• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Evils Of Electric Powered Vehicles

Notanumber

A Free Man
I enjoy biking hence the e-bike but the attitude of motorists is frightening.

I avoid major roads whenever I can but this isn’t always possible. It is unbelievable the number of times that vehicles come within inches when overtaking at speed on an average bike ride.

They are supposed to leave a gap of 1.5 meters. Some do but far too many do not. Add to this the fact that you have to zigzag around potholes on British roads your safety can become a lottery.

When you go off road and onto a shared pathway, pedestrians wander about like sheep with their out of control dogs. Then they glare at you if you ring your bell. That’s if they don’t just ignore you.

I have lost my nerve to a certain degree since I had the car accident but that might not be a bad thing if it makes me more wary of the actions of others. I prefer offroading wherever possible. Canal towpaths or disused railways are a favourite.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I am a little confused.
Who would be charged? And why?
Because it appears to be electric? Because they are not wearing seatbelts?
Tom
New York has been cracking down on e-scooters/bikes for a long time. There's efforts to legalize them, but it's an uphill battle. Not just New York City either basically the entire state have them illegal to operate on public roadways and sidewalks. Basically if there's a motor of any kind on it, you're pretty much illegal and are likely to get pulled over by the police.

New E-Scooter Bills Seek to Stop NYPD Crackdown on E-Bikes

Notanumber

A Free Man
New York has been cracking down on e-scooters/bikes for a long time. There's efforts to legalize them, but it's an uphill battle. Not just New York City either basically the entire state have them illegal to operate on public roadways and sidewalks. Basically if there's a motor of any kind on it, you're pretty much illegal and are likely to get pulled over by the police.

New E-Scooter Bills Seek to Stop NYPD Crackdown on E-Bikes

They are talking about hand throttle-controlled bikes. I think those are still legal in the UK, but mine is pedal assist and these are gaining in popularity with good reason.

A friend uses his e-bike to commute to work, a twenty mile round trip and tells me that it takes him about 10 minutes longer than going by car. He bought his on a bike to work scheme is now committed to it.