• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Creation of Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
And, do debates mean to infer that one side is called ignorant or "ignorant views" continually.
That depends on whether or not they are being ignorant.

A debate is one thing, this other putting down continually is not about debating, it is about elevating yourself at another's expense.
Ignorance isn't necessarily an insult.

You can have any opinion you want, but the same should count in my direction. I don't care if you are atheist, Buddhist, Hinduism, or Animalist, but, even if I were to believe that the universe is nothing but a hologram on some whizkid's supercomputer, that is no reason to putting me down. You can say you don't share my beliefs, etc. But, keep the insults to yourself. I happen to believe 100% in the Bible, and that is my choice. You have the right to disagree, for whatever chosen reasons you like. However, if you start slinging dirt, I don't mind taking the gloves off a little either.
Once again, "ignorance" simply means to not be informed on a specific issue - it isn't necessarily an insult. The best response to accusations of ignorance is a demonstration of knowledge.

Grandliseur

whether or not they are being ignorant.
So, if I feel that atheists are truly ignorant, it is OK on this website for me to say you are ignorant, in which case I guess I could say that to most atheists here about their knowledge of my specialty. So, let me get this right, you the atheist, call me ignorant and I call you ignorant because you are, and we have a lovely discussion where everyone is an idiot. :D

Just wunderbar: Ich bin, du bist, ein dummkopf.

You have just shown why discussing with people who adopt this kind of tone is of no value.
You say, ignoramus, I say, ignoramus
I say, ignoramus, you say ignoramus.
. . .
How long does this continue?! You think this makes anyone feel like discussing with people who show themselves to be such a....
That is not debating, that is mud slinging.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
So, if I feel that atheists are truly ignorant, it is OK on this website for me to say you are ignorant,
That depends - you'd have to do more than just SAY we were ignorant - it would help if you would demonstrate a lack of knowledge.

in which case I guess I could say that to most atheists here about their knowledge of my specialty.
Sure. I see no issue with that.

So, let me get this right, you the atheist, call me ignorant and I call you ignorant because you are, and we have a lovely discussion where everyone is an idiot. :D
Ignorant =/= idiot. Again, ignorance is "a lack of knowledge on a particular subject", it does not mean general stupidity. If you're having a debate/discussion with someone on a particular issue and you demonstrate a lack of knowledge, it is perfectly reasonable for the other side to call you ignorant (provided, of course, they provide a more constructive examination and explanation of how and why rather than JUST saying "you're ignorant").

Just wunderbar: Ich bin, du bist, ein dummkopf.

You have just shown why discussing with people who adopt this kind of tone is of no value.
You say, ignoramus, I say, ignoramus
I say, ignoramus, you say ignoramus.
. . .
How long does this continue?! You think this makes anyone feel like discussing with people who show themselves to be such a....
That is not debating, that is mud slinging.
You're engaging in childish hyperbole and completely misrepresenting what I said.

Do you or do you not understand what "ignorant" means and why it may actually be an accurate term to use in a debate?

Grandliseur

Do you or do you not understand what "ignorant" means and why it may actually be an accurate term to use in a debate?
The term may be used accurately, that is true. Unfortunately, it tends to be used in an insulting manner most of the time. In this then, it serves no purpose other than to bring the discussion down to a 'go to hell' type of state.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The term may be used accurately, that is true. Unfortunately, it tends to be used in an insulting manner most of the time. In this then, it serves no purpose other than to bring the discussion down to a 'go to hell' type of state.
Sure - it can be, but can you point to specific instances where that has occurred in this particular debate?

Grandliseur

Sure - it can be, but can you point to specific instances where that has occurred in this particular debate?
I think I have had quite enough of this exchange. I never intended to have any exchange between my viewpoint and those of atheist. I answered a question about the creation of woman and the questions asked about that. Nothing more, nothing less.
I don't care what atheists, or evolutionists, if you want it spelled out, believe. DO. NOT. CARE.
I simply answered someone's question. End of story and also the end of this exchange with you.
That others pick up the thread and try to enter their evolutionary ideas into it has no interest to me.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I think I have had quite enough of this exchange. I never intended to have any exchange between my viewpoint and those of atheist.
You came to a religious debate forum and never intended to have an exchange with someone of an opposing view?

I answered a question about the creation of woman and the questions asked about that. Nothing more, nothing less.
I don't care what atheists, or evolutionists, if you want it spelled out, believe. DO. NOT. CARE.
Then why are you on a debate forum?

I simply answered someone's question. End of story and also the end of this exchange with you.
That others pick up the thread and try to enter their evolutionary ideas into it has no interest to me.
You're clearly being overly defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.