• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Father knows, but not the Son?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
writer said:
54 the Trinity. Showing that they are seperate beings.
Separate beings's not the "Trinity."
That'd be 3 Gods, which's more like Mormonism, polytheism. Not the revelation in the NT or O. Hear O Israel, Jehovah your God's one Jehovah.
Jehovah's 3 in 1
Perhaps you should consider letting the Latter-day Saints speak for themselves, writer. We are a monotheistic religion.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
writer said:
not plural Gods
Well that was cryptic. Was I supposed to actually get anything out of that? I think perhaps it's time to get back to the OP. How do you think a single Being can both know something and not know something at the same time? That's all we're really discussing here. It seems obvious to me that this would require two distinct Beings.

writer

64 Was I supposed to actually get anything out of those three words?
4 initially, 5 countin the contraction

How do you think a single Being can both know something and not know something at the same time?
asked and answered, posts 1 'n 35.
Quite mysterious. At least to me. Since this single Being, Jesus Christ,'s both God and man. Perfectly 'n completely both. Very mysterious, "Wonderful"'s His name (Isaiah 9:6; etc)

That's all we're really discussing here. It seems obvious to me that this would require two distinct Beings.
His humanity's distinct, but not separate, from His God-ity, if that may b my word

can't say i wanna

figured if you could talk subjex around the OP (eg 59), me 2. Thanx

Bishka

Veteran Member
writer said:
not plural Gods. Nor each w/ Their own planet, or harem

Hilarious isn't it?

You don't know our doctrine. None of this is doctrine, it's just heresay and madeup junk.

You don't even bother to actually get it right and then spout off something you read on the internet or something you heard from a friend.

writer

ask u 2 clear it up, if u want, or if u can. But we, or at least i,'ve been told that's unrelated to the OP.
Thanks

what misreps?

Bishka

Veteran Member
writer said:
ask u 2 clear it up, if u want, or if u can. But we, or at least i,'ve been told that's unrelated to the OP.
Thanks

what misreps?

If you really wanted to 'clear it up', you'd go to the LDS section of this forum and ask a specific question or series of questions to clear it up. :yes:

We've done it for other people, we'd do it for you as well. Feel free to go there and ask us all sorts. :)

writer

don wanna tuch Mormonism w/ a ten foot pole. But thanks very much regardless, since u can't answer here. I won't ask. Or save it for later.
Thanx

nutshell

writer said:
what misreps?

You posted "not plural Gods. Nor each w/ Their own planet, or harem" implying Mormonism while your quote is not supported by Mormon doctrine. It's flat out wrong, regardless of what you've read on the Internet.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
writer said:
don wanna tuch Mormonism w/ a ten foot pole. But thanks very much regardless, since u can't answer here. I won't ask. Or save it for later.
Thanx

That was nice....

Anyway, to the OP. Perhaps though the Father and the Son are the same being, but are of two different minds. Almost like God has Multiple Personality Disorder (that felt blasphemous...), where one personality knows something but another hasn't a clue.

Just my thoughts and reasonings :)

jonny

may said:
Jehovah and his son Jesus christ are in unity of thought regarding Gods purpose for the earth , but Jehovah is the one who will give the command to Jesus to go into action to Judge the nations . yes i think that Jesus did not come out of marys womb knowing about heavenly things , but at his baptism the heavens were opened up to him ,and his pre-human life that he had in the heavens with his father before he came to earth were opened up to him.
After being baptized Jesus immediately came up from the water; and, look! the heavens were opened up, and he saw descending like a dove God’s spirit coming upon him. Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: ‘This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.’"—Matt. 3:13-17.

I agree that the Heaven's were opened unto him, but does that have to be interpreted as Christ became all-knowing at that exact moment? I don't know this for sure, but I'd tend to believe that Christ was still progressing until the moment of his resurrection. At that point he was no longer part-mortal and part-God, but fully God. That's just my thinking on the subject.

jonny

writer said:
54 the Trinity. Showing that they are seperate beings.
Separate beings's not the "Trinity."
That'd be 3 Gods, which's more like Mormonism, polytheism. Not the revelation in the NT or O. Hear O Israel, Jehovah your God's one Jehovah.
Jehovah's 3 in 1, and there's only one God

The belief that there could be more than one God is not the same as the worship of more than one God. Polytheism is the worship of multiple Gods. Mormons worship God the Father in the name of Jesus Christ. We don't consider ourselves any more polytheistic than other Christian religions.