• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Fall Of Mankind

Iwill

I propose a revolutionary concept that has never been raised in the history of our civilization.

The concept is simply this.

The human capacity to believe, is essentially the flaw in our ability to process sensory information correctly. My current study on the human mind has exposed a shocking fact. A human brain can only collect and store external sensory information, in a solid state (Factual Data) When humans attach a belief to incoming sensory information, that information is no longer solid.

Non solid information is a sensory distortion, and can not be naturally processed or stored in any area of the human brain. Continual reinforcement of sensory distortion, will eventually cause complete factual impairment.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Welcome to RF, enjoy a cake or too before the staff canteen opens

french-bakery.jpg

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I propose a revolutionary concept that has never been raised in the history of our civilization.

The human capacity to believe, is essentially the flaw in our ability to process sensory information correctly. My current study on the human mind has exposed a shocking fact. A human brain can only collect and store external sensory information, in a solid state (Factual Data) When humans attach a belief to incoming sensory information, that information is no longer solid.

Non solid information is a sensory distortion, and can not be naturally processed or stored in any area of the human brain. Continual reinforcement of sensory distortion, will eventually cause complete factual impairment.

So you believe the human tendency to believe will lead to the fall of mankind?

Skwim

Veteran Member

Boy, that's one bus load of assertions. What ya got to back 'em up? You know, stuff like evidence and corroboration.

BTW, welcome aboard.

danieldemol

Premium Member

Welcome to RF :)

Etritonakin

What about believing we could fly? ...find land across the ocean? Even "science" must believe something is possible before it tests for it. Believing can lead to error -but also mastery of environment and self within environment.

ZenMonkey

St. James VII

I get it ... it's like faith right? If it has no substance or evidence it's useless. Like, what happens if I choose to sit in an old broke down chair? I hope it'll hold me up, but when I sit in it, it falls to the ground with me in it. How about a chair that's more solid? Repeated seating in one that holds me up would increase my faith and belief that it will hold me right? If it's just belief and no solid substance then yeah ... I agree that belief muddles things. If it's a hope and/or belief with substance and evidence then it becomes a known fact, but it takes a belief or rather a hope first to come to that point of awareness.