• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The EDL

Alceste

Vagabond
My concerns which i've expressed is with empty money for people on welfare. Low income earners are a different kettle of fish. We're some what fortunate at the moment (everyone except people who purchased property coming up to 2007) as house prices are staying low and interest rates are low which is allowing people who 7 years ago never stood a chance to enter the property market.

Also, we have large property developers mass producing hectares of land for housing estates. As a young professional I currently rent one. It's not the nicest and it's not spacious but it's home and it will do for now.

Low income earners would be better off it the government stopped handing them cash and fixed a home loan rate for them. Interest rates are low so there won't be a better time to do it and the government looks better in the process. People tend not to trust the government when all they do is throw $1000 at everyone when things are tough.

Ah, Canada's housing bubble hasn't burst yet. Prices have stagnated, but are still beyond the reach of most young people. The trend around here is for young families to build their own homes on the property of one of their parents. That's great for people whose parents have property. Does nothing for us. Our hope is to find property with nothing on it that we can afford. If we can pull that off I'm happy to live in a tent. :D

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, Canada's housing bubble hasn't burst yet. Prices have stagnated, but are still beyond the reach of most young people. The trend around here is for young families to build their own homes on the property of one of their parents. That's great for people whose parents have property. Does nothing for us. Our hope is to find property with nothing on it that we can afford. If we can pull that off I'm happy to live in a tent. :D

It will be interesting to see what changes in Australia in the next financial year. House costs have stagnated, rather than dropped. The low interest rates help buyers. Up until now, first home buyers have received a government grant, which help offset (some) of the pretty high stamp duty/taxes, but that is one of the key savings being made in the budget to help pay for national disability insurance.

Our trend here is for young families to build further and further from the city centre. It makes it pretty hard for the infrastructure to keep up, although one thing we have is space.

Alceste

Vagabond
It will be interesting to see what changes in Australia in the next financial year. House costs have stagnated, rather than dropped. The low interest rates help buyers. Up until now, first home buyers have received a government grant, which help offset (some) of the pretty high stamp duty/taxes, but that is one of the key savings being made in the budget to help pay for national disability insurance.

Our trend here is for young families to build further and further from the city centre. It makes it pretty hard for the infrastructure to keep up, although one thing we have is space.

We have space here too. It's always a possibility that we could just camp pretty much anywhere, and it may actually come to that if my grandmother dies. It's not ideal though. I want chickens, an orchard, a greenhouse and an aquaponics rig. That level of "camping" is bound to get noticed.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

A problem we have here and i'd say Canada has to is suitable/cost effective building space. The further out we get the closer we get to hill/lakes/rivers/heavy clays from former mountains which increase the cost of housing due to issues with founding houses near these geological features. The cost of piling versus strip footings is in the vicinity of about $10,000 in very basic terms.

Aquitaine

Ugh God, I couldn't even get passed the first 40 seconds when they started fighting amongst each other. I also love it how they're disguising it as a "charity" walk. :rolleyes:

I think what annoys me though is that groups like the EDL and BNP have basically been using Lee Rigby's death as an excuse to forward their agendas, making out that they care. As if they actually give a damn about Lee Rigby or his family.

Alceste

Vagabond

Ugh God, I couldn't even get passed the first 40 seconds when they started fighting amongst each other. I also love it how they're disguising it as a "charity" walk. :rolleyes:

I think what annoys me though is that groups like the EDL and BNP have basically been using Lee Rigby's death as an excuse to forward their agendas, making out that they care. As if they actually give a damn about Lee Rigby or his family.

Just goes to show that people who are looking for trouble can usually find it.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis

I don't think he's supposed to be 'with' them from the video. :p