• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Destruction of the Dome of the Rock and the 3rd temple of Jerusalem

ΩRôghênΩ

Disciple of Light
This event (if it happens) is said to be the most likely candidate for starting WW3. Also what's even scarier is that a number of Jews in Jerusalem and the Middle-east have sketched out plans for this new temple.So because of this im pretty sure Muslims are becoming worried.

Also, i personnaly support the 3rd temple, because for 1 thing I'm a Christian, and a second thing, I believe it was the Jew's who first owned that. basiccaly for all this time it has been in the wrong hands. this is nothing against muslims, this is just what has to happen i suppose.

For instance, if i said hey, im thinking about building a church on meccah, and at the time meccah had been long gone, should I, knowing that it originally belonged to somone else. So if the dome of the rock gets torn down, dont blame it on anyone but yourselves for building it there, very well kinowing that it belonged to somone else.

Make note that it is the holiest place on earth, where the Ark of the covenant once was.

More bout the 3rd temple:
http://www.templemount.org/tempprep.html
http://www.templemountfaithful.org/

Ori

Angel slayer
As a christian I don't see why a temple would be of concern to you, it is for the Jews if a third temple is ever built.

drekmed

Also, i personnaly support the 3rd temple, because for 1 thing I'm a Christian, and a second thing, I believe it was the Jew's who first owned that. basiccaly for all this time it has been in the wrong hands. this is nothing against muslims, this is just what has to happen i suppose.

You have got to be kidding me. The jew weren't there first:banghead3

The nation of Isreal is a place that the jews migrated to and conquered after they left egypt. If you would read the old testiment of you bible you would know this. After they killed or enslaved the people of that area, they set up a small kingdom, and were almost constantly under attack from the friends of the original people of the area. The jews were defeated a few times, and won everything back a few times.
then came the roman empire. during this time, many of the jewish people were displaced from the middle east, and when the roman empire fell, the dominant group in that region of the world was the persian empire, aka arabs.
then came the rise of the british empire and they pretty much conquered that entire region and split it up into governing districts appointing someone loyal to the empire to rule. just prior to after WW2, the british empire was beginning to come apart, because they were unable to maintain presence in the areas farthest from their homeland. In 1947, Palestinians were forced from their homes and lands, and it was given to jews that were migrating in from other parts of the world. they were supported in the military actions by superior weaponry from the west, giving them an unfair advantage over the palestinians, who under british rule were unable to develop militarily.
here is a site with some maps of that area starting in the late 1800s passia.org

For instance, if i said hey, im thinking about building a church on meccah, and at the time meccah had been long gone, should I, knowing that it originally belonged to somone else. So if the dome of the rock gets torn down, dont blame it on anyone but yourselves for building it there, very well kinowing that it belonged to somone else.

Make note that it is the holiest place on earth, where the Ark of the covenant once was.
did you ever think that maybe the arabs consider this place holy to them to?

i agree, tearing down the dome of the rock would most likely lead to a war, one in which the arab nations would kick the crap out of israel, but then we would step in because we gotta protect our little buddies. we would probably use this excuse to nuke someone into submition.
there can be no peace in the middle east while israel is a nation there. i happen to agree with the president of iran on this, and one other thing. it was germany and russia that caused so much harm to the jews, the land given to them should have been in europe rather than in the middle east. people were forceably relocated to make us feel better about not acting sooner.
i am not anti-semetic. i believe that the jews deserved reparations for the atrocities commited against them, however those repartations should not have been at the expense of a people that had absolutely nothing to do with the atrocities commited. the jews should have been given land in germany.

Drekmed

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Yes, we Westerners really do enjoy messing around with the world. The Middle East and Africa are prime examples.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
drekmed said:
the jews should have been given land in germany.
Why would they want that? The only land they want is the land given to them by their God, the land of Israel.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
When the Beit HaMikdash is rebuilt, the structures on the Temple mount will be gone.

this is a statement of faith, i am not encouraging the extreme right to go blow it up, but i believe in Moshiach and that belief comes w/ the belief in the rebuilt Temple.

drekmed, quite frankly i disagree w/ every point you make, but this is not the place to debate it as i do not wish to get off topic, and you can find a dozen anti-zionist/anti-semitist threads here on RF where this topic has been debated at length.

BruceDLimber

Of course you realize, Roghen, that doing this would put you in EXACTLY THE SAME POSITION as the Taliban Muslims who blew up the Buddhas in Afghanistan?!

Hardly a noble or recommended circumstance . . .

Bruce

alexander garcia

Hi, just my two cents. There will be a third temple this is a fact as true as the return of JEWS to the land. Also true is the fact that the Muslims had nothing to do with the killing of Jews just as they did not in the Spanish Inq. but they are now fighting against the Chosen of Yahvah. The end is close come and see.

Jerrell

Dont get Prophecy Confused. WWIII is not Irael vs. Middle East. But it may be the World vs. Jesus and his Saints. The Final War when Christ Shall usher in his Kingdom for 1000 Years. Though WWIII Could be Israel Vs. Middle, INcluding the Kingdom of the North(Russia), And Kingdom of the East(China), Kingdom of South(Muslim States), And West(EU, maybe U.S.) WWIII Could even be between the United States and China, over oil, becuase the BIble says China will invade Middle East, probably becuase of oil.

Destroying the Temple Could be before or during the Tribulation, When the Beast(Antichrist) is in Power, or when he is not. We cannot be sure. But one thing is sure, before the End of the World Comes it will be rebuilt.

One should not try to figure out the future, what really matters is that whatever happens Jesus will overcome it all, and all that beleive on his name, shall overcome with him, even unto Death.

SCIRLIN

What if the Dome of The Rock is the third temple? After reading the old testament i came to conclusion that Islam is the perfect religion for God. The God of the old testament who says like hundred times that He is one and there is no one besides Him and that He kills the unbelievers. I think submission is perfect for that God of the old testament. I also came to a conclusion that God is not a teddy bear like the christians say hahahah lol
But yeah i dont care much about this. We will see. Religion leads to wars wars and wars...

Adstar

The third temple will be rebuilt. But it does not mean that the mosque on the rock now must be destroyed. There is enough room on the temple mount for both the rebuilt temple and the mosque if they where built side by side.

The Old Temple complex covered the whole site but the actual temple itself only covered a relatively small area.

This is just another option; maybe it will be the one the anti-christ chooses. The path of least resistance.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

FFH

Veteran Member
The Dome of the Rock is where Abraham offered Isaac unto God as a sacrifice. This is why it is a holy for the Muslims, because Abraham is also their father, through Ishmael.

This location is also holy to the Jews, because this is where the Holy of Holies was located, in their last temple, which stood there until it was destroyed in 70 A.D.

Ody

FFH said:
The Dome of the Rock is where Abraham offered Isaac unto God as a sacrifice. This is why it is a holy for the Muslims, because Abraham is also their father, through Ishmael.

This location is also holy to the Jews, because this is where the Holy of Holies was located, in their last temple, which stood there until it was destroyed in 70 A.D.

However it is our holiest location, the most holy sight in islam being in mecca.

FFH

Veteran Member
AlanGurvey said:
However it is our holiest location.
I agree, and a temple will be built there, but it will not be to the same specifications as the last two.

See Ezekial chapter's 40-46. The specifications are quite different. The biggest difference, that stands out in my mind, is the absence of animal sacrifices.