• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Education of Jesus VS Lucifer and The Morning Star Venus

EvKrev

People are being deceived into thinking Lucifer is the morning star, and that Lucifer is even Jesus, when he isn't, and I have proven this using scripture in my video below. People are being deceived into thinking the day star Venus, is Lucifer, and some search results even say Venus is a woman, yet the morning star isn't, and I have proven this using scripture in my video below. Please take the time to listen to this video, and even read along for a better understanding, and have your perspective of the bright and morning star become more clear.

The Education of Jesus VS Lucifer, and The Morning Star Venus.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I have yet to meet anyone who contends that Lucifer (latin for "light-bringer") is Jesus.

Venus is a goddess in the Roman pantheon, and is usually described as the form of a woman. Venus is also a planet that is usually seen at dawn illuminated by the sun.

Lucifer Morningstar, also known as Samael, is a character in the WB series "Lucifer."

What was it we are debating here? I'm already confused.

PearlSeeker

Lucifer or Morning star is a metaphor. It can mean rise or/and fall (because of the way it appears in the sky). Thus it was used for king of Babylon, Satan and also Christ.

Morning star (Son of dawn) is definitely planet Venus. Rise and fall is not because of the sun. The position of Venus in the sky is not fixed. It moves up and down. It appears like it makes a path...

venus-eve-sky-2019-20-55n.png

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Phosphorus is the ancient Greek name for the planet Venus and the deity associated with it (male god carrying a torch). "Phosphorus" means "light bringer", its etymology is the Greek phos ("light") + the verb "phero" ("bear, carry").

The Roman name for this same deity is Lucifer, which means the same thing: the Latin word for light is "lux" (conjugated form "luci") + the verb "fer" meaning "to bring".

Phosphorus/Lucifer has nothing to do with the Judeo-Christian adversary, the use of the word is a corruption that occurred when the bible was translated into Latin.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I'm aware that both are referred to in the Bible as morning star, but that doesn't invalidate what I wrote.
What? That you have not met anyone who contends that Lucifer is Jesus? (or vice-versa?)

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
Lucifer is feminine anyway.
People are being deceived into thinking the day star Venus
That's a planet people have also referred to as Lucifer for thousands of years.
and some search results even say Venus is a woman
Venus was and always has been a Greek goddess. So, a biological woman...no.

Lucifer is metaphorical. Meaning bringer of light. Light being wisdom, glory, comfort and even liberation (for some).

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Revelation 22:16
16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”​
Except "lucifer" isn't used in either the Greek or Latin.

Per Vulgate.org, Revelations 22:16 reads in Latin:

22:16 "ego Iesus misi angelum meum testificari vobis haec et ecclesiis ego sum radix et genus David stella splendida et matutina"

("I, Jesus, have sent my angel, to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the root and stock of David, the bright and morning star.")

Note: Jesus is described as "stella splendida et matutina", i.e. "bright and morning star". No use of "lucifer".

The Latin was translated from Greek, which per Aionian Bible.org is:

22:16. Ἐγὼ Ἰησοῦς ἔπεμψα τὸν ἄγγελόν μου μαρτυρῆσαι ὑμῖν ταῦτα ἐπὶ ταῖς ἐκκλησίαις. ἐγώ εἰμι ἡ ῥίζα καὶ τὸ γένος Δαυείδ, ὁ ἀστὴρ ὁ λαμπρός, ὁ πρωϊνός

The bolded text is aster (ἀστὴρ) which translates as "star", lampros (λαμπρός) is "bright" and proinos (πρωϊνός) is "morning".

( I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the root and the seed of David, the bright star, the morning. )

Phosphorus (lucifer) in Greek is φώσφορος and not ἀστὴρ ὁ λαμπρός, ὁ πρωϊνός

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Except "lucifer" isn't used in either the Greek or Latin.

Per Vulgate.org, Revelations 22:16 reads in Latin:

22:16 "ego Iesus misi angelum meum testificari vobis haec et ecclesiis ego sum radix et genus David stella splendida et matutina"

("I, Jesus, have sent my angel, to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the root and stock of David, the bright and morning star.")

Note: Jesus is described as "stella splendida et matutina", i.e. "bright and morning star". No use of "lucifer".

The Latin was translated from Greek, which per Aionian Bible.org is:

22:16. Ἐγὼ Ἰησοῦς ἔπεμψα τὸν ἄγγελόν μου μαρτυρῆσαι ὑμῖν ταῦτα ἐπὶ ταῖς ἐκκλησίαις. ἐγώ εἰμι ἡ ῥίζα καὶ τὸ γένος Δαυείδ, ὁ ἀστὴρ ὁ λαμπρός, ὁ πρωϊνός

The bolded text is aster (ἀστὴρ) which translates as "star", lampros (λαμπρός) is "bright" and proinos (πρωϊνός) is "morning".

( I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the root and the seed of David, the bright star, the morning. )

Phosphorus (lucifer) in Greek is φώσφορος and not ἀστὴρ ὁ λαμπρός, ὁ πρωϊνός
That is true.
However, φωσφορος is used in 2 Peter 1:19

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
That is true.
However, φωσφορος is used in 2 Peter 1:19
All that indicates is different writers treated the words interchangeably even though they're not quite. Revelations dates to circa 88 CE and " morning star" is metaphorical, Peter dates to circa 125 CE, and in effect changes the meaning by using "Lucifer", a proper noun, instead. A mistake, deliberate? IDK but different writers in different eras = inconsistency.

Esteban X

Phosphorus is the ancient Greek name for the planet Venus and the deity associated with it (male god carrying a torch). "Phosphorus" means "light bringer", its etymology is the Greek phos ("light") + the verb "phero" ("bear, carry").
Is Phosphorus cognate or in anyway related to Prometheus? The iconography, carrying a torch, is similar.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Is Phosphorus cognate or in anyway related to Prometheus? The iconography, carrying a torch, is similar.
Prometheus has the epithet Pyrphoros ("fire bearer") rather than Phosphorus. What sometimes appears as him carrying a torch in late classical art was actually, per myth, a fennel stalk he used to smuggle fire from Hephaestus.

Phosphorus is an epithet for some other deities though. E.g., Hecate Phosphorus ("Hecate The Light Bearer", in Latin, Hecate Lucifera); Artemis (Roman: Diana Lucifera), Eos, and Apollo (Roman: Apollo Luciferus).

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I have yet to meet anyone who contends that Lucifer (latin for "light-bringer") is Jesus.
I have encountered this claim somewhere. I think its on youtube. My recollection is too vague for me to search for the video, but the video claims that 'Kabala magic' something something Jesus = Lucifer something something. You can't find it. Its from 10+ years ago.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I have encountered this claim somewhere. I think its on youtube. My recollection is too vague for me to search for the video, but the video claims that 'Kabala magic' something something Jesus = Lucifer something something. You can't find it. Its from 10+ years ago.
I was raised Catholic and know many Christians. Based on my interactions, reactions would range from shock to outrage if I suggested Lucifer was Jesus.