• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Father knows, but not the Son?

Bishka

Veteran Member
writer said:
97 beckysoup61 theology and doctrine of the LDS Chruch then the members on this forum who have been LIFE-long members of the LDS church.
80 jonny belief that there could be more than one God
18 Katzpur I don't view them as one being either.
79 jonny At that point he was no longer part-mortal and part-God, but fully God.
59 Katzpur seperate beings: You do realize how LDS that statement sounds
belief that there could be more than one God's not monotheism.
Thanx

By taking these quotes out of context, and continuing to misrepresent them you are hurting nobody but yourself. At this point it is quite clear that you are happy to misrepresent our beliefs, practices, and doctrines without a single glance back

writer

By taking these quotes out of context,
how so?

and continuing to misrepresent them
how's quoting u misrepresenting u?

you are hurting nobody but yourself.
how so?

At this point it is quite clear that you are happy to misrepresent our beliefs, practices, and doctrines without a single glance back
by quoting u i had to glance back. At what u wrote. Did i misquote anyone?
Do u not believe what u write? Where do your practices come into play?
Thanx

Bishka

Veteran Member
writer said:
By taking these quotes out of context,
how so?

and continuing to misrepresent them
how's quoting u misrepresenting u?

you are hurting nobody but yourself.
how so?

At this point it is quite clear that you are happy to misrepresent our beliefs, practices, and doctrines without a single glance back
by quoting u i had to glance back. At what u wrote. Did i misquote anyone?
Do u not believe what u write? Where do your practices come into play?
Thanx

This thread isn't about that, and I invite you to post in the LDS DIR forum if you have further question concerning any practices, doctrines, beliefs of the LDS Church.

writer

This thread isn't about that,
is that why u, jonny, nutshell, and Katzpur talk about LDS here?

if you have further question concerning any practices, doctrines, beliefs of the LDS Church.
i've none now.
In any case, monotheism/polytheism is what my posts concern, as related to your OP.
Unless u're thinking that any use of the word "polytheism" = Mormonism.
It duzn't and shouldn't, although Mormonizm appears polytheistic. I prefer not to talk about Mormonism, but rather about posters' comments here re monotheism/polytheism.
Thank u

A

angellous_evangellous

nutshell said:
NOTE TO ALL:

Writer does not know LDS beliefs.

We are NOT polytheistic. We worship ONE God.

Doesn't this thread have an OP?:confused:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
angellous_evangellous said:
I'm with Angellous.
So would that make the vote 2 to 1. Or are Angellous and Angellous the same essence, in which case we've still got a tie?

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
nutshell said:
NOTE TO ALL:

Writer does not know LDS beliefs.

We are NOT polytheistic. We worship ONE God.

I'm seriously still confused about whether that's true or not.

A

angellous_evangellous

Katzpur said:
So would that make the vote 2 to 1. Or are Angellous and Angellous the same essence, in which case we've still got a tie?

Neither one of us agree that a "tie" logically flows from two personalities sharing the same essence or substance. That is, Angellous is at the same time Angellous, but we count as two persons who inhabit the same being at the same time and therefore outvote another single vote.

This irritates Mrs. AE.:D

writer

2 to 1's good. Close.
2 in 1's better. More accurate.
Testimony of 2 men is true: I'm One who testifies concerning Myself, and the Father who sent Me testifies concering Me.
I and the Father are 1.
Come to know and continue to know that the Father's in Me and I'm in the Father...
Jn 8:17-18; 10:30, 38

A

A. Leaf

I think you might find Jesus loves his father, actually calls his father God, even though another point here is that he has renamed himself, a clue would be in revelations Chapter 3, verse 12, I believe. He must have been a bit tired of hid old name and how the name has been abused to make money and war I would guess.

A

A. Leaf

Im in the Father and the Father is in me, quite mental or quite spiritual? What do you think?

Quiddity

nutshell said:

I hope you're right. When pressed it sure seemed to me like that LDS means something else by the word "ONE" then some of the other mainline Christian denominations do.

nutshell

Victor said:
I hope you're right. When pressed it sure seemed to me like that LDS means something else by the word "ONE" then some of the other mainline Christian denominations do.

Worshipping ONE God is different than whether the Father and the Son are ONE being or ONE in purpose.

Quiddity

nutshell said:
Worshipping ONE God is different than whether the Father and the Son are ONE being or ONE in purpose.

I'll leave it at that, otherwise it's bound to swirl into a Trinity debate. We both know there has been enough debates on that already.