hog, the horse and other animals of recent date, together with human bones mingled with the bones of the mastodon and extinct gigantic lizards.” There can be little doubt what extinct gigantic lizard he referenced for he pictured a hadrosaurus on the front of his 1870 book The Phosphate Rocks of South Carolina and captioned it: “Skeleton of a Fossil Lizard eighteen feet in Length.” Moreover, on page 31 he wrote, “It was in this Post-Pleiocene age, the period when the American Elephant, or Mammoth, the Mastodon, Rhinoceros, Megathereum, Hadrosaurus, and other gigantic quadrupeds roamed the Carolina forests, and repaired periodically to these Salt-lakes”… (p. 31.) The mixing of these remains was pell-mell throughout the roughly 40 square mile area of this deposit around Charleston, South Carolina. By one estimate, bones made up 65% of the extraordinary phosphate deposits in the region of the Ashley River basin before it was largely mined out. (Keener, J.C., The Garden of Eden and the Flood, 1901, p. 244.) Evolutionists have cast about trying to propose a credible mechanism for mixing creatures from Cretaceous to Holocene in this stratum, but none has been satisfactory and the matter has been expunged from current references to this site.

Another massive repository of fossils is found in South Africa. We can only speculate how many creatures are contained in this graveyard. One mind-boggling analysis estimates “The Karoo formation in South Africa alone contains fossil remains of about 800 billion animals.” (Milner, Richard, The Encyclopedia of Evolution: Humanity’s Search for Its Origins, 1990, p. 330.) Only a catastrophe operating on the scale of the Genesis Flood would be sufficient to account for this!

The geological layers can be divided into megasequences, packages of sedimentary rock bounded top and bottom by erosional surfaces. The first three of these (Sauk, Tippecanoe, and Kaskaskia) contain mostly ocean-dwelling organisms. The higher three (Absaroka, Zuni, and Tejas) contain many terrestrial animals. Dinosaur fossils are particularly plentiful in the Absaroka and Zuni rock units. But throughout these fossil layers there are also marine organisms. For example, the Hell Creek Formation of the American west has yielded an abundance of famous dinosaur fossils. But less attention is given to the six species of sharks and 14 species of fish found buried alongside them. (Clarey, Tim, Carved in Stone, 2020, p. 303.) The mixing of marine and terrestrial environments is not a rare occurrence isolated to the northwest part of America. Sharks, sawfish, and coelocanths were found in the same rock layers as Spinosaurus in Morocco. (Durham, Louise, “Shell Makes Large Discovery on Deepwater GoM,” AAPG Explorer 39, 2018, pp. 24-25.) Dinosaur fossil in Europe occur in marine deposits alongside the preserved remains of marine invertebrates. Dinosaur fossil buried in obvious marine sediments is the rule, not the exception. This is powerful evidence of a worldwide Flood catastrophically laying down the vast fossil-bearing layers that cover our continents.

Clizby Wampuscat

Another massive repository of fossils is found in South Africa. We can only speculate how many creatures are contained in this graveyard. One mind-boggling analysis estimates “The Karoo formation in South Africa alone contains fossil remains of about 800 billion animals.” (Milner, Richard, The Encyclopedia of Evolution: Humanity’s Search for Its Origins, 1990, p. 330.) Only a catastrophe operating on the scale of the Genesis Flood would be sufficient to account for this!
Concluding that only a flood as described in Genesis could account for this is not science. What is the evidence that a flood was the cause of the fossil remains?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Did you forget to address the evidence is your failed rebuttal?
Did you forget to attend high school? I took geology at college but Raquel Welch in a fur bikini never got mentioned.

IMG_7316.jpeg

Bthoth

*banned*

Here is link that describes why these fossil graveyards prove evolution and billions of years false.

Fossil Graveyards | Genesis Park

I have included several paragraphs from this site.

Perhaps the most challenging fossil phenomena for Darwinian apologists to explain are the vast graveyards of animal remains that are found throughout the world. Ongoing excavations in the Gobi Desert tell of one such sight that has become an embarrassment to evolutionists. Twenty-five theropod dinosaurs have been discovered along with 200 skulls of mammals. There is no evidence of the several million year evolutionary gap or of the iridium boundary that is thought to delineate when the dinosaurs became extinct.

“The Gobi Desert of Central Asia is one of the earth’s desolate places. Yet the Gobi is a paradise for paleontologists. …Our expeditions, jointly sponsored by the Mongolian Academy of Sciences and the American Museum of Natural History, have excavated dinosaurs, lizards and small mammals in an unprecedented state of preservation.Freshly exposed skeletons sometimes look more like the recent remains of a carcass than like an 80-million-year-old fossil. In yet another ironic twist, the rocks of the Gobi appear to be missing precisely those strata that currently hold the greatest public interest: no sections found thus far include the Cretaceous-Tertiary (K-T) boundary, when the dinosaurs became extinct. Whatever cataclysm wiped out the dinosaurs (and many other species then on the earth), its mark on Central Asia seems to have been erased.” (Novacek, Michael J., Mark Norell, Malcolm C. McKenna, and James Clark, “Fossils of the Flaming Cliffs,” Scientific American, vol. 271, 1994, pp. 60-69, as cited in Morris, 1997.)

One of the most fascinating fossil graveyard of all is located in the southern United States. The Ashley Beds is an enormous phosphate graveyard that contains mixed remains of man with land and sea animals, notably dinosaurs, pleisosaurs, whales, sharks, rhinos, horses, mastodons, mammoths, porpoises, elephants, deer, pigs, dogs, and sheep. This catalogue of fossils from the phosphate beds was given in the records of Major Edward Willis who displayed them at multiple expositions (Willis, “Fossils and Phosphate Specimens,” 1881.) Professor F.S. Holmes (paleontologist and curator of the College of Charleston’s Natural History Museum) described the fossil graveyard in a report to the Academy of Natural Sciences: “Remains of the hog, the horse and other animals of recent date, together with human bones mingled with the bones of the mastodon and extinct gigantic lizards.” There can be little doubt what extinct gigantic lizard he referenced for he pictured a hadrosaurus on the front of his 1870 book The Phosphate Rocks of South Carolina and captioned it: “Skeleton of a Fossil Lizard eighteen feet in Length.” Moreover, on page 31 he wrote, “It was in this Post-Pleiocene age, the period when the American Elephant, or Mammoth, the Mastodon, Rhinoceros, Megathereum, Hadrosaurus, and other gigantic quadrupeds roamed the Carolina forests, and repaired periodically to these Salt-lakes”… (p. 31.) The mixing of these remains was pell-mell throughout the roughly 40 square mile area of this deposit around Charleston, South Carolina. By one estimate, bones made up 65% of the extraordinary phosphate deposits in the region of the Ashley River basin before it was largely mined out. (Keener, J.C., The Garden of Eden and the Flood, 1901, p. 244.) Evolutionists have cast about trying to propose a credible mechanism for mixing creatures from Cretaceous to Holocene in this stratum, but none has been satisfactory and the matter has been expunged from current references to this site.

The geological layers can be divided into megasequences, packages of sedimentary rock bounded top and bottom by erosional surfaces. The first three of these (Sauk, Tippecanoe, and Kaskaskia) contain mostly ocean-dwelling organisms. The higher three (Absaroka, Zuni, and Tejas) contain many terrestrial animals. Dinosaur fossils are particularly plentiful in the Absaroka and Zuni rock units. But throughout these fossil layers there are also marine organisms. For example, the Hell Creek Formation of the American west has yielded an abundance of famous dinosaur fossils. But less attention is given to the six species of sharks and 14 species of fish found buried alongside them. (Clarey, Tim, Carved in Stone, 2020, p. 303.) The mixing of marine and terrestrial environments is not a rare occurrence isolated to the northwest part of America. Sharks, sawfish, and coelocanths were found in the same rock layers as Spinosaurus in Morocco. (Durham, Louise, “Shell Makes Large Discovery on Deepwater GoM,” AAPG Explorer 39, 2018, pp. 24-25.) Dinosaur fossil in Europe occur in marine deposits alongside the preserved remains of marine invertebrates. Dinosaur fossil buried in obvious marine sediments is the rule, not the exception. This is powerful evidence of a worldwide Flood catastrophically laying down the vast fossil-bearing layers that cover our continents.
Did the dinosaurs create the gods and then teach them to man in the garden of eden?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Did you forget to attend high school? I took geology at college but Raquel Welch in a fur bikini never got mentioned.

View attachment 87920
That was why I got into evolution:oops::D:p

Maybe they should do a remake, though of course it would have to be a fur thong today. Are there any young actresses that could pull off this major dramatic work?

EDIT: Dang it, I forgot that fur thongs exist, and probably ancient ones exist as well:

1707237609316.png

☆Dreamwind☆

Evolution isn't like pokemon where it changes rapidly once or twice. It's a slower process, plus some animals have remained very much the same, while others have diverged and vary widely within the genus. Tracing back ancestors to modern day species teaches us that. As does the diversity of life throughout recorded history.

@Subduction Zone Err...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Evolution isn't like pokemon where it changes rapidly once or twice. It's a slower process, plus some animals have remained very much the same, while others have diverged and vary widely within the genus. Tracing back ancestors to modern day species teaches us that. As does the diversity of life throughout recorded history.

@Subduction Zone Err...
Hey! Let me keep my adolescent fantasies!! It is all that I have left of my long lost youth.

Luckily I know that man and dinosaurs walked the earth together. I have seen Jurassic park and so to prevent any accidental gore I am putting this in a spoiler:

1707245833431.png

☆Dreamwind☆

Hey! Let me keep my adolescent fantasies!! It is all that I have left of my long lost youth.

Luckily I know that man and dinosaurs walked the earth together. I have seen Jurassic park and so to prevent any accidental gore I am putting this in a spoiler:

*sigh* Subduction, no matter how much you may wish it, Tyrantrum does not evolve into Blaziken.

For serious though, there's nothing wrong or blasphemous with observing changes in the natural world and recording it so we can understand how things work better.

Last edited: