• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The chances of being right when it comes to religion.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I prefer that the religions of the world reflect a very very human cultural view of of God. actually the ancient views are based on a healthy dose of mythology, and not that every religion is some how correct. The reality of God, if God exists must be stripped from these ancient mythological perspective you come up with a more universal apophatic God that Creates and evolves the nature of our physical existence without regard to the perspective of any one religion in any one period of time.

Seek the universal without clinging to any one longing and clinging to any one comfortable 'sense of belonging.'

The shoes that comfortably fit are not the right shoes.

InquiringMind

When questions like this come up, I become tempted to repeat once again a link to the "Blind Men and the Elephant" metaphor story

main-qimg-4161e9231033aa335aca697a3ef0c4e2
How do you explain the meaning of the cartoon?

MHz

The book was written for the ones that will be able to explain it using language they use everyday.

Isa:42:9:
Behold,
the former things are come to pass,
and new things do I declare:
before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Isa:55:11:
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:
it shall not return unto me void,
but it shall accomplish that which I please,
and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Jer:4:28:
For this shall the earth mourn,
and the heavens above be black:
because I have spoken it,
I have purposed it,
and will not repent,
neither will I turn back from it.

Choosing what is right doesn't lead you to right.
If, by whatever route, you arrive at what is right, you know it.
There is no mistaking it.

The more strongly one believes they are right, the more wrong and faulty their argument likely is.

This is the danger of 'belief'. When you are right, you know it. This knowing has nothing to do with belief.
Most people know very little, and what they think they know is largely opinion.
What is right, is right, and belief affects it not one bit.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
This is the danger of 'belief'. When you are right, you know it. This knowing has nothing to do with belief.
Most people know very little, and what they think they know is largely opinion.
What is right, is right, and belief affects it not one bit.

What 'right is right' is not likely a coherent position from the human perspective.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's an image from the "blind men and the elephant" story which is a metaphorical representation of the relationship of religions to the divine - all have a portion of the truth but none have a complete picture. And they dispute amongst themselves each certain that their view is the entire truth.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Then I assume the sea of life came from the rocks that form our mountains or the salt seas that surround them-?

:)-

That is what the objective evidence indicates. Actually the best candidate for the origin of life is around hydrothermal sea vents.

There remains the fact that there is still absolutely no objective evidence for aliens visiting the earth now nor in the past.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Evidence is a trick of the mind, that blinds one to Reality.
Tunnel vision excludes the bigger picture.

Needs more explanation. It sounds like you have a specific agenda that you tunnel vision is focused on. If evidence is a trick of the mind our computers functioning is an illusion and a trick.

I only end up talking to myself around those unwilling to listen, or consider.
And if I do, I'm fine with that. I have a beautiful, deep, soothing voice, delivered in tones of Northern Ireland.
People often accuse me of liking the sound of my own voice. This is meant to insult, but in my case, it's true.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I only end up talking to myself around those unwilling to listen, or consider.
And if I do, I'm fine with that. I have a beautiful, deep, soothing voice, delivered in tones of Northern Ireland.
People often accuse me of liking the sound of my own voice. This is meant to insult, but in my case, it's true.

My grand parents talked in the tones of the Northern Irish. It did not help them either.