• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Church of the Latter Day Dude

I recently discovered the birth of a new religion and, filled with umm..zeal..yeah..I felt I must share it.

It is the Church of the Latter Day Dude (of which I am now an ordained minister) — also known as Dudeism.

Here is the link. http://www.dudeism.com

Here is an excerpt from the religion's manifesto. Fill free to grab an Oat Soda or a Caucasian, drive by the In and Out Burger and just, ya know, grab a bath and*edit* and, don't get stressed about the upcoming bowling tournament.

And, remember, the Chinaman is not the issue! Hope this religion really ties the room together.

By Rev. Dwayne Eutsey
Arch Dudeship

THERE'S A RELIGION for its time and place...It fits right in there, helps us abide through all the strikes and gutters, the ups and downs of the whole durned human comedy. It really ties your life together.

And the religion for our time and place is Dudeism.

Of course, nihilists and reactionaries will probably dispute that—when they’re not throwing marmots into your bathtub or coffee cups at your forehead. That’s why you need to know how to respond when someone who is un-Dude asks you what the*edit* you’re talking about when you tell them about Dudeism.

Now, it’s a basic tenet of the Dudeist ethos to just say “*edit* it,” or “Yeah, well, that’s just, like, you’re opinion, man,” when someone micturates upon our faith. But we’re talking about unchecked theological aggression here, drawing a line in the spiritual sand, Dude. Across this line you do not—also, Dude, “faith” is not the preferred nomenclature—“worldview,” please.

So, What the heck am I Talking About?

Lost my train of thought there. Anyway, in defending whether Dudeism is really a religion, worldview, or what-have-you, a Dudeist must first address a very basic question: What makes a religion? Is it being prepared to do the right thing, whatever the cost? Isn’t that what makes a religion? Or is it that along with a pair of testaments?

Well, Dude, we just don’t know. Religion is a very complicated thing. A lotta scriptural ins, a lotta ritual outs…a lot of ecclesiastical strands to keep in your head, man. There is a lot about religion that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to us. It can be quite stupefying, in fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

angellous_evangellous

Maybe you should establish a fellowship with the FSM.

Jackytar was a good man. He... He was one of us. He enjoyed surfing and bowling....and in accordance with what his final wishes may have very well been we commit his remains to the ocean, which he loved so dearly. Jacktar, who loved bowling, cut down like so many men of his generation

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey! Is this the church that the MainMan Tavern-acle choir belongs to? Cuz those guys rock!

Smoke

Done here.
Dudes!

I'm now an ordained Dudeist priest!

This the happiest day since the day when, in my official capacity as Episkopos of the Apostolic Pagoda of Eris, I awarded myself the title Archon of the Magic Monkeys!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I think if any church is for me, this might be it.

While I was in L.A. on my honeymoon, I dragged my new bride to a Ralph's just so I could get a Ralph's Club Card. I think she was worried about what she had gotten herself into by marrying me.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
Is there a formal policy on alter boys? They should publish one before the catholic priests catch wind and begin defecting.