• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The correct interpretation of Jesus and Scripture?

jtartar

Hello friends,

I would like to direct your attention to a simple website that I stumbled upon some time ago, called The Truth Contest.
http://www.thetruthcontest.com

I have been reading a particular entry from this site entitled "The Present (with religion)," and I am in awe. I felt I should share this with you because I think you'll find it quite interesting. The book presents an interpretation of what Jesus was/is actually saying, and attempts to reveal the truth in the Bible.

For example, on page 21 of The Present (with religion):
-----
I am the way, the truth and the life.
No one goes to the father except through me.
Jesus, John 14:6

He is literally saying that he is the truth and the life. He does not say he is a man or God, he says he is truth and life. How could it be more clear or direct?

Jesus is saying; if you know the truth and the life you know him.

Knowing the truth and true life (a.k.a. Jesus) is the way.

Jesus also says you have to go through him to get to God/heaven. In other words, you have to know the truth and the life before you can know God.

The truth + the life = God.

Jesus said, “You will know the truth and the truth will make you free.”

Jesus is saying the truth will set you free from your own mind, your false self. Jesus said, “I have overcome the world.” Jesus is saying the truth will overcome deception, the mind of the world.

Jesus said, "Your minds must be cleared of the falsehoods of this realm if you are to be taught Eternal Truth."

Christians that believe a bearded man in a sheet and sandals will greet them when they die are going to be disappointed. That Jesus, the man Jesus, no longer exists, but the truth and the life, the spiritual Jesus, does exist.

Jesus said, “The world will see me no more, but you will see me, because I live, you will live also, you are in me and I am in you.”

Jesus said, “I am in spirit and truth.” Again, what he says is perfectly clear.

The Bible says; You shall be like Jesus, for you shall see him as he is.

False Christians: People that do not know the truth and the life cannot call themselves Christians. Jesus says you have to know the truth and life to know him, be like him. It is what the Bible says literally; it is not an interpretation.

People that worship an image of a dead man do not know the truth and life.

Jesus said, “People honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. They worship me in vain, teaching the precepts and principles of men.”
-----

That's just a small part of the book, but I find the interpretation to be mind-blowing. Reading further, I found that I could see the truth in Christianity for the first time. This book reveals truth in a clear way with simple language that we can all check for ourselves, and I think that is why it is worth showing to you. All I'm asking is that you check out this book for yourself and comment on the content. What do you think?

Jesus said, “Whoever finds the correct interpretation of what I am saying will find eternal life.”

Is The Present (with religion) the correct interpretation?

I look forward to reading your thoughts!

Namaste

Jethro Tull,
Most of what you say, I have no quarrel with, but le me put something forward that is even more simple, but also profound.
God created Adam and Eve to live FOREVER on earth. When they decided to disobey God, He immediately made a way that the offspring of Adam and Eve could gain back what Adam and Eve lost for all mankind, everlasting life without dying, This is called Covenant Theology. This promise is summed up in the very first prophecy recorded in the Bible, Gen 3:15.
Since every man that was born after the fall were also imperfect no one could ransom mankind from sin and death, Rom 5:12. The Bible tells us that the ransom was so high no one could get man out of sin and death, Rom 6:23, Ps 49:6-8.
The consequences of this left mankind hopeless, because when a man died he would just stay in his grave. God did not want this for His creation, so He sent His only begotten son to earth as a perfect man as Adam was, before the fall, so that Jesus could give his perfect life as a ransom, so that mankind could then be resurrected.
There is, what is called, The Golden Thread, throughout the Hebrew Scriptures. This thread is foreshadowing the Coming of the Messiah or Christ Jesus.
After Jesus ransom death, mankind, once again has the hope of one day eating to the Tree of Life, and living forever in a Paradise Earth, in effect, receiving the exact reward that Adam and Eve would have received, if they had obeyed God.
What is so interesting about God's purpose is: What God originally purposed will come true in the exact time period, the onle difference is: God did not want most of mankind to die. Now, most of mankind will receive the reward only after a miserable life on earth, then dying, then being resurrected into the Judgement Day, with the opportunity to continue living forever.
God's original purpose cannot be thwarted, Isa 55:11, Gen 1:27,28, Isa 45:18.

Jethro Tull

Fisher of men
Looking a bit further to page 43 of The Present (with religion):
-----
The famous miracle of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead is a good example of a saying that has been completely distorted and misinterpreted.

Jesus said, “Our friend Lazarus is fallen asleep, but I go, that I may awaken him out of sleep.” John 11:11

That is what the Bible says. He is saying Lazarus is just asleep. If he was dead and Jesus was going to bring him back to life, he would not have said it.

Why would Jesus say Lazarus is just asleep if he was really dead?

Jesus also said he was dead later, but he meant dead to life, not dead physically.

Jesus said, “Whoever believes in me, but is dead, will live again.”

That saying is the key to understanding what he really means. He cannot be talking about someone that is really dead, because they could not believe in him. Only someone that is just dead to life could believe in him. See what I mean?

Jesus said, “I was dead, but now I am alive.”

That is the only reference Jesus makes to resurrection in the Bible, and it is not referring to his physical death because he said it before he died.

The myth that Lazarus was physically dead and that Jesus brought him back to life was created by people misinterpreting what he actually said and meant.
-----

What do you think of this?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Jethro Tull,

Thank you for the thoughtful post, friend. For this reason, I have much respect for the teachings of the Buddha. "Without melting, beating, weighing and polishing a yellow substance, one should not take it for gold." I think this teaching, that we all must check things for ourselves through our own logical reasoning before believing/accepting them as true, is important to incorporate when dealing with any religion, philosophy, or proposed truth.

I can see that Jesus and Buddha (and many other revolutionaries/prophets) were essentially saying the same thing, and I think it is important for us to realize this. In this way, the borders between separated religions will dissipate, causing a unity of understanding. This is the main reason I am sharing The Present (with religion) with this community. It presents interpretation and proposed truth in a way that we can all check for ourselves without relying on blind faith to show that many prophets of the past were essentially saying the same thing in different ways. When Christians see what their revolutionary prophet (Jesus) was/is actually saying, the dogmas that cause separation will fade away, and we will live as one.

I think The Present (with religion) is the correct interpretation of Jesus and Christian scripture, but this is something we all must check for ourselves.

with metta

First up, notice the change in your avatar.
Yes am in total agreement with what you state.
Going through the various responses can only state that it is KARMA.
Those who agree have put in efforts in the past to reach to that understanding and others will also reach when their time comes.
Everything is perfect.
Truth is only one only the vessels [enlightened people] appeared to be different but the VOID remains the same for everything.
Love & rgds

Jethro Tull

Fisher of men
Friend Jethro Tull,
Those who agree have put in efforts in the past to reach to that understanding and others will also reach when their time comes.
Everything is perfect.

Thank you for your words my friend.

The time has come. The Present (with religion) is the correct interpretation, and it will help those who are ready to see through the illusions and wake up to the truth and the life. The quote from the original post makes it clear what the message is, and the book reveals the truth and the life in a way that we can check for ourselves without relying on blind faith.

[FONT=&quot]Jesus said, “The hour is coming when I will not speak to you in dark sayings, but will tell you plainly about God.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

That hour is now, my friends.

Jethro Tull

Fisher of men
Jethro Tull,
Most of what you say, I have no quarrel with, but le me put something forward that is even more simple, but also profound.
God created Adam and Eve to live FOREVER on earth. When they decided to disobey God, He immediately made a way that the offspring of Adam and Eve could gain back what Adam and Eve lost for all mankind, everlasting life without dying, This is called Covenant Theology. This promise is summed up in the very first prophecy recorded in the Bible, Gen 3:15.
Since every man that was born after the fall were also imperfect no one could ransom mankind from sin and death, Rom 5:12. The Bible tells us that the ransom was so high no one could get man out of sin and death, Rom 6:23, Ps 49:6-8.
The consequences of this left mankind hopeless, because when a man died he would just stay in his grave. God did not want this for His creation, so He sent His only begotten son to earth as a perfect man as Adam was, before the fall, so that Jesus could give his perfect life as a ransom, so that mankind could then be resurrected.
There is, what is called, The Golden Thread, throughout the Hebrew Scriptures. This thread is foreshadowing the Coming of the Messiah or Christ Jesus.
After Jesus ransom death, mankind, once again has the hope of one day eating to the Tree of Life, and living forever in a Paradise Earth, in effect, receiving the exact reward that Adam and Eve would have received, if they had obeyed God.
What is so interesting about God's purpose is: What God originally purposed will come true in the exact time period, the onle difference is: God did not want most of mankind to die. Now, most of mankind will receive the reward only after a miserable life on earth, then dying, then being resurrected into the Judgement Day, with the opportunity to continue living forever.
God's original purpose cannot be thwarted, Isa 55:11, Gen 1:27,28, Isa 45:18.

That was a really good read, thanks for that. :)

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Greetings JT. How do you feel that the Gospel of Thomas fits with your view? "The Gospel of Thomas: Annotated and Explained" by Stevan Davies is an interesting read.