• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The first verse of the Bible contains:

Onoma

2zi0dav.jpg

A.} The formula for the volume of a 4 sided pyramid
B.} The " seven seals " of the Book of Revelation
C.} Proof that ancient societies knew Pi to a degree of accuracy far above what academia acknowledges
D.} The answer to the mystery of the numbers 666 and 144,000
E.} The answer to the identity of the " Man of Sin "
F. } Proof of the identity of Jesus Christ
G.} Proof the Bible is divine
H.} The key to the secret of the New Jerusalem
I. } The key to explaining the base 60 system of Mesopotamian metrology the Bible is based on
J .} None of the above
K.} All that and more

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I'm interested in how C. could even be considered. How does Pi come out of the first verse in Genesis?

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
First; what?

Second; why does your signature contain the coats of arms' for Hanover(white horse on a red field) and what looks to be the arms of Saint-Barthélemy(the other end, it isn't perfect but it's what comes to mind)?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Since we have no idea which bible you are speaking of . . . it is impossible to answer
Yup. Take your pick.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

In the beginning God (Elohim) created [by forming from nothing] the heavens and the earth.

God created the sky and the earth. At first,

In the beginning, when God created the universe,

When God began creating the heavens and the earth,

First this: God created the Heavens and Earth—all you see, all you don’t see. Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness. God’s Spirit brooded like a bird above the watery abyss

In the beginning Elohim created heaven and earth.

In the beginning God made from nothing the heavens and the earth.

In the beginning Elohim created hashomayim (the heavens, Himel) and haaretz (the earth)

In the beginning, God created everything: the heavens above and the earth below. Here’s what happened:

In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth --

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
G is out of the Question.

If you are referring to the numerology as to try and upgrade the Bible it is not very impressive of you.

:)

David1967

Premium Member
2zi0dav.jpg

C.} Proof that ancient societies knew Pi to a degree of accuracy far above what academia acknowledges
I. } The key to explaining the base 60 system of Mesopotamian metrology the Bible is based on
J .} None of the above
K.} All that and more

Ok, I'll bite. ....what?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Yup. Take your pick.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

In the beginning God (Elohim) created [by forming from nothing] the heavens and the earth.

God created the sky and the earth. At first,

In the beginning, when God created the universe,

When God began creating the heavens and the earth,

First this: God created the Heavens and Earth—all you see, all you don’t see. Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness. God’s Spirit brooded like a bird above the watery abyss

In the beginning Elohim created heaven and earth.

In the beginning God made from nothing the heavens and the earth.

In the beginning Elohim created hashomayim (the heavens, Himel) and haaretz (the earth)

In the beginning, God created everything: the heavens above and the earth below. Here’s what happened:

In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth --​

There are other bibles than the Christian one . . .

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
But to some, the original translation is:
In the beginning, The GODS created the SKIES and the earth.

Tumah

Veteran Member
But to some, the original translation is:
In the beginning, The GODS created the SKIES and the earth.
That would be a pretty poor translation as the second word in the verse (ברא) is in third person masculine singular (he created).
Also, see 1:8

Tumah

Veteran Member
2zi0dav.jpg

J .} None of the above
K.} All that and more
J .} None of the above

Subhankar Zac

That would be a pretty poor translation as the second word in the verse (ברא) is in third person masculine singular (he created).
Also, see 1:8

I m talking about the Hebrew word ELOHIM that means MANY GODS and few others say a female GODDESS.
The Hebrew word SHAMAYIM according to many translated to SKY, since the word heaven didn't exist back then.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I m talking about the Hebrew word ELOHIM that means MANY GODS and few others say a female GODDESS.

I'm pretty sure I heard something about the use of the word "Elohim" here being more a case of a plural being used to signify authority. Similar to how English monarchs would sometimes refer to themselves as "we."

The Hebrew word SHAMAYIM according to many translated to SKY, since the word heaven didn't exist back then.

...well, technically, neither did the word "sky".

The word "heaven" in Old English (so more properly heofon) actually did mean "the sky", which itself originally came from an Old Norse word that meant "clouds".

Subhankar Zac

I'm pretty sure I heard something about the use of the word "Elohim" here being more a case of a plural being used to signify authority. Similar to how English monarchs would sometimes refer to themselves as "we."

The word "heaven" in Old English (so more properly heofon) actually did mean "the sky", which itself originally came from an Old Norse word that meant "clouds".

That's one explanation For it.

Skwim

Veteran Member
There are other bibles than the Christian one . . .
Of course, but around here, and most other places, when someone capitalizes "bible," as Onoma does in his title, everyone takes it to mean the Christian Bible.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

I don't think that this is actually a 'refutation', or argument against the /plurality interpretation. /the 'we', as in more than one being,,
The idea you are presenting, is often presented without other context that would help explain the plural nature of the verses, as well.