• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The current state of the gaming industry now...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I actually do believe them, as I've seen some crazy things in my time. But I also agree with everything else you said in your post.
The evidence and research just doesn't explain such behaviors. There has even been newer research that has shown it's the difficulty of a game--not the violent content--that can provoke this in-lab "violent behaviors."

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The evidence and research just doesn't explain such behaviors. There has even been newer research that has shown it's the difficulty of a game--not the violent content--that can provoke this in-lab "violent behaviors."

I agree with you. What I was saying was that it sounded like The Hammer was saying he didn't believe the other person's account of an incident in a bus, and I was saying that I believed they were telling the truth based on some things I've seen before, but I wasn't relating it to video games.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I agree with you. What I was saying was that it sounded like The Hammer was saying he didn't believe the other person's account of an incident in a bus, and I was saying that I believed they were telling the truth based on some things I've seen before, but I wasn't relating it to video games.

I don't believe the bus account. You are right about that. I've seen some screwed up ****. But I've never seen a couple kids lunge at a bus driver. And if that had ever happened, the driver would stop and throw them the hell off. I've seen people booted from buses for ****ty behavior.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
"Will boys fixated on gore-filled video games become violent in real life? Many parents may worry that's the case, but new and reassuring research finds violent video games don't trigger actual violence in kids."

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-11-08/no-evidence-violent-video-games-lead-to-real-violence-study#:~:text=8, 2021 (HealthDay News),trigger actual violence in kids.
It's the modern day punching bag imv.

More than once I came across the adage to take it out on a punching bag in order to cool down and vent anger and frustration.

Games are absolutely perfect for those postal moments and releasing steam. *grin*

Twilight Hue

Still... the fact a game publisher is charging $110,000 to just level a single character to the max..

Sad part of it all is seeing great franchises disrespectfully made into a mockery with all the goodwill it accrued. Wasted.

Twilight Hue

Cuphead ? Although many a controller I'm sure have hit walls at a high rate of speed.

On the other hand the challenge is gone.

It's why i love difficulty levels.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Still... the fact a game publisher is charging $110,000 to just level a single character to the max..

It does seem extreme. I could well make the case for everything decked out costing $100, $200, $500. Games are costly to make. But $110,000 just seems like something the developer or publisher wanted to do to get in the headlines.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Sad part of it all is seeing great franchises disrespectfully made into a mockery with all the goodwill it accrued. Wasted.
Even worse. It's not just franchises, but entire companies being turned into shadows of their corners selves. At this point, Blizzard basically doesn't exist anymore, replaced by the two-headed homunculus that is Activision-Blizzard.

In many ways, this is the both the golden age and the dark age of gaming.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
1) Demonic is a positive for me.
2) I don't buy into the violent video games fosters homicidal behavior thing.

Most people who play these games know they are games and know the difference between right and wrong in the real world.
Most kids (10 y) too you think? Are you sure?

stvdv

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Then you are confusing me with they. Who's they? Hammer is a guy.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Cuphead ? Although many a controller I'm sure have hit walls at a high rate of speed.

On the other hand the challenge is gone.

It's why i love difficulty levels.
I've never gotten that throwing controller thing.
Which probably makes me a hypocrite as I've launched tools across the garage in fits of frustration before.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The person Hammer quoted. stdv. Are you skipping a post?
No, I'm trying to pin down exactly who are talking about.
But what is there to believe? Nothing more than a blind anecdote that doesn't even know what was really going on before but rather just made a very bold assumption. Just like highlighting Diablo in the URL and jumping to an erroneous conclusion that Evangelicals were making 20 years ago.
I'm willing to bet STVDV hasn't even played those games.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
No, I'm trying to pin down exactly who are talking about.
But what is there to believe? Nothing more than a blind anecdote that doesn't even know what was really going on before but rather just made a very bold assumption. Just like highlight Diablo in the URL and jumping to an erroneous conclusion that Evangelicals were making 20 years ago.

Okay. Well, I'm on board with you and The Hammer, it seems, when it comes to the subject of video games. And while I didn't agree with the conclusion stdvd made, I respect him enough for other reasons to give him a benefit of a doubt when it comes to his story. Not like he's saying that a unicorn appeared in the sky. And how situations play out in real life can depend on things like country, location, etc.

So all I was saying was, "I believe him, but I agree with the rest of what you said, The Hammer."

stvdv

Here in America we had many decades of children raised watching this guy named Mr. Rogers, he was basically all our's collective uncle we shared through the TV, and he was very adamant, persistent and extremely upfront that it's all make believe. It's not real. It's fake. We can't do this stuff in real life.
Thank you

Wow, good to hear. Mr. Rogers did well

America did that one very well. We did not have it here in Holland. But you are right, I must have been lucky to meet 2 of those crazy exceptions.

stvdv

@Snow White @Shadow Wolf @Viker @The Hammer

You have all proven to me that these games are not bad, because you all replied to me in a very, very civil way. I mean, I like kicked against the holy Grail of this Age, and still you were all so nice in your replies, explaining patiently and well. Thanks for that.

I will adjust my view on those games. My view was wrong