• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The current state of the gaming industry now...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's one of the reasons I like the game Warframe. While I'm not that big into shooters, I do like to support it as I do believe it's an ethical way of moving forward in gaming. It is free to play and entirely pay for cosmetics and to not farm stuff. And even then the gaming community is vibrant enough that you can easily get premium currency with in game trades and still not pay any real money for the paid perks. The company that initially developed it, they even have a history of giving free games and letting people pay later, and it started with the DOS game Epic Pinball (which is still a lot of fun all these years later, and one of the few video game pinballs worth playing). It's not all free, as the did make the Unreal series, but they well demonstrate gaming companies do not need to be greedy to make money.
I agree the industry needs a good, hard ET-style crash. For the most part gaming characters are two dimensional, the stories largely forgettable, the hand holding intolerable and the fun factor has been entirely sucked out of it. I'm finding it a better use of gaming time to find English patches for old games that never officially left Japan (Seiken Densetsu 3/Trials of Mana I'm finding fun), or ones that got a PAL release but no NA release (Terranigma is great). And then there's Tetris 64. It's a shame that one never made it here because it delivered some refreshing twists to the classic that shake up the game play in meaningful ways (like occasionally throwing out funny shaped Tetriminos or Giga Tetris which has regular sized tetriminos as well as gigantic ones).

Bathos Logos

...has reached a whole new level of scum.

https://www.thegamer.com/it-costs-over-100000-to-fully-upgrade-your-character-in-diablo-immortal/

https://www.androidpolice.com/diablo-immortal-110k-greed/

I hope so much forward for a gaming crash to occur, just to put companies like this out of business.

Remember that price tag , and remember it's for only 1 single game. Free to play or not.
I don't agree with the practice, but the article seems to contradict itself.

First this:
Article said:
YouTube channel Bellular News broke down the figures in a video spotted by GamesRadar. As well as regular gear and a level based on XP, Diablo: Immortal, you'll need to obtain Legendary Gems if you want to max out your character.

The issue comes from the fact free-to-play players have no way of earning these gems, meaning they're completely locked out of that type of end-game progression.

Not the two bits in red, specifically. And then they follow up later in the article with this:
Same Article said:
On top of the ludicrous amount it will cost for paying players to max out their characters, it seems it may also take a F2P player ten years to(sic) of playtime to fully deck out their characters.

So, do you absolutely "need" these "Legendary Gems" or not? Can a free-to-play player still "fully deck out their character" given enough time and effort or not? They are pretty definitive on the idea that free-to-play players are "locked-out" of receiving these gems. They say they are "needed", and yet cite that it is possible to still full max out your character for a free-to-play player, albeit after 10 years of effort (which I agree is ridiculous, and enough for me that I wouldn't even play the game in the first place).

But yeah - something is up here. Some kind of bias perhaps, or rage leaving someone remaining less than objective about the situation.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So, do you absolutely "need" these "Legendary Gems" or not? Can a free-to-play player still "fully deck out their character" given enough time and effort or not? They are pretty definitive on the idea that free-to-play players are "locked-out" of receiving these gems. They say they are "needed", and yet cite that it is possible to still full max out your character for a free-to-play player, albeit after 10 years of effort (which I agree is ridiculous, and enough for me that I wouldn't even play the game in the first place).
It's like the game Legendary Game of Heroes. You can play for free, you don't have to spend anything, technically, but you'll be effectively unable to competitively play until after years of play to stock up enough premium currency to buy up the things needed to obtain the higher end items and characters that let you play competitively.
Which makes it kind of like MTG in that you don't have to sink money into but if you want to play leagues and play competitively you'll have to sink a lot of money into it for as long as you play.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And if people were only aware of the demonic impact on young minds of these games
I've been playing the Diablo games for over 20 years. There is no demonic impact or influence. Just people who want to complain about a title and the dark, gothic aesthetics the first two games are known for, as well as a fail to comprehend the whole point is to defeat Diablo and stop his invasion of Sanctuary (the name of the world the Diablo games take place in).

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I've been playing the Diablo games for over 20 years. There is no demonic impact or influence. Just people who want to complain about a title and the dark and gothic aesthetics the first two games are known for, as well as a fail to comprehend the whole point is to defeat Diablo and stop his invasion of Sanctuary (the name of the world the Diablo games take place in).
Glad to hear

Some time ago I entered a bus, and a few boys entered too. Then they saw a cat and yelled "driver hurry, kill the cat (as in run over by bus, we earn points". It was obvious that they were still in their computer-game-mode full of killing and scoring points when doing so. Some little children easily identify and get lost in reality.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Glad to hear

Some time ago I entered a bus, and a few boys entered too. Then they saw a cat and yelled "driver hurry, kill the cat (as in run over by bus, we earn points". It was obvious that they were still in their computer-game-mode full of killing and scoring points when doing so. Some little children easily identify and get lost in reality.

I make jokes like that all the time. Without intending to act on it. Like when pedestrians jaywalk.

This is literally a non-argument

Viker

Häxan
...has reached a whole new level of scum.

https://www.thegamer.com/it-costs-over-100000-to-fully-upgrade-your-character-in-diablo-immortal/

https://www.androidpolice.com/diablo-immortal-110k-greed/

I hope so much forward for a gaming crash to occur, just to put companies like this out of business.

Remember that price tag , and remember it's for only 1 single game. Free to play or not.
Yeah. This does suck. I've been moving away from gaming. It seems it may save me money to do so.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
There are those of us who don't see this as a negative.
Demonic meaning: destructive on psychological level...brainwashing that violence (shooting and killing others) is normal

Viker

Häxan
Demonic meaning: destructive on psychological level...brainwashing that violence (shooting and killing others) is normal
1) Demonic is a positive for me.
2) I don't buy into the violent video games fosters homicidal behavior thing.

Most people who play these games know they are games and know the difference between right and wrong in the real world.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I don't believe you. Any child grabbing at a steering wheel, has less problems with video games to worry about, and more about how their parents are raising them.

I actually do believe them, as I've seen some crazy things in my time. But I also agree with everything else you said in your post.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Glad to hear

No, there were just sick, sadistic pukes.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Here in America we had many decades of children raised watching this guy named Mr. Rogers, he was basically all our's collective uncle we shared through the TV, and he was very adamant, persistent and extremely upfront that it's all make believe. It's not real. It's fake. We can't do this stuff in real life.