• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Coward and the Commander.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
As long as you agree that all advertising of whatever kind from anyone is an attempt to brainwash, I'd allow that term. To me, it's advertising which by its nature is dramatic.
Oh definitely.

The whole thing is designed to attempt people to think in one direction or another.

But it's always going to be tacky and cheesy.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
But that only works on the vulnerable. I can turn on Fox now and hear them denigrating half of America. This happens all day, every day. You won't find CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc denigrating the conservative culture, all day, every day.
You'll soon learn the reason the republican elitists do this is to make it seem like the republican party are the lesser of 2 evils.
The elitists don't want you learning information that isn't establishment approved. That's why they demonize all media that isn't RW gossip. It's easier to control the message when your viewership immediately dismisses facts based on a royal brainwashing of the opposition.
Propaganda goes after your emotions.
Now you nailed the keyword perfectly.

Emotion.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Very likely the reason he can't understand why his attempted use of the military to "dominate" ( a word he is using over and over again these days) is so very wrong -- and finally drew the rightful comments made by those military men who understand it only too well.

How does it feel, I wonder, to live in "the land of the free," with a mob boss who wants to dominate? Sounds like a slight contradiction, to me.

It can only get worse. If Trump is re-elected then he won't need to worry so much about the voters, the people, any more. He cannot be removed for any change in his political or religious opinions/decisions....... omg.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Now you nailed the keyword perfectly.

Emotion.
Propaganda targets emotions on purpose. Easier to trick people. Skillful propagandists like Rush Limbaugh have lot's of experience honing the skill. It clearly works on those unaware of the swindlers' tactics.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If he gets another term, we can look forward to a nice little war with China next.
He needs something to go down in the history books.
He is foolish enough to believe that he could win.

pearl

I suppose you must have a factual basis for your criticism. But what is it? Where did the ad get the facts wrong?

I think the ad was right on. Trump likes to imply that Lincoln is the president he aligns with. During the Civil War it is noted that every night Lincoln would walk to the same church and pray sitting in what I believe was the 11th pew etc. But per usual Trump bungled it.